"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:01 pm

Good thing I created a Namekuseijin Time Patroller a few weeks ago, I imagined they would not take too long to add stuff from Movie 2.

Hopefully with these two next DLCs they tweak the Ultimate transformation (or come up with a new one) for the Namekuseijins to represent the visual change seen in the movie. Though I like the race in the game, I never played as them that much, I thought they were kinda boring overall, but this might just be what was needed for me to start playing as them more often.

I doubt they will do it, but one can hope that they also adapt the movie already (it would be a weird thing to do, as they skipped Movie 1) with a year appearing on-screen and everything else. Anyway, let's see what they have in store for the Namekuseijin race (if anything at all...).

If they could add teen Goten and Trunks would be awesome. I don't expect them even in my wildest dreams, but since we got confirmation of a few characters joining in already...

Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:31 am

Scsigs wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:24 am So, I played through the Legend Patrol Pack that has the levels & cutscenes from the first game. Holy shit, did it feel good to just blast through them with Xenoverse 2's combat & mechanical upgrades. Granted, I'm max level (99) & mid-maxed out with my character, but it's still great. So many levels that gave me grief in the original that I remember from when I played it were SO much more bearable this time around. No fucking super armor on the bosses & you can actually see the boss' stamina so they don't have unlimited stamina.
1 level I remember giving me grief because of the poor mechanics was the level where you get body-swapped with Ginyu. And that's because of how Krillin & Gohan easily die because of their A.I. being shit & the enemy A.I. being more competent. While the ally A.I. isn't that good, the enemies now focus you more in that level, so it's better. And, the Beerus & Whis level is SO much more bearable because of their lack of super armor. Trunk still dies way too quickly because he's a dumbass in a fight, but you don't need to constantly dodge & take pot shots with energy blasts for way too long. I honestly have no idea how that level got passed playtesting & people deemed it acceptable, let alone "good" & why they didn't patch it to be better.
The graphics are also much better due to the better shading & refined character models & the 60FPS is very nice towards the gameplay & look of the game, though the lack of anti-aliasing sticks out like a sore thumb during cutscenes in the Time Nest.

However, there ARE a few caveats. Mainly in that the dialogue that characters have during the gameplay segments were clearly paced with the super armor & lower level in mind from the original game & they didn't alter that to match 2's way of pacing things. Basically, I recorded a let's play for it & I like to have as much of the dialogue in the videos as possible. In order to get it, I had to willingly not attack the enemies for a bit in places to let the dialogue play out & they'd focus the allies, which wasn't always bad, but the ally A.I. is awful, like I said earlier, so they'd have half their health gone by the time I was finally able to do anything. Then there's the fact that when you get their health down to certain amounts, more dialogue plays sometimes, so I'd kill them by accident & miss some of the dialogue. I think adjusting the pacing by having the health stop draining after certain amounts like 2's levels has it would've been a better route to take, especially since the allies have NO qualms about still attacking the enemies even when they're low health.
Also, there's some audio glitches for some reason during cutscenes at times. Mainly the dialogue not cutting off right &, for some reason, Masako Nozawa's laugh in the last main story cutscene playing instead of Sean Schemmel's. Considering how different their voices are, I'm really surprised they didn't notice or that it was pointed out to them. Reminds me of the glitch in the remaster of Budokai 3 where Uub would scream in his Japanese voice during 1 of his attacks when you have the English dialogue selected. Also by Dimps. Hmm... :think:

But, yeah, had a good time going back through these levels. I still have no idea how to get the true ending where Goku doesn't help you defeat Demigra, but meh. It's also cool that they included the DLC levels from it as well. I'm honestly shocked by the lack of GT-centric content in XV2. Seriously, outside of some of the PQs & characters in the roster, there's NO GT-based levels in 2's main story. It also kinda brought 2's shift in main antagonists from Demigra to Towa & Mira into a bigger light because it seems like they were setting up Demigra to return with the DLCs for the first game mentioning him being responsible for those events going haywire. It's just kinda weird that he only has a few-second cameo at the beginning of 2's story that goes nowhere.
Also, I would've liked an option to replay the XV1 levels as my original character from that game. They continually refuse to let you use your original OC from the first game that you imported from that game into 2 for some reason & I think this would've been a great time to let you do so. They easily could've added an option to do so & set your stats & skills accordingly. I wish they'd add it. It's such a waste of potential.
To add to this, they also fixed a cutscene subtitle typo where Yamcha says, "I did it" in both XV1 & 2. They changed it to "He did it," which is what he's supposed to say. They didn't have Sabat rerecord the line, but the subs are at least fixed there. They also didn't bother having Eric Vale rerecord the infamous "Guys?" line where he dropped character entirely during the recording session. I honestly have no idea why they even used that recording int he first place. Even if the language barrier was a problem for them, he doesn't sound like Trunks during that exchange, so I don't buy that. It's stupid.
Scsigs wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:08 am
MCDaveG wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:45 am Yeah, it was a blast to play though the XV1 story mode again and also, it was weird that I couldn't use the original character I have imported.
Also, being 99 level as you said, it made the story mode pretty quick and lackluster to how I remember it originally :lol:

I wonder, if the rumors about Super Hero come true and I really hope this game get's retired soon and we'll get something new in future.
Yeah. I like the ability to play through a previous game's levels in a sequel. It's 1 thing I've really liked about the last 2 Hitman games. Few games actually do that & I appreciate it when it happens. But, yeah, the high level, lack of super armor, & pacing of the original game trivialize a lot of the original challenge.
Yeah, I just want the original CAC on the roster of characters & to be selectable for these missions. I don't know how that's that hard to do. That'd be 1 of the first few things I'd do.

Oh, we'll probably get some DLCs based on the movie's plot & characters. They've done every movie as DLC since Resurrection F.
Also, looks like we ARE getting Super Hero DLCs. Yay.

Repost of these with typos fixed since I can't go back & edit the original posts.
MCDaveG wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:44 am Yeah, I wonder if we will get just Gammas, or even Orange Piccolo and Beast Gohan plus some parallel quests.

But again, as they are adding DLC and the core game is kinda left unattended, I don't enjoy the "power" gaps. We have huge roster, but the mechanic creates weird stuff like Android 13 in base form without transformation, 3 versions of Gogeta. To this day, the best rosters respectively and in it's time for me were Sparking! Meteor and Raging Blast 2 for Z.
I would seriously welcome a completely new game with more refined gameplay and updated graphics.
We'll see what they ultimately do in XV2 for these DLCs. Some of the decisions they make at times regarding these games are stupid & confusing, so no idea.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:09 am

I think it's pretty safe to say we will get a both gammas both piccolos and Beast Gohan.

What's up in the air is:

1. A giant cell boss (they could totally repurpose the giant ape fights but remove the tail stun aspect)
2. Ultimate Namek, orange namek, and beast are useable by CACS, or mentors?
3. Teen boys? Teen fat Gotenks? Teen regular Gotenks?
4. Police officer Kuririn and Tracksuit 18 w or w/o new hair. Or lazily use Gi Kuririn and classic 18.
5. Pan?

I suspect maybe not for mentors, no ultimate recolour for players but orange will be for players as no one liked giant.

If they make Orange piccolo his own slot they could add grow giant as well.

If they have player style giant but super armor ape style cell it'll player weirdly.

There's a few ways they could do it all and I suspect it will be a little lazy and clunky but maybe they will surprise us.

Side note I have always been surprised having programmed the apes they never used it for Janemba or Hirudegarn before, especially when the added Tapion.

I suspect XV3 would tidy the superflous characters and forms down it's understandable when adding stuff after the fact.

Honestly the only thing that seems missing from the Roster is the Cell/Freeza forms, Shin and Chaozu and Kibito.

There's a few filler things like super 13 and super bojack, other movie henchmen but they feel optional.

Theres the missing TOP roster but there's so many it feels deliberate and I always assumed we'd never get em all till at least XV3.

Chaozus only hope is for a XV3 coming out after the anime comes back and adapts the Moro arc imo.

Excluding DB, GT, Filler, leftover TOP and so on, are there really any core canon DB characters missing other than Cell/Freeza forms, Shin and Chaozu and Kibito?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:48 am

I really hope they go all-out with Piccolo and give him a slot with an Ultimate transformation, and a second one for Orange Piccolo with Giant. It probably won't happen tho

And I know people will kill me for this, but I would rather have Beast Gohan as just a transformation. He didn't do enough in the movie to even create an entire moveset for him (not like that has ever stopped them, but still) and otherwise I fear we may get two separated, unnecesary Gohan slots -something like Gohan (Super Hero) and Gohan (Beast)- eventually like we did with Gogeta

Pan would be an awesome addition but I doubt it's on their priorities. I think a giant Cell Max boss has more chances than her because it's way less work
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:15 pm

Would be nice if somebody other than the Saiyans got a new transformation. Then again, Orange form might be too much for them. I just hope if they do add it for CaCs, they don't just make it a pallete swap. Orange Piccolo is taller, buffer. He's noticeably different in shape. Which is why I kinda doubt they'll actually add it for CaCs. lol

Ultra Instinct is still on the table, though. That would at least be available to all races. I wonder how it would look for non-Saiyans/non-humans. Would they just change the eyes and the aura?

Bardock God of Time
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:06 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:15 pm Would be nice if somebody other than the Saiyans got a new transformation. Then again, Orange form might be too much for them. I just hope if they do add it for CaCs, they don't just make it a pallete swap. Orange Piccolo is taller, buffer. He's noticeably different in shape. Which is why I kinda doubt they'll actually add it for CaCs. lol

Ultra Instinct is still on the table, though. That would at least be available to all races. I wonder how it would look for non-Saiyans/non-humans. Would they just change the eyes and the aura?
If they add Orange Namek to CaCs, they'll probably just go the Purification route and turn you into Piccolo lol

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:13 pm

Bardock God of Time wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:06 pm
ZeroNeonix wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:15 pm Would be nice if somebody other than the Saiyans got a new transformation. Then again, Orange form might be too much for them. I just hope if they do add it for CaCs, they don't just make it a pallete swap. Orange Piccolo is taller, buffer. He's noticeably different in shape. Which is why I kinda doubt they'll actually add it for CaCs. lol

If they add Orange Namek to CaCs, they'll probably just go the Purification route and turn you into Piccolo lol
Nah. Purification was lazy, but it at least kept your character's body color. Orange Form is...well, the color is in the name. I don't think they would just turn every Namekian into Orange Piccolo. I think the pallet swap thing is more likely, given that's how they handled "Golden Frieza" form for CaCs.

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:04 am

Does anyone think that with FighterZ and Kakarot getting PS5 versions, will Xenoverse 2 get the same treatment? I played it back in 2016 on PS4, but sold it as it wasn't for me at the time. However, I've been getting back into Dragon Ball lately so if they're giving it the PS5 treatment with all the DLC stuff added, I'll just wait for that. I mean, I know you can play the PS4 version on PS5, but I'd still wait at this point.

Side note, is Bandai cheating by porting PS4 DB games to PS5? If Xenoverse does get a PS5 release, that would mean the PS5 would suddenly have three DB games by default. And honestly, I think they need to hurry up and prioritize a PS5/next gen exclusive Dragon Ball game and not just rely on ports.

Super Saiyan Zach

Post by Super Saiyan Zach » Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:38 am

mecha3000 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:04 am Does anyone think that with FighterZ and Kakarot getting PS5 versions, will Xenoverse 2 get the same treatment? I played it back in 2016 on PS4, but sold it as it wasn't for me at the time. However, I've been getting back into Dragon Ball lately so if they're giving it the PS5 treatment with all the DLC stuff added, I'll just wait for that. I mean, I know you can play the PS4 version on PS5, but I'd still wait at this point.

Side note, is Bandai cheating by porting PS4 DB games to PS5? If Xenoverse does get a PS5 release, that would mean the PS5 would suddenly have three DB games by default. And honestly, I think they need to hurry up and prioritize a PS5/next gen exclusive Dragon Ball game and not just rely on ports.
Mentioned in one of the other threads that I feel like XV2 is not going to get a PS5/XSX version, otherwise I feel like it would've been announced by now (in conjunction with the recently revealed DLC). I know there are rumors of XV3 coming in 2024, so if that is the case then it wouldn't make too much sense to release PS5 & XSX versions of XV2 next year. At least with Kakarot, who knows if there would ever be a Kakarot 2 and what that would be? And in FighterZ case, if XV3 is coming 2024, then a FighterZ 2 would probably be at least another year out. Also, we don't even know if the FighterZ PS5 & XSX versions will have new characters. Wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't, and just has all the DLC in 1 package. Plus, they are probably mostly doing this as a way to test the rollback netcode anyways.

Honestly, I don't really see it as cheating, especially since plenty of other developers are doing this. If anything, this allows them more time to develop exclusive games for those systems.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:41 am

mecha3000 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:04 am Does anyone think that with FighterZ and Kakarot getting PS5 versions, will Xenoverse 2 get the same treatment? I played it back in 2016 on PS4, but sold it as it wasn't for me at the time. However, I've been getting back into Dragon Ball lately so if they're giving it the PS5 treatment with all the DLC stuff added, I'll just wait for that. I mean, I know you can play the PS4 version on PS5, but I'd still wait at this point.

Not really, no. If. you have XV2 installed directly to the hard drive oof a PS5 or Series X/S, minus the bad anti-aliasing, the game's just fine. I can't think of anything but the resolution, AA, & probably load times being too much better compared to the original release. Load times especially, since the game relies on connecting to their server,

No, Bandai's not cheating by porting these games to 9th gen, what? Most companies are doing that. How is it "cheating" to do that?
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:25 am

So oolongs here offering quests to fight semi perfect cell.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:19 pm

I was playing some Raging Blast 2 and it made me realize how much I want Salza and Zangya to be playable in Xenoverse 2

Like even Tarble would be nice, have Tarble show up during the Saiyan Saga and have him fight Vegeta. Would be interesting character interactions.

Modern_Dingus

Post by Modern_Dingus » Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:57 pm

Bardock God of Time wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:19 pm I was playing some Raging Blast 2 and it made me realize how much I want Salza and Zangya to be playable in Xenoverse 2

Like even Tarble would be nice, have Tarble show up during the Saiyan Saga and have him fight Vegeta. Would be interesting character interactions.
I think that's Xenoverse's biggest miss, it's not the graphics, it's not necessarily the missing characters, it's the fact that they set up the PERFECT reason for you to throw your action figures together and it doesn't go all out.

I'm not saying every single character needs their own 10 mission story arc with cut-scenes, but there are so many unanswered questions and desired interactions, that the few interactions there are just aren't carrying enough.

The closest we got was Infinite History, but the lack of thorough exploration in events kinda leaves that dry. You want to bring Turles to the Saiyan Saga to see how he'd react to the lower-class defeating an Elite? Maybe he'd turn a new leaf? Nope.

I'd like any sort of spiritual successor to start brushing past the low-hanging fruit, meme scenarios; Such as the one-off Evil Yamcha, or the completely unaddressed SSJ Nappa and really delve into what would happen if the Earthlings learned Kaioken or if Vegeta stayed dead on Namek. Maybe Gohan succumbs to Babidi's mind control upon seeing Videl be brutalized.

Though I suppose it's difficult to actually expect this, not because I think the devs are "lazy" but I'm not aware of their working conditions, deadlines, and other factors that make my fanboy's wet dream just that.
Are you a fan of Xenoverse 2? Want to help spread awareness of other races utility? Check this out!
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=46756

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:37 pm

So, apparently there is a Survey now in-Game and you even get a limited Loading Screen, but only if you connected a Bandai Namco ID to your XV2. I'd say this is THE Chance to tell them if you want a Xenoverse 3, instead of endless DLCs for this Game. I love this Game, but I really wish we could finally move on.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Bardock God of Time
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:22 pm

I hinted about Xenoverse 3 multiple times in my survey responses

My most wanted features are Custom Auras and more Hairstyles that aren't wigs

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:21 am

Modern_Dingus wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:57 pm
Bardock God of Time wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:19 pm I was playing some Raging Blast 2 and it made me realize how much I want Salza and Zangya to be playable in Xenoverse 2

I think that's Xenoverse's biggest miss, it's not the graphics, it's not necessarily the missing characters, it's the fact that they set up the PERFECT reason for you to throw your action figures together and it doesn't go all out.

I'm not saying every single character needs their own 10 mission story arc with cut-scenes, but there are so many unanswered questions and desired interactions, that the few interactions there are just aren't carrying enough.

The closest we got was Infinite History, but the lack of thorough exploration in events kinda leaves that dry. You want to bring Turles to the Saiyan Saga to see how he'd react to the lower-class defeating an Elite? Maybe he'd turn a new leaf? Nope.

I'd like any sort of spiritual successor to start brushing past the low-hanging fruit, meme scenarios; Such as the one-off Evil Yamcha, or the completely unaddressed SSJ Nappa and really delve into what would happen if the Earthlings learned Kaioken or if Vegeta stayed dead on Namek. Maybe Gohan succumbs to Babidi's mind control upon seeing Videl be brutalized.

Though I suppose it's difficult to actually expect this, not because I think the devs are "lazy" but I'm not aware of their working conditions, deadlines, and other factors that make my fanboy's wet dream just that.
Wow I can't believe someone is complaining about Infinite History, there was sooo much custom dialogue there!

The story definitely needs a redo though, XV2 copy pasted so much of XV1. I think you guys have the right ideas, just have it go back to the time breakers messing with time by throwing random characters in where they don't belong. This build chaos energy, leads to some boss fights etc.

Modern_Dingus

Post by Modern_Dingus » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:28 pm

It's not so much that I dislike Infinite History, so much as I feel like it's not living up to it's potential, and part of that you could technically blame me, just because of my choice of favorite characters, but I still feel like it could have gone further.

I'm not expecting Fallout: New Vegas levels of world building and being able to shift the story, but I think they really could do more than "Do good, or do bad" where you still end up with the same basic ending.
Are you a fan of Xenoverse 2? Want to help spread awareness of other races utility? Check this out!

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:03 pm

It always amuse me that a 2015 game it is still releasing content to this day instead of producing the damn sequel.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:25 pm

There's a sale for this on both PlayStation and Xbox, I have the 5 and Series X, is there any reason to get one over the other? All the DLC would be around the same price either way. I have Kakorot on PS and FighterZ on Xbox, if there any sort of interconnectivity.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Modern_Dingus

Post by Modern_Dingus » Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:07 pm

Noah wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:03 pm It always amuse me that a 2015 game it is still releasing content to this day instead of producing the damn sequel.
I think the idea of Xenoverse 3 is kinda unrealistic now, it seems like they see XV2 as a stable platform, and I mean, they're not wrong.

It really is a lot easier to justify working on expanding XV2 over making a new sequel. I'm sure it's cheaper, quicker, easier, and lot more profitable.

I would much rather have Xenoverse 3, but if they're willing to put WORK into XV2, and make it significantly better instead of just adding new coats of paint, I could probably live with it. But please Bamco, add cross-platform progression.