"Dragon Ball Online" Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IncompetentOverlord
Beyond Newbie

Post by IncompetentOverlord » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:16 pm

Wow...just wow.

The PVP looks excellent. I know this is probably the umpteenth time someone's stated this in this thread, but I cannot wait.
Stuff I Know About: Hellsing, Detective Conan, Macross, GaoGaiGar, Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, Kaiji, Hetalia, Fullmetal Alchemist, Captain Harlock, Digimon, Berserk, Dragon Ball, One Piece, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Yu Yu Hakusho, Cyborg 009, Lupin III, Ultimate Muscle/Kinnikuman, Discworld, Avatar: The Last Airbender, TMNT, Futurama, Invader Zim, South Park, Sandman, Marvel, DC, Scott Pilgrim, Star Wars, Godzilla, Doctor Who, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, Kingdom Hearts, and Sonic the Hedgehog

verto
Beyond Newbie

Post by verto » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:36 pm

Anyone know if anything has been said about release in NA?
Proud to be a S<3NE.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:06 pm

and again some news...... I gave up on this game. I also doubt it'll be ever released in the western world......
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:05 am

Wait, you played it?
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Cartman Blues
Beyond Newbie

Post by Cartman Blues » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:07 am

I'll just leave this here:

http://dbmmo.com/ :D
desirecampbell wrote:
Nothing is ever mentioned that being part human would impede the transformation to SSj4. Vegeta's body was literally invaded by an alien being

Rocketman wrote:
So was ChiChi's.

Ununbium
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ununbium » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:19 am

Cartman Blues wrote:I'll just leave this here:

http://dbmmo.com/ :D
For a second there I thought it was legit.
Cool site though.

Cartman Blues
Beyond Newbie

Post by Cartman Blues » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:48 pm

It's not legit?
desirecampbell wrote:
Nothing is ever mentioned that being part human would impede the transformation to SSj4. Vegeta's body was literally invaded by an alien being

Rocketman wrote:
So was ChiChi's.

Sprite Satan
Regular

Post by Sprite Satan » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:53 pm

Cartman Blues wrote:It's not legit?
Seeing as their wiki tells you to "find" (ahem) a Korean resident registration number (comparable to an American social security number) in order to sign up, I very much doubt it.
Yamucha Densetsu - APRIL 8th Update - Goku is Yamucha and Yamucha is Goku
Further evidence to support the Yamucha-Goten lineage! Features badly Photoshopped images from Google search

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:09 am

MCDaveG wrote:and again some news...... I gave up on this game. I also doubt it'll be ever released in the western world......
I'm with MCD on this one. Until (or if ever) DBO is released in U.S. I no longer care about this game.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:12 am

I gave up on the game when I saw that humans can transform to Super Saiyans. Bloodlines!? Give me a break.

Khalid Shahin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Khalid Shahin » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:14 am

Innagadadavida wrote:I gave up on the game when I saw that humans can transform to Super Saiyans. Bloodlines!? Give me a break.
What they can!? I thought the reason why you couldn't choose to be a Saiyan because they didn't want to deal with the SSJ crap or have everyone choose them.
Other than them being extinct.

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:01 am

Khalid Shahin wrote:
Innagadadavida wrote:I gave up on the game when I saw that humans can transform to Super Saiyans. Bloodlines!? Give me a break.
What they can!? I thought the reason why you couldn't choose to be a Saiyan because they didn't want to deal with the SSJ crap or have everyone choose them.
Other than them being extinct.
I believe the skill Super Saiyajin was added because of high demand.
The humans are descended from the Saiyajin (Goku and Vegeta) and therefor they have just enough Saiyajin blood in them for them to transform into SSJ.

Girls too by the way!!

I'm very happy with this. :3
(Also, the SSJ was quite old =P)

By the way, the Nameks can have "pets", that hatch from eggs they spit out of their mouths. Kind of like having Cymbal as your pet.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:22 pm

Hopefully you can become strong enough in your base form to where you can beat someone who is SS(J).
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Kiyza
Regular

Post by Kiyza » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:44 pm

Bura wrote: By the way, the Nameks can have "pets", that hatch from eggs they spit out of their mouths. Kind of like having Cymbal as your pet.
That sounds interesting. Do you have any screenshots of that?

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:58 pm

They can also aid you in battle.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:11 pm

Man, we haven't seen hardly anything on Majins besides tiny white Buu. Namekians look like they can do SO much more.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Captain-Sora
Regular

Post by Captain-Sora » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:54 am

Considering there's another beta that just started, there have been many new videos recently put up. Here's a neat one showing a quest done during the 23rd Budokai.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRflJaR626E

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:05 pm

Captain-Sora wrote:Considering there's another beta that just started, there have been many new videos recently put up. Here's a neat one showing a quest done during the 23rd Budokai.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRflJaR626E
It looks like so much fun. I hope this comes over to the US, too!
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

IncompetentOverlord
Beyond Newbie

Post by IncompetentOverlord » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:40 pm

Big Momma wrote:Hopefully you can become strong enough in your base form to where you can beat someone who is SS(J).
Well, considering the heights they reach in the series, I'd say yes. The Nameks might have to fuse with NPCs, and the Majins will probably just have to train their asses off, but I think it will be possible.

EDIT: I'm really digging the music in the gameplay trailer. It reminds me of Mario and Zelda.
Stuff I Know About: Hellsing, Detective Conan, Macross, GaoGaiGar, Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, Kaiji, Hetalia, Fullmetal Alchemist, Captain Harlock, Digimon, Berserk, Dragon Ball, One Piece, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Yu Yu Hakusho, Cyborg 009, Lupin III, Ultimate Muscle/Kinnikuman, Discworld, Avatar: The Last Airbender, TMNT, Futurama, Invader Zim, South Park, Sandman, Marvel, DC, Scott Pilgrim, Star Wars, Godzilla, Doctor Who, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, Kingdom Hearts, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Kiyza
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Online News

Post by Kiyza » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:42 pm

Sorry if this is a bit of a necropost, but I just wanted to say the Korean open beta just went up the other day.