Official "I Have Budokai 3 And Love It" Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Official "I Have Budokai 3 And Love It" Thread

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:21 pm

Picked it up earlier. Playing "Dragon Universe." Love it, love it, love it. Actually took out daizenshuu four so I can have the map of the Dragon World open at all times :P.

Scans / pictures to come later. Chibi Broli toy is a disappointment... literally two inches tall.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:18 pm

I've got it and...it's sitting in my desk here at work with me. Won't be playing until 9-10pm tonight :P

Damn job and adult responsiblities...

-Corey

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:35 pm

Yes, I picked it up and I'm focusing on DragonUniverse and unlocking as many characters as possible! I liked the "Behind the Screams" feature, but wasn't there supposed to be a preview video for "sagas"?

Anyways, at the begining the "DU" with Goku, when ChiChi tells Goku that Bulma wants to give "it" to him, that was hilarious! heh heh I have a Mutenroshi corrupted mind! Better yet was when she said "It" better not involve Gohan. XD I fell off my chair.

It's hard for me to play this right, since I've been playing hours, upon hours of DOA Ultimate for the past week. lol

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:54 pm

This is the massive leap I was looking for in terms of gameplay from this series, the battles finally have achieved that epic feel I've been hoping for.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:17 pm

the gameplay is great, but i dont like us voices and they only use stupid dubscript for dialogues.

I'm really looking for the dbz sagas preview.

BTW...
After looking at those screencaps i must say I'm a bit dissapointed with the graphs, and whats this with the Z warrios fighting robots mostly (or are they supposed to be "aliens" or "henchmen" of some sort?
dissapointing.

Hope that ex will post video soon!

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:58 pm

I'm smelling a repetitive, crappy game just like the first Ninja Turtles games for PS2/XBOX/GCN... I hope I'm wrong...

where in the hell is that preview on the DVD!?

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:04 pm

I think it's a bit early to be jumping to conclusions about Saga at this point, lets not bury it based on a handful of screenshots.

I'm hoping it ends up being more than a straight brawler, if it is just that though I'm hoping for some online support for a DBZ game finally.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:53 pm

Gods, I can't wait to get Budokai 3. It sounds infinitely better than 1 & 2 combined, and it ACTUALLY GOT SOME GOOD RATINGS!
I'm smelling a repetitive, crappy game just like the first Ninja Turtles games for PS2/XBOX/GCN... I hope I'm wrong...
Hey, that's my all-time favorite game!
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

MajinVejitaXV

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:13 am

Okay, having actually played it now?

Best. DBZ. Game. EVAR.

I'm glad they put more effort into the actual battles as opposed to the cut-scenes (yay, the Kaioken is like it was in Movie 5...y'know, aside from it being pronounced horribly wrong).

-Corey

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:09 am

The only thing that's TRULY bugged me thus far is the HOOOOORRIBLE overuse/abuse of Dragon Lash by the computer/AI. Absolutely ridiculous.

Oh, and as for the promised "Sagas" preview? They give us the URL at the bottom of the main menu on the bonus DVD. I think that's all we get. And we found the damn site earlier today/last night. *throws up middle finger*

It's almost as great as the god damn 2-inch Chibi Broli.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:42 am

MajinVejitaXV wrote:Okay, having actually played it now?

Best. DBZ. Game. EVAR.

I'm glad they put more effort into the actual battles as opposed to the cut-scenes (yay, the Kaioken is like it was in Movie 5...y'know, aside from it being pronounced horribly wrong).

-Corey
-DBZ budokai3 is in the top3, but not best ever, DBZ legends is way more fun and has even more dbz feel to it.

Sion

Post by Sion » Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:50 am

Cursed Australia~ We won't be getting the game for a long time... How jealous I am!

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:17 am

Sion wrote:Cursed Australia~ We won't be getting the game for a long time... How jealous I am!
I feel your pain... to quote my current MSN name "Arrgh... I want Budokai 3 now! How the HFIL am I meant to wait a whole week?" C'mon.... Damn 26th of November.... why can't the number 26 be after 18 instead of 25? :evil:

Sion

Post by Sion » Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:43 am

Ahahah, the infamous 'HFIL' - how I never tire of hearing that. Of course, on the GameFAQS Budokai 3 message board, it is said that the game comes out on December 3rd, so who knows when it comes out for Australia. Although, many games are now coming out here before the UK, so once again who knows...

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:39 am

"I Have Budokai 3 And Loving It"

Anyway, got this game at 12:30 yesterday, right after class let out ^^. I didnt play it that much because of work, but I only got past Nappa on the Goku story mode. I'm really suprised about how many good ratings its getting. The 2nd one only got about an average score. The graphics are just frikkin awesome. I love Goku's Kaioken powerup. It makes my inner fanboy scream like a girl inside. The DragonUniverse is great, I could fly around for hours. I still havent figured out the DragonRushes yet though. It seems like the cutscenes are the same no matter what button you press. Has anyone gotten to the Bulma part yet?

And what's the deal with the Collector's edition? Did you have to pre-order it to get it? Because I did, and all I got was that cheap ass manga preview and the card.

MajinVejitaXV

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:42 am

sangofe wrote:-DBZ budokai3 is in the top3, but not best ever, DBZ legends is way more fun and has even more dbz feel to it.
Eh, Legends was probably the best of the PSX games, but as for the BEST...eh, it didn't do it for me. I played it once, I beat it, and now it sits somewhere in my collection. It just felt...annoying on some level. Not annoying in the 'Final Bout' sense, though ;p

Anyway, Kelly and I enjoyed B2 and B3 is shaping up to be even better. My favorite so far (but MGS3 comes out today, so...I'm gonna be divided ;p)

-Corey

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:47 am

Gahh! MGS3 comes out today? I Totally forgot about that. Must...pick....up..check...-_-

MajinVejitaXV

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:35 am

Sun_Wukong wrote:Gahh! MGS3 comes out today? I Totally forgot about that. Must...pick....up..check...-_-
Yeah, it's out, and boy are the gamestore people in my area dicks.

Me - "You guys got your shipment of Metal Gear in yet?"
Dumbass making minimum wage and living in parents' basement - "Uh, yeah."
Me - "Think you'll be selling out in the next couple of hours?"
DMMWALIPB - "No."
Me - "Okay, th--" *click*

Whatever -_-;

-Corey

Endishiki
Beyond Newbie

Post by Endishiki » Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:20 pm

Pah! Lucky sons of guns... I have holiday shopping to do, and I have so many other games to buy... makes getting this one a distant goal in the future. :? Pah.

Oh, well, this'll give me time to get B2 up to 99%/100%...
"I am an Android from the future, destined to absorb 17 and 18. ~<3"

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:39 pm

MajinVejitaXV wrote:
sangofe wrote:-DBZ budokai3 is in the top3, but not best ever, DBZ legends is way more fun and has even more dbz feel to it.
Eh, Legends was probably the best of the PSX games, but as for the BEST...eh, it didn't do it for me. I played it once, I beat it, and now it sits somewhere in my collection. It just felt...annoying on some level. Not annoying in the 'Final Bout' sense, though ;p

-Corey
I agree, I'm wondering why people put this at the top of their lists so often. I think it probably just shocked a crowd that had played Ultimate Battle 22 and Final Bout as predecessors...