"DragonBall: Raging Blast" (PS3/360) Help Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:36 pm

Timo wrote:How many stars do you need for all the extra stuff? Do you have to earn all stars in the missions?

Like Mike said, some of the descriptions are pretty confusing (the German translation doesn't help, because it's HORRIBLE, REALLY F****** HORRIBLE).
You need 5-10 stars for costumes, 10-20 for What-If missions. (The most expensive costume being battle damaged Goku, and the most expensive What-Ifs being Battle of the Super Saiyan 3s and Rebirth of the Legendary Super Saiyan, which unlock SSJ3 Vegeta and SSJ3 Broly respectively).

I'm not sure what your second question is actually asking, but you don't need to actually need to complete every mission to get the stars. You can get one or two (ie: just one objective will get you one star).

On a slightly unrelated note, how do you unlock that attack that Goku uses in the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:01 pm

Is there any other way to get star pieces other than missions in the story mode?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Timo
Regular

Post by Timo » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:12 pm

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece wrote:
I'm not sure what your second question is actually asking, but you don't need to actually need to complete every mission to get the stars. You can get one or two (ie: just one objective will get you one star).
Okay, thanks. That was I wanted to know.

NeverRamza
Not-So-Newbie

Post by NeverRamza » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:46 pm

Maybe you've already solved these but I'll throw in my answers anyway.
VegettoEX wrote:"Perform a Super Attack after sending your opponent flying"
I've sent my opponent flying with a string of melee attacks, a charged melee attack, etc... then flick the right analog stick to do an attack... multiple times... and never get this star. What?!
This might be where you do a smash attack rather than a rush attack. It's probably something like hit X X X hold-up-Y to send them flying back and then smack 'em with a super while they're sailing. I haven't done this one specifically.

EDIT: Okay, I successfully did this. I know for sure that it doesn't work if your opponent already hits the ground (failed with Kuririn's ki spread ball that plowed into Dodoria after he landed). When I got this it was either from doing the above and hitting with a masenko while he was still mid-air or while I was doing a pursuit attack and let loose a masenko after the last hit while Dodoria was still line-driving away.

VegettoEX wrote: "Make a signature skill the first attack"
By "signature skill" it means the "Circle" (or I guess "B" on 360) button, right? So... I did that. I spammed pressing "Circle" when the match began and made sure it hit the opponent first thing. And I don't get the star. Stumped, here.
Make sure B is the first thing that hits. A little thing will come up that says first attack once it does (assuming you strike them first... which you need to).
VegettoEX wrote: "Perform 10 Sways"
So I sat there and spammed a bazillion sways over and over, and never got the star. Do I have to actively be swaying around the opponent's attack? 'Cuz I tried that, too (mostly on easy, which is actually DIFFICULT since the opponents rarely attack you...)
I had to put it on normal since the computer usually only uses a ki blast when you fly up to them on easy. Yes, you need to sway around the opponent's attack.
VegettoEX wrote: "Draw your opponent closer three times"
What does this even mean?!
Confirming that this is referring to Piccolo's signature attack (B).

But anyway, my question...
Personally, I'm having a lot of trouble with the one where it says you need to complete every perfect action. I've accidentally done a few perfect actions before but I'm not sure how. It might have something to do with the directions that appear on the top of the screen but I'm not entirely sure. Specifically this is referring to the last Saiyan battle. I successfully completed the cutscene where you spirit bomb/genki dama Vegeta but still no dice.

EDIT: Successfully did this myself. Top the screen in a rectangle it'll occasionally give suggestions on moves to do. I did what I was told the single time it came up in easy mode and got the star.

JamieDBZFan1995
Beyond Newbie

Post by JamieDBZFan1995 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:52 pm

I have a question how do I access these exchangeable items I keep unlocking?
23rd October, Dragonball Raging Blast!

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:35 pm

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece wrote:On a slightly unrelated note, how do you unlock that attack that Goku uses in the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai?
It's one of the things you can get by gathering the Dragon Balls.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:53 pm

Eddie wrote:
Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece wrote:On a slightly unrelated note, how do you unlock that attack that Goku uses in the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai?
Well that answers my question...So apparently you can unlock more moves by collecting the DragonBall. That's a relief.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:46 pm

Eddie wrote:
Oh joy. Only another hundred dozen more rounds to go.

Well, no one else online has it, so it'll be a pretty nifty trick.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:04 pm

Eddie wrote:

Speaking of Online(I myself havent tried it yet) but anyway How many Brolys have you come across?
Peace And Power MF DOOM!

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:10 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:
Eddie wrote: It's one of the things you can get by gathering the Dragon Balls.

Speaking of Online(I myself havent tried it yet) but anyway How many Brolys have you come across?
I've taken on LSSJ Broly once, but SSJ3 Broly rears his ugly head far more often. Granted, he doesn't show up too often in the grand scheme of things (maybe five to six times out of my total of around fifty games), but all of those times ended up being matches where I selected a character, and I assumed that the opponent had selected a character, but he had actually just been hovering over a character to make it look that way, and went on to choose SSJ3 Broly.

This is usually how I get paired up with SSJ3 Broly, SSJ3 Vegeta, Gogeta, Vegito, and Kid Buu. While playing as Bardock.

The most common characters are Goku, Vegeta, Teen Gohan, Perfect Cell, Vegito, and Gogeta. At least for me, anyway.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:57 pm

Okay, if I'm using those stars to buy stuff, what do I do with the "D" points?
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:28 pm

As I mentioned in my review, how you actually SPEND stuff is pretty damn hidden away in the game. Crappy off-the-TV iPhone pics to the rescue!

Go to "Ultimate Customize" >> "Customize Deck". Choose a character and pick one of the three "Custom" slots.

Up will come the customization grid. You have a couple options from here. I'm pretty sure you get a couple items by default or by getting them along the way in story mode... I don't quite remember. If you press "X" (or I guess "A" on 360) on any open block, you can select which item to fit in the available space from your own inventory. Once selected, you can press "SQUARE" to rotate them around Tetris-style to fit around each other. As you apply items, you can see the stat increases shoot up over on the left.

If you press "TRIANGLE" on this screen, you can bring up the "shop" (for lack of a better term). Here you can buy even more customization items that do things like reduce the "Stiffness" time, automatically charge your ki, blah blah blah. You can also purchase expensive items that expand your grid (in these images, I've already purchased it up to its max size).

Once you purchase items, they become globally available across all characters. You don't need to (and can't) purchase an item multiple times. You can attach it to Goku, and you can attach it to Chiaotzu at the same time. Doesn't matter.

Here's a shot of an in-progress grid with lots of stuff applied to it:

If you want it to work on a character with transformations, you have to make sure you apply the same deck to ALL of those transformations. On this screen, you can press "SELECT" to bring up a sub-menu where you can actually copy and paste decks, which makes it a lot easier.

Hope that helps! It's sure not documented or laid out well...
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:02 pm

How do you get the Super Spirit Bomb and the other powerful Spirit Bomb that was used against Kid Buu?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:09 pm

That definitely helped, EX. I appreciate it!

(But man...that is hidden away, and complicated as all get out!)
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:14 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:How do you get the Super Spirit Bomb and the other powerful Spirit Bomb that was used against Kid Buu?
You have to buy the Everybody's spirit item.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!

Ichigo Storm

Post by Ichigo Storm » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:18 pm

Okay here's a silly question but is a Gold membership on Xbox Live required to play this game online?

I ask because although I always assumed so, I still allowed myself to travel to the Xbox Live option on the main menu. I have a Silver membership and wondered if a little message would pop up telling me that this feature was unavailable to me. However upon confirming the option, the game allowed me into the next menu and even so far as to choosing an opponent for a match. Due to my cautious nature I exited out before choosing a match so as not to upset anyone, but I still found it odd that nothing should stop me and tell me "No you can't do this without a Gold membership"

So, despite my Silver membership, can I still play online?

JamieDBZFan1995
Beyond Newbie

Post by JamieDBZFan1995 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:23 pm

Ichigo Storm wrote:Okay here's a silly question but is a Gold membership on Xbox Live required to play this game online?

I ask because although I always assumed so, I still allowed myself to travel to the Xbox Live option on the main menu. I have a Silver membership and wondered if a little message would pop up telling me that this feature was unavailable to me. However upon confirming the option, the game allowed me into the next menu and even so far as to choosing an opponent for a match. Due to my cautious nature I exited out before choosing a match so as not to upset anyone, but I still found it odd that nothing should stop me and tell me "No you can't do this without a Gold membership"

So, despite my Silver membership, can I still play online?

Try it you won't be able to join a game if it's for gold members only.
23rd October, Dragonball Raging Blast!

Ichigo Storm

Post by Ichigo Storm » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:28 pm

JamieDBZFan1995 wrote: Try it you won't be able to join a game if it's for gold members only.
Ah alright then, thank you. Darn and I was getting a little excited that I may be able to earn the Live achievements too. Oh well I suppose.

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:44 pm

Are the Halo and Plasma Auras items that you have to wish for? I've seen a lot of people with them, as of late.

Also, does anyone know how to add more health to a character? I have an item that adds some health, but it only adds a bar (bringing to total to 4 bars) and there are some people I've seen with seven or eight bars of health.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:36 am

Yes those things you do wish for. But as far as more than one health bar goes, I cant help you because I'm in the same predicament. Not only that I still havent unlocked every move aside from the ones that must be wished for. Do you know how to get the double Galic gun?
Peace And Power MF DOOM!