"DragonBall: Raging Blast" (PS3/360) Help Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

"DragonBall: Raging Blast" (PS3/360) Help Thread

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:49 am

Heya:

Image Image

This thread's sole purpose is to help out with the game. This is not a thread for discussing the game in general (we've got one for that over here); any posts of this sort will simply be deleted.

Please feel free to ask (very specific) questions, share (very specific) links to articles and guides you have found helpful, gameplay mechanics, unlocks, etc.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:33 am

Does anyone know how to unlock SSJ3 Broli? I've got the Battle of SSJ3s (which beating unlocks SSJ3 Vegeta and the full vocal version of PROGRESSION, which is nice).

I've got a hunch that it's beating all scenarios involving Broli, so I think I've got one to go, but I wanted to know if anyone else has done it yet.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:20 pm

How do I find the Dragon Balls?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

NekoSayajinZ

Post by NekoSayajinZ » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:06 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:How do I find the Dragon Balls?
Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece wrote:Does anyone know how to unlock SSJ3 Broli? I've got the Battle of SSJ3s (which beating unlocks SSJ3 Vegeta and the full vocal version of PROGRESSION, which is nice).

I've got a hunch that it's beating all scenarios involving Broli, so I think I've got one to go, but I wanted to know if anyone else has done it yet.
These two I can answer

@ Super Saiya-Jin Tullece

When you complete a previous level in Super Battle Collection, you can complete it again using a set of "missions" to earn stars, which you can use to unlock the extra levels with SSJ3 Broli.

@ Hellspwan28

Like the previous Sparking! titles, you can mostly find them hidden in the destructible objects in certain stages, and the location of the balls are always set at random.

JamieDBZFan1995
Beyond Newbie

Post by JamieDBZFan1995 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:15 pm

NekoSayajinZ wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:How do I find the Dragon Balls?
Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece wrote:Does anyone know how to unlock SSJ3 Broli? I've got the Battle of SSJ3s (which beating unlocks SSJ3 Vegeta and the full vocal version of PROGRESSION, which is nice).

Like the previous Sparking! titles, you can mostly find them hidden in the destructible objects in certain stages, and the location of the balls are always set at random.

Really? Cause I thought you can only get them when the Dragonball battle comes.
23rd October, Dragonball Raging Blast!

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:38 pm

WTF is with some of these mission objectives on beaten stages in "Dragon Battle Collection" mode?

"Land three Knockdown Attacks"
Did I miss something? I don't see anything labeled "Knockdown Attacks" in the manual. What specific type of attack does it mean? I thought I had tried everything, but I'm not getting the star.

"Perform a Super Attack after sending your opponent flying"
I've sent my opponent flying with a string of melee attacks, a charged melee attack, etc... then flick the right analog stick to do an attack... multiple times... and never get this star. What?!

"Make a signature skill the first attack"
By "signature skill" it means the "Circle" (or I guess "B" on 360) button, right? So... I did that. I spammed pressing "Circle" when the match began and made sure it hit the opponent first thing. And I don't get the star. Stumped, here.

"Perform 10 Sways"
So I sat there and spammed a bazillion sways over and over, and never got the star. Do I have to actively be swaying around the opponent's attack? 'Cuz I tried that, too (mostly on easy, which is actually DIFFICULT since the opponents rarely attack you...)

"Draw your opponent closer three times"
What does this even mean?!
JamieDBZFan1995 wrote:Really? Cause I thought you can only get them when the Dragonball battle comes.
"when the Dragonball battle comes"...? That doesn't make any sense.

What I understand is that you need to do "Super Battle Trial" >> (unlock "Dragon Ball Battle"; I beat "Arcade" to get it). This mode is described as "Get a Dragon Ball with each opponent you defeat!" I'm about to try it out now, since I'm sick of star-harvesting on stages I've already played.

EDIT: So it looks like after you unlock "Dragon Ball Battle" and then win the fight, it disappears from the menu again. I'm assuming you have to meet certain requirements in the other "Super Battle Trial" modes over and over to re-unlock it, win the fight to get the Dragon Ball, then it disappears again... blah blah blah.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

JamieDBZFan1995
Beyond Newbie

Post by JamieDBZFan1995 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:32 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
JamieDBZFan1995 wrote:Really? Cause I thought you can only get them when the Dragonball battle comes.
"when the Dragonball battle comes"...? That doesn't make any sense.

What I understand is that you need to do "Super Battle Trial" >> (unlock "Dragon Ball Battle"; I beat "Arcade" to get it). This mode is described as "Get a Dragon Ball with each opponent you defeat!" I'm about to try it out now, since I'm sick of star-harvesting on stages I've already played.
/quote]

Yeah sorry that's what I meant, getting 3 stars in each mission is really annoying. I'm hoping a website makes a guide for them soon.

JamieDBZFan1995
Beyond Newbie

Post by JamieDBZFan1995 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:56 pm

Thanks for posting, I thought that would have been longer like Budokai 3's.

hudemx

Post by hudemx » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:59 pm

Question:
How do I get the last Battle in the Freeza Saga (the one before the epilog which shows Gohan an Vegeta fight)
One of the few...

JamieDBZFan1995
Beyond Newbie

Post by JamieDBZFan1995 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:49 pm

hudemx wrote:Question:
How do I get the last Battle in the Freeza Saga (the one before the epilog which shows Gohan an Vegeta fight)

You buy it from the Star Shop.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:14 am

For the last two star requirements you don't need to be playing on "Hard Mode". Just switch it over to easy in order to get those stars quicker, no sense in making a tedious task any longer then it needs to be. Just figured I'd throw that out there for anyone who's having issues with this.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

hudemx

Post by hudemx » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:41 am

JamieDBZFan1995 wrote:
hudemx wrote:Question:

You buy it from the Star Shop.
Ah Great thanks ^_^
One of the few...

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:43 am

VegettoEX wrote:WTF is with some of these mission objectives on beaten stages in "Dragon Battle Collection" mode?

"Land three Knockdown Attacks"
Did I miss something? I don't see anything labeled "Knockdown Attacks" in the manual. What specific type of attack does it mean? I thought I had tried everything, but I'm not getting the star.

I'm not there yet in the game, so it's only guesses on my part, but maybe the "knockdown attacks", if not named in the instruction booklet or training mode, is simply smash attacks oriented downward to make the opponent crashes on the ground. For "draw your opponent closer, my only guess would be... Piccolo's special ability to draw him closer with the circle button. But I don't even know if it's possible for the challenge to be Piccolo, so they're just all blind guesses as I've said.

ShinRogafuken
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ShinRogafuken » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:52 am

Knockdown Attacks is part of the training mode in the dojo, it's basically throwing an opponent that's lying on the ground after doing a Smash Attack: Low.

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:16 am

VegettoEX wrote:"Perform a Super Attack after sending your opponent flying"
I've sent my opponent flying with a string of melee attacks, a charged melee attack, etc... then flick the right analog stick to do an attack... multiple times... and never get this star. What?!
I think you have to hit them upwards and use a special. I don't know if I've gotten this one, but I've gotten "Perform a Super Attack after knocking your opponent to the ground," and it was the same thing except I smashed them downwards.
"Make a signature skill the first attack"
By "signature skill" it means the "Circle" (or I guess "B" on 360) button, right? So... I did that. I spammed pressing "Circle" when the match began and made sure it hit the opponent first thing. And I don't get the star. Stumped, here.
You have to make sure that you're getting the little indication at the left of the screen that the attack you land is the first one in the game, and not just your first hit on him. (So the guy you're fighting can't hit you before you perform this move on him, or else it doesn't work).
I'm gonna go ahead and guess that you're playing as Piccolo (since I got this during the Piccolo vs 17 battle). You have to use his signature move three times, seeing as his signature ability is to use his extendo-arms to pull people in.

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:47 am

How do I spend money? I have a lot of money and I can't find the shop. I know there is a star shop but is there a regular shop too? If not, then what is the point of having money if need need star points to get anything?
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:05 pm

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:How do I spend money? I have a lot of money and I can't find the shop. I know there is a star shop but is there a regular shop too? If not, then what is the point of having money if need need star points to get anything?
I was wondering the same thing. Oh and does any have a list of all the team attacks? So far I've only done the Bros. Kamehameha,Buu Valleyball,Special Beam, and Spirit Bomb fusion( when Goku passes the Genki dama to Krillin).
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:28 pm

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:How do I spend money? I have a lot of money and I can't find the shop. I know there is a star shop but is there a regular shop too? If not, then what is the point of having money if need need star points to get anything?
The actual shop is in the menus you use for customization. Go to "Edit Deck" and then choose "Item List" (it'll be either Y or Triangle). There you can buy upgrades and stuff.

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:16 pm

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece wrote:
The actual shop is in the menus you use for customization. Go to "Edit Deck" and then choose "Item List" (it'll be either Y or Triangle). There you can buy upgrades and stuff.
Oh wow, thanks!

Talk about hidden.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Timo
Regular

Post by Timo » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:26 pm

How many stars do you need for all the extra stuff? Do you have to earn all stars in the missions?

Like Mike said, some of the descriptions are pretty confusing (the German translation doesn't help, because it's HORRIBLE, REALLY F****** HORRIBLE).