"DragonBall Z: Attack of the Saiyans" Help Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DNA
I Live Here

Re: "DragonBall Z: Attack of the Saiyans" Help Thread

Post by DNA » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:59 pm

Eternal Super Saiyan wrote:Not sure if this was ever mentioned, but I heard online there was a SECOND secret boss? After fighting with Broly (as tough as he was) I felt like there was more to this game. Then after hearing about a secret area you unlock by collecting 1000 carrots... i thought maybe there would be another boss.
There isn't. You get the sewer key from the carrot fanatic, the sewers just have a bunch of items, nothing extra. If there was, someone would have found it by now.

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:02 pm

DNA wrote:
Eternal Super Saiyan wrote:Not sure if this was ever mentioned, but I heard online there was a SECOND secret boss? After fighting with Broly (as tough as he was) I felt like there was more to this game. Then after hearing about a secret area you unlock by collecting 1000 carrots... i thought maybe there would be another boss.
There isn't. You get the sewer key from the carrot fanatic, the sewers just have a bunch of items, nothing extra. If there was, someone would have found it by now.
Aw shucks...

They better do a sequel...... this is such a fun game
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku

JeffJarrett
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by JeffJarrett » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:00 pm

If I remeber correctly, there is a red Pirate Robot that acts as the "boss" of the sewer. But if you near the end of the game, he won't be that strong compared to your characters.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Re:

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:35 am

Teclo wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:00 pm Out of interest, is there any solid info out there on how exactly each stat affects different things? Like, how does your Power and their Defence get calculated to figure out damage (and what the Defence values of the various enemies are)? I'm especially interested in how Luck is used in the various calculations for criticals and extra chain hits (and anything else it may influence). I mean, if you put every point into Luck by the end of the game would you be getting massive chains with all hits being criticals? I've seen some amazingly in-depth breakdowns of the maths behind RPGs in the past so hopefully there's something out there for this game (even though I know it's not meant to be that hard - I just like knowing what exactly I get for each stat point).
I know this game's kind of old news, but I recently did a speedrun of it. 4 hours, 37 minutes, and 33 seconds, I believe.

Even so, I still have some unanswered questions.
I know Tech is better than Power for raw damage, as well as accuracy...

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/95 ... s/75536042

But I still have two big questions besides that:

1) How much higher does your Speed stat need to be in order to always go before your enemy?

2) When Herms lists "Effectiveness" for the different stat boosts (LVL 1 Attack Up, and all that)...

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ds/955520 ... faqs/56521

...Are those flat bonuses, or are they multipliers? That's significant for deciding how much to put into Krillin's Speed stat. I mostly tried to pump Tech as much as possible, but, Krillin needs at least some points in Speed so he always goes before Nappa & Vegeta. That way, he and his Y-Yajirobe attack will all but ensure my survival.

But, as things are now, I think I went overboard...
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".