"DragonBall Z: Attack of the Saiyans" Help Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

verto
Beyond Newbie

Re: "DragonBall Z: Attack of the Saiyans" Help Thread

Post by verto » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:30 pm

If Action Replay has to be used, I wouldn't call it unlockable. I'm not saying Vegeta can even be used with AR, I don't have one and have no way of checking short of looking up the codes on google (which I'm too lazy to do and will just leave that up to you if you care enough). IF its possible, I would say that MAYBE it was supposed to be an added bonus for after the game and that it was never fully implemented besides through AR hackers/coders that finished it or brought it back if it was in the coding but removed for some reason.

Then again I may be wrong and hes fully unlockable in the game, I haven't finished it yet so I don't know.

In short, Action Replay isn't the same as unlocking, its a hacked feature.
Proud to be a S<3NE.

TigerPrincess

Post by TigerPrincess » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:57 am

Thank-you for your insight! I will have to maybe borrow his game and see what happens.
AKA PurpleWendigo, or just Digo(:

Silver Sinspawn
Advanced Regular

Post by Silver Sinspawn » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:55 am

Vegeta is in no way unlockable. In fact, the game ends after Vegeta is beaten, no option to save, no anything.
Oh, you think the Grand Tour is your ally, you merely stepped into the Grand Tour. I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn’t see the Super until I was already a man; by then, it was nothing to me but blinding!

jack bauer

Post by jack bauer » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:02 am

How many times can we fight Broly??
I defeated him once but regarding how much exp we can get from him I would like to fight him again and again and again!!
Hope this is possible as Shenron offers me to choose 1 of only 3 wishes to be granted : lot of AP, Lot of exp and make me rich.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:16 pm

You can only fight him once. The only way to level up quickly after the fact is to fight the monsters on Dragon Rock where you fought Broly.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:03 am

Is it possible to recollect the dragon balls to get all the wishes from Shenlong?

Edit: And what are the best stats to focus my bonus stats on for each character?
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

JeffJarrett
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by JeffJarrett » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:48 am

Saiga wrote:Is it possible to recollect the dragon balls to get all the wishes from Shenlong?
Yes (http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/DBs#Vi ... ppearances), but you can fight Broly only once so don't save if you defeat him.

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:22 am

Yup you can get the dragon balls as much as you'd like. It gets a bit tedious after the 4th time though lol.

I wish they had more secret bosses in this game! After beating Broly, there's not much to do.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:12 am

Does anyone know if you can stack two rice cookers? I've got the normal one and the better one, I'm wondering if when I put both on capsules if they will both affect the Mafuba, since there's no real way to check if that is true or not, as far as I know.

Edit: Never mind, it seems they do stack, when I started a battle two pop-ups came up saying the power was up.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:17 am

Okay so, finally am tying all the loose ends on this game. Got all the monsters, got all the capsules, missing two equipable items and a bunch of drops. Just need to beat Broli now.

To all you Dragon Ball hunters, catch all the monsters first, you get a capsule that enables you to walk much faster than normal, making the Dragon Ball hunt a breeze. To catch all the monsters quickly, select all the rice cookers and the foe charm to attract the rare ones.

Now there is one last thing that I haven't got and have no clue where it is. I'm missing the second scroll for Meteor Impact. Can anyone tell me where can I get this?

JeffJarrett
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by JeffJarrett » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:03 pm

DNA wrote:Now there is one last thing that I haven't got and have no clue where it is. I'm missing the second scroll for Meteor Impact. Can anyone tell me where can I get this?
The scrolls are the most difficult things to find. I've collected everything and unlocked every combined techniques, but don't have all the scrolls: I'm missing the last Demon Fusion Wave and the last Demon-Wolf-Crane scrolls. I found all three Meteor Impact scrolls, but I can't remember where.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:38 pm

I got these from a Walkthrough, I hope they help you:

Demon-Wolf-Crane
In Kami's Palace, head downstairs and examine the door.
In Muscle Tower, go all the way to the top floor and examine the table.

Demon Fusion Wave
In Yunzabit, examine Kami's spaceship.

Edit:

Also found these for me:

Meteor Impact
In King Enma's Mansion, examine the left door.
Talk to Enma.

As luck would have it, I already got those two. I sure hope you're more successful than me.

Edit 2:

Found it! Top floor of Pilaf's Castle, Pinball Machines.

Now all I've got to do is get two more drops, get the three carrot types (for completeness sake) and defeat Broli.

JeffJarrett
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by JeffJarrett » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:06 pm

I can't find them there. But thanks anyway. The scrolls must be located at 41 fixed places but are given randomly.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:54 am

Well... That's very unfortunate :( I'm sorry I couldn't help. Can't find anything on the two main walkthroughs (one is Herms's). Did you check the front of the ship? That's what triggers the text. And the door in Kami's Palace is all the way down, it's supposedly the door to the Room of Spirit and Time. I really don't think they're random.

funrush

Post by funrush » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:50 pm

I'm just playing through this game for the first time (Well, I've played it before, but I dropped it after killing Raditz the second time.), and I was wondering, after Piccolo, Tenshinhan, and Yamcha die against Nappa and the Saibamen, how can you bring them back to life? I've seen people use them while fighting Broly.

JeffJarrett
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by JeffJarrett » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:49 am

funrush wrote:I'm just playing through this game for the first time (Well, I've played it before, but I dropped it after killing Raditz the second time.), and I was wondering, after Piccolo, Tenshinhan, and Yamcha die against Nappa and the Saibamen, how can you bring them back to life? I've seen people use them while fighting Broly.
Go to Baba's palace

Jackal puFF

Post by Jackal puFF » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:10 pm

Is there anything to do after beating Broly? Er how I wish there was a sequel or something!

Gokuden
Regular

Post by Gokuden » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:52 pm

I killed Broly, and saved over that file. Ugh, I had Goku at level 62, Tien at level 61, and Yamucha 'The Boss' Tea at level 72.
It was a good battle for phoenix tails, I didn't bother replenishing their health, and I made Tien wear the focus bracelet, so Broly would focus on killing him ahahaa.

Yeah, this game deserves a sequel, one of the best RPGs I've ever played.

I went over to fight Vegeta a second time having leveled-up, Kuririn lvl 52, and Gohan lvl 51 wiped the floor with him.

I heard there's a secret boss in Otherworld who is just as strong as Broly, I have yet to find him though.

What you'll want to do is give Goku a Shenron scale off the bat, make him go Kaio-ken so he can dodge most of Broly's attacks, and harden himself for when they land. Then when you run out of Shenron scales, make strongest character (for me it was Yamucha) defend, make Goku defend so when Broly smashes him he doesn't die easily and builds up his rage, and make Tenshinhan use the anger jewel on Goku to up his rage. Chances are, Broly will either attack Goku or Yamucha and not Tenshinhan, even though you armed him with the enemy persecution charm, just to piss you off.

Always defend at some intervals, make sure your strongest always has full health, because only he can withstand the bludgeoning from Broly, Goku just goes 'apeshit' when he uses the Kaio-ken, but he isn't immune to death, so make sure he has 3/4 health in Kaio-ken mode.

Expect death.
That time your teacher asked you to draw Cell in biology class.
This man is my hero:
To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less about the fans a re-issue might alienate because if all they're concerned about is being able to scalp the people who were either unaware of the Dragon Boxes or couldn't afford them at the time, they're just leeches and deserve to have their greed backfire on them.

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:37 pm

Jackal puFF wrote:Is there anything to do after beating Broly? Er how I wish there was a sequel or something!
One thing that pisses me off is that they give you a super powerful item AFTER defeating the secret boss. Then there's nothing else to do, and aimlessly walking around with his Necklace (+50 everything) and nothing to flex your muscles with. LOL (facepalm)
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:39 pm

Not sure if this was ever mentioned, but I heard online there was a SECOND secret boss? After fighting with Broly (as tough as he was) I felt like there was more to this game. Then after hearing about a secret area you unlock by collecting 1000 carrots... i thought maybe there would be another boss.
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku