Would Anyone Be Interested...

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Izlude
Regular

Would Anyone Be Interested...

Post by Izlude » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:41 pm

In having some Super Butoden 2 or Hyper Dimension matches on Kaillera? Me and one my buddies used to play Hyper Dimension all the time on ZSNES, and it was great.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:05 pm

What's Kaillera?
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:35 pm

Big Momma wrote:What's Kaillera?
Kaillera is middleware designed to aid networked multiplayer play for emulators. The word "Kaillera" is the verlan of the French word racaille which is used in reference to "bad people".

from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaillera

SSJ Helldog
Regular

Post by SSJ Helldog » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:16 pm

I've only ever played N64 Smash Bros on Kaillera, but this sounds like fun. Why not just use ZSNES though?

And how good are you? I just popped SB2 in the other night and I suck. Any tips for a beginner?
Officer Hippoface sez: "I don't take kindly to vigilantes in my town."

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:23 pm

SSJ Helldog wrote:I've only ever played N64 Smash Bros on Kaillera, but this sounds like fun. Why not just use ZSNES though?

And how good are you? I just popped SB2 in the other night and I suck. Any tips for a beginner?
It's harder on keyboard then on console, but for me it's easy to master teachniques in fighting games, since they are simply circles and arrow combinations + kick, punck and ki attack..... I'm a fighting lover.

Gohan for example: Kamehameha: down, down/left, left, right + ki attack
Masenko: right, right/down, down, down/left, left + ki attack

Try to do that, I remember learning special attack on keyboard whole night 10 years ago :D
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:01 pm

SSJ Helldog wrote:I've only ever played N64 Smash Bros on Kaillera, but this sounds like fun. Why not just use ZSNES though?

SB2 is the most content-thorough of the SB series, but SB3 seems to play more smoothly; I'd not be surprised if it's a better beginner game.
Also, for SB2 and SB3 if you pause the game and pres select, you get a nifty Japanese-filled menu... the only things I know that are in it are the ability to set Supermoves to one button (I think it's one of the first two or three options; just get at a distance with enough power and press A), and there's a movelist down there somewhere (For all characters, with one of the playable ones' name being the default?).

Yeah... I'd say practice in VS mode a bit. :)

*Wants a storymode / Mark cameo for SB3* :(
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Re: Would Anyone Be Interested...

Post by Kunzait_83 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:40 pm

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Tue May 03, 2011 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:15 pm

You could just be a horrible cheater like me and hook up a controller to the computer.

Too bad that doesn't help me memorize any combos, though.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:58 pm

b