Taking a suspicious amount of time for Burst Limit 2, huh?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZ MAN
Regular

Re: Taking a suspicious amount of time for Burst Limit 2, huh?

Post by DBZ MAN » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:09 am

Raging blast has the best looking character models of all Dragonball video games. I thought Burst Limits looked a bit weird. I love the 'Tenkaichi/Sparking!' style way of playing. If only when you crashed through boulders and buildings, they didn't dissapear before they even touched the ground. :x
http://dbz-man.deviantart.com/

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:01 pm

Yeah Rb's models are spot on, BL's graphics are great too but they dont resemble the anime as well as Raging Blast does.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Vegeta Jr
Regular

Post by Vegeta Jr » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:42 pm

Raging Blast along with the rest of the Tenkaichi series has cardboard, stiff models with square/edged outlines (not the good Manga looking kind either). The only thing note worthy in Raging Blast is the facial animations, they are beautiful. Burst Limit easily trounces Raging Blast in the graphics department, anyone with two eyes can see it.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:53 pm

Vegeta Jr wrote:Raging Blast along with the rest of the Tenkaichi series has cardboard, stiff models with square/edged outlines (not the good Manga looking kind either). The only thing note worthy in Raging Blast is the facial animations, they are beautiful. Burst Limit easily trounces Raging Blast in the graphics department, anyone with two eyes can see it.
I actually thought Raging Blast's models were a bit more rounded and smooth than Tenkaichi's models. Burst Limit's graphics were fine, although they were a bit too shiny and glossy.
Last edited by Piccolo Daimao on Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:40 pm

Vegeta Jr wrote:Raging Blast along with the rest of the Tenkaichi series has cardboard, stiff models with square/edged outlines (not the good Manga looking kind either). The only thing note worthy in Raging Blast is the facial animations, they are beautiful. Burst Limit easily trounces Raging Blast in the graphics department, anyone with two eyes can see it.
I agree with this except the facial animations in Raging Blast. I thought they were no better than any of the PS2-era games, but I 100% agree on Burst Limit (being better than) Raging Blast in graphics (and gameplay IMO).

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Mon May 10, 2010 3:47 pm

I see three possibilities:

1) Dimps decided a sequel wouldn't be worth it, due to recent sales of Dragon Ball games
2) They're taking this time to work on Burst Limit 2, this time around not worrying about yearly releases, letting Spike take over for a while, and when the Raging Blast thunder has died down, announce the newest Burst Limit game, with a totally improved gameplay engine, tons of new (unique) characters, and most important: No more drama pieces!
3) They're working on Shin Budokai 3 or some as-of-yet unknown DBZ project

Sadly, #1 seems to be the most likely.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

Vegeta Jr
Regular

Post by Vegeta Jr » Mon May 10, 2010 4:42 pm

I would absolutely love a Shin Budokai 3.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Mon May 10, 2010 4:46 pm

I didn't mind the idea of Drama Pieces....I just want some way to control when I use them.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Vegeta Jr
Regular

Post by Vegeta Jr » Mon May 10, 2010 4:56 pm

Drama pieces should have been shorter and not effect the flow of the battle. Like an Item capsule but a character jumps onto the screen and does his/her thing and leaves.

For example, Nappa has just fired a mouth blast at you, you use your Piccolo piece and he jumps in front of you and takes the blast during gameplay.

Thanos

Post by Thanos » Mon May 10, 2010 5:52 pm

Vegeta Jr wrote:Drama pieces should have been shorter and not effect the flow of the battle. Like an Item capsule but a character jumps onto the screen and does his/her thing and leaves.

For example, Nappa has just fired a mouth blast at you, you use your Piccolo piece and he jumps in front of you and takes the blast during gameplay.
Yes. Like Marvel vs. Capcom 2.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Tue May 11, 2010 5:23 am

Vegeta Jr wrote:Drama pieces should have been shorter and not effect the flow of the battle.
This. Drama Pieces really affect the flow of gameplay and can be really unfair at times too. If the ever get around to making Burst Limit 2, I hope they take them out like Infinite World took out Dragon Rush (which I have a similar problem with).

Vegeta Jr
Regular

Post by Vegeta Jr » Tue May 11, 2010 4:54 pm

Thanos wrote:
Vegeta Jr wrote:Drama pieces should have been shorter and not effect the flow of the battle. Like an Item capsule but a character jumps onto the screen and does his/her thing and leaves.

Yes. Like Marvel vs. Capcom 2.
Damn of course, exactly like Marvel vs Capcom 2. Imagine the three way supers, the Son family Kamehameha would be epic.

Daimo-Rukiri

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Mon May 17, 2010 12:12 am

An announcement for Burst Limit 2 would make my day. BL stomps on RB for fun. ^^

I would actually like to see an action DBZ game for once; the same ol' fighting game is just getting too god damn boring.

I mean, didn't it take 2 years to develop Burst Limit anyway? So I can see Burst Limit popping up late '10 or early '11.
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Tue May 18, 2010 7:58 am

Vegeta Jr wrote:I would absolutely love a Shin Budokai 3.
As long as they made it more like the first one, sure, I'd really like one. SB2 had an abysmal story mode and broken game mechanics.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Vegeta Jr
Regular

Post by Vegeta Jr » Tue May 18, 2010 12:07 pm

Storymode yes, but care to enlighten me on these broken gameplay mechanics?

Ultimate_DB_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ultimate_DB_Fan » Tue May 18, 2010 5:24 pm

I'm gonna have to respectfully disagee with you about that. For me, the graphics in RB are indeed similar to the Sparking titles, sure, but they're definitely better. The color of the character models are beautiful, as well as the ki when you're powering up. After recently purchasing the game a little while ago, I'm suprised that RB has gotten a lot of criticism in terms of its graphics. I think they're great.
Also, the fact that some of the attacks and transformations mimmick the anime's is a nice touch too.

Vashkey
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Vashkey » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:10 pm

Super Saiyan Prime wrote: Burst Limit came out days before Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. THE MOST ANTICIPATED PS3 GAME YET. It still cracked a million. Huge titles released in different genres shouldn't affect the sales of another genre's title.
I dunno. I got Modern Warfare 2 instead of Raging Blast. I did eventually buy Raging Blast but only used several months later. It might have happened differently were it not for Modern Warfare 2. There's a huge difference between MGS4 and CoDMW2. MGS4 was only on the PS3 and took about a year to hit like five or four million copies. Modern Warfare 2 was on both platforms and sold over like ten million copies in a month. Modern Warfare certainly eclipsed everything that month.

Vashkey
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Vashkey » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:18 pm

Thanos wrote:I see three possibilities:

1) Dimps decided a sequel wouldn't be worth it, due to recent sales of Dragon Ball games
2) They're taking this time to work on Burst Limit 2, this time around not worrying about yearly releases, letting Spike take over for a while, and when the Raging Blast thunder has died down, announce the newest Burst Limit game, with a totally improved gameplay engine, tons of new (unique) characters, and most important: No more drama pieces!
3) They're working on Shin Budokai 3 or some as-of-yet unknown DBZ project

Sadly, #1 seems to be the most likely.
Or they could just be busy working on other games like Sonic the Hedgehog 4. They just released Super Street Fighter IV and the year before they did Street Fighter IV. Right after they finished Burst Limit they worked on Sonic Unleashed.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:29 pm

Thanos wrote:Sadly, #1 seems to be the most likely.
Sadly? Why would you want another Burst Limit? What the Dragon Ball game franchise needs is a completely new game series.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:57 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:
Thanos wrote:Sadly, #1 seems to be the most likely.
Sadly? Why would you want another Burst Limit? What the Dragon Ball game franchise needs is a completely new game series.
Another one? Nobody's wallet could keep up with that. We have at least 3 currently-ongoing game series, with another potential 312 from games like Attack of the Saiyans, Tag VS and Revenge of King Piccolo.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.