Gohan vs. Buu - City Streets at Night?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:02 am

PsyLiam wrote:Which Cha La beginning was it? :)
The very first animation; no Vegeta & Nappa, and it ends with Goku with Nyoibo hopping down.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:42 pm

Y'know, I just thought: I have the European beginning to Budokai on my computer, in Quicktime format. Would that be at all useful?

Tenken
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tenken » Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:30 am

I would kill for a copy of Shin Butoden for my Sega Saturn...

Manga Ka Kyo!
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Manga Ka Kyo! » Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:52 pm

I loved Final Bout, and I'm happy I own it. It's probobly the most under rated anime game in history. The music and style were awsome, it had good graphics, as well a spectacular opening movie. The game play was a little sticky, but once you got a feel for the game it was ok. It's one of my favorite games! I wish they would make the new DB games with a smooth street fighter type button system. Ban Dai had the right idea, just not the smooth button combos.
CHA-LA HEAD CHA-LA!!!!!!
http://animekick.50megs.com/

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:23 pm

You, my friend, are the only living person who thinks Final Bout was a good video game ^^;;.

Yes, the opening movie was cool, and yes, the music was great... but the game is terrible. Characters would miraculously hit each other, despite facing totally opposite directions. The camera would randomly place itself so you can't see any of the action. There are six versions of Goku, all who (essentially) have the same attacks. You could get "stuck" on the edges of stages. The buttons were incredibly unresponsive (actually worse than Mortal Kombat 1 on the SNES).

Final Bout easily ranks up there with Superman 64 and Aquaman.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Manga Ka Kyo!
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Manga Ka Kyo! » Sat Jan 24, 2004 5:07 pm

oh, come on dont be so picky :P its fun once you get the hang of it. but, i could have gone fore a few more characters and a couple fewers Gokus. And those Glitches don't happen often enough to make it unenjoyable, well at least for me!

IF I'M THE ONLY PERSON WHO LIKES FINAL BOUT THEN THATS A TITLE I'M PROUD TO BEAR!!!! :P :P :P
CHA-LA HEAD CHA-LA!!!!!!
http://animekick.50megs.com/

SonGohan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonGohan-san » Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:06 am

If you play Legends, you'll know how bad GT really is. I'd love for the them to remake a Dragon Ball game using the same engine they used for Legends and then just expand on it. The only aspect that really hindered the game was the inability to perform large ki attacks manually. Interestingly, the opening sequence to GT was better than just about anything on the actual show...seriously. And, I think someone asked earlier about the tune of Cha-La being played on the closing credits. I don't think it was answered. On the American version of the first Budokai they do in fact play it on the closing.

Jordy

Post by Jordy » Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:28 pm

PsyLiam wrote: Is that the animation they use to "Rock The Dragon", or do they show what the European one shows, which is shots of Goku, Gohan and Piccolo, followed by randon clips from the cut-scenes?
Are you sure you aren't referring to the European GameCube version? That game features clips of various characters like you say.

About Final Bout:
It's 'just'a 3D version of the Butoden games. That's not so bad, but the game is slow as Hell, opposed to the very fast SFC games.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:23 pm

Now, I am a lovely person who doesn't like being condescending or sarcastic. Honestly. But...
Jordy wrote: Are you sure you aren't referring to the European GameCube version? That game features clips of various characters like you say.
I did provide a cunningly hidden clue. Thusly:
PsyLiam wrote: ...or do they show what the European one shows, which is shots of Goku, Gohan and Piccolo, followed by randon clips from the cut-scenes?
So, yes, when I say "European one", I am indeed referring, in a roundabout sort of way, to the European version.

I MAKE DISSES!!!

Jordy

Post by Jordy » Tue Feb 24, 2004 6:12 am

Maybe I should have made the word GameCube BOLD, but I thought the Euro PS2 version of B1 had the Cha-La animation as intro.

BTW the Cube version does have a screencap of the Cha-la animation sequence hidden somewhere in the options menu.

I'm dumb, but I can read.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:01 pm

Then I apologise for making the disses. But does the European version of Budokai 1 really have Cha la as it's intro? I remember seeing an advert for the game on the net just before the PS2 version came out over here, and it was the same intro as the Gamecube one (with the slightly less-nice graphics).

And where is this hidden frame of which you speak? Eh?

Jordy

Post by Jordy » Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:30 am

I don't know for sure if the PS2 Euro version had the Cha-La animation as intro, but I remember seeing it in a local games sotre. I presume they had the Euro version, but I could be mistaken.

About the hidden frame, it's not exactly hidden, but it's on one of the option menu screens. I'll look it up later today.(Don't have my GameCube plugged in right now)
NOTE: I have the Euro version, so I don't know if it's in other versions since the Euro version also got Japanese voices and the name 'Satan'.

EDIT:
Check the 'adjust brightness' screen in the options menu.