"Raging Blast 2" Gigantic On-Going Gaming Discussion

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5407
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:49 pm

Re: "Raging Blast 2" Pre-Release Discussion

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:56 pm

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:
It's so that Spike can build up a demand then when Raging Blast 4 comes out they can go, "we added Ultimate Gohan, he's one of our most anticipated characters since the first Raging Blast!!!"

Give me a break Spike.
Give you a break from something that hasn't happened already? What? How do you know that he won't be in Raging Blast 2?

User avatar
SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here
Posts: 2473
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: Young People Town, Fl
Contact:

Re: "Raging Blast 2" Pre-Release Discussion

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:19 pm

Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:
SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:
It's so that Spike can build up a demand then when Raging Blast 4 comes out they can go, "we added Ultimate Gohan, he's one of our most anticipated characters since the first Raging Blast!!!"

Give me a break Spike.
Give you a break from something that hasn't happened already? What? How do you know that he won't be in Raging Blast 2?
We have less than three months left and no announcement has been made.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

User avatar
Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here
Posts: 2755
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: "Raging Blast 2" Pre-Release Discussion

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:20 pm

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:
Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:
SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:
It's so that Spike can build up a demand then when Raging Blast 4 comes out they can go, "we added Ultimate Gohan, he's one of our most anticipated characters since the first Raging Blast!!!"

Give me a break Spike.
Give you a break from something that hasn't happened already? What? How do you know that he won't be in Raging Blast 2?
We have less than three months left and no announcement has been made.
Hey! sometimes Bandai can surprise you! :D

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5407
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:49 pm

Re: "Raging Blast 2" Pre-Release Discussion

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:22 pm

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote: We have less than three months left and no announcement has been made.
So? Do they have to announce every character before the game's release? Besides, three months is a long time.

User avatar
LeprikanGT
I Live Here
Posts: 3398
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:58 pm
Location: Namek
Contact:

Re: "Raging Blast 2" Pre-Release Discussion

Post by LeprikanGT » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:08 am

It IS a bit of time before release, but I also hate the huge gaps of time with no info coming out. The cover of the game pretty much comfirmed 5 characters in the game and maybe this fueature coming up Wednesday will shine more light on PTETSS.

User avatar
Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here
Posts: 3393
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:21 am
Location: QLD, Australia
Contact:

Re: "Raging Blast 2" Pre-Release Discussion

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:01 am

I just don't see the logic in having Future Gohan, but no Ultimate Gohan.

I mean, I know that Future Gohan is a lot more popular, but still....
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

User avatar
Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 800
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 5:18 pm
Location: Helena, Alabama

Re: "Raging Blast 2" Pre-Release Discussion

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:09 am

You know what we need? A game with animations and effects by Dimps with character models/textures and environments by Spike.

User avatar
Rocketman
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10798
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:17 pm

Re: "Raging Blast 2" Pre-Release Discussion

Post by Rocketman » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:45 am

What we need is Tenkaichi 3 with more characters.

User avatar
Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here
Posts: 3393
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:21 am
Location: QLD, Australia
Contact:

Re: "Raging Blast 2" Pre-Release Discussion

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:16 am

Rocketman wrote:What we need is Tenkaichi 3 with more characters.
With Number 2's story.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5407
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:49 pm

Re: "Raging Blast 2" Pre-Release Discussion

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:23 am

Kingdom Heartless wrote:
Rocketman wrote:What we need is Tenkaichi 3 with more characters.
With Number 2's story.
And music. God, that would be the best game ever........

User avatar
Blue
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1314
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: "Raging Blast 2" Pre-Release Discussion

Post by Blue » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:51 am

Ultimate Gohan could be in there by way of customized ultimate and alternative costume. I dunno, just a theory.
Herms wrote: The DB wikai lists “Rolie Buu” as one of this form’s alternate name, though I have no clue who calls him that.

User avatar
TheDevilsCorpse
Moderator
Posts: 11377
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am
Contact:

Re: "Raging Blast 2" Pre-Release Discussion

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:40 am

Blue wrote:Ultimate Gohan could be in there by way of customized ultimate and alternative costume. I dunno, just a theory.
Causing every Gohan fanboy to squeal with joy at the idea of a Super Saiyan 2 Ultimate Gohan...

The Tenkaichi/Sparking series had him with different animations for combat, which I doubt Spike would do for an alternate costume. He's probably in, just not announced yet. We still have 5-6 unknown returning fighters, so still plenty of space for him to be included, his is just a single form character after all. This doesn't even cover the possibility that the characters marked with an "*" on the list below are only assumed to be in based on their inclusion in Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans or other forms of their character being included on the games cover. If they don't include all the forms of a character like in the first Tenkaichi/Sparking game, then the roster has much more space...though I hope they don't do that. Personally they should fill in holes the best they can with those remaining spaces; Ultimate Gohan, Evil Buu, Meta Freeza would all be nice and finish out their characters.

1. Janenba (Transformed)
2. Tullece
3. Dabra
4. Future Gohan
5. Future Gohan (Super Saiyan)
6. Paikuhan
7. Nail
8. Lord Slug*
9. Jinzoningen 13*
10. Jinzoningen 13 (Merged)
11. Bojack*
12. Bojack (Transformed)
13. Cooler*
14. Cooler (Transformed)
15. Cooler (Meta)*
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

User avatar
Rory
I Live Here
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:15 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: "Raging Blast 2" Pre-Release Discussion

Post by Rory » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:08 am

Zephyr wrote:You know what RB2 really needs? Base Gogeta.
Yeah, we need a re-coloured Gogeta, only less powerful. :?

User avatar
TheDevilsCorpse
Moderator
Posts: 11377
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am
Contact:

Re: "Raging Blast 2" Pre-Release Discussion

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:44 am

I gotta agree with him, I've always thought it was ridiculous that we were only able to transform into Gogeta as a Super Saiyan when we know base is obviously achievable as well. I don't mind the games keeping SS2 and SS3 out of their transformation pools, but Gotenks shows its possible to transform freely between levels during fusion, so why can't Gogeta revert?

I don't need it if we can actually get new characters like 14, 15, kid Uub, etc. in the game, but if they decided not to make something that obviously should have been done from the beginning not count as a new character addition, then I wouldn't complain. Even a alternate costume would be fine I guess, though I'd preform a form.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

User avatar
LeprikanGT
I Live Here
Posts: 3398
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:58 pm
Location: Namek
Contact:

Re: "Raging Blast 2" Pre-Release Discussion

Post by LeprikanGT » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:54 am

Why would you want to play as a weaker version of a character? [That goes for base Gegeta AND SS2 Ultimate Gohan]

User avatar
VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 16591
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:10 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: "Raging Blast 2" Pre-Release Discussion

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:00 am

LeprikanGT wrote:Why would you want to play as a weaker version of a character? [That goes for base Gegeta AND SS2 Ultimate Gohan]
These types of games inherently are (they have to be) unrealistic and unbalanced with regard to power comparisons in-universe -- you have to SOMEWHAT compensate for someone who wants to fight as a Saibaiman versus Yi Xing Long and at least make it halfway-possible for them to win.

With that in mind, it all comes down to who you like aesthetically. When I fight as Goku, I don't always pick SSJ3 or SSJ4 Goku. Sometimes I'll go with regular form because I want to use Kaio-Ken 'cuz yo man it's badass looking! When I pick Gohan, I'll almost always pick SSJ2... not because it's "the strongest", but because GOD DAMN MAN HE'S AWESOME. I like using first-form Freeza just as much as final-form Freeza.

I can very easily see why someone would want to play as Gogeta in a non-SSJ form. The thought of him without golden hair in that fusion outfit seems really cool, "power" be damned.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

User avatar
The Tori-bot
I Live Here
Posts: 3214
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:00 pm
Location: Penguin Village
Contact:

Re: "Raging Blast 2" Pre-Release Discussion

Post by The Tori-bot » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:41 am

Spike just seems afraid of not sticking exactly to how things went in the anime/movies, hence no forms we never actually saw like base Gogeta or SSJ2 Gotenks. Most Naruto games go out of their way to play with the story a little, add exclusive characters and even have all-new storylines for their "main" mode, in addition to the regular story mode so you're not just playing the same thing game after game. We have a little of that with the what-ifs in Sparking! and Raging Blast, but they just seem shoehorned in for the sake of having them there, and even then they only use pre-existing characters.

So basically, if you're really popular with the fans, you'll get an SSJ3 form and that's about it.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Jaetinh
Regular
Posts: 512
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:59 am

Re: "Raging Blast 2" Pre-Release Discussion

Post by Jaetinh » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:07 am

Personally I'm a big fan of outfits, colours and different kind of hairs in games, so it would be great if they had some time to work on those things AFTER everything's done (gameplay etc)

- Yamcha with Buu Saga hair.
- Krillin with hair and the yellow pants/red shirt.
- Chaozu with that black sleeveless shirt he wears in the poster of DB Yo Goku and his friends return.
- Tenshinhan with the white sleeveless shirt we've seen him wear a lot.

and so on.

User avatar
Rocketman
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10798
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:17 pm

Re: "Raging Blast 2" Pre-Release Discussion

Post by Rocketman » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:45 am

BADMAN VEGETA.

WHY THE FUCK HAS THIS NOT BEEN IN A GAME YET.

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND.

ARGH.




Badman SS3 Vegeta = yes.

pjay
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:12 am

Re: "Raging Blast 2" Pre-Release Discussion

Post by pjay » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:55 am

VegettoEX wrote:
LeprikanGT wrote:Why would you want to play as a weaker version of a character? [That goes for base Gegeta AND SS2 Ultimate Gohan]
These types of games inherently are (they have to be) unrealistic and unbalanced with regard to power comparisons in-universe -- you have to SOMEWHAT compensate for someone who wants to fight as a Saibaiman versus Yi Xing Long and at least make it halfway-possible for them to win.

With that in mind, it all comes down to who you like aesthetically. When I fight as Goku, I don't always pick SSJ3 or SSJ4 Goku. Sometimes I'll go with regular form because I want to use Kaio-Ken 'cuz yo man it's badass looking! When I pick Gohan, I'll almost always pick SSJ2... not because it's "the strongest", but because GOD DAMN MAN HE'S AWESOME. I like using first-form Freeza just as much as final-form Freeza.

I can very easily see why someone would want to play as Gogeta in a non-SSJ form. The thought of him without golden hair in that fusion outfit seems really cool, "power" be damned.
I agree with you about Son Goku in Kaio-Ken form, even though I think Son Goku in SSJ3 form is bad-ass and will always be my personal favorite, I love the sound that the Kaio-Ken makes in action.
Last edited by pjay on Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply