"Raging Blast 2" Gigantic On-Going Gaming Discussion

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vegeta's Wire
Not-So-Newbie

Re: "Raging Blast 2" Pre-Release Discussion

Post by Vegeta's Wire » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:51 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Yes, the first Raging Blast received a "Collector's Edition" in Europe -- here's the 360 version on Amazon UK. It came with an art book and soundtrack.
Exactly as the one I have. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the "Collector's Edition for Raging Blast wasn't also released in Australia?

As for the subbed Plan to Eradicate Super Saiyans, I'm used to read subtitles since I learned how to read and beside's Goku's Seiyū (relatives and Tullece included), I actually like the japanese dub and I find myself to constantly change from English to Japanese in the Dragon Ball videogames.
How many Scouters has Vegeta broken already?

Jaetinh
Regular

Post by Jaetinh » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:53 pm

dan2026 wrote:People don't seem to appreciate that nobody is obliged to produce a dub of the OVA.
Its a nice bonus, yes. But people are acting as if they are being robbed by not getting one.

The OVA is being produced in Japan in Japanese. This is how it was intended to be.
If someone else then takes it and redoes the audio in a different language, that is fair enough, but it has nothing to do with the original production of the OVA.
Oh no you didn't! :shock:

But hell yeah, you're right.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:57 pm

I think it's more of a shocked reaction by an unprecedented move. When has FUNimation ever released something sub-only? One game, I think.

As much as I would love a dub with my favorite English cast. I'm kind of glad somethings getting a sub only release in some capacity. It might help to introduce people to the original version. If they don't get upset, they might find they can enjoy it.

I do hope for a DVD/Blu-Ray release eventually though. 8)

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:05 pm

That would be the shortest release ever wouldn't it?

What kinds of rights would Funimation need to Dub and release the newly drawn special AS WELL as the complete '93 OVA as is? I would love owning the original footage [even if not dubbed] as well as the new one.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:05 pm

[quote="LeprikanGT"]I REALLY wouldn't ever pay money for something that was slackerly only subbed in an English release, but I want this game.quote]

I'm pretty sure an animated special that you'll have to go to the options menu to get to has nothing to with the actual game, unless I missed something.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Vegeta's Wire
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Vegeta's Wire » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:09 pm

B wrote:I'm pretty sure an animated special that you'll have to go to the options menu to get to has nothing to with the actual game, unless I missed something.
Well, besides that apparently it'll unlock Hachihyaku, I don't think so.
Last edited by Vegeta's Wire on Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How many Scouters has Vegeta broken already?

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJSteve » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:12 pm

Makaioshin wrote:
SSJSteve wrote:
LeprikanGT wrote:Someone posted a link of a foreign [the the US] country that had a listing for a collecter's edition of some sort.
I posted this a few pages back, not sure if anyone checked it out though. :)
Ah, thanks!
Doesn't seem like North America will be getting it this time either. Oh well.
I think the same can be said for the UK. We were supposed to get it for the first game, I had it pre-ordered with Amazon. Then about one week before it got released, they cancelled it. :(

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:14 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:I think it's more of a shocked reaction by an unprecedented move. When has FUNimation ever released something sub-only? One game, I think.

As much as I would love a dub with my favorite English cast. I'm kind of glad somethings getting a sub only release in some capacity. It might help to introduce people to the original version. If they don't get upset, they might find they can enjoy it.

I do hope for a DVD/Blu-Ray release eventually though. 8)
Y'see, I got the impression this was something that was out of FUNimation's hands (i.e. in Namco-Bandai/Toei Animation's hands). If such is true I don't think I see much reason for the shock-and-awe we're seeing.

Although maybe FUNimation just wants to jack-up sales for the eventual re-release with a dub on home video? :p

EDIT: Although I agree it's always nice people will have to defer to the original.
Last edited by JulieYBM on Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:19 pm

I am sure even if they did dub it for the game, people would still buy it. There are probably many DBZ fans without 360s and PS3s or perhaps they wouldn't want in 'in-game' only (an "in-game only" what?). I would buy both versions.

Maybe all those tweets were hinting at that they just haven't dubbed the special YET, but (I have) no idea. I wasn't following it super closely.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:23 pm

JulieYBM wrote:EDIT: Although I agree it's always nice people will have to defer to the original.
No! It's not nice to see people will have no option. It's not what I would prefer. But as it is, more people will be exposed to the original version. Which is kind of a silver lining. It probably won't bring in any new fans, but it will help validate the original a little further in the collective consciousness of dub-only fans. Understand?

I think that if they really really wanted to, they could dub it. Delay the game. Get those rights. It's not rocket science. It's just royalties. You don't think that all parties involved would be willing to sell some rights if it meant it would move more units? Which I am confident a dub of the special would.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:13 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:EDIT: Although I agree it's always nice people will have to defer to the original.
No! It's not nice to see people will have no option. It's not what I would prefer. But as it is, more people will be exposed to the original version. Which is kind of a silver lining. It probably won't bring in any new fans, but it will help validate the original a little further in the collective consciousness of dub-only fans. Understand?

I think that if they really really wanted to, they could dub it. Delay the game. Get those rights. It's not rocket science. It's just royalties. You don't think that all parties involved would be willing to sell some rights if it meant it would move more units? Which I am confident a dub of the special would.
I'm hyped up (down?) on cheap, generic brand cold medicine, so maybe that didn't come out right. What I meant was "It will be nice that people can experience the orignal first and move from there to what is essentially something foreign to their image of said product." Considering that isn't how a grand majority of the English-speaking fandom was introduced, it'll be interesting.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Blue
Advanced Regular

Post by Blue » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:28 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:
Aw, I wouldn't want for the game to be delayed...then again I'm buying it FOR the game so that's just me.

It's nice to see some people getting some exposure to the sub, I won't be looking forward to the added inevitable sub bashing that will occur off this forum though. I got into the sub through one of the movies so maybe the results will make me more happy then I predict.
Herms wrote: The DB wikai lists “Rolie Buu” as one of this form’s alternate name, though I have no clue who calls him that.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:35 pm

What's that.. ice stage? I don't remember anything like it, I don't remember a pirate ship on ice at all...

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:48 pm

That stage was revealed the other day with the screen shots that accompanied the new trailer. It's likely the new "Glacier" stage and may have a tie in with the new special (Remember the original had a Destron Gas generator in ice, though we don't know what exactly they are cutting from the remake.), as well as being used for our battles with 13 (and maybe his partners if included this time around).
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Blue
Advanced Regular

Post by Blue » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:52 pm

The ice stage I get...the pirate ship I don't.
Herms wrote: The DB wikai lists “Rolie Buu” as one of this form’s alternate name, though I have no clue who calls him that.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:57 pm

Perhaps they will throw the Bojack fights in there too? Space...pirates...=P

mysticboy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mysticboy » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:19 pm

Or maybe the fight with 13.

mysticboy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mysticboy » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:26 pm

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:28 pm

mysticboy wrote:Or maybe the fight with 13.
13 is pretty obvious since the movie took place in the arctic/antarctic, tis why I already mentioned 13 in my previous post.

Oh, and none of those screen shots are new, they were all released the day of the trailer.
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.