"Raging Blast 2" Gigantic On-Going Gaming Discussion

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Re: "Raging Blast 2" Pre-Release Discussion

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:46 am

Here's something that just came to mind.... I wonder if they'll bring back Ring Outs in the tournaments...
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:12 am

Oh, how I wish they would. <3

The ability just to fall off the side, not just fly too low.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:04 pm

I think it would be cool if they focused more on customization. Not just beefing up your character's strength either, I mean giving your character specific weapons that could enhance their combos like giving Goku the Power Pole or giving Gohan the Z sword. Or Have exclusive clothing for characters sorta like Tekken.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

mysticboy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mysticboy » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:09 pm

I wish for a character creator mode. DB games are long overdue for one.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:32 pm

mysticboy wrote:I wish for a character creator mode. DB games are long overdue for one.
The creator of this franchise claims Japanese fans have "no interest in that sort of thing". What a load.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:37 pm

batistabus wrote:
mysticboy wrote:I wish for a character creator mode. DB games are long overdue for one.
The creator of this franchise claims Japanese fans have "no interest in that sort of thing". What a load.
No interest? Is Dragon Quest IX not doing well? One of the reasons I bought that game was because it had a Toriyama-style character creator in it (other reasons being I enjoyed Attack of the Saiyans RPG style so much I wanted to buy something similar.).

It's not like the feature would mean you wouldn't be able to play as the regular DB cast, it'd just be an extra. An extra you could use to make characters not available in the game already. (I've been wanting to have teen Goten and Bura as playable characters for a while now. They're both on my DQ9 game's team.)
Last edited by Chuquita on Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:37 pm

I would love it if every character could learn every available attack. That would allow for some fun in customization.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:42 pm

B wrote:I would love it if every character could learn every available attack. That would allow for some fun in customization.
This too, just imagine Vegeta doing the Genki Dama or Gogeta doing the KamiKaze Ghost Attack.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:49 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:
B wrote:I would love it if every character could learn every available attack. That would allow for some fun in customization.
This too, just imagine Vegeta doing the Genki Dama or Gogeta doing the KamiKaze Ghost Attack.
I like the idea, but some attacks probably wouldn't be interchangeable. Like anything that implements a specific genetic feature or require too much extra programming. For the Kamikaze, they would at least have to create a white character model for everyone's head.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:43 pm

Super DBZ sort of did that, expect they prechose what moves were changable.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:16 pm

As long as there is an option online to exclude Create-a-Characters from fights, I don't mind what every one else is doing. People got mad when Vegeta and Broly were given SS3, which I didn't mind, but why would I want to fight hordes of Fan Character SS3s?
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:52 pm

If other characters had SS3, they would cancel out the need for other characters to have it.

Such as SS3 Cell Games Gohan....there would be no need because SS2 Gohan was handlin his business just fine.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:10 am

goku the krump dancer wrote:Gogeta doing the KamiKaze Ghost Attack.
Gogeta thinks the Ghost Attack is stupid and calls Buu retarded for using it.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:19 am

Rocketman wrote:
goku the krump dancer wrote:Gogeta doing the KamiKaze Ghost Attack.
Gogeta thinks the Ghost Attack is stupid and calls Buu retarded for using it.
When in the Anime/Manga does he say that?

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:09 am

Right about the time he did it. Probably somewhere around the Super Ghost Kamikaze Kamehameha. [Although I'm sure he means Vegito]

....On that note I want to do play RB1 again to do that move, I forgot all about it.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:29 am

batistabus wrote:
I wouldn't be quick to dissmiss that. No Dragon Ball game ever has had character customization.

Tenshinhan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tenshinhan-san » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:05 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:As long as there is an option online to exclude Create-a-Characters from fights, I don't mind what every one else is doing. People got mad when Vegeta and Broly were given SS3, which I didn't mind, but why would I want to fight hordes of Fan Character SS3s?
Personally, I would love an in-depth Create-a-Character mode in a DragonBall game and I think it's long overdue - look at games like Soul Calibur, Mortal Kombat Armageddon, Tekken etc. I think the part of Japanese not wanting that is bull and just laziness on the developers behalf. We're talking about the country cosplay originated from. Besides, the potential market is far bigger than just Japan.

I agree with u though that there should be an option or online room where only the game's default characters can participate. I don't like the idea of fighting xXGokuSSJ37_OVER9000!OMGZXx kind of characters whenever I go for a quick online game. To be fair though, having separate rooms/servers for default and custom characters would be pretty much a given in this case, I think.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:12 am

Unless there was some way to "build" your character up, through online matches. Or some sort of cap/balance system with attacks and stats... I don't think custom characters should/would/could be allowed online at all.

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:55 am

Tenshinhan-san wrote:Personally, I would love an in-depth Create-a-Character mode in a DragonBall game and I think it's long overdue - look at games like... Mortal Kombat Armageddon
:? Mortal Kombat Armageddon provides us with some great reasons why a character creation mode could be absolutely terrible. If it turned out like Armageddon, big promises would be made. The end result, however, would be lousy. We'd have limited options, such as male characters having to be humans & female characters having to be aliens. The fighting styles would be limited as well. Create a character options are nice when done well, but I think that some of you are failing to realise just how disappointing and half-assed the majority of them are.

Tenshinhan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tenshinhan-san » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:04 am

Just mentioning that lots of fighting game franchises have CaC mode, didn't mean MKA has a great CaC mode per say.

I did explicitly mention that I would like an in-depth CaC mode.