"Raging Blast 2" Gigantic On-Going Gaming Discussion

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Re: "Raging Blast 2" Gigantic On-Going Gaming Discussion

Post by StarRot » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:04 am

Bardo117 wrote:Game sales reflect on the game quality.
Okay, totally not a game, but look at Twilight and how many sales that had. It's hardly a great work of literature, most would agree.
Sales don't mean a thing; many, many great works of media have gone unnoticed for a variety of reasons.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:19 am

Piccolo Daimao wrote:I don't understand why so many people want GT characters in Raging Blast 3. Is it really that important? .
Because GT is still a part of the story, and fans would like to see a complete story of Dragon Ball in a fighting game.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:26 am

I can see why people would WANT GT characters in Raging Blast 3 but I don't think that gat(?!) get it through their heads that this is not a GT game.

Just pretend this is Raging Blast Kai or something; if they are going by the manga, GT doesn't even exist.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:34 pm

If RB3 turns out to only have Z characters then that means we can expect around 30 new characters but majority of them will be henchmen. That might piss a lot of people off seeing as the some already are mad as the fact that Dore and Neiz are in RB2. As for me though I might be a little disappointed because I really want to play as the GT characters, I loves me some SSJ4.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

dragonballzgtfighter
Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballzgtfighter » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:15 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:If RB3 turns out to only have Z characters then that means we can expect around 30 new characters but majority of them will be henchmen. That might piss a lot of people off seeing as the some already are mad as the fact that Dore and Neiz are in RB2. As for me though I might be a little disappointed because I really want to play as the GT characters, I loves me some SSJ4.
Least we know is, if they make RB4, then there may not be that many Z characters to add so THEN add GT. The good thing about that is this. If you don't want to play as character X, YOU have the option to do so.
http://dragonballzgt.smfforfree3.com/index.php Join us! And take a step in making the fan's Dragonball Z game!

Our Trailer http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GpxuKNAJxOM

Characters that must appear in the ultimate DBZGT game http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=dragonballzgtfighter

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:21 pm

Well, the series is called Dragon Ball: Raging Blast. In turn, I'd prefer it to be an all-encompassing series. It'll be a while before Spike has a new generation to move on to so theoritically we could go beyond three games and continually add in new characters.

Chichi (adult)
Namu
God of Earth (likely just his older form)
Son Gohan (senior)
Chapa-ô
Mutaito
Tao Pai Pai
Cyborg Tao Pai Pai
Crane Hermit
Tambourine
Cymbal
Drum
Piccolo Daimaô (old age, youth restored)

Gashew
Zald
Tard
Vinegar

Garlic Junior (with ‘Super’ form)
Ginger
Sansho
Nikki
Kishime
Ebifurya
Misokattsun
Daiiz
Rezun
Rakasei
Amond
Cacao
Slug (old and young forms)
Angira
Kakûja
Zeiun
Dorodabo
Medamatcha
Bido
Bujin
Gokua
Tapion

Mr. Satan
Avo
Cado
Aca

Adult Son Goten
Adult Trunks
Pan
Oob (with Boo-merged form)
Redict
High Priest Mutchi Motchi (transformation into golden whip monster form)
General Rild (Hyper Mega, Mega forms)
Rivet
Nehji
Nut
Vis
Baby (Baby form, Teen form, Adult form)
Baby-Vegeta (with first form, Super Baby 1 & 2, Ôzaru form)
Hell Fighter Super #17
Yi Xing Long (Super form)
Liang Xing Long
San Xing Long
Si Xing Long (red and gold forms)
Wu Xing Long
Liu Xing Long
Qi Xing Long

There's probably even more canidates for future games than these if we digged further enough.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by InfernalVegito » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:44 pm

Indeed. A game that would at LEAST ONCE encompass ALL characters that are worth fighting with and that had their role in the series or the movies. By that I mean all important henchmen (yes Dore and Neiz were quite of a good addition and though I don't really like playing with them because they have generic attacks such as lazy implemented volleys I love their existence in the game). And that also matters for GT. The argument that it doesn't even exist if gone by the manga is absolutely and totally invalid for me. I cannot grasp why dismissing a choice to play EITHER with Z characters or GT characters would be acceptable. GT belongs to Dragonball, it has its own anime so fuck that. And don't tell me it would not be fun to play with SSJ4 and the complete Dragons since SSJ4 Gogeta and Yixinglong were hell of a lot of fun in BT3.

They just owe us a complete Dragonball game considering all the disfigurements they have done with RB1 and RB2.
BT3 off meds | The final fight

Ah, the Alpha and the Omega. As all life was created from Chaos...so shall it be DESTROYED!!!

The wails of machines | Singing cold harmony | Shifting air upward | Entranced by the breeze | Light pours like blood | Into a cosmic sea | Of stars crystallized | In a frozen symphony

Vegetto kicking you into orbit theme

dragonballzgtfighter
Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballzgtfighter » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:42 pm

I don't think there has ever been a fourth game in a series for Dragonball.

Playstation 2 only went to two series. Budokai 3 and Budokai Tenkaichi 3, But Infinite World is like Budokai 4.

Playstation 3 only Burst Limit and Raging Blast 2. Of which Raging Blast 3 is more or less going to be made.

Hopefully there will be a Raging Blast 4 but imagine what Raging Blast FIVE would be like?
http://dragonballzgt.smfforfree3.com/index.php Join us! And take a step in making the fan's Dragonball Z game!

Our Trailer http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GpxuKNAJxOM

Characters that must appear in the ultimate DBZGT game http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=dragonballzgtfighter

Great Saiyaman I
Regular

Post by Great Saiyaman I » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:55 pm

I'm pretty sure people who LIKE Raging Blast don't want to see a fifth installment, let alone a fourth.

Daizex's contest makes me a lot more interested in Raging Blast 2. Crossing my fingers!
-The Great Saiyaman
Herms wrote:
Nex Carnifex wrote:Herms can you translate the whole thing
No.

spencer7x7

Post by spencer7x7 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:25 pm

I doubt there will be Raging Blast 4, seeing that Raging Blast is doing worse than Budokai Tenkaichi/Sparking.
Penguin eating fish.

(o< <º))))><
//\
V/_

Taku128
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Taku128 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:57 pm

StarRot wrote:
Bardo117 wrote:Game sales reflect on the game quality.
Okay, totally not a game, but look at Twilight and how many sales that had. It's hardly a great work of literature, most would agree.
Sales don't mean a thing; many, many great works of media have gone unnoticed for a variety of reasons.
This is completely true. God Hand, which is an amazing game, sold like complete shit, while Final Fantasy X, which is complete shit, sold amazingly. A large portion of game sales just has to do with marketing. While the "hardcore gamers" will look at reviews and try out games they might not have even noticed if they weren't so plugged in, the majority of game buyers just buy the big games that have tons of money spent advertising them (Halo, Call of Duty, Final Fantasy, ect.) It's not just a coincidence that DBZ game sales in America dropped when the games stopped being advertised on TV.

Game quality has way less to do with game sales than it should.
­

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:17 pm

InfernalVegito wrote:They just owe us a complete Dragonball game considering all the disfigurements they have done with RB1 and RB2.
They don't owe you shit, kid.
You've been paying them to make games, and that's what they've been doing.
Just because you get suckered into buying this shit year after year doesn't suddenly give you an entitlement to a good game.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:46 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:I don't understand why so many people want GT characters in Raging Blast 3.
The sweeping redesigns of characters for GT gives you something different to look at than orange gis and blue spandex.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:58 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:I don't understand why so many people want GT characters in Raging Blast 3.
Three words: Super. Saiyan. Four.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:01 am

Taku128 wrote:This is completely true. God Hand, which is an amazing game, sold like complete shit, while Final Fantasy X, which is complete shit, sold amazingly.
Final Fantasy X sold amazingly for the same reason Final Fantasy VII sold amazingly; it was revolutionary for it's time. God Hand sold poorly because it was unoriginal.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:26 am

Godhand sold poorly since no one really care for the game. Movies like "Fight Club" (1999), "Gamera: The Brave" (2006), "Let Me In" (2010), and "Scott Pilgrim" (2010) got great reviews but bombed at the box office due to lack of general appeal. If the main general public does not care for the movie or game then they won't see or buy it.

The recent DBZ games are not selling well since half of them have been the same for the past five years, and the only people who buy them are fans.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Taku128
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Taku128 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:17 am

Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:
Taku128 wrote:This is completely true. God Hand, which is an amazing game, sold like complete shit, while Final Fantasy X, which is complete shit, sold amazingly.
Final Fantasy X sold amazingly for the same reason Final Fantasy VII sold amazingly; it was revolutionary for it's time. God Hand sold poorly because it was unoriginal.
How the fuck is Final Fantasy X revolutionary in any way? It's a Final Fantasy game but linear as shit. The only thing it added was voice acting, and that can hardly be seen as revolutionary seeing as console games had had voice acting for well over five years. Final Fantasy VII wasn't revolutionary either, it was just the first JRPG most people had ever played. There is nothing FFVII does that III/VI didn't do before it.

And how the fuck is God Hand unoriginal? Have you even played the game? I doubt it, because of all the (completely wrong) complaints I've heard about God Hand, being "unoriginal" wasn't one of them. You probably just read IGN's horrible review and said "Man this game sucks, because IGN said so!" This is especially funny coming from someone who gave fucking Final Fantasy games as examples of "revolutionary" games, and thinks Raging Blast 2 is a game worth buying.

Don't act like you don't like the Ball-Buster.
­

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:21 am

Let's try to stay on-topic, please.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

MetalMadness
Beyond Newbie

Post by MetalMadness » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:15 am

I watched a clip of Cooler on youtube and I noticed his voice sounds different... is he still voiced by Andrew Chandler? Can anyone confirm?

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by InfernalVegito » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:17 pm

Rory wrote:
InfernalVegito wrote:They just owe us a complete Dragonball game considering all the disfigurements they have done with RB1 and RB2.
They don't owe you shit, kid.
You've been paying them to make games, and that's what they've been doing.
Just because you get suckered into buying this shit year after year doesn't suddenly give you an entitlement to a good game.
That doesn't change the fact that they cannot not create a complete game if they wanted. For fucks sake why don't they just listen to the fans.
BT3 off meds | The final fight

Ah, the Alpha and the Omega. As all life was created from Chaos...so shall it be DESTROYED!!!

The wails of machines | Singing cold harmony | Shifting air upward | Entranced by the breeze | Light pours like blood | Into a cosmic sea | Of stars crystallized | In a frozen symphony

Vegetto kicking you into orbit theme