"Raging Blast 2" Gigantic On-Going Gaming Discussion

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vegeta's Wire
Not-So-Newbie

Re: "Raging Blast 2" Pre-Release Discussion

Post by Vegeta's Wire » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:22 am

JulieYBM wrote:Any Vegeta's missing his turtleneck.

In-between animation, folks! Not always the greatest.

Although it is still much better than tracing over old footage...!!
Not to mention the fact that they put new animation to replace broken footage that doesn't fit in whatsoever to the anime...
How many Scouters has Vegeta broken already?

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:55 am

A pirate ship? I don't see what the problem is. I like setpieces. Burst Limit had a random airplane on one level, and Infinite World had some wind turbines on another. None of these had anything to do with DBZ.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:00 am

I like the pirate ship too, it adds realism.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:37 am

goku the krump dancer wrote:I like the pirate ship too, it adds realism.
How? By proving that Barbossa wasn't actually a good 'nuff captain navigate his ship to Davy Jones Locker? (Couldn't resist another one...)
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:58 am

I'm just gonna pretend it's a "Drum Island" stage :D
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:30 am

LeprikanGT wrote:OH, The Mr. Satan part makes sense then. But being as it's so close to that part of the show, I am sure they have been eyeballing some people already.

I just think they don't think Great Saiyaman is glamourous enough or doesn't have enough moves to be a full character. I could see him being a transformation, wearing that watch Bulma gave him.

EDIT: With as craptastic as that picture looks, I hope its one of them 'in between shots' like from the Kai opening people kept complaining about. But it DOES look like a scouter to me as well.
No, You can clearly see that in motion.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:27 am

Goku100xKamehameha wrote:
LeprikanGT wrote:OH, The Mr. Satan part makes sense then. But being as it's so close to that part of the show, I am sure they have been eyeballing some people already.

I just think they don't think Great Saiyaman is glamourous enough or doesn't have enough moves to be a full character. I could see him being a transformation, wearing that watch Bulma gave him.

EDIT: With as craptastic as that picture looks, I hope its one of them 'in between shots' like from the Kai opening people kept complaining about. But it DOES look like a scouter to me as well.
No, You can clearly see that in motion.
Yeah, for like a second. Hence, in-between animation.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:40 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
goku the krump dancer wrote:I like the pirate ship too, it adds realism.
How? By proving that Barbossa wasn't actually a good 'nuff captain navigate his ship to Davy Jones Locker? (Couldn't resist another one...)
Imo it makes the stage more...alive? So to speak. Yeah its an abandoned ship but it still keeps it from looking plain I guess.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:34 am

I knew what you meant, but the Pirates of the Caribbean joke was just hounding to get out on that one.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:50 am

I'm not complaining about it, it's just that... I'm used to these games trying to emulate the series, hence why I'm saying I don't remember no pirate ship in a ice level. I could do with Willow's lab in the back.

By the way, I feel that I must point this out because it seems no one has noticed. Raichi's design changed quite a bit, he looked more clean in the original, he looks like a rotten zombie now; he also lost his Willy moustache in favour of a full grown beard both in his Tsufuru body and Ghost Warrior. I think his clothing also changed slightly. Hatchiyack looks pretty much the same to me.

Vegeta's Wire
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Vegeta's Wire » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:48 am

DNA wrote:I'm not complaining about it, it's just that... I'm used to these games trying to emulate the series, hence why I'm saying I don't remember no pirate ship in a ice level. I could do with Willow's lab in the back.

By the way, I feel that I must point this out because it seems no one has noticed. Raichi's design changed quite a bit, he looked more clean in the original, he looks like a rotten zombie now; he also lost his Willy moustache in favour of a full grown beard both in his Tsufuru body and Ghost Warrior. I think his clothing also changed slightly. Hatchiyack looks pretty much the same to me.
I thought no one else noticed! I personally liked the "old" Dr. Raichi, but I think they changed it so that most recent viewers don't confuse him with Dr. Myuu, who was pretty much a copy of Dr. Raichi.
How many Scouters has Vegeta broken already?

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:06 am

Vegeta's Wire wrote:
DNA wrote:I'm not complaining about it, it's just that... I'm used to these games trying to emulate the series, hence why I'm saying I don't remember no pirate ship in a ice level. I could do with Willow's lab in the back.

I thought no one else noticed! I personally liked the "old" Dr. Raichi, but I think they changed it so that most recent viewers don't confuse him with Dr. Myuu, who was pretty much a copy of Dr. Raichi.
Maybe the Wily stache is copyrighted :o

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:21 am

It's pretty obvious he took a bit of a redesign bullet, but he also gained Namekian booties in the process! =P

For those not paying attention:

dan2026
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dan2026 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:14 am

The 'Ice Stage' looks like Jingle Village from the Red Ribbon arc.
Not sure about the pirate ship, but the was one in the underground caves, if I remember correctly.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:34 am

dan2026 wrote:The 'Ice Stage' looks like Jingle Village from the Red Ribbon arc.
Not sure about the pirate ship, but the was one in the underground caves, if I remember correctly.
I'm sure that was a sub actually.

Zetto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zetto » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:06 am

The new screenshots are great! I am looking forward to seeing the special! 8)
Possibly one of the biggest
Greek Dragon Ball Fans.

ドラゴンボール Ντράγκονμπολ

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:29 am

I've just noticed the screenshots. That Tullece and Freeza double team sure wasn't in the original! Yummy! :3

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:33 am

I still see the Raging Blast collectors edition in JB Hi Fi sometimes.

Once I saw it for $49.... this was only a few weeks after I spent that much on the standard. :evil:
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:22 pm

DNA wrote:I've just noticed the screenshots. That Tullece and Freeza double team sure wasn't in the original! Yummy! :3
I haven't watched it in forever; didn't know that double attack wasn't there in the beginning.

Only thing I don't like about it is the blasts are the same color. That happened a lot in DBZ where multiple shots were being fired and they were all the same color.

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:27 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:It's pretty obvious he took a bit of a redesign bullet, but he also gained Namekian booties in the process! =P

For those not paying attention:
Raichi was obviously tired of the Wily Stache. He's probably going for the Dr. Light beard to fool people into thinking he's building a nice robot.