"Raging Blast 2" Gigantic On-Going Gaming Discussion

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Re: "Raging Blast 2" Pre-Release Discussion

Post by LeprikanGT » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:40 pm

B wrote:Were some of you really going to buy a $60 game for essentially one episode of DBZ? I suppose it's comforting some minds have been changed, even if the reasoning is screwy.
I REALLY wouldn't ever pay money for something that was slackerly only subbed in an English release, but I want this game. I hope the price drops like RB1 did.

The "Big Deal" is many fans ONLY like the DUB and I personally think its ridiculously to release a game in English with stuff sub-only included as half the selling point of the game.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:51 pm

AgitoZ wrote:Why are so many using the lack of a dub as an excuse to not buy the game? I mean some were sold on the new footage. Why is their being no dub now such a deal breaker?
Because the footage was the main reason they were buying the game, but without a dub, it's less enjoyable to them...? :?
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:00 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:
AgitoZ wrote:Why are so many using the lack of a dub as an excuse to not buy the game? I mean some were sold on the new footage. Why is their being no dub now such a deal breaker?
Because the footage was the main reason they were buying the game, but without a dub, it's less enjoyable to them...? :?
I thought most or all of the people here besides myself hated the dub.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Char Aznable
Regular

Post by Char Aznable » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:01 pm

B wrote:Were some of you really going to buy a $60 game for essentially one episode of DBZ? I suppose it's comforting some minds have been changed, even if the reasoning is screwy.
I'm probably not picking up the game until it hits $39.99, because new footage or not, I'm still too iffy about buying yet another one of these games. Still, since the last game I bought was Sparking! METEOR, I guess I can finally justify an update.
Last edited by Char Aznable on Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:02 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:
I REALLY wouldn't ever pay money for something that was slackerly only subbed in an English release, but I want this game. I hope the price drops like RB1 did.
B wasn't asking that.
He was asking, based on the reaction of some posters, why they would pay $60 for a game if they only wanted the special.
Ha, slackerly.
The "Big Deal" is many fans ONLY like the DUB and I personally think its ridiculously to release a game in English with stuff sub-only included as half the selling point of the game.
Again, they did what they could. Its not as if they aren't releasing the special on the game at all(please don't respond with "IT IS TO ME).

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:04 pm

Why is it 'lazy' to only offer the original product with subtitles, rather than a foreign dub of said product?
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Strongbad456
Beyond Newbie

Post by Strongbad456 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:32 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Why is it 'lazy' to only offer the original product with subtitles, rather than a foreign dub of said product?
Even if it's a Japanese product, it's still being released in English, in America, and should contain an English dub for the many American fans who want it. Chances are the dub fans make up the majority of fans in America after all.

mysticboy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mysticboy » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:45 pm

Strongbad456 wrote: Even if it's a Japanese product, it's still being released in English, in America, and should contain an English dub for the many American fans who want it. Chances are the dub fans make up the majority of fans in America after all.
I agree with this. But it's really a matter of BN allowing FUNi to dub it.

Wobbuffet
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Wobbuffet » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:56 pm

LeprikanGT wrote: Do we HAVE to watch the entire thing to get the bonus character? That's going to be painful to sit through now.
You know, you wouldn't need to watch it, you could just let the ova playing while you are doing something else.
Sorry, I can't speak English very well, but I'm trying my best.
This is My Anime List.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:06 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:
jjgp1112 wrote:
I thought most or all of the people here besides myself hated the dub.
I LOVE the Dub, I doubt I've ever changed over the voices to the JP VA's. I can't speak or read Japanese so I've never had a reason to try it out. I'm sure there are PLENTY of people here like that, and I think thats one of the big reasons we feel let down. I was pumped for the OVA but if I can't even see it in my native language in a game RELEASED in my native language, its a huge let down for a main selling point of a game.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:07 pm

Is Toei Redubing it? Or are they going to use the audio from the 1993 version?

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:09 pm

ringworm128 wrote:Is Toei Redubing it? Or are they going to use the audio from the 1993 version?
That was my question about matching the words to the mouth flaps, if they re-drew it, it seems like they would HAVE to redub in Japanese.

My main point is if they did it, why can't we do the same if thats what they do with the ingame audio. Is the 'in OVA' audio that much different?

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:27 pm

ringworm128 wrote:Is Toei Redubing it? Or are they going to use the audio from the 1993 version?
:lol: you actually even think that they would not re-dubbed it? The audio is in freakin' Mono! and it's REALLY not possible that they would not re-dubbed it.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:36 pm

Goku100xKamehameha wrote:
:lol: you actually even think that they would not re-dubbed it? The audio is in freakin' Mono! and it's REALLY not possible that they would not re-dubbed it.
Now.... Take THAT above statement and apply it to the English/US release and you'll see why the Dub fans are "upset".

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:46 pm

Because some people can't stand to watch the Japanese version and/or read subtitles. There's nothing wrong with that.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:55 pm

Thats what I was saying too. If you're buying a game in your own language I'd assume you'd expect everything to be in that language, if thats the BIG thing about this game.

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:58 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:
Goku100xKamehameha wrote:
Now.... Take THAT above statement and apply it to the English/US release and you'll see why the Dub fans are "upset".
I actually already did......

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:01 am

People, I've gotta say a few things. A few of the comments lately have had me scratching my head. I'm talking, you may have guessed, about this whole sub only outcry. Before any dub fans ignore this as "just another subbie trying to force his opinions on me" please keep this in mind: I (with a few exceptions) like the dub voices. There are a select few characters with dub voices that I :gasp: PREFER OVER THE ORIGINAL! :shock: Nowadays I mostly watch the anime subbed. I do, for a few reasons, play the games dubbed the vast majority of the time, though. I have no problem with the idea of having a dubbed feature. I would like for it to be on there, as long as subbed Japanese was also available. Now that I've got that out of the way, let's get to my real points for this post.
First, I want to relate this situation to something else that is a great love of mine, Final Fantasy VII. I'm a big fan of the game and its sequels/prequels. Advent Children (original & Complete) was fantastic in my highly biased opinion. I do enjoy the original performances. I've seen the movie in Japanese multiple times. That being said, I primarily watch it dubbed. I love the dubs that the Final Fantasy VII projects have received. Steve Blum as Vincent was great IMO, I really enjoyed George Newbern as Sephiroth, and Quinton Flynn was terrific as Reno. I hated Aerith and Cait Sith's voices, but the pros outweighed the cons for me. Again, just my opinions. I really like the dub. On the DVD of Advent Children, the special features weren't dubbed. That didn't affect my enjoyment of them in the slightest. To be fair, the special features on the initial DVD only had a few moments that could have really been dubbed, so the initial release may not be the best example. Don't worry, though. I promise I'm going somewhere with this. :) After the initial release of the movie in the US, it was rereleased in a Collectors Edition box set. This edition came with a 25 minute OVA (Starting to sound familiar?). While this was released on a dvd in an english speaking country, on an english release, with a popular dubbed main feature the OVA did not include a dub. This did not affect my enjoyment at all. Did it have my preferred cast? No. It was still fun to watch. It was still understandable (well, as understandable as a Final Fantasy VII related project can be :P ), despite the fact that I know damn near nothing of the language. Ah, the magic of subtitles... well, more on that in a bit. This situation would basically repeat itself a few years later with the release of Advent Children Complete. Once again, an OVA was included. Once again, no dub was included. The idea that this Dragon Ball situation is unique is, to be frank, ridiculous and a bit ignorant. Final Fantasy dubs are fairly popular, yet S-E released sub only special features. Special features that are pretty damn similar to the Dragon Ball feature we're discussing. The "Why would an english release have features that aren't in english? That's stupid!" stance really doesn't have much merit.
Now for my second point. Due to what I'm going to say, I am going to reiterate that I am pro dub. Please remember this before you get pissed off. I have a question for those of you who refuse to watch anything with subtitles. How the hell are subtitles an issue? I get the whole preferred cast thing. Really, I do. This isn't about that. This is about the preposterous suggestion that you can't enjoy something if it has subtitles. You can read. You're reading right now. You may be rolling your eyes and calling me a jackass while you're doing it, but you're still reading. People all over the world read subtitles while watching various things. How do you plan to get through life without getting over such stubborn ideas? Elderly/deaf people watch all kinds of programs with closed captions on. What are you going to do when you get old and the hearing aid goes out? "Oh shit! Letterman's head-in-a-jar just said something funny, I just know he did. Damn this cursed inability to read captions whilst watching a screen! Damn it to Hell!" I can completely understand not liking the voice cast in the original version. I don't agree with that opinion, but I can understand it. I can't understand how reading subtitles can be a problem, barring unfortunate medical circumstances.
Well, that's what I wanted to say. I apologize if it was too long, but hey, if you got through this just imagine how entertaining those subs will be in comparison! :P

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:02 am

It's just GOT to be not true. I can't wrap my head around them NOT dubbing the voice for the English release.

I'm getting this game 100% alreayd, I'm just going to be let down if it's missing.

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:04 am

They are more than likely redoing it. Especially since the plot has presumably changed.
And those lines in the trailer sounded new(not the dialogue itself but the acting).
LeprikanGT wrote: That was my question about matching the words to the mouth flaps, if they re-drew it, it seems like they would HAVE to redub in Japanese.

My main point is if they did it, why can't we do the same if thats what they do with the ingame audio. Is the 'in OVA' audio that much different?
What do you mean? Funimation never dubbed the original version.
Last edited by Makaioshin on Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.