"Raging Blast 2" Gigantic On-Going Gaming Discussion

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Strongbad456
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Raging Blast 2" Pre-Release Discussion

Post by Strongbad456 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:38 pm

I'm disappointed. I really wanted a dub for this. I'll get it but I'm still disappointed.

Savage68
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Savage68 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:55 pm

Jaetinh wrote:No dub?!

Yeah!! 8)

I'd much rather watch it in Japanese with subtitles.
How would that option change for you if a dub was produced? This isn't 2004; The Japanese dialogue would still be available, dub or not.

Char Aznable
Regular

Post by Char Aznable » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:39 pm

Just because there won't be a dub for this...episode...TV special...y thing on Raging Blast 2 doesn't mean it'll never get a dub. FUNimation's Twitter did make it seem like they're working on acquiring it. If it never gets a dub, I'm satisfied considering the Japanese cast is my cast of choice anyway. On the other hand, I do want to hear Chris Ayres' Freeza in as many things as possible.

Personally, I foresee a DVD and Blu-Ray release in the future in the standard bilingual format.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:53 pm

On second thought...maybe I'll hold off on this and just get the dub release. I was mainly interested in seeing the new cast with that new animation but I'll find some other means of watching it in the meantime. Once FUNi releases it, it'll have the Japanese version anyway. I'm not going to buy a $60 dollar game I basically already have just to play as Hatchiyack.

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:06 pm

Who knows, if the dub isn't included in the game (or as downloadable content), perhaps we'll see a DVD/Blu-Ray released with both the original and re-animated features.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:10 pm

Rory wrote:Who knows, if the dub isn't included in the game (or as downloadable content), perhaps we'll see a DVD/Blu-Ray released with both the original and re-animated features.
I don't think it would be downloadable content, but I like the idea of including both versions. I highly doubt they'd dub both though.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:34 pm

Maybe they'll put it out as a Double Feature with the JUMP Super Anime Tour special!!!

They definitely won't, I know, I know. I'd be happy with a similar release though.

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:10 pm

My main interest in the game, really, was seeing a special I never have before (as I'm somewhat burned out on the DBZ Flight Simulator games). The lack of a dub makes me want to skip out on this one, and wait for a dvd release. It's a shame, I really would have gotten this thing if it had both voice options (I've learned to enjoy both my dub and sub side by side). $60 for one OVA + mild game interest was pushing it, but only one language track? Really hard to go for now.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

Ducard
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ducard » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:31 pm

Maybe they'll put it out as a Double Feature with the JUMP Super Anime Tour special!!!
That would be nice.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:13 pm

I want candy Vegetto playable.

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:28 pm

batistabus wrote:I want candy Vegetto playable.
I would love to see cool easter eggs implemented into the candy beam. If it were used on Dabura, he could become a cookie, if it were used on Chi Chi (assuming she ever returns) she could get turned into an egg, and if it were used on Vegetto he could turn into a playable candy.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:46 pm

Were some of you really going to buy a $60 game for essentially one episode of DBZ? I suppose it's comforting some minds have been changed, even if the reasoning is screwy.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:57 pm

Well, I'm glad it's subbed only, because the other option would be dubbed only. I don't think there's any way they would add both soundtracks on the footage IN THE GAME, and I'm no fan of any dub, to be quite honest.

I'm going to buy the game mainly because of the footage, Hatchiyack being playable is a dream come true for me, so that's just icing on the top, plus I've skipped every fighting game since Sparking! METEOR and Infinite Blast, so this is perfect, and on top of that I'll have the likes of Bojack, Tullece, Super Saiyan 3 Broly and Vegeta, Dabra and more to play with.

In sum, I'm a very happy bunny.

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJSteve » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:58 pm

B wrote:Were some of you really going to buy a $60 game for essentially one episode of DBZ? I suppose it's comforting some minds have been changed, even if the reasoning is screwy.
I was thinking about it, but realised it would eventually be uploaded on Youtube. The game does look good, still not worth £40 though.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:32 pm

When I first heard and saw they were redrawing the special for raging Blast 2 I assumed since EVERY single other PS2 and PS3 DBZ game got English voices that this special would do the same.

I don't want an episode of me having to read something subbed. If they are going to release it in English speaking countries and have EVERYTHING else in the game have english voices, they shouldn't half ass the special.

Does Hatchiyack not make ANY sounds in the game or are they going to use the JP voice for him in the English track? They should have finished what they started and got the lisence to voice the special before they released the game. Thats wasted space on the game disc to me now.

Do we HAVE to watch the entire thing to get the bonus character? That's going to be painful to sit through now.

For as excited as I was about this game yesterday, I'm that much more disappointed by there less than full attempt at bringing the special 'to the masses'.

mysticboy

Post by mysticboy » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:42 pm

Lance Freeman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lance Freeman » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:48 pm

I don't really want to get this game. I'm tired of all the fighting games that have come out recently, where the only improvements seem to be adding more and more pointless characters to the roster. Adding in the video isn't really helping the deal, either.

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:09 pm

LeprikanGT wrote: I don't want an episode of me having to read something subbed. If they are going to release it in English speaking countries and have EVERYTHING else in the game have english voices, they shouldn't half ass the special.
They did what they could. And didn't they sort of retract that statement with their following 'tweet'?
Does Hatchiyack not make ANY sounds in the game or are they going to use the JP voice for him in the English track?
If by make sounds you mean talk, then yes. If you watched the trailer you can hear him speak. They dubbed the actual game so he would most likely have been dubbed in English just like any other character. I doubt they added Hatchihyakku as a last minute character.
They should have finished what they started and got the lisence to voice the special before they released the game.
I don't think they would delay a game for what is supposed to be a bonus.
Do we HAVE to watch the entire thing to get the bonus character? That's going to be painful to sit through now.
:lol:
For as excited as I was about this game yesterday, I'm that much more disappointed by there less than full attempt at bringing the special 'to the masses'.
They are. They are releasing it with subtitles that are in English. Most people can read.

I've never heard anyone overreact like this before. I guess its because I'm new to the internet.
Last edited by Makaioshin on Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Taku128

Post by Taku128 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:18 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:When I first heard and saw they were redrawing the special for raging Blast 2 I assumed since EVERY single other PS2 and PS3 DBZ game got English voices that this special would do the same.

I don't want an episode of me having to read something subbed. If they are going to release it in English speaking countries and have EVERYTHING else in the game have english voices, they shouldn't half ass the special.

Does Hatchiyack not make ANY sounds in the game or are they going to use the JP voice for him in the English track? They should have finished what they started and got the lisence to voice the special before they released the game. Thats wasted space on the game disc to me now.

This post is hilarious. Makaioshin covered most of it, but I'd just like to point out that most games don't even use all of the space on the disc, and Raging Blast 2 certainly won't. They aren't sacrificing anything to be able to fit thirty minutes of animation on the disc.
­

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:32 pm

Why are so many using the lack of a dub as an excuse to not buy the game? I mean some were sold on the new footage. Why is their being no dub now such a deal breaker?
If you're not here soon... GET ON!