"Raging Blast 2" Gigantic On-Going Gaming Discussion

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ultimate_DB_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Raging Blast 2" Pre-Release Discussion

Post by Ultimate_DB_Fan » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:52 pm

I'm liking Hatchi-whatevers look. He seems to be quite a huge guy.

Does anyone think he'll be available right off the bat, or are we probably gonna have to unlock 'I'm?

My anticipation for this game has grown in the past few days, I must say. ^_^

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:54 pm

DNA wrote:Ok, saw this on the trailer as well and I'm a bit confused and kinda scared, what does that exactly mean? Because it makes me think that the main fights will not be animated and will instead be played, hence the 30 minute mark. What do you guys think?
The special will still contain the fight scenes. Though it hasn't been stated, they will probably remove the random monsters and possibly the Destron Gas...hopefully the Destron Gas lol.
Ultimate_DB_Fan wrote:I'm liking Hatchi-whatevers look. He seems to be quite a huge guy.

Does anyone think he'll be available right off the bat, or are we probably gonna have to unlock 'I'm?

My anticipation for this game has grown in the past few days, I must say. ^_^
It has been said that you unlock a character from watching the whole animated special, which would make sense to be Hatchiyack, right?
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:38 pm

So are the 6 never before seen characters REALLY just people from BT3?

Also does 3D mean the graphics or 3D as in strap on some glasses and its a 3D game?

it also sucks that we don't get the ENTIRE special redone. It's like the Kai-atived it, but just went ahead and redrew it all.

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJSteve » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:46 pm

Has this been posted yet?

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:48 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:So are the 6 never before seen characters REALLY just people from BT3?

Also does 3D mean the graphics or 3D as in strap on some glasses and its a 3D game?

it also sucks that we don't get the ENTIRE special redone. It's like the Kai-atived it, but just went ahead and redrew it all.
Why would you want the whole thing? I really don't want to see those retarded monsters again, personally. And Goggogaddon or whatever his name was? Why was he even there? Where did he came from? What was he? Not gonna be missed, gotta admit.

And I think this "6 never before seen characters" might just be never before seen in the Raging Blast series of games. They just like to up the hype and mislead people like that. I mean, Hatchiyack had 2 games dedicated just for him, how can they say "IT'S NEVER BEEN ON A GAME BEFORE!". C'mon...

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:53 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:So are the 6 never before seen characters REALLY just people from BT3?
I don't think so. There have already been more than 6 "new" characters from the BT/Sparking series. If we really get 6 new characters, Hatchiyack probably counts as one. It's possible that a transformation could take up another slot. That leaves four or five spots. I wouldn't be surprised if we either got those monsters from PtEtS or some more movie henchmen, like 14 or Gokua. I'm just hoping that Ghost Tullece, Slug, Coola, & Freeza don't take up those spots on some sort of stupid technicality. They are "new" after all.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:54 pm

DNA wrote:

Why would you want the whole thing? I really don't want to see those retarded monsters again, personally. And Goggogaddon or whatever his name was? Why was he even there? Where did he came from? What was he? Not gonna be missed, gotta admit.

And I think this "6 never before seen characters" might just be never before seen in the Raging Blast series of games. They just like to up the hype and mislead people like that. I mean, Hatchiyack had 2 games dedicated just for him, how can they say "IT'S NEVER BEEN ON A GAME BEFORE!". C'mon...
1. Because I want as MUCH DBZ as possible, and thats cutting out nearly half of an entire 'movie.' It's either yes we have it all or no we do not, and it seems to be the answer to that will always be NO.

2. Hatchiyack was never PLAYABLE in a game, so I'm alright with that.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:02 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:1. Because I want as MUCH DBZ as possible, and thats cutting out nearly half of an entire 'movie.' It's either yes we have it all or no we do not, and it seems to be the answer to that will always be NO.
Dude... you can always watch the original. They're giving you a new version. You either take it... or not. They don't even need to give you anything, I'm sure they have enough money coming in.
LeprikanGT wrote:2. Hatchiyack was never PLAYABLE in a game, so I'm alright with that.
Fair point, but that's not what they said at first.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:04 pm

Eddie wrote:
I don't think so. There have already been more than 6 "new" characters from the BT/Sparking series. If we really get 6 new characters, Hatchiyack probably counts as one. It's possible that a transformation could take up another slot. That leaves four or five spots. I wouldn't be surprised if we either got those monsters from PtEtS or some more movie henchmen, like 14 or Gokua. I'm just hoping that Ghost Tullece, Slug, Coola, & Freeza don't take up those spots on some sort of stupid technicality. They are "new" after all.
First, I must throw out there, that 14 and 15 aren't henchmen to 13. =P They are practically the same are 16, 17, and 18, except 16 is more like Cell in this case... but I'm all for including 14 and 15, though keep the actual henchmen out. I'm not a fan of having a team of 5 guys and only including 2 or 3 of them. But I'm definitely wanting some end of Z characters: Teen Goten and Trunks? Kid Uub? Kid Pan? Yes! lol Let me reenact the end of the series like never before.

Anyway, I don't think the Ghost Warriors will count as the rest of the new characters. The earlier scan said that Freeza had new combos and skills to attack with, which made it seem like the new skills were put onto the original character possibly via customized supers and an item ("Ghost Warrior Skills"? =P) to change combat style? I also don't see Hatchiyack with one of his transformations either, unless they add it in to the new special, since he didn't have one in the original PtEtS.

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:11 pm

@TheDevilsCorpse I can certainly understand not wanting a single henchman out of a group of several, but we've already got Zangya. Since we already have her, I wouldn't mind having other henchmen. Nikki and/or Ginger could potentially be really fun to play as.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:16 pm

I'll excuse Zangya's henchmenness, she is one of the only female characters in the later portion who can actually,...you know,...fight. lol

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:37 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I'll excuse Zangya's henchmenness, she is one of the only female characters in the later portion who can actually,...you know,...fight. lol
And, let's be honest. She's kinda sexy. :P

They'll not make the six new characters Sparking! METEOR/BT3 characters. They explicitly stated that 20 new characters to the Raging Blast series, and 6 of which that have never been playable in any Dragon Ball game. So far, one of them, Hatchihyaku, has been revealed. So, there's 5 left.

Personally, I'm perfectly happy with Hatchihyaku's inclusion. I've personally never seen or played the Playdia game, so it's great that he's in the game. I still wouldn't consider Hatchihyaku to have ever been in a video game. I mean, those "games" he was in were just interactive movies... they were hardly video games.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:57 pm

Thanos wrote:Personally, I'm perfectly happy with Hatchihyaku's inclusion. I've personally never seen or played the Playdia game, so it's great that he's in the game. I still wouldn't consider Hatchihyaku to have ever been in a video game. I mean, those "games" he was in were just interactive movies... they were hardly video games.
The game was originally on the NES... It was a card based fighting RPG or whatever. So yeah, he was a character in a game; Then he was a character in a OVA/Visual Guide; and then he was in Playdia's game... video... thingy.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:57 pm

Thanos wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Personally, I'm perfectly happy with Hatchihyaku's inclusion. I've personally never seen or played the Playdia game, so it's great that he's in the game. I still wouldn't consider Hatchihyaku to have ever been in a video game. I mean, those "games" he was in were just interactive movies... they were hardly video games.
The first game he was in was for the Famicom though.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:09 pm

But he wasn't playable, that's the point. He was only the boss you had to beat the hell out of in a very long and fairly boring card based fight, or hope you pushed the right buttons and chose the right path so that you didn't have to time your attack with the horrible Playdia controller.

mysticboy

Post by mysticboy » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:12 pm

Deep look at the new trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddye6sxQ_cA

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:25 pm

Do you think they will include the characters from the Jump Special? That would make this like THE best 'new stuff' DBZ game I've seen ever.

mysticboy

Post by mysticboy » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:33 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:Do you think they will include the characters from the Jump Special? That would make this like THE best 'new stuff' DBZ game I've seen ever.
No. They would have said something about that.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:36 pm

Doubtful, they are really trying to hype Hatchiyack and Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans. If they do include them, they won't announce it till much closer to release.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:41 pm

Thats what I was thinking; one big surprise right before the release. They might be thinking 'we wouldn't expect it' since we got the OVA.