Who should make the next DBZ game?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: Who should make the next DBZ game?

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:32 pm

What about Treyarch for the next game?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

gotensottile
Beyond Newbie

Post by gotensottile » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Treyarch? The Black Ops guys?
I doubt they would be good with a fighting game...they're a FPS developer.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:03 pm

They work on the Spider-Man games as well. The next game does not have to be a fighting game.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:21 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:What about Treyarch for the next game?
No, no, no, no, no and uh....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKss2uYpih8

Sorry, but I can't stand Treyarch. They did a decent job with Black Ops but most of there library consists of glitchy and weaker versions of games from other developers. Compare Spiderman 2 to Ultimate Spiderman and Call of Duty 3 with Call of Duty 2. They are Activision's B-team; the go to guys when the main team isn't cooperating. Mixing my favorite franchises with one of my least favorite gaming companies would just make me a really sad person.

Also, I wouldn't buy the game for personal reasons. Yes, I know it's extreme and yes I know I'm probably over reacting but I refuse to purchase Activision published games after what happened to InfinityWard and the MW2 incident. So far I've stuck to that protest(even holding off on Starcraft 2 because of the Blizzard and Activision union) and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon.

...and I'll stop here, before I go off on a tangent. If you want to debate this or know more about my irrational behavior just PM me.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Patient-mental
Beyond Newbie

Post by Patient-mental » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:24 am

SparkyPantsMcGee.

Not to be ignorant about the hate against Cod6: MW2 as I have only played Cod4: MW. But what was wrong with it that made you create such a negative stance against Activision/Blizzard?

I'm just intrigued to know.

Jaruka
Regular

Post by Jaruka » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:39 am

I think he's referring to some of Infinity Ward's higher-ups being fired. Especially as it wasn't made by Treyarch so otherwise his rant was kinda silly :lol:

Though I do have to agree, IW are the ones who make the games and Treyarch just modify the engine enough to ship out a brand new game (think Spike). So no, people who can't even make a good FPS shouldn't be allowed to touch a fighting game.

Especially considering the whole Call of Duty system is still a lot weaker than almost every other FPS and just survives by popularity and doing the bare minimum
mysticboy wrote:Raditz has the durability of 3 moons.

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:03 pm

Super Saiyan Prime wrote:Bioware's owned by EA, so that won't happen.

I'd like to see GameRepublic (Folkore, Majin & The Foresaken Kingdom, alongside 3 DS Dragon Ball titles), Ninja Theory (Enslaved, DMC: Devil May Cry, and Heavenly Sword), and Monolith Soft (Xenosaga, Xenoblade, Attack of the Saiyans) get the budget to make some HD console games.
Doesn't Nintendo own Monolith Soft now? No HD games from them until Nintendo's next console.

A Dragonball action game could be pretty sweet, though. You'd have to come up with a reason why the characters would not just fly everywhere, presuming you were dealing with Z, but I would play it.

I wouldn't be too opposed to a Dragonball strategy game, either, it's a thought that always wondered into my mind during the Android/Cell sagas. If Camelot and the Takahashi brothers could channel Shining Force- both in gameplay and in silly tone-we could have a surprisingly in-character game.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada