"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Blocky

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Blocky » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:49 pm

Wow, Can't believe Super Saiyan Raditz is actually a thing in this.

It's might well you call this game "Dragonball AF: The Offical Video Game" if it hasn't already.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:59 pm

No you can't. Fans come up with horrible designs and transformations that don't exist. Heroes come up with what-if stuff within Dragon Ball logics and what was already presented to us.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:07 pm

Blocky wrote:Wow, Can't believe Super Saiyan Raditz is actually a thing in this.

It's might well you call this game "Dragonball AF: The Offical Video Game" if it hasn't already.
I don't think we can. Not until Super Saiyan 5 or anything of that sort shows up. Part of me does wish they'd just go completely bonkers and introduce something crazy and fan-made, but I think it's for the best if they... y'know, don't.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:08 pm

Didn't Dokkan Battle make an SS5 card or something?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Yalos
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Yalos » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:33 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Didn't Dokkan Battle make an SS5 card or something?
Absolutely No.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:45 pm

Final Form Mira is the closet thing to a SSj5 since he has white hair and white fur if you ask me.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:56 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Didn't Dokkan Battle make an SS5 card or something?
That's probably about as real as this Heroes card:

It literally says AF right there. :lol:
[spoiler]NOT THAT I WOULDN'T LOVE A FIGHTING BULLA IMMENSELY. DO IT, HEROES. AND MAKE BRAN TOO.[/spoiler]
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Fresh Prince
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fresh Prince » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:00 pm

Toyottoro makes the DBHeroes Manga and he made DBAF, it would be cool if they put Xicor in as a limited edition card

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:17 pm

Alruneia wrote:
Blocky wrote:Wow, Can't believe Super Saiyan Raditz is actually a thing in this.

I don't think we can. Not until Super Saiyan 5 or anything of that sort shows up.
Well, Super Saiyan God & Super Saiyan Blue are technically Super Saiyan 5 & 6 respectively.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:07 pm

Grimlock wrote:No you can't. Fans come up with horrible designs and transformations that don't exist. Heroes come up with what-if stuff within Dragon Ball logics and what was already presented to us.
Uh... You're way too biased against fan works. Fans can make better explanations than the official writers sometimes.
Alruneia wrote:[spoiler]NOT THAT I WOULDN'T LOVE A FIGHTING BULLA IMMENSELY. DO IT, HEROES. AND MAKE BRAN TOO.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]You're not the only one, trust me. Oh and, hate to tell you, but Bran already exists. Her name is Brapan. :P[/spoiler]
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:30 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:You're not the only one, trust me. Oh and, hate to tell you, but Bran already exists. Her name is Brapan. :P
I'll try to use my headcanon to explain what I mean:
Brapan: EX-Fusion
Palla: Potara fusion
Bran: Fusion dance

One artist's rendition of Bran:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I don't recall any of Dragon Ball Fusions making it to Heroes (though it might in the future), so the three are equally unlikely, really. It's just that Bran is my preferred fusion type.
In any case (any kind of fusion), the two fusing is an excuse to bring Bulla in as a fighter, and through a possible SSJ Bran/Brapan/Palla we could get SSJ Pan and SSJ Bulla. I know people have been waiting for SSJ Pan in Heroes for literal years.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:40 pm

Alruneia wrote:I don't recall any of Dragon Ball Fusions making it to Heroes (though it might in the future), so the three are equally unlikely, really.
Future(?) Gohanks was in God Mission 9:
Of course, that was a special collaboration, so I mostly doubt the inclusion of others. Also, any particular reason the Fusion Dance is your preferred type? Is it the method, or simply the design?
MyAnimeList | AniList

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:47 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Alruneia wrote:I don't recall any of Dragon Ball Fusions making it to Heroes (though it might in the future), so the three are equally unlikely, really.
Future(?) Gohanks was in God Mission 9:
Of course, that was a special collaboration, so I mostly doubt the inclusion of others. Also, any particular reason the Fusion Dance is your preferred type? Is it the method, or simply the design?
Gohanks was a collaboration and is very much the exception at the moment. Future Gohanks came from Heroes and got into Fusions, while EX Gohanks came from Fusions and got into Heroes.
...I think.
Also, yes, it's the method. Potara fusion was permanent (well done Episode 66), so I liked the dance better. Fusions came along and didn't sway my opinion.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:06 pm

Alruneia wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:You're not the only one, trust me. Oh and, hate to tell you, but Bran already exists. Her name is Brapan. :P
Fusion & EX-Fusion fighters share the same name.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:44 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Alruneia wrote:
Not Rappa/Natz. They just went with "EX-" in fusions that already existed as Fusion dance because they're lazy.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:33 am

Sandubadear wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Alruneia wrote: I'll try to use my headcanon to explain what I mean:
Not Rappa/Natz. They just went with "EX-" in fusions that already existed as Fusion dance because they're lazy.
Rappa would be the Potara fusion name (the Vegito), but Natz is the Fusion dance (the Gogeta).
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:18 pm

and why exactly is that??? if i'm not mistaken all the current dragon ball games are made by the same company so i don't see why using characters from one game to another would be a problem, they already did it with Dokkan Battle and since Heroes is the king of using What If stuff i would like to think is a matter of time it would be nice seeing some of the game fusions in one of those Heroes animated trailers.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:10 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:Rappa would be the Potara fusion name (the Vegito), but Natz is the Fusion dance (the Gogeta).
Should be, but that's not the case. Rappa is the EX-Fusion and Natz is the Fusion dance.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:17 pm

Well, considering this is Dragon Ball Heroes topic, we shall go back to the on-topic.

So we're finally on the week of the launch of Super Dragon Ball Heroes, the stuff I want to see the most is that Goku card that summons Zeno and the SECs. Probably when facing the CPU there will be more interesting things like usual, so I'm looking forward to that too.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:28 pm

Dragotaker wrote:and why exactly is that??? if i'm not mistaken all the current dragon ball games are made by the same company so i don't see why using characters from one game to another would be a problem, they already did it with Dokkan Battle and since Heroes is the king of using What If stuff i would like to think is a matter of time it would be nice seeing some of the game fusions in one of those Heroes animated trailers.
I guess I just find it unlikely because only Future Gohanks made it in so far, and that was back in GDM9. In other words, I would've expected them now. Of course, they did only end up including Abo and Cado pretty recently, after they debuted in 2008, so I could be wrong. They do make some pretty weird decisions, so it's very hard to say whether the Fusions will make it in.
MyAnimeList | AniList