"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Sandubadear
I Live Here
Posts: 2152
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:39 am
Location: Space Amazon

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Sandubadear » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:12 am

DNA wrote:Huh, didn't even think about that one. Maybe he'll get a new transformation as well.
Super Saiyan 3. :D
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

User avatar
Lord Frieza
I Live Here
Posts: 3704
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:36 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:35 am

Sandubadear wrote:
DNA wrote:Huh, didn't even think about that one. Maybe he'll get a new transformation as well.
Super Saiyan 3. :D
You thinking to small and we just had 2 old saiyans go SS3. My bets on Turles going Super Saiyan 4.
DNA wrote:Huh, didn't even think about that one. Maybe he'll get a new transformation as well.

I like how Heroes is finally creating it's own characters and has the balls to create more new transformations that aren't Saiyan forms. I'd like to see them go back and give new transformations for the Freeza Clan members.

I'm really enjoying these new Demon avatars, but I would love to see Tsufruian avatars, those have been on the back of my mind for ages now. Hero could be based on Raichi and Myuu, Elite would be Baby, Berserker would be Hatchiyack. All of them could have some Machine Mutants features for their class upgrades. Baby and Hatchiyack already have forms, the Hero could have Rilld's transformations.
Makyian and Hera Clan avatars would be nice too.
I have to wonder what the in story reason is for a group of demons to side with the heroes? Maybe their just getting a raw deal from the others, maybe they want to take over and want to use the heroes power to take them down or maybe they just like the status-quo as it is. Tsufruian would be cool.

User avatar
DNA
I Live Here
Posts: 4223
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:23 pm
Contact:

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by DNA » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:00 am

Lord Frieza wrote:You thinking to small and we just had 2 old saiyans go SS3. My bets on Turles going Super Saiyan 4.
I would prefer him getting something else entirely, a whole new unique transformation or powerup. I'm sick of Super Saiyan transformations.
Lord Frieza wrote:I have to wonder what the in story reason is for a group of demons to side with the heroes? Maybe their just getting a raw deal from the others, maybe they want to take over and want to use the heroes power to take them down or maybe they just like the status-quo as it is.
Well, who knows? Been a demon doesn't have to make you inherently evil. As far as I know, in eastern Asian beliefs, demons are mostly neutral, they can be good or evil. It seems just the leaders are plotting an evil scheme. It's not very clear but Dabra seemed to be neutral before Babidi made him full evil. It's only filler, but he did go to heaven and was generally a nice guy.
Lord Frieza wrote:Tsufruian would be cool.
Yeah, there's so much potential there! Makyans aren't a good choice, now that I rethink it, they don't have any racial traits since they are all completely different from each other. They just have a buffed up transformation and remove weapons out of their skin. The Hera Clan on the other hand is a bit more interesting, they have genders, a transformation and cool looks. But still, I would happily give up on those two to have Tsufruians, they have good potential designs, various forms and a lot of lore and backstory deeply rooted into the universe of Dragon Ball, they are not just a GT, filler or movie race. They are all of that and more.
Dragon Box Archives, in search of the best possible releases.

Join our Discord server!

User avatar
alakazam^
I Live Here
Posts: 2714
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:55 am
Location: Portugal

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:19 am

DNA wrote:Well, who knows? Been a demon doesn't have to make you inherently evil. As far as I know, in eastern Asian beliefs, demons are mostly neutral, they can be good or evil. It seems just the leaders are plotting an evil scheme. It's not very clear but Dabra seemed to be neutral before Babidi made him full evil. It's only filler, but he did go to heaven and was generally a nice guy.
He went to Heaven as punishment because he'd enjoy Hell.

User avatar
Sandubadear
I Live Here
Posts: 2152
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:39 am
Location: Space Amazon

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Sandubadear » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:23 am

Lord Frieza wrote:
Sandubadear wrote:Super Saiyan 3. :D
You thinking to small and we just had 2 old saiyans go SS3. My bets on Turles going Super Saiyan 4.
That's why I think it's SSJ3. After Nappa and Raditz, only Tullece, King Vegeta, and Tarble are missing it. And Goten, but he will never ever ever get SSJ3 because reasons.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

User avatar
DNA
I Live Here
Posts: 4223
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:23 pm
Contact:

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by DNA » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:31 am

alakazam^ wrote:He went to Heaven as punishment because he'd enjoy Hell.
Yes, I'm aware, that's completely beside the point though. He'd enjoy Hell because he's a demon, and Makai is pretty much an hardcore version of Hell. Not because he is evil, good or neutral. You can say demons are predisposed to evil though. All of I'm saying is speculation anyway. Maybe they are truly all evil and I'm talking bollocks.
Sandubadear wrote:That's why I think it's SSJ3. After Nappa and Raditz, only Tullece, King Vegeta, and Tarble are missing it.
And Paragus, and Selipa, and Toma, and Panpukin, etc., etc.. No one is "missing it", everyone has an equal chance at whatever form they decide to give them.
Dragon Box Archives, in search of the best possible releases.

Join our Discord server!

User avatar
ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1365
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:40 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:21 am

I'm calling it now: Broly is getting a Dark Dragon Ball, but I don't know if it will be SS4 Broly, though/
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

User avatar
Lord Frieza
I Live Here
Posts: 3704
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:36 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:01 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:I'm calling it now: Broly is getting a Dark Dragon Ball, but I don't know if it will be SS4 Broly, though/
If he's not I'll be shocked.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5381
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:16 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:19 pm

I wonder if Baby Vegeta will get one, if they'll do GT at all.

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6204
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:31 pm

I'm pretty sure they'll stick with movie villains, considering it's missing just three Dark Dragon Balls, the next ones might be Cooler, Broly and Janemba or Broly, Janemba and Hirudegarn, since these ones are the most popular villains from the movies.

Too bad for Garlic Jr, Wheelo, Bojack and all of their fans.

User avatar
Goresh
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 151
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Goresh » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:49 pm

Grimlock wrote:I'm pretty sure they'll stick with movie villains, considering it's missing just three Dark Dragon Balls, the next ones might be Cooler, Broly and Janemba or Broly, Janemba and Hirudegarn, since these ones are the most popular villains from the movies.

Too bad for Garlic Jr, Wheelo, Bojack and all of their fans.
That's a pretty good prediction I would say. By far the most popular movie character in Japan is Broly. He's probably even more popular than Cell to be honest. The only thing is, they've done so many story missions with Broly already that I'm not sure what they would add to him. Maybe just give him the dark dragon ball in his LSSJ state? Or maybe have him transform into an Oozaru? Anyway I think it's definitely safe to say that he will be the centerpiece of a future mission. Janemba is also a good bet. So that leaves 1 more, which is completely up in the air. Even though it sounds pretty far-fetched, I'd like to see Beerus with a dark dragon ball.

Rouge the Bat
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:59 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rouge the Bat » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:15 pm

Thank you for the translation, alakazam^, I really like the manga!!...

User avatar
Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:22 am
Location: Poland

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Mnich » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:32 pm

I'm still waiting for Omega Shenron with seven Dark Dragon Balls.

User avatar
Rinsankajugin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 493
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:50 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:03 pm

Off-camera footage of the trailer from someone else.

It seems they might be teasing a new form for Turles. I wonder what it could be...

User avatar
Zero-ELEC
Newbie
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:16 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Zero-ELEC » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:30 pm

I wonder, what's the name for the generic Makai goons? The soldiers that appeared with the ships in earlier PVs.

User avatar
ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5711
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:03 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:36 pm

Who's the new masked person?

User avatar
Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:46 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dragotaker » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:41 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:I wonder if Baby Vegeta will get one, if they'll do GT at all.
That would be awesome specially if he ends up transforming into his own SS4 version which he was very close to do since he was a Golden Great Ape in his last battle
Mnich wrote:I'm still waiting for Omega Shenron with seven Dark Dragon Balls.
I also would like to see this i mind the whole premise of his power were the Dragon Balls, him absorbing all of them or at least just one causing him to transform into a stronger enemy, it has to happen.

Man i already had forgot about that livestream, i'm glad there was new stuff on it after all, the new characters are cool and really hyped for Turles and whatever his new form is, he really was in need of some love, really hoping to see GT for at least once in a set of this mission, do we even know how long the whole thing will be??? i thought since is about Dragon Balls there had to be at least seven sets minimum but i hope ends up being more because i'm really digging this mission.

User avatar
TheDevilsCorpse
Moderator
Posts: 11377
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am
Contact:

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:42 pm

Zero-ELEC wrote:I wonder, what's the name for the generic Makai goons? The soldiers that appeared with the ships in earlier PVs.
Demon Realm Soldier, Demon Realm Soldier Σ, and Demon Realm Soldier Ω.
ArchedThunder wrote:Who's the new masked person?
"Masked Man", for now.

I'm almost certain it's King Vegeta though. Saiyan gloves and boots, looks kinda tall, cloaked in red, mask seems to have a widows peak, and he has the single gold band on his right arm.

He speaks in the trailer too (which causes Vegeta to react), but I'm not familiar enough with King Vegeta's most recent actor to know if it's him?
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

User avatar
ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5711
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:03 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:01 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:Who's the new masked person?
"Masked Man", for now.

I'm almost certain it's King Vegeta though. Saiyan gloves and boots, looks kinda tall, cloaked in red, mask seems to have a widows peak, and he has the single gold band on his right arm.

He speaks in the trailer too (which causes Vegeta to react), but I'm not familiar enough with King Vegeta's most recent actor to know if it's him?
At first I was like "That's kinda lame" but then I thought about it. Bardock has gotten so much love, it's about time King Vegeta gets some too.

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6204
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:18 pm

I'm pretty sure Bardock doesn't have anything to do with King Vegeta's popularity or if him gets something or not. It's not because one gets love and the other doesn't that the one who gets is to be blamed. Maybe I got it wrong, but that's the impression you left.

Post Reply