"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sat May 12, 2018 5:11 pm

A note:
Goku's berserk form is "Super Saiyan: Berserk"(or "Out of Control" however one might prefer), while Kale's is just "Berserker"

That said: there are design differences between Golden Coola and Final Form Coola, beside the mouthplate?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat May 12, 2018 5:37 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote:A note:
Goku's berserk form is "Super Saiyan: Berserk"(or "Out of Control" however one might prefer), while Kale's is just "Berserker"
It seems Heroes doesn't specify which transformation Kale is using, and the "berserk" is more related to her state, she is uncontrollable and happens to be Super Saiyan. While adding "berserk" to the Super Saiyan name gives us the idea that it is actually the Super Saiyan form that is out of control, which makes sense because it affected even the lightnings of the Super Saiyan 2 form, turning them black. It is a slight difference between being berserk and one's transformation being berserk, but a difference nonetheless.

Just food for thought.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sat May 12, 2018 5:43 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:I'm curious to know the identity of this Hannibal Lecter Saiyan.
One of the more popular theories in the Japanese fandom now is that he might be one of(like the main one) the Evil Saiyans Yamoshi faught that made him become SSJ
It's funny how people thinks these days, now every Saiyan new stuff is related to Yamoshi somehow lol
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Sat May 12, 2018 6:59 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:Golden Cooler, for the hype they put on him, seems very disappointing.

Really looking forward to seeing who this arc uses (even though I expect Broly to be in there somewhere for the money) I'd like to see a Xeno King Vegeta on the good side to go with Bardock and fuse with him
I think this arc is going to focus on all the villians they didn't use in the previous one or at least some of them so no more broly for a while, i really really wanna see Ozotto too, btw since the mission already came out whats the deal with Bojack?? Did he drop off already??

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sat May 12, 2018 7:14 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
S3 Hendrix wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:I'm curious to know the identity of this Hannibal Lecter Saiyan.
One of the more popular theories in the Japanese fandom now is that he might be one of(like the main one) the Evil Saiyans Yamoshi faught that made him become SSJ
It's funny how people thinks these days, now every Saiyan new stuff is related to Yamoshi somehow lol
Except that’s part of yamoshi’s lore is that evil saiyans cornered him and made him go ssj

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sat May 12, 2018 7:15 pm

Dragotaker wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:Golden Cooler, for the hype they put on him, seems very disappointing.

Really looking forward to seeing who this arc uses (even though I expect Broly to be in there somewhere for the money) I'd like to see a Xeno King Vegeta on the good side to go with Bardock and fuse with him
I think this arc is going to focus on all the villians they didn't use in the previous one or at least some of them so no more broly for a while, i really really wanna see Ozotto too, btw since the mission already came out whats the deal with Bojack?? Did he drop off already??
Goku and vegeta easily defeated Bojack and his goons

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Sat May 12, 2018 7:24 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote:
Dragotaker wrote:

Goku and vegeta easily defeated Bojack and his goons
Damm so no new cool powerful transformation for him?? That's just weird and very unlike heroes, he got screwed bad what was the point of him coming back??

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Sat May 12, 2018 7:42 pm

That said: there are design differences between Golden Coola and Final Form Coola, beside the mouthplate?
"Super Saiyan Berserk/Out of Control" is also used to refer to Kale's form (see: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZ-hc48WAAAc62r.jpg and other examples).
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Goresh » Sat May 12, 2018 8:29 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:

"Super Saiyan Berserk/Out of Control" is also used to refer to Kale's form (see: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZ-hc48WAAAc62r.jpg and other examples).
In Dragon Ball Heroes, Kale's "berserk" form is referred to as simply 暴走 or Berserk.

With this new Goku card, his form is referred to as 超サイヤ人:暴走 or Super Saiyan: Berserk.

So the wording itself is different, which implies that the forms are not 100% identical. Not sure how big of a deal this is though. Probably just heroes being heroes.

Ozotto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ozotto » Sun May 13, 2018 11:35 am

Did Xeno goku debut in the Heroes Game or Manga first?

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sun May 13, 2018 2:44 pm

Ozotto wrote:Did Xeno goku debut in the Heroes Game or Manga first?
I think it's in the game because Goku Xeno is around since the God Missions, and the manga only started with SDBH.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Sun May 13, 2018 6:51 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote:That said: there are design differences between Golden Coola and Final Form Coola, beside the mouthplate?
Golden form also adds some spikes to the front of his legs. Beyond that I don't think there's much of a difference.

I wonder if Cooler could also go Golden in his regular form, since that's supposed to be the same form as Frieza's final form.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun May 13, 2018 7:15 pm

Guys, it has been said a couple of times here already and is pretty much known that what is supposed to be the same form as Freeza's final form is called "fourth form" for Cooler too. This is also why Cooler says that he has one more transformation, his fifth form (as officially called in some sources). It is also possible and common to alternatively call Freeza final form as "Freeza fourth form".

Since there are no official sources stating that Cooler fourth form is his base/born form (whatever you wanna call it), then Dragon Ball Heroes is the first one to confirm that the fifth form is Cooler's base/born form. Also, keep in mind that Toriyama wants simple designs, that is why Golden Form doesn't change much from the final form, Heroes just followed the trend. This does not mean Golden Form is just a powered-up state of the final form, it is a whole new transformation, apart from the base/born form.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun May 13, 2018 10:16 pm

Grimlock wrote:...then Dragon Ball Heroes is the first one to confirm that the fifth form is Cooler's base/born form.
This still isn't quite the place for the discussion, but you have a habit of seeing the confirmation you want to see when there isn't necessarily any to find. There are a handful of sources that paint the picture we've gone by for so long, which is why we went by it. Daizenshuu 6's entry for DBZ Movie 6 and Daizenshuu 7's Character & Attack Dictionaries for Coola reinforce his "normal form" is his equivalent to what we know as Freeza's true form. The entry for the film also states his transformation is a further "Super Evolution" like Freeza's gold form was coined an "Ultimate Evolution".
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sun May 13, 2018 11:17 pm

So, the DBS version of Trunks known as Prison Planet Trunks has a new outfit.
Is there a new card for this Trunks? If so, how do the stats compare to the previous version?
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon May 14, 2018 1:48 am

Grimlock wrote:Guys, it has been said a couple of times here already and is pretty much known that what is supposed to be the same form as Freeza's final form is called "fourth form" for Cooler too. This is also why Cooler says that he has one more transformation, his fifth form (as officially called in some sources). It is also possible and common to alternatively call Freeza final form as "Freeza fourth form".

Since there are no official sources stating that Cooler fourth form is his base/born form (whatever you wanna call it), then Dragon Ball Heroes is the first one to confirm that the fifth form is Cooler's base/born form. Also, keep in mind that Toriyama wants simple designs, that is why Golden Form doesn't change much from the final form, Heroes just followed the trend. This does not mean Golden Form is just a powered-up state of the final form, it is a whole new transformation, apart from the base/born form.
thats not the case grimlock, not at all

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Mon May 14, 2018 3:18 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:So, the DBS version of Trunks known as Prison Planet Trunks
Actually, isn't still "Trunks: Future"?

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Mon May 14, 2018 7:02 pm

If Cooler's Final form is called a Super Evolution, and Frieza's Golden form is called an Ultimate Evolution, I'm gonna say Cooler's Golden Final form is a Super Ultimate Evolution.

I mean no official source is ever gonna call it that, but doesn't it have a nice ring?

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu May 17, 2018 6:24 am

I hear rumblings heroes may be getting an anime.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu May 17, 2018 6:33 am

We’re getting a freakin anime!!!! I know TheDevilsCorpse, Makaioshin, and ArchedThunder must be hella hyped for this shit!!!!!
And so the fuck am i!!!!!

I just really hope its a seasonal anime and that it donesn’t Interfere with the production of the movie
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"