"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Wilderness
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 pm
Location: Basildon, Essex, UK
Contact:

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Wilderness » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:33 am

Grimlock wrote:
Wilderness wrote:It’s not a hybrid form. As the user you quoted mentioned, it’s just a Super Oozaru that carries the aesthetic over from its Super Saipan form, much like Radditz in this case.
"Super Oozaru" isn't even written in the image. And yes, it is a hybrid form, we can see it's still regular Cumber, but with Oozaru hands and face.
YonedgeHP wrote:Other Golden Ōzaru users were referred simply as "Ōzaru" in Heroes, there's no need to distinguish them.
"Other users" you mean just Gogeta, and he is referred to as "Golden Oozaru" indeed.

Image
You’re referring to an image that doesn’t have a card print yet, with any official card-name to go with it. Hatchiyak in the same picture clearly has a new form but has no name.

I would genuinely be pleased if I’m wrong, but you really need to get out of this habit of thinking your theories or opinions are absolute fact.
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

gantarat
Newbie
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 3:33 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by gantarat » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:16 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:And yet that didn't stop people from all over the internet to use the arcade as "undeniable proof" than SSB was stronger than SSJ4 in the past few months.
In context of the franchise as a whole though, the divine ki and what that tends to imply is that it's greater than a simpler, beastly upgrade. We dont tend to rank mortals above gods conceptually.
Tell that to freezer,hit,jien,cumber and broly.

User avatar
mahakaishin1991
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:15 am

gantarat wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:And yet that didn't stop people from all over the internet to use the arcade as "undeniable proof" than SSB was stronger than SSJ4 in the past few months.
In context of the franchise as a whole though, the divine ki and what that tends to imply is that it's greater than a simpler, beastly upgrade. We dont tend to rank mortals above gods conceptually.
Tell that to freezer,hit,jien,cumber and broly.
freeza is a freak of nature, I'm referring specifically to saiyans in canon.

But if you want to strictly make it about heroes, then we know goku in blue is better than his super saiyan 4 xeno counterpart so, yeah.

gantarat
Newbie
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 3:33 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by gantarat » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:51 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
gantarat wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
In context of the franchise as a whole though, the divine ki and what that tends to imply is that it's greater than a simpler, beastly upgrade. We dont tend to rank mortals above gods conceptually.
Tell that to freezer,hit,jien,cumber and broly.
freeza is a freak of nature, I'm referring specifically to saiyans in canon.

But if you want to strictly make it about heroes,then we know goku in blue is better than his super saiyan 4 xeno counterpart so, yeah.
problem is xeno goku didn't lose to cc goku in super heroes manga or anime.

User avatar
mahakaishin1991
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:56 am

gantarat wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
gantarat wrote:
Tell that to freezer,hit,jien,cumber and broly.
freeza is a freak of nature, I'm referring specifically to saiyans in canon.

But if you want to strictly make it about heroes,then we know goku in blue is better than his super saiyan 4 xeno counterpart so, yeah.
problem is xeno goku didn't lose to cc goku in super heroes manga or anime.
He doesn't win either, and I'm referring to the games, which is where we are drawing notes on comparing the two vegitos.

Personally I would rather wait and see how the game runs the story, since the anime and manga differ in how Kamba is dealt with

gantarat
Newbie
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 3:33 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by gantarat » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:06 am

Cumber will lose and retreat to comback in next mission again.
Whatever what happend to cc vegeta and mai ? they are not in Universe Mission 5 trailer ? and how xeno vegeta come to prison planet ?

User avatar
Saturnine
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1470
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:45 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Saturnine » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:11 am

Wasn't Xeno Goku mentioned to be empowered by godly ki, which explains why his ssj4 can throw down with SSj Blue Goku?

If you're as strong as a SSj God in base, then obviously SSj4 is going to take you places. Duh.

User avatar
mahakaishin1991
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:16 pm

Saturnine wrote:Wasn't Xeno Goku mentioned to be empowered by godly ki, which explains why his ssj4 can throw down with SSj Blue Goku?

If you're as strong as a SSj God in base, then obviously SSj4 is going to take you places. Duh.
Only in the DS port with a seperate story mode that doesnt occur in the main versions. Then again the ports actually give frigging goten attention so it's completely up in the air.

It also doesnt matter too much since Goku Xeno in the port only god SS God and not Blue, which he still is falling behind, though not by much apparently.

User avatar
ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7811
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:27 am
Location: Split, Croatia

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:18 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Saturnine wrote:Wasn't Xeno Goku mentioned to be empowered by godly ki, which explains why his ssj4 can throw down with SSj Blue Goku?

If you're as strong as a SSj God in base, then obviously SSj4 is going to take you places. Duh.
Only in the DS port with a seperate story mode that doesnt occur in the main versions. Then again the ports actually give frigging goten attention so it's completely up in the air.

It also doesnt matter too much since Goku Xeno in the port only god SS God and not Blue, which he still is falling behind, though not by much apparently.
Was not aware of that, honestly, it seems like figuring out whatever the background for the Heroes stuff seems like a nightmare.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

User avatar
mahakaishin1991
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:37 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Saturnine wrote:Wasn't Xeno Goku mentioned to be empowered by godly ki, which explains why his ssj4 can throw down with SSj Blue Goku?

If you're as strong as a SSj God in base, then obviously SSj4 is going to take you places. Duh.
Only in the DS port with a seperate story mode that doesnt occur in the main versions. Then again the ports actually give frigging goten attention so it's completely up in the air.

It also doesnt matter too much since Goku Xeno in the port only god SS God and not Blue, which he still is falling behind, though not by much apparently.
Was not aware of that, honestly, it seems like figuring out whatever the background for the Heroes stuff seems like a nightmare.
I'd rather try to build a giant hadron collider in my backyard than try to work out the mess that is placing the Xeno characters and Heroes in general into proper powerscaling because they way this is going Kanba is already solo-ing most of the TOP without even getting out of his damn jacket

User avatar
ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7811
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:27 am
Location: Split, Croatia

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:48 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:I'd rather try to build a giant hadron collider in my backyard than try to work out the mess that is placing the Xeno characters and Heroes in general into proper powerscaling because they way this is going Kanba is already solo-ing most of the TOP without even getting out of his damn jacket
I think Kanba is thoroughly above anyone in the ToP just because Vegetto needs to stack KK on Blue just to take him on in his BASE form. That's not even going into Kanba's SS or Golden Oozaru forms.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

User avatar
TheDevilsCorpse
Moderator
Posts: 11375
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am
Contact:

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:01 pm

Grimlock wrote:"Super Oozaru" isn't even written in the image. And yes, it is a hybrid form, we can see it's still regular Cumber, but with Oozaru hands and face.

"Other users" you mean just Gogeta, and he is referred to as "Golden Oozaru" indeed.
[spoiler]ImageImage[/spoiler]

Card only says Ozaru Broli on the front, the same as "Ozaru Cumber". Guess Broli has a hybrid form, too, since he shares the unique hairstyle and clothes from a previous form, like Cumber.

Or, maybe, they're just generalizing with the character's name for the sake of the announcement, and the back of it will specify the form more clearly for Cumber like others typically do.

This is why you don't make assumptions based on so little official information and present them as facts.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5370
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:21 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Card only says Ozaru Broli on the front, the same as "Ozaru Cumber". Guess Broli has a hybrid form, too, since he shares the unique hairstyle and clothes from a previous form, like Cumber.
I had in mind Broly's case when I submitted that post, I knew that the card labels Broly's Oozaru form just as "Oozaru" even though it is green.

We don't know what's going on for Broly, why is green and why the clothes are still there, but I actually don't care enough to give him too much thought. With him out of the way, there was only Gogeta that appeared with a Golden Oozaru form, the old and regular Golden Oozaru. And we don't know how the Metamoran clothes work, so it may be possible that they can stretch.
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Or, maybe, they're just generalizing with the character's name for the sake of the announcement, and the back of it will specify the form more clearly for Cumber like others typically do.

This is why you don't make assumptions based on so little official information and present them as facts.
They will probably explain, that is why I said in another post "it's written Oozaru Cumber but obviously there's more to it". I don't see any problem in making assumptions though, this is a general thing to do when anything and everything is announced/revealed. Now, I kinda see the "present them as facts", to which I'm sorry, but it's not like I will add "this is my opinion" at the end of every line. Obviously I'm talking based on what we can see.
Games - You are weak. Why are you weak?
Dragon Ball Super - *coughes*
Games - Because you lack... Content.

User avatar
TheDevilsCorpse
Moderator
Posts: 11375
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am
Contact:

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:30 pm

Heroes is gaining more prominence in the fandom, and there are far more lurking eyes on the threads than just the people who usually visit to discuss the content. Your constant statements of things like "it is a hybrid form" rather than at least "it might be a hybrid form" presents your opinions as facts. And if you present something as a fact, it doesn't take long before someone uniformed on the topics starts spreading it around like one.

For someone who gets so upset at others for not covering all the details and for spreading misinformation, you're doing a decent job of putting yourself in that position.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

User avatar
Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here
Posts: 2513
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:06 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:48 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:I'd rather try to build a giant hadron collider in my backyard than try to work out the mess that is placing the Xeno characters and Heroes in general into proper powerscaling because they way this is going Kanba is already solo-ing most of the TOP without even getting out of his damn jacket
I think Kanba is thoroughly above anyone in the ToP just because Vegetto needs to stack KK on Blue just to take him on in his BASE form. That's not even going into Kanba's SS or Golden Oozaru forms.
If a pair made up of 2 Super Saiyan Blues like Son Goku and Vegeta from the Prison Planet Saga who are at the very least stronger than they ever were as Super Saiyan Blues during the Tournament of Power are still absolutely nothing but mere Blue Ghost Fireflies when compared to Kanba, then the latter Saiyan must be of comparable strength to Beerus and Jiren. Anyways, do we have any proof of Vegito Blue: Kaioken and Super Saiyan Kanba being comparable to each another such as being just as strong, stronger, or weaker than the other?

User avatar
mahakaishin1991
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:50 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:I'd rather try to build a giant hadron collider in my backyard than try to work out the mess that is placing the Xeno characters and Heroes in general into proper powerscaling because they way this is going Kanba is already solo-ing most of the TOP without even getting out of his damn jacket
I think Kanba is thoroughly above anyone in the ToP just because Vegetto needs to stack KK on Blue just to take him on in his BASE form. That's not even going into Kanba's SS or Golden Oozaru forms.
If a pair made up of 2 Super Saiyan Blues like Son Goku and Vegeta from the Prison Planet Saga who are at the very least stronger than they ever were as Super Saiyan Blues during the Tournament of Power are still absolutely nothing but mere Blue Ghost Fireflies when compared to Kanba, then the latter Saiyan must be of comparable strength to Beerus and Jiren. Anyways, do we have any proof of Vegito Blue: Kaioken and Super Saiyan Kanba being comparable to each another such as being just as strong, stronger, or weaker than the other?
Given the fact Kanba canonical manages to outlast the fusion timer and isnt defeated, transforms and the absolutely wallops Goku in a bog standard super saiyan 1 form would indicate a lot to his power.

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5370
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:54 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Heroes is gaining more prominence in the fandom, and there are far more lurking eyes on the threads than just the people who usually visit to discuss the content. Your constant statements of things like "it is a hybrid form" rather than at least "it might be a hybrid form" presents your opinions as facts. And if you present something as a fact, it doesn't take long before someone uniformed on the topics starts spreading it around like one.
Alright, I'll try to use more "may"/"might" then. Though, it's not like I'm calling apples "oranges". We see Cumber's regular body with Oozaru hands and face... From where I come from the idea of mixing characteristics of different species is called "hybridization". If Heroes will use that word and its meaning or not is actually another issue. I'm talking specifically about what we can see from that image.
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:For someone who gets so upset at others for not covering all the details and for spreading misinformation, you're doing a decent job of putting yourself in that position.
No, I'm not spreading any misinformation, as I'm not a kind of "messenger of information" using any social media with a public following me. I'm just a user on a forum chatting about it.
Games - You are weak. Why are you weak?
Dragon Ball Super - *coughes*
Games - Because you lack... Content.

User avatar
Wilderness
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 pm
Location: Basildon, Essex, UK
Contact:

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Wilderness » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:09 pm

Grimlock wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Heroes is gaining more prominence in the fandom, and there are far more lurking eyes on the threads than just the people who usually visit to discuss the content. Your constant statements of things like "it is a hybrid form" rather than at least "it might be a hybrid form" presents your opinions as facts. And if you present something as a fact, it doesn't take long before someone uniformed on the topics starts spreading it around like one.
Alright, I'll try to use more "may"/"might" then. Though, it's not like I'm calling apples "oranges". We see Cumber's regular body with Oozaru hands and face... From where I come from the idea of mixing characteristics of different species is called "hybridization". If Heroes will use that word and its meaning or not is actually another issue. I'm talking specifically about what we can see from that image.
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:For someone who gets so upset at others for not covering all the details and for spreading misinformation, you're doing a decent job of putting yourself in that position.
No, I'm not spreading any misinformation, as I'm not a kind of "messenger of information" using any social media with a public following me. I'm just a user on a forum chatting about it, I can be right, I can be wrong. But people are calling him "Super/Golden Oozaru Cumber", which is also may be wrong and may be a worse case than mine because unlike the "hybrid vibes" that the image does pass, nothing in it suggests that it is "Super/Golden Oozaru", the tail is golden but probably because Cumber is in Super Saiyan (3?) form. Will you tell them that they are spreding misinformation too?
I think the issue is that no-one else is being even half as stubborn as you, and that’s applicable across the board in the past months. You push your opinion onto people like it’s absolute, but are very quick to go against anyone else who does that, even when they’re doing it at a much lesser degree.

On topic with what the form is, there is much more evidence to suggest it is a Super Oozaru - you only need to go by the consistent aesthetic from previous entries to see that. It could very well be something entirely different, or even closer to what you think it is, but we have what I believe to he stronger evidence for the Oozaru.
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5370
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:16 pm

Wilderness wrote:I think the issue is that no-one else is being even half as stubborn as you, and that’s applicable across the board in the past months. You push your opinion onto people like it’s absolute, but are very quick to go against anyone else who does that, even when they’re doing it at a much lesser degree.
No I do not. What unfortunately happens is me expressing myself wrong/using wrong words. I get that "it is" is strong but that's how things are passing in my head when I'm typing it, it may be clear to me but maybe not to others. And then you (plural) read too literal and take it personal so easily that unfortunate cases like this happens. But anyways.
Wilderness wrote:On topic with what the form is, there is much more evidence to suggest it is a Super Oozaru - you only need to go by the consistent aesthetic from previous entries to see that. It could very well be something entirely different, or even closer to what you think it is, but we have what I believe to he stronger evidence for the Oozaru.
I don't know about "Super Oozaru", but I took a closer look and we can see golden fur too, so I removed that text from my previous post.
Last edited by Grimlock on Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games - You are weak. Why are you weak?
Dragon Ball Super - *coughes*
Games - Because you lack... Content.

User avatar
Dark_Tzitzimine
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 486
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:15 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:19 pm

Anyways, so what is the more likely outcome for the Universal Missions?

-SSJ4 Vegito and SSB Vegito Team up
-SSJ4 Vegito and SSB Gogeta Team Up
-SSJ4 Gogeta and SSB Gogeta Team Up
-A fusion between any combination of the previous pairs
-Goku Xeno and Super Goku team up
-Both Gokus fuse

Post Reply