"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theshinobi

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by theshinobi » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:54 pm

Not really a spoiler, but Vegito SSJ4 is not that bad.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:36 pm

I wonder why they made him standard SSJ4 colors.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:01 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:I wonder why they made him standard SSJ4 colors.
I'm split on this as well mostly because I cant decide if its overly simple compared to the Goku, Vegeta and Gogeta's design or its %100 consistent with how you'd at the very least expect his hair to be, the bright red fur on the bright red pants is clashing too though. I think for the first time i'd actually prefer they Jazz it up a bit like they did everything else :lol: .. He still look pretty cool though.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:31 pm

What did you expect?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:35 pm

Probably brown fur and red hair, like Gogeta.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:33 pm

Probably to differentiate him from Gogeta.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:58 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
What did you expect?
Not the normal colors, like Gogeta. Either Gogeta's colors or some other variation.
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Probably to differentiate him from Gogeta.
He's already got different hair, now he just looks like any regular SSJ4.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:02 pm

Yeah, something like that would be better:

But Heroes sucks with new transformation designs, I'll never forgive them for abandoning the golden tail while in SSJ state.

by Doctor.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:57 am

jeffbr92 wrote:Yeah, something like that would be better:

But Heroes sucks with new transformation designs, I'll never forgive them for abandoning the golden tail while in SSJ state.
That was abandoned long before Heroes. Blame the later episodes of Dragon Ball GT, the concept of golden tails are thrown aside by the time the Shadow Dragons appear.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:26 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:
What did you expect?
Not the normal colors, like Gogeta. Either Gogeta's colors or some other variation.
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Probably to differentiate him from Gogeta.
He's already got different hair, now he just looks like any regular SSJ4.
I think they deliberately avoided the Gogeta colour scheme in order to seperate him visually from the other fusion as much as possible

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:31 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote: I think they deliberately avoided the Gogeta colour scheme in order to seperate him visually from the other fusion as much as possible
But all that does is make him less distinct from the other SSJ4s.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:38 am

ShadowBardock89 wrote:That was abandoned long before Heroes. Blame the later episodes of Dragon Ball GT, the concept of golden tails are thrown aside by the time the Shadow Dragons appear.
Nah, GT was only inconsistent with that, but then Heroes stop it using it and in EoB too.

by Doctor.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:01 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote: I think they deliberately avoided the Gogeta colour scheme in order to seperate him visually from the other fusion as much as possible
Same as Vegito's other transformations then.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:09 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
How distinct were the other super saiyan fours really though? they just had different pants and either gloves or wristbands and a mullet with a different mess on top.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:27 pm

theshinobi wrote:Not really a spoiler, but Vegito SSJ4 is not that bad.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
He looks better here (i don't like those 3D cutscenes) but he is still nothing special compared to Gogeta.
Overall all those new SSJ4 forms seem very regular. The ones showed in series were more different in appearance, with Gogeta having red hair and dark fur and Goku and Vegeta having different clothing.
The only exception is Broly Dark because his fur is much darker (like his name didn't suggest that yet).

The only good side of this is that if SSJ4 was simplified to the same color of fur and hair with no changes in clothing, then there is much higher chance of custom characters having it in Xenoverse or other games. Otherwise characters would need different hair color, fur color and unique clothes.
ShadowBardock89 wrote: That was abandoned long before Heroes. Blame the later episodes of Dragon Ball GT, the concept of golden tails are thrown aside by the time the Shadow Dragons appear.
Actually it was already abandoned in Super 17 saga with Kamehameha X10 becoming red.
Gogeta SSJ and Vegito SSJ have the same hair color yet you can easily tell which one of them is Gogeta and which one is Vegito.
I don't see a reason why wouldn't it work for SSJ4. They could always change a shade slightly like giving him a brown hair. Vegito actually has brown hair in base in many arts so SSJ4 Vegito could have it as well instead of black.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:59 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
Gogeta SSJ and Vegito SSJ have the same hair color yet you can easily tell which one of them is Gogeta and which one is Vegito.
I don't see a reason why wouldn't it work for SSJ4. They could always change a shade slightly like giving him a brown hair. Vegito actually has brown hair in base in many arts so SSJ4 Vegito could have it as well instead of black.

well yeah ss will have the same hair colour... the thing is their outfits make it more obvious that they are different. Thing with SS4 is that the overall design becomes closer by furry upper body, red fur, baggy pants and a mullet. I think the colours were chosen to divorce him from that and make sure the two are as different a spossible.

Vegito's hair having a brownish tint is something I always assumed was down to the fact in parts of Z, Vegeta's hair is depicted with a red tinge, even after the infamous red hair debut, depending on how much lighting was considered in shot. His father having a dark brown colour, this makes sense. I suppose they wanted to play up Vegeta's hairstyle with Goku's colouring, since the Gogeta of GT had goku hairstyle but red hair?

I suspect it was to draw on different aspects of the fusees, or perhaps this is just how the Xeno timeline one is?

Brown on Red on more red isnt as easy on the eye without the black to compliment it

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:50 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
How distinct were the other super saiyan fours really though? they just had different pants and either gloves or wristbands and a mullet with a different mess on top.
That's my point, outside of Gogeta they aren't, so it's lame that the other fusion doesn't have a design that stands out.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:37 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
That's my point, outside of Gogeta they aren't, so it's lame that the other fusion doesn't have a design that stands out.
Thing is, I think this Vegito is satisfactor for not doing the same colours as Gogeta, but still.

I'd like to think if Bardocks squad got SS4, their fur would be their respective colours (blue for Tora, Pink for Fasha/Celipa depending where you are, etc)

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:56 pm

Caulifla would look good as SSJ4, hope to see that on the future.

by Doctor.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:21 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:Caulifla would look good as SSJ4, hope to see that on the future.
Now, I wonder how they would censor the loss of shirt, and fully visible chest... Although fan drawings already solved that.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]