"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Bullza
Banned
Posts: 8621
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:48 am
Location: UK

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Bullza » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:31 am

I lose track of what goes on with this but did Alakazam translate Chapter 3 and 4 of Universe Mission?

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6534
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:37 am

Everyone from Movie 1 will be treated as a separated character. Also, some new Saiyan. Probably the one seen with Paragus in the trailer? He got a name: ビーツ.
Where is King Vegeta: BR, Heroes!? Just noticed, kid Goku with armor is already in the game, but not labeled as "BR" obviously. How is Heroes supposed to handle that I wonder. :think:

RichardKing2
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:06 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by RichardKing2 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:34 am

Grimlock wrote:Everyone from Movie 1 will be treated as a separated character. Also, some new Saiyan. Probably the one seen with Paragus in the trailer? He got a name: ビーツ.
Where is King Vegeta: BR, Heroes!? Just noticed, kid Goku with armor is already in the game, but not labeled as "BR" obviously. How is Heroes supposed to handle that I wonder. :think:
is that ssj, or ssj3 cumber in that picture?
Last edited by RichardKing2 on Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5711
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:03 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:51 am

Super Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission for Nintendo Switch scan
This would be the perfect time to bring the game to the west. DB is at peek popularity right now, the Switch and games on it are doing great, including DB games, the game is focused only on SDBH so it only has 1160 cards and it doesn't have a ton of legacy content to translate, and the name is even World Mission, which sounds perfect for the game to finally come out of Japan.
Grimlock wrote:Everyone from Movie 1 will be treated as a separated character. Also, some new Saiyan. Probably the one seen with Paragus in the trailer? He got a name: ビーツ.
Where is King Vegeta: BR, Heroes!? Just noticed, kid Goku with armor is already in the game, but not labeled as "BR" obviously. How is Heroes supposed to handle that I wonder. :think:
You can see King Vegeta on Beets' card.

User avatar
Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here
Posts: 3236
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:06 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:05 pm

RichardKing2 wrote:
Grimlock wrote:Everyone from Movie 1 will be treated as a separated character. Also, some new Saiyan. Probably the one seen with Paragus in the trailer? He got a name: ビーツ.
Where is King Vegeta: BR, Heroes!? Just noticed, kid Goku with armor is already in the game, but not labeled as "BR" obviously. How is Heroes supposed to handle that I wonder. :think:
is that ssj, or ssj3 cumber in that picture?
Super Saiyan 3 Kanba.

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6534
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:06 pm

RichardKing2 wrote:is that ssj, or ssj3 cumber in that picture?
Super Saiyan 3. Hopefully... Just hopefully there will be a mission where Cumber displays his Super Saiyan 2. That's all I ask.
ArchedThunder wrote:You can see King Vegeta on Beets' card.
Yeah, but I would like to see his card already. It's nice that everyone will get a new model too, since I like Heroes new graphics, wonder how Bardock and King Vegeta will look like.

User avatar
SSJmole
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1017
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:17 am
Location: uk

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by SSJmole » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:24 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:Super Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission for Nintendo Switch scan
This would be the perfect time to bring the game to the west. DB is at peek popularity right now, the Switch and games on it are doing great, including DB games, the game is focused only on SDBH so it only has 1160 cards and it doesn't have a ton of legacy content to translate, and the name is even World Mission, which sounds perfect for the game to finally come out of Japan.

I want it! Never played the games so no idea how they play but I'd buy that

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6534
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:29 pm

Guys, there is already a thread to discuss the Switch version.

Can someone translate this? I think it explains the "BR".

Image

User avatar
Goresh
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 151
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Goresh » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:42 pm

Grimlock wrote:Guys, there is already a thread to discuss the Switch version.

Can someone translate this? I think it explains the "BR".

Image
It just says that BR is a tag that will differentiate known characters with different designs that will appear in the movie Dragon Ball Super Broly.

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6534
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:04 pm

Yeah, so pretty much "BR" can only stand for "BRoly" as in the title of the movie. Thanks.

User avatar
kizuki
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:35 pm
Location: New York

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by kizuki » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:54 pm

Rakurai wrote:
Goresh wrote:
S3 Hendrix wrote:
It’s been tested at 2 so far and both where comic con, SDCC and NYCC(which was the most recent event) it did amazing both times and was extremely packed
I was at NYCC and they did not have it there. I even asked around for it and they said they only had it at SDCC.
Can confirm, was at NYCC and zero sightings of DBH arcades anywhere.

Next time it would be better if posters here don't jump to conclusions like it was in SDCC so it must've been at NYCC and did just as well. The fact that it wasn't in NYCC just doesn't bode too well for an overseas localization imo.
Crap, that sucks. I was actually on the fence for going to NYCC this year and decided not to, and main reason would have been to play and support this game. Didn’t realize it never made it to any of the other stops, especially surprised it wasn’t at NYCC. I agree, not a good look overall for the localization factor here.

I’m hoping we get some love in the US with this game, though. Maybe they’re going to roll the dice and localize the new Switch game that just got leaked/announced instead since it makes more sense on this side of the world. Truth be told, I didn’t expect the arcade version to have a shot of getting here.

User avatar
Rakurai
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1258
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:48 pm
Contact:

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rakurai » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:27 pm

Interestingly enough, Bardock's attack is called "Rebellion Fang."

Though it might just be a homage to his old version, perhaps DBS Bardock will also end up the same way as Z era Bardock...
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

User avatar
Rakurai
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1258
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:48 pm
Contact:

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rakurai » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:28 pm

kizuki wrote:
Crap, that sucks. I was actually on the fence for going to NYCC this year and decided not to, and main reason would have been to play and support this game. Didn’t realize it never made it to any of the other stops, especially surprised it wasn’t at NYCC. I agree, not a good look overall for the localization factor here.

I’m hoping we get some love in the US with this game, though. Maybe they’re going to roll the dice and localize the new Switch game that just got leaked/announced instead since it makes more sense on this side of the world. Truth be told, I didn’t expect the arcade version to have a shot of getting here.
I really do hope that they localize the Switch version. They dropped the ball with UMX, they need to give localization of SDBH a shot through consoles if not arcades.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

User avatar
shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 368
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:52 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by shadd21 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:37 pm

What are the odds the Switch game will have Ganos the rest of the non-U11 characters from the ToP playable?

User avatar
TheDevilsCorpse
Moderator
Posts: 11377
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am
Contact:

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:38 pm

The World Mission game for the Switch has its own thread. Please use that for discussion of the game.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

User avatar
Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 454
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:46 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dragotaker » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:42 pm

No scans of UM 5 yet???? the worst thing about those events where they show stuff way ahead of time is that we already know what the following 4 months or so will have in pretty much all important stuff other than story progression, now that the movie will have his own part of the game i hope they follow up with the Demigra/Mechikabura together with the rest.

User avatar
TheDevilsCorpse
Moderator
Posts: 11377
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am
Contact:

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:24 pm

Dragotaker wrote:No scans of UM 5 yet???? the worst thing about those events where they show stuff way ahead of time is that we already know what the following 4 months or so will have in pretty much all important stuff other than story progression, now that the movie will have his own part of the game i hope they follow up with the Demigra/Mechikabura together with the rest.
We already got them. Focused more on the "BR" movie characters this time around (including the newly named Beets), but they also showed Fu, SS3 Cumber, and the CC Goku in Super Saiyan God.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6534
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:46 pm

Rakurai wrote:Interestingly enough, Bardock's attack is called "Rebellion Fang."
I would say it's just Heroes being lazy here. I mean, mostly of Bardock's techniques uses the "Saiyan theme", whether being with his friends or an image of an Oozaru (I got the feeling that you can say his techniques are like "feel the power of Saiyans" and such). Surely they can come up with a lot of techniques using "Saiyan theme" instead of reusing old ones. This case is a bit odd because the Bardock who got that is Xeno Bardock, the one from another dimension, whose events might have been extremely different for all we know.

Anyway, speaking of techniques, Vegeta: BR got Super Big Bang Attack (despite his pose in the card being Galick Gun. Also, I think this is the first time Big Bang Attack gets a variation, at least in Heroes). Goku: BR got yet another new variation of God Kamehameha (there is a kanji between "Super" and "God Kamehameha", but I don't know what it means).

User avatar
alakazam^
I Live Here
Posts: 2714
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:55 am
Location: Portugal

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by alakazam^ » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:32 am

Bullza wrote:I lose track of what goes on with this but did Alakazam translate Chapter 3 and 4 of Universe Mission?
Not yet, no. I don't have those chapters.
Grimlock wrote:Anyway, speaking of techniques, Vegeta: BR got Super Big Bang Attack (despite his pose in the card being Galick Gun. Also, I think this is the first time Big Bang Attack gets a variation, at least in Heroes). Goku: BR got yet another new variation of God Kamehameha (there is a kanji between "Super" and "God Kamehameha", but I don't know what it means).
Those two kanji read as "chouzetsu" (transcendence, excellence, superiority, etc).

Ssb_goku20
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:02 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Ssb_goku20 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:10 am

The trailer for what's appearing in Uvm5 is epic asf

Post Reply