"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Rakurai
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1250
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:48 pm
Contact:

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rakurai » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:27 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
This chapter really doesn't confirm that MUI > Fusion. It confirms that the xenos < the super versions. Especially since vegito fought on par GOLDEN GREAT APE cumber.
Umm no. It confirms SSB-KK Vegetto > V4 in the manga. Xeno Goku and Blueku fought evenly.

In the arcade & anime, V4 fought SSJ3 Cumber and pushed him back.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

User avatar
mahakaishin1991
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:13 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:by this logic, base goku is stronger than super saiyan 3 goku because base one killed kid buu with a spirit bomb, therefore story says hes stronger.

See the problem with using the X form defeats Y enemy, therefore X form is better than another form?
Bad example, since the context is different and the Spirit Bomb is not a regular technique to begin with. Although much to my chagrin I've seen that argument used to "prove" Kid Goku is stronger than SSJ4 Goku in GT.

But that is besides the point, the series at the moment is all about promote the fancy new transformations/characters despite how little sense within universe for them to be able to do that. With that in mind, Cumber has been consistently depicted over the five UM released so far as this brutal juggernaut that can eat normal transformations as breakfast with ease, creating a escalation of power both in the protagonists as with himself. This is completely different situation than Buu's that by the point it ended it was a war of attrition rather than one of strength.

So, with UM5 marking the end of the Prison Planet arc, they're simply pitting up Cumber and Goku using the "strongest transformations" they have available. It does makes sense from a strict lore point? No but when has that mattered in DB?

Not really, youre still using the logic of an inferior form beating an enemy a superior one couldnt.

But if you want a 'better example'

Goku and Frieza beat a high form jiren in lower forms than their best, therefore there best forms arent there best...

see?

And no they arent because Cumber has been robbed of his strongest form. This was discussed way back in this very thread.

User avatar
VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 16431
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:10 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:44 pm

Strength debates really aren't appropriate for an ongoing thread whose main focus is the actual video game(s). Thank you!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

User avatar
mahakaishin1991
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:46 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Strength debates really aren't appropriate for an ongoing thread whose main focus is the actual video game(s). Thank you!
Its kinda relevant to the plot in a loose way, but as I have explained to the parties involved, it was discussed prior.

Speaking of the game, is there any news on who these 'twins' are?

User avatar
Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 377
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:46 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dragotaker » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:08 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Noah wrote:I'm the only who thinks SSJ4 Bardock design is a bit lame? What was cool about the level four transformation is that you could note some variations between its users. Bardock is just SSJ4 Goku with a bandana.
he's pretty different considering he's just raditz eyes, a scar and a bandana on Goku, but I'm a little sad.

I hope they dont do this to turles
Don't think you would have to ever worry about that since i really doubt he even makes it that far, honestly apart from that lame dark dragon ball corrupted form he had which if i even remember correctly was easily defeated because the real focus was in the dark masked king i'll say he is being pretty wasted specially now when we have Raditz and Nappa SS3, maybe because Goku Black exist now who is way stronger and canon they feel he's useless or something, kinda like how in super they focused so much in U6 saiyans instead of Trunks and Goten, chances are we see SS4 Goku Black if anything.

Melab
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:14 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Melab » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:30 am

Does anyone know where/how I can read all of the Prison Planet manga chapters?

User avatar
mahakaishin1991
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:20 am

Dragotaker wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Noah wrote:I'm the only who thinks SSJ4 Bardock design is a bit lame? What was cool about the level four transformation is that you could note some variations between its users. Bardock is just SSJ4 Goku with a bandana.
he's pretty different considering he's just raditz eyes, a scar and a bandana on Goku, but I'm a little sad.

I hope they dont do this to turles
Don't think you would have to ever worry about that since i really doubt he even makes it that far, honestly apart from that lame dark dragon ball corrupted form he had which if i even remember correctly was easily defeated because the real focus was in the dark masked king i'll say he is being pretty wasted specially now when we have Raditz and Nappa SS3, maybe because Goku Black exist now who is way stronger and canon they feel he's useless or something, kinda like how in super they focused so much in U6 saiyans instead of Trunks and Goten, chances are we see SS4 Goku Black if anything.
I dunno man, a lot of people were saying Raditz and Nappa were low priority for forms, and they ended up being thrown ss3 out of nowhere. If Heroes continues long enough, I suspect 4 will be the go-to hand out form and God will become the yearly special when they run out of saiyans

S3 Hendrix
Regular
Posts: 516
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:39 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by S3 Hendrix » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:57 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Dragotaker wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
he's pretty different considering he's just raditz eyes, a scar and a bandana on Goku, but I'm a little sad.

I hope they dont do this to turles
Don't think you would have to ever worry about that since i really doubt he even makes it that far, honestly apart from that lame dark dragon ball corrupted form he had which if i even remember correctly was easily defeated because the real focus was in the dark masked king i'll say he is being pretty wasted specially now when we have Raditz and Nappa SS3, maybe because Goku Black exist now who is way stronger and canon they feel he's useless or something, kinda like how in super they focused so much in U6 saiyans instead of Trunks and Goten, chances are we see SS4 Goku Black if anything.
I dunno man, a lot of people were saying Raditz and Nappa were low priority for forms, and they ended up being thrown ss3 out of nowhere. If Heroes continues long enough, I suspect 4 will be the go-to hand out form and God will become the yearly special when they run out of saiyans
Yeah the raditz And nappa thing is true(though they do appear in the original manga continuity as well which probably made them a bit more likely to get ssj forms) turles on the other hand has had multiple chances to get ssj but yet they haven’t given to him. King of destruction turles would have been a good time to give him ssj, hell I was really hoping that SH4 would have given us ssj turles xeno but no he just got the Berserk/run-away form

User avatar
mahakaishin1991
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:14 am

S3 Hendrix wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Dragotaker wrote:
Don't think you would have to ever worry about that since i really doubt he even makes it that far, honestly apart from that lame dark dragon ball corrupted form he had which if i even remember correctly was easily defeated because the real focus was in the dark masked king i'll say he is being pretty wasted specially now when we have Raditz and Nappa SS3, maybe because Goku Black exist now who is way stronger and canon they feel he's useless or something, kinda like how in super they focused so much in U6 saiyans instead of Trunks and Goten, chances are we see SS4 Goku Black if anything.
I dunno man, a lot of people were saying Raditz and Nappa were low priority for forms, and they ended up being thrown ss3 out of nowhere. If Heroes continues long enough, I suspect 4 will be the go-to hand out form and God will become the yearly special when they run out of saiyans
Yeah the raditz And nappa thing is true(though they do appear in the original manga continuity as well which probably made them a bit more likely to get ssj forms) turles on the other hand has had multiple chances to get ssj but yet they haven’t given to him. King of destruction turles would have been a good time to give him ssj, hell I was really hoping that SH4 would have given us ssj turles xeno but no he just got the Berserk/run-away form
theyve given hatchiyak a new form this year, goku a brand new form never seen before, created brand new characters like cumber, given a demon god form to a new version of omega shenron and also gave lord slug a new form the year before.

I honestly dont think anything is impossible, just theres a priority list. If he gets anything, 1 or 3 most likely

User avatar
Jmass97
Newbie
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:30 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Jmass97 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:34 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:That’s not how these form multipliers work and where does he get stated to be the strongest? Golden oozaru is superior in power to 3. By a decent margin
I've never seen multipliers mattering within the story themselves, they're at best a bunch of interesting bit of trivia that rarely (if at all) gets referenced in story. And the fact of the matter is that is SSJ3 Cumber the ones that they picked to face UI Goku, the strongest form the series has at the moment. So, unless SSJ3 Cymber goes down in a punch, he is considered stronger than Golden Oozaru by the story.
Dude...what? :lol: blasphemy at its finest. We all know that golden great ape is above ssj3. Just because Goku reawakened when cumber was coincidentally ssj3 does NOT mean ssj3 cumber is stronger.

User avatar
Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 377
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:46 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dragotaker » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:50 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
S3 Hendrix wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
I dunno man, a lot of people were saying Raditz and Nappa were low priority for forms, and they ended up being thrown ss3 out of nowhere. If Heroes continues long enough, I suspect 4 will be the go-to hand out form and God will become the yearly special when they run out of saiyans
Yeah the raditz And nappa thing is true(though they do appear in the original manga continuity as well which probably made them a bit more likely to get ssj forms) turles on the other hand has had multiple chances to get ssj but yet they haven’t given to him. King of destruction turles would have been a good time to give him ssj, hell I was really hoping that SH4 would have given us ssj turles xeno but no he just got the Berserk/run-away form
theyve given hatchiyak a new form this year, goku a brand new form never seen before, created brand new characters like cumber, given a demon god form to a new version of omega shenron and also gave lord slug a new form the year before.

I honestly dont think anything is impossible, just theres a priority list. If he gets anything, 1 or 3 most likely


nothing is impossible like you say but at the same time certain characters get way more spotlight than others depending on their popularity like say Broly for example who came as far as being canon even if it isn't exactly the same Broly from the movies and Turles on the other hand already had his chance as one of the dark dragon ball holders, didn't do anything of note and that was just last mission so i don't expect him to appear anytime soon like what else could he do when seems they want to focus now in entirely new enemies, Legends had a chance of doing something with him but he is already dead.

Besides that i don't think SS4 is something they will run out of because i don't think we would get as far as Raditz being the yearly special, not that i would mind seeing that but at the same time seems like a waste for how irrelevant he has been all this time, even Goten would have a better chance i think because at leats he's still in the game story at present time and maybe will stick around infinitely.

User avatar
mahakaishin1991
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:21 pm

Dragotaker wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
S3 Hendrix wrote:
Yeah the raditz And nappa thing is true(though they do appear in the original manga continuity as well which probably made them a bit more likely to get ssj forms) turles on the other hand has had multiple chances to get ssj but yet they haven’t given to him. King of destruction turles would have been a good time to give him ssj, hell I was really hoping that SH4 would have given us ssj turles xeno but no he just got the Berserk/run-away form
theyve given hatchiyak a new form this year, goku a brand new form never seen before, created brand new characters like cumber, given a demon god form to a new version of omega shenron and also gave lord slug a new form the year before.

I honestly dont think anything is impossible, just theres a priority list. If he gets anything, 1 or 3 most likely


nothing is impossible like you say but at the same time certain characters get way more spotlight than others depending on their popularity like say Broly for example who came as far as being canon even if it isn't exactly the same Broly from the movies and Turles on the other hand already had his chance as one of the dark dragon ball holders, didn't do anything of note and that was just last mission so i don't expect him to appear anytime soon like what else could he do when seems they want to focus now in entirely new enemies, Legends had a chance of doing something with him but he is already dead.

Besides that i don't think SS4 is something they will run out of because i don't think we would get as far as Raditz being the yearly special, not that i would mind seeing that but at the same time seems like a waste for how irrelevant he has been all this time, even Goten would have a better chance i think because at leats he's still in the game story at present time and maybe will stick around infinitely.
I'm personally of the opinion once the 'main' characters are dropped, non- yearly special characters will get the form. When the game first came out SS3 was a big deal for trunks but then they gave it to almost everyone.

In fact I had a rather silly idea a while ago for a 'masked saiyan' event where masked bardock from an alternative timeline returns and the dragonball mcguffins of the season are being collected by masked, super saiyan 4 versions of his original team (tora and the others), all with their fur matching their armour colours to reinforce the fact they are the saiyan power rangers

Image

User avatar
Hellspawn28
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13990
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:58 pm

I'm surprised they never did any absorbing forms for Fat Buu. Kid Buu got some new forms by absorbing other people, but Fat Buu never did.
PS4 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Hellspawn28
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GS27/

User avatar
mahakaishin1991
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:00 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:I'm surprised they never did any absorbing forms for Fat Buu. Kid Buu got some new forms by absorbing other people, but Fat Buu never did.
I always assumed he wouldnt gain much from absorbing people without it affecting him as a person, with the fat kai's personality being so strong it changed him 180 from Huge Buu and Kid Buu. As if he 'overwrites' what ever else there is.

I wouldnt be against what iff super and huge buu forms though.

In fact, Goku, Jiren, Hit and various other absorbed versions could be neat

S3 Hendrix
Regular
Posts: 516
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:39 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:05 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:I'm surprised they never did any absorbing forms for Fat Buu. Kid Buu got some new forms by absorbing other people, but Fat Buu never did.
Honestly I’m surprised they haven’t used the Z2/budokai 2 what if forms for super buu and all their what if’s in general like Majin frieza And Cell

User avatar
DNA
I Live Here
Posts: 4168
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:23 pm
Location: Condom City
Contact:

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by DNA » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:52 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:I'm surprised they never did any absorbing forms for Fat Buu. Kid Buu got some new forms by absorbing other people, but Fat Buu never did.
True, and there is a special Dragon Ball SD what-if chapter where we actually see Good Majin Buu absorbing other characters and his face morphs into the person he absorbed.
S3 Hendrix wrote:Honestly I’m surprised they haven’t used the Z2/budokai 2 what if forms for super buu and all their what if’s in general like Majin frieza And Cell
Also very true, I assumed right from the beginning this would happen, especially since the models are exactly the same as the ones used in the Budokai line. There is no real reason to not include these.

Also, let me get this straight. Super Saiyan 4 Vegetto, a character that by logic should be so powerful that he could break Beerus in half, struggles against base Cumber. BASE CUMBER!
This makes no sense and annoys me. If Ultra Instinct Goku is enough to stop Super Saiyan 3 Cumber, Super Saiyan 4 Vegetto should be able to vaporize base Cumber with a sneeze.
I like Cumber, he's interesting, mysterious, just flat out cool. But his power? It's all over the place and it's just ridiculous.
Dragon Ball Heroes Character Cards
Now updated into more manageable lists. Please let me know if I missed someone.

User avatar
mahakaishin1991
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:20 pm

DNA wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:I'm surprised they never did any absorbing forms for Fat Buu. Kid Buu got some new forms by absorbing other people, but Fat Buu never did.
True, and there is a special Dragon Ball SD what-if chapter where we actually see Good Majin Buu absorbing other characters and his face morphs into the person he absorbed.
S3 Hendrix wrote:Honestly I’m surprised they haven’t used the Z2/budokai 2 what if forms for super buu and all their what if’s in general like Majin frieza And Cell
Also very true, I assumed right from the beginning this would happen, especially since the models are exactly the same as the ones used in the Budokai line. There is no real reason to not include these.

Also, let me get this straight. Super Saiyan 4 Vegetto, a character that by logic should be so powerful that he could break Beerus in half, struggles against base Cumber. BASE CUMBER!
This makes no sense and annoys me. If Ultra Instinct Goku is enough to stop Super Saiyan 3 Cumber, Super Saiyan 4 Vegetto should be able to vaporize base Cumber with a sneeze.
I like Cumber, he's interesting, mysterious, just flat out cool. But his power? It's all over the place and it's just ridiculous.
the beerus comparison is baseless when we have never seen him go all out. Also, youre post seems to imply 4>UI

Cumber's power only makes sense if we assume he is one of the evil saiyans that required Yamoshi to do what he did. This seems likely given he knows what a super saiyan god is.

He seems like an ancient version of broly; basically a mutant in terms of his saiyan growth potential. Thats the only explanation I can think of thats rational

ankokudaishogun
Regular
Posts: 640
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:07 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:42 pm

DNA wrote:Also, let me get this straight. Super Saiyan 4 Vegetto, a character that by logic should be so powerful that he could break Beerus in half, struggles against base Cumber. BASE CUMBER!
Manga is not canon to Heroes.

Arcade is the only canon, and in there SS4 Vegetto:Xeno managed to defeat SS3 Cumber

User avatar
mahakaishin1991
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:19 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote:
DNA wrote:Also, let me get this straight. Super Saiyan 4 Vegetto, a character that by logic should be so powerful that he could break Beerus in half, struggles against base Cumber. BASE CUMBER!
Manga is not canon to Heroes.

Arcade is the only canon, and in there SS4 Vegetto:Xeno managed to defeat SS3 Cumber
the manga, anime and games are different canon like the super manga and anime.

Hardly even matters when Super involves a near infinite number of timelines for them all to occur in separately anyway.

People put too much stake in 'canon' these days.

User avatar
Hellspawn28
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13990
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:04 pm

Fat Buu absorbing Majin Vegeta would make a cool card. It would make sense since it could be a what if form if Fat Buu absorbed Majin Vegeta during his fight with him.
PS4 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Hellspawn28
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GS27/

Post Reply