"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by S3 Hendrix » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:35 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:53 pm Interestingly, World Mission outright confirms that Goku Xeno and Vegeta Xeno come from GT's timeline

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMHMMQkhX7Q
Lol this confirms nothing(also not to mention world mission isn’t connected to the arcade game at all) but we see Goku Xeno And Vegeta xeno in game before they put on the time patroller uniforms and it’s Goku in his normal Gi and vegeta in the saiyan armor he’s had since the android area.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:39 pm

The entire scene is a pretty obvious callback to GT's scene where they fuse against Omega. A fact that Goku Xeno dialogue confirms (the only other time where Vegeta has begged Goku to fuse is on GT).

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:23 pm

I forgot to mention this earlier. But shouldn't discussion on World Mission story go to the World Mission thread? Unless this is a general SDBH thread, then I guess it's fine since we're one of the few forums that actively discuss characters and stories from DBH/SDBH.

Anyways, that fusion dialogue from World Mission straight up confirms XGoku and XVegeta having experienced the events of GT up to the Shadow Dragons arc, and presumably coming from a GT-based timeline. Since the only instance ever of Vegeta asking/pleading Goku to fuse out of DBZ/GT/Super/SDBH was in GT. It's not the fact that the whole scene is a callback to GT, but the fact that Goku says it's a trip down memory lane that Vegeta is asking to fuse again.

We didn't need World Mission to confirm this but it does serve as further backup. As if this wasn't already obvious but the fact that both the arcade and World Mission have XGoku and XVegeta allude to experiencing GT events just leads to the most obvious conclusion in the room.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:35 pm

Well put.

As for the topic about World Mission, I've always considered this thread as a general SDBH thread.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:35 pm

Rakurai wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:23 pm I forgot to mention this earlier. But shouldn't discussion on World Mission story go to the World Mission thread? Unless this is a general SDBH thread, then I guess it's fine since we're one of the few forums that actively discuss characters and stories from DBH/SDBH.

Anyways, that fusion dialogue from World Mission straight up confirms XGoku and XVegeta having experienced the events of GT up to the Shadow Dragons arc, and presumably coming from a GT-based timeline. Since the only instance ever of Vegeta asking/pleading Goku to fuse out of DBZ/GT/Super/SDBH was in GT. It's not the fact that the whole scene is a callback to GT, but the fact that Goku says it's a trip down memory lane that Vegeta is asking to fuse again.

We didn't need World Mission to confirm this but it does serve as further backup. As if this wasn't already obvious but the fact that both the arcade and World Mission have XGoku and XVegeta allude to experiencing GT events just leads to the most obvious conclusion in the room.
Goku: xeno and vegeta xeno in this story also know janemba

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:40 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:35 pm Goku: xeno and vegeta xeno in this story also know janemba
Okay? GT Goku knows how to use Dragon Fist implying M13 movie is canon to GT. Cooler was seen out of Hell implying M6/7 are canon to GT. The fact that Vegeta knew how to perfectly do the fusion dance with Goku implies that they've done it in the past, which only ever happened in M12 which implies it's canon to GT. Plus GT Gogeta's clothes are based on M12 Gogeta's clothes.

Them knowing about Janemba is not out of realm, especially when GT is implied to be tied to the movies.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:46 pm

Vegeta had to be talked into fusing in M12 and as Rakurai points out, GT already implied the films were canon to it.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:04 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:35 pm
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:53 pm Interestingly, World Mission outright confirms that Goku Xeno and Vegeta Xeno come from GT's timeline

Lol this confirms nothing(also not to mention world mission isn’t connected to the arcade game at all) but we see Goku Xeno And Vegeta xeno in game before they put on the time patroller uniforms and it’s Goku in his normal Gi and vegeta in the saiyan armor he’s had since the android area.
Tbh no one said they can't use their old uniforms, right?
DBS Goku and Vegeta also mostly wear their DBZ clothes except for RoF/U6 arcs.
Also, since them wearing their DBZ outfits confirms they are not from GT, then i guess they are from DBZ then, right? It's kinda silly tbh.
Also i think there is no adult GT Goku in DBH anyway and DBZ Budokai 3 actually showed GT Goku and Vegeta looking like in Z and going SSJ4 in their DBZ look.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:31 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:04 pm
S3 Hendrix wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:35 pm

Tbh no one said they can't use their old uniforms, right?
DBS Goku and Vegeta also mostly wear their DBZ clothes except for RoF/U6 arcs.
Also, since them wearing their DBZ outfits confirms they are not from GT, then i guess they are from DBZ then, right? It's kinda silly tbh.
Also i think there is no adult GT Goku in DBH anyway and DBZ Budokai 3 actually showed GT Goku and Vegeta looking like in Z and going SSJ4 in their DBZ look.
They have EoZ Goku in world mission which is way closer to GT Goku’s clothes. Also I’m not saying they’re not from a GT like timeline but they aren’t GT Goku and GT Vegeta, Goku: xeno And Vegeta: xeno are still from a completely unknown timeline

supersaiyangodgogeta
Regular

Post by supersaiyangodgogeta » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:15 pm

I don't really see much going against the notion of Goku and Vegeta Xeno just being the future versions of their GT counterparts. There's no reason for anything so complicated. The "other dimension" they come from is simply the GT universe but further in the future of that timeline. And the Xeno affixed to their names is simply to differentiate them from their main timeline counterparts. Goku Xeno, Vegeta Xeno, Gohan Xeno and Goten Xeno all experienced GT's events. It's really obvious that they're just the GT cast further in the future.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:35 pm

supersaiyangodgogeta wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:15 pmI don't really see much going against the notion of Goku and Vegeta Xeno just being the future versions of their GT counterparts. There's no reason for anything so complicated. The "other dimension" they come from is simply the GT universe but further in the future of that timeline. And the Xeno affixed to their names is simply to differentiate them from their main timeline counterparts. Goku Xeno, Vegeta Xeno, Gohan Xeno and Goten Xeno all experienced GT's events. It's really obvious that they're just the GT cast further in the future.
That is correct. We must keep things as simple as possible until/if further clarification (and because we know Dragon Ball is to be simple) pops up. Thus, the simplest thing here is the fact that the Time Patrollers come from (a point after) Dragon Ball GT. Anything else other that would unnecessarily complicate things, putting too much thought on something that should be easy.

We have evidences and implication enough pointing to that being the case. So just like that "Xeno Goku and god Ki" thing shouldn't be a subject of dicussion at this point, so is this matter.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

supersaiyangodgogeta
Regular

Post by supersaiyangodgogeta » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:03 pm

As far as the Goku Xeno God ki thing, he says this:

https://imgur.com/5vW4EoZ
"Ahh, the me from the time who borrowed everyone's power and the me now who gained power by training himself..."

I don't really think that would even refer to himself. He's referring to himself from a different timeline when talking about borrowing everyone's power and referring to his own person when talking about training himself. It sounds like he's talking about 2 versions of himself that took different paths to gain power.

So Goku Xeno doesn't have God ki and never went Super Saiyan God. I don't really think there's much differentiation between narratives in the Heroes games. So yeah, Goku Xeno is basically just a future version of GT Goku.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:02 am

supersaiyangodgogeta wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:03 pm As far as the Goku Xeno God ki thing, he says this:

"Ahh, the me from the time who borrowed everyone's power and the me now who gained power by training himself..."

I don't really think that would even refer to himself. He's referring to himself from a different timeline when talking about borrowing everyone's power and referring to his own person when talking about training himself. It sounds like he's talking about 2 versions of himself that took different paths to gain power.

So Goku Xeno doesn't have God ki and never went Super Saiyan God. I don't really think there's much differentiation between narratives in the Heroes games. So yeah, Goku Xeno is basically just a future version of GT Goku.
Why is it so hard for people to Believe that XGoku & XVegeta don't have God ki? the first time they meet them on the prison planet is possibly their first taste of it and we might be seeing them get God Ki soon

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:44 am

Noitsnothim wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:02 am
supersaiyangodgogeta wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:03 pm As far as the Goku Xeno God ki thing, he says this:

Why is it so hard for people to Believe that XGoku & XVegeta don't have God ki? the first time they meet them on the prison planet is possibly their first taste of it and we might be seeing them get God Ki soon
IIRC It's because geekdom said that Goku Xeno has god ki so they keep repeating that without even questioning his words
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:55 am

Noitsnothim wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:02 am Why is it so hard for people to Believe that XGoku & XVegeta don't have God ki? the first time they meet them on the prison planet is possibly their first taste of it and we might be seeing them get God Ki soon
Not saying they will never get god ki, it's Heroes so literally anything can happen. But they most likely did not experience god ki sometime in their past before joining the Time Patrol.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:27 pm

A belated Universe Mission Chapter 7 summary:

And differences from the arcade game:

Re: Time Patrollers: They can't come from the future of Dragon Ball GT, because Goku is missing for one-hundred years between the events of the Evil Dragon arc and the epilogue. It does, of course, seem overwhelmingly to be the case that they come from a timeline that mostly resembles GT's, just as the non-Time Patrol arcade-original story lines now feature versions of the charcters that mostly resemble their Super counterparts. But for one reason or another, things can't slot in perfectly as sequels or midquels to either series, so I don't see any reason to get more or less complicated than "from a timeline that mostly resembles ____."

I would actually say the movies, save for 13, are very much out of the realm for inclusion with the events of GT, and that's another thing that puts me in the "mostly resembles" boat. (You can say Vegeta knowing the Fusion Dance hints at 12's inclusion, but ... show me a point in GT's timeline, which includes the Z anime's, where Movie 12 could possibly have happened. Same goes for most of them.) I'm not sure about the game, but in the manga, Gohan: Xeno discusses Slug's ship bringing back memories, and the events of Movie 4 obviously can't line up with the main story as we know it at all.

So indeed, they seem to have lived through events "mostly" lining up with GT, plus whatever (insofar as there seems to be leeway for having them remember events that roughly correspond to the original movies), plus Goku for some reason or another not departing. They basically seem to be amalgams of the pre-revival Toei versions, and I doubt we'll ever get more clarification than that.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:11 pm

Rakurai wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:55 am Not saying they will never get god ki, it's Heroes so literally anything can happen. But they most likely did not experience god ki sometime in their past before joining the Time Patrol.
To further muddle things up, one of the V-Jump promo cards has SSJ4 Goku Xeno with God Kame Hame Hame Ha as his main attack.
Cipher wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:27 pm
A belated Universe Mission Chapter 7 summary:

Re: Time Patrollers: They can't come from the future of Dragon Ball GT, because Goku is missing for one-hundred years between the events of the Evil Dragon arc and the epilogue. It does, of course, seem overwhelmingly to be the case that they come from a timeline that mostly resembles GT's, just as the non-Time Patrol arcade-original story lines now feature versions of the charcters that mostly resemble their Super counterparts. But for one reason or another, things can't slot in perfectly as sequels or midquels to either series, so I don't see any reason to get more or less complicated than "from a timeline that mostly resembles ____."
Thanks for the summary!

And we're delving here into pointless speculation (it is fun though) but just like Super was placed in the 10 years interim between the end of the Buu Saga and EoZ, they can as easily place Goku Xeno point of origin any point on that 100 years span between the death of Omega and Goku Jr.'s adventures. Therefore, saying he comes from the future of GT or a timeline that mostly resembles it, is both factually correct.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:22 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:11 pm
Rakurai wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:55 am Not saying they will never get god ki, it's Heroes so literally anything can happen. But they most likely did not experience god ki sometime in their past before joining the Time Patrol.
To further muddle things up, one of the V-Jump promo cards has SSJ4 Goku Xeno with God Kame Hame Hame Ha as his main attack.

Since they have power equalling Post TOP SSBs in ssj4, the name means little. They are basically gods in ssj4 (without god ki obviously).

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:10 pm

Cipher wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:27 pm Re: Time Patrollers: They can't come from the future of Dragon Ball GT, because Goku is missing for one-hundred years between the events of the Evil Dragon arc and the epilogue. It does, of course, seem overwhelmingly to be the case that they come from a timeline that mostly resembles GT's, just as the non-Time Patrol arcade-original story lines now feature versions of the charcters that mostly resemble their Super counterparts. But for one reason or another, things can't slot in perfectly as sequels or midquels to either series, so I don't see any reason to get more or less complicated than "from a timeline that mostly resembles ____."

I would actually say the movies, save for 13, are very much out of the realm for inclusion with the events of GT, and that's another thing that puts me in the "mostly resembles" boat. (You can say Vegeta knowing the Fusion Dance hints at 12's inclusion, but ... show me a point in GT's timeline, which includes the Z anime's, where Movie 12 could possibly have happened. Same goes for most of them.) I'm not sure about the game, but in the manga, Gohan: Xeno discusses Slug's ship bringing back memories, and the events of Movie 4 obviously can't line up with the main story as we know it at all.

So indeed, they seem to have lived through events "mostly" lining up with GT, plus whatever (insofar as there seems to be leeway for having them remember events that roughly correspond to the original movies), plus Goku for some reason or another not departing. They basically seem to be amalgams of the pre-revival Toei versions, and I doubt we'll ever get more clarification than that.
Yep, you pretty much nailed it. Also to clarify, I never said that XGoku is a future GT Goku, only that he's experienced GT events and lived in a GT-esque timeline. Same thing with XVegeta. Though I still believe that some movie events are canon with GT, and that they just "happened" without really getting into the exact specifics of timeline reconciliation.

I think it would be reasonable to say the Xenos are simply the incarnations of 90s era or pre-revival Toei making their way into modern DB, taking histories and elements from DB/DBZ/GT, both the anime and the movies. Of course, there are a few exceptions like XBardock has Gine as his wife yet his character is obviously derived from the TV special.
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:11 pm
You'll have to provide more context to the V-Jump promo card you're referring to, but in general God Kamehameha can be a special attack in SDBH that allows one to transform. So other non-god characters like Future Gohan, Mira, and Gotenks also have this attack.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:45 pm

And differences from the arcade game:
Also, Cumber never lost his tail in the game