"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rakurai » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:52 am

S3 Hendrix wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:48 am Goku: xeno SSJ is in UMX, also the game includes a hand full of SDBH cards (SH2-CP for sparking transformation, sh1 sec Vegito blue, jiren promo, sh5 golden frieza with halo, and a few other promo cards) they even added a few of the actual bosses from SDBH to fight
I stand corrected on the SDBH inclusion then. Were these included with the game upon initial release or part of updates/patches?
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:02 am

Rakurai wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:52 am
S3 Hendrix wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:48 am Goku: xeno SSJ is in UMX, also the game includes a hand full of SDBH cards (SH2-CP for sparking transformation, sh1 sec Vegito blue, jiren promo, sh5 golden frieza with halo, and a few other promo cards) they even added a few of the actual bosses from SDBH to fight
I stand corrected on the SDBH inclusion then. Were these included with the game upon initial release or part of updates/patches?
They’re DLC updates, but they didn’t add any new story or anything

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:05 am

Yeah, was gonna say, that was all post-release additions:

https://dbhu.channel.or.jp/update/02.html
https://dbhu.channel.or.jp/update/03a.html
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:09 am

Rakurai wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:25 am
Kanassa wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:56 am
Rakurai wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:08 am Also, are there really no English translations for the Story and Missions in DBH UMX anywhere on the internet? Since this is literally the first time I've read of them.
Alakazam translated most of the story dialogue over in the UMX Thread.
Certainly not the parts involving Beerus and Whis at least, which are important to establishing the timeline that UMX XGoku is from and avoiding the SSG confusion in the first place. Seems like alakazam only translated bits here and there too.
He translated up to the end of the Tree of Might stage then stopped.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:12 pm

Rakurai wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:53 am
Noitsnothim wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:41 am
We're talking DC/Marvel universe & Timelines level stuff lol so two Xeno Goku's based on Diff Goku's (SUPER & GT) ? My brain hurts
You're exaggerating this.

The official Dragon Ball canon involving the manga, the Z anime, Minus, and both DBS media as well as the film is far more convoluted and poorly constructed. Not only are there two canons for DBS, it also constantly contradicts and retcons itself.

The SDBH series is far more easier by comparison. Arcade is main canon, 100%. The way I see it, promotional anime and manga are secondary canon, some parts only fitting if there is no contradiction to the arcade. World Mission is self-contained but derived from the arcade. UMX is self-contained.

So if you can handle and grasp the main series canon, you can certainly handle the Heroes canon.
The Z anime isn't part of the main canon, not since Dragon Ball Kai. The official 'canon' is the manga first and foremost. Then comes Jaco, Minus, and Super along with its movie. And even with Super, the story beats are the same between the two versions, what is different is how the events happen.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:33 pm

Should we have information about UM8 about now or next week right???

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:54 pm

Does anyone know where I can find or Does anyone Have the SDBH Goku: BR Spirit bomb card that shintani designed ?

Need it for something

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:46 pm

Yep, as I previously stated, the fusion between Kamin and Oren turned out to be correct. Its design is okay, except for the hair though.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:10 am

Grimlock wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:46 pm Yep, as I previously stated, the fusion between Kamin and Oren turned out to be correct. Its design is okay, except for the hair though.
when you'd state this?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:53 am

Here. Exactly one month ago.
Grimlock wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:48 amI was expecting Kamin and Oren to fuse, but not now. Well, hopefully the design won't have too much going on.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:19 am

Kanassa wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:09 am
Rakurai wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:25 am
Kanassa wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:56 am

Alakazam translated most of the story dialogue over in the UMX Thread.
Certainly not the parts involving Beerus and Whis at least, which are important to establishing the timeline that UMX XGoku is from and avoiding the SSG confusion in the first place. Seems like alakazam only translated bits here and there too.
He translated up to the end of the Tree of Might stage then stopped.
I see that he also translated some parts near the end as well, involving Demigra and Chamel. Still, my point is he missed out on the juicy stuff regarding UMX XGoku and that's why nobody else knew for the better.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:36 am

Grimlock wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:53 am Here. Exactly one month ago.
Grimlock wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:48 amI was expecting Kamin and Oren to fuse, but not now. Well, hopefully the design won't have too much going on.
that's crazy I came up with a HUGE prognostication about them merging in February long before it was announced that those two would
great minds think a like

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:08 am

:D yay gohan: xeno ssj4(even tho IMO Trunks: xeno should have gotten ssj4 first)

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:35 am

Grimlock wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:46 pm Yep, as I previously stated, the fusion between Kamin and Oren turned out to be correct. Its design is okay, except for the hair though.
I honestly expected Baby's head dome thing, this makes me think of a short cut sealas

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:34 am

S3 Hendrix wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:08 am :D yay gohan: xeno ssj4(even tho IMO Trunks: xeno should have gotten ssj4 first)

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:10 am

I expect this means we'll see SSJ4 XGohan in the UM8 story mode too.

I wonder if it's possible to have SSJ4 with Potential Unlocked at the same time.
Noitsnothim wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:36 am
Grimlock wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:53 am Here. Exactly one month ago.
that's crazy I came up with a HUGE prognostication about them merging in February long before it was announced that those two would
great minds think a like
He said that based on some UM8 stuff that was leaked around the same time which mentioned the twin's fusion.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:57 am

And there it is, the unquestionable confirmation that Xeno Gohan does indeed come from (a point after) Dragon Ball GT as well.

Wonder if Dimps will give someone else Super Saiyan 4 in UM10 to be released in November, as it was always on its anniversary when they'll give someone that transformation. Maybe no one will get it, like in 2016. Either way, curious to see what they have in store for this year's anniversary.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:01 am

Really interested to know Lags's background

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:52 am

It seems that Gohan Xeno SSJ4 has a team attack with GT Gohan SSJ4 and is cracking me up.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:56 am

Majin Demigra wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:01 am Really interested to know Lags's background
I actually fell in love with her concept. As far as I know it is a unique concept. No magic affiliated, no power affiliated, no absorbtions, no martial arts, no energy manipulation etc.

Her design is amazing too. Simple yet it has a great impact, because no one would expect her to stand in the league of characters like Cumber and Zamasu.
P O W E R