"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:42 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:06 pm
HeroR wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:45 am Not really true. They like aspects of GT like Super Saiyan 4 and Gogeta. Everything else, it’s considered a pretty forgettable series.
The acceptance of the sudden onslaught of GT related content across multiple platforms says otherwise.
Most of the onslaught on GT stuff is Super Saiyan 4 and Gogeta. That and it took Dokkan four years to get most of those GT related stuff and it took Xenoverse how long before they put a playable Baby in the game.

Elements of GT are liked, but the show itself is considered forgettable in Japan. And it isn't just me saying this, people who actually live in Japan more or said they're indifferent to GT as a whole.

Also on the whole, 'GT is only hated in the west and mostly America', that isn't completely true either. In Latin America, GT isn't that popular and that's saying something since they worship the franchise there. The only thing they hate more is Dragon Ball Kai since they replaced all the voices.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:09 pm

HeroR wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:42 pm Most of the onslaught on GT stuff is Super Saiyan 4 and Gogeta. That and it took Dokkan four years to get most of those GT related stuff and it took Xenoverse how long before they put a playable Baby in the game.

Elements of GT are liked, but the show itself is considered forgettable in Japan. And it isn't just me saying this, people who actually live in Japan more or said they're indifferent to GT as a whole.

Also on the whole, 'GT is only hated in the west and mostly America', that isn't completely true either. In Latin America, GT isn't that popular and that's saying something since they worship the franchise there. The only thing they hate more is Dragon Ball Kai since they replaced all the voices.
I'll take your word for it but indifferent is a world of difference of hating that is what people in the west claim. As for Latin America, I live in Mexico and I grew in the middle of DB's peak and I can tell you that GT was well-liked when it was released and people here are indifferent at worst (much like the original DB in fact) and that simply because GT wasn't repeated ad nauseum for the best part of the last two decades like Z was. Z at some point was running on three time different slots, each on different points of the three sagas to boot.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:48 pm

I am... perplexed by Golden Metal Cooler.
Feels a waste of Golden Cooler. Though it might depend heavily on the story.
his attacks seems to be "Golden Super Nova"

Super Hearts is a nice design but an incredibly boring name.
His attack is "Gravity Fist"

I can confirm Gogeta:BR's attack is just "Stardust Fall"

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:28 pm

Soooo, nothing about Pan yet?
Caulifla best girl! :)

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:58 pm

Question. Is that Pan supposed to be GT Pan wearing different clothing or their own interpretation of Super Pan grown up? She's wearing Super Videl's headband.

I like the design.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:15 pm

From GT as the other Xenos.

https://twitter.com/suisoukiraki/status ... 93730?s=19

Also, called it!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:14 pm

Wow, Super Hearts looks like DIO! I wonder how much this will play into the character?
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:41 pm

mfwlegend3 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:58 pm Question. Is that Pan supposed to be GT Pan wearing different clothing or their own interpretation of Super Pan grown up? She's wearing Super Videl's headband.

I like the design.
That's what i'm wondering myself, Bulla is around the same age and the clothing she has in GT makes her look older or she is just taller idk, i'm not too sure here but if she is really grown up then super saiyan is definetly coming her way finally.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:48 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:15 pm From GT as the other Xenos.

https://twitter.com/suisoukiraki/status ... 93730?s=19

Also, called it!
Well, to be fair it wasn't much of a reach prediction. We were pretty much all sort of expecting Pan to play a role in the story, whether GT or Xeno, given the major hints that Bandai had been dropping plus the end of the UVM8 chapter. :lol:

So basically, the manga's inclusion of Pan at the end of the UVM8 chapter wasn't just on a whim like Cipher speculated. Nor does she get a black coat like I had hoped, but oh wells.

Here's to hoping XPan gets Super Saiyan in UVM10. :thumbup:
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:03 pm

HeroR wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:42 pm Most of the onslaught on GT stuff is Super Saiyan 4 and Gogeta. That and it took Dokkan four years to get most of those GT related stuff and it took Xenoverse how long before they put a playable Baby in the game.
What are you talking about, Dokkan already had an entire GT lineage even before the 4th anniversary.

Umm and Super 17 (GT) as well as Super Yi Xing Long were already in XV2 not as DLC but as secret characters. Baby Vegeta taking so long to be released was def weird but this ain't a good example of GT's "non-popularity" in Japan, and considering they've recently re-ran GT recently since March, I'm not inclined to believe it's such a forgettable series as you claim.

The more popular characters will always be put forth into the spotlight, no matter if it's DB, DBZ, GT, or Super. Super has more characters overall but also more side forgettable characters it has yet to even put forth. Are Magetta or Botamo even in any DB games?
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:03 am

Dimps took her bandanna off... No more restrictions, she'll most definitely get the Super Saiyan form. :P But since she just became a Time Patroller and it's still a kid, like I said, hopefully she won't stick around for too long.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:29 am

Is that an older Pan? She definitely doesnt look her GT age.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:15 am

Rakurai wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:03 pm
What are you talking about, Dokkan already had an entire GT lineage even before the 4th anniversary.

Umm and Super 17 (GT) as well as Super Yi Xing Long were already in XV2 not as DLC but as secret characters. Baby Vegeta taking so long to be released was def weird but this ain't a good example of GT's "non-popularity" in Japan, and considering they've recently re-ran GT recently since March, I'm not inclined to believe it's such a forgettable series as you claim.

The more popular characters will always be put forth into the spotlight, no matter if it's DB, DBZ, GT, or Super. Super has more characters overall but also more side forgettable characters it has yet to even put forth. Are Magetta or Botamo even in any DB games?
Most of the GT stuff in Dokkan before year 4 was Super Saiyan 4. They did have GT stuff in the beginning like Baby, Omega, Trunks, and Uub, but then they didn’t get more units year 2 with Super Saiyan 4 Goku and Vegeta being anniversary units and Gogeta and Omega being the first Category leaders. Super 17 was also a Mono leader, but almost no one pulled for him since they didn’t like his character. Then, Dokkan didn’t get a new GT unit for close to year with TEQ Super Saiyan 4 Goku. Then six months later we got the anniversary.

Well, they were DLC in the first game were everything GT wasn’t in the original game and Xenoverse 2 brought over all the DLC packs from the original game.

You don’t have to believe me. I follow several people who live in Japan, for Dokkan and Legends mostly, and they more or less said the feeling of GT is indifferent with many not really remembering the show outside the cool moments.

Magetta and Botamo are cards in Dokkan. Their ‘merged’ form is one of the best tanks in the game ( in case of confusion, they have separate cards along with the ‘fuse’ card). U6 even has its own team led by Hit. Heck, Dokkan has the leader of the Trio De Danger and the U6 Namekians.

So far in Legends we really haven’t gotten a lot of Super stuff but we did get Rib, Cali, Kale, Cabba, the Battle of Gods units, two Broly based on the new movie, a Gogeta who doesn’t turn Blue, and Super Saiyan God Vegeta. We just got the Resurrection ‘F’ crew for the first anniversary.

And I’m sure you know this, but I will mention it for the sake of completion. Almost every character that has ever existed in Super outside of the breather epsoides are in Heroes. Magetta and Botamo are particularly annoying because of their tanking ability. At least they were in World Mission.
Last edited by HeroR on Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:18 am

The results from that poll to get a card

10) Super Full Power Jiren
9) Black Masked Saiyan
8) SSJ4 Vegito: Xeno
7) Full Power Broly: BR
6) SSGSS Vegito
5) SSJ4 Gogeta: Xeno
4) Masked Saiyan
3) Hearts
2) SSGSS Gogeta: BR
1) Ultra Instinct Goku

I wasn't expecting to see Hearts that high. Other than that, is pretty much the same that I expected.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:59 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:18 am I wasn't expecting to see Hearts that high.
Do you think it's because of the Anime showing him as supposedly the strongest character ruling over everyone?

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:03 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:18 am The results from that poll to get a card

10) Super Full Power Jiren
9) Black Masked Saiyan
8) SSJ4 Vegito: Xeno
7) Full Power Broly: BR
6) SSGSS Vegito
5) SSJ4 Gogeta: Xeno
4) Masked Saiyan
3) Hearts
2) SSGSS Gogeta: BR
1) Ultra Instinct Goku

I wasn't expecting to see Hearts that high. Other than that, is pretty much the same that I expected.
Hearts is a badass (he's got a pretty cool design) shame they only made him for Heroes and not the actual continuity

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:06 am

Honestly, I think is simply because of having the same VA as DIO.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:22 am

Pan:Xeno
Aattack: Otome(Maiden) Strike
Ability: Energy\health(genki) Overflowing Maiden

Teen Pan is a cute! CUTE!
...still flat as a pancake, though.
......Bra:Xeno is going to be a Titty Monster, isn't she?

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:39 am

Finally a Xeno Pan, she looks amazing. Let's hope she will get super saiyan as well :D
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:33 am

ankokudaishogun wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:22 am
Pan:Xeno
Aattack: Otome(Maiden) Strike
Ability: Energy\health(genki) Overflowing Maiden

Teen Pan is a cute! CUTE!
...still flat as a pancake, though.
......Bra:Xeno is going to be a Titty Monster, isn't she?
Unless I'm mistaken, this is still nine-year-old Pan, were you expecting her to have noticeable tits?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017