"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 436
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:46 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dragotaker » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:33 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:44 pm
ankokudaishogun wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:19 pm
S3 Hendrix wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:36 pm
Pan xeno(as far as manga lore goes) is pan directly from the shadow/evil dragon arc of GT. Hope this clears things up for you.
Are we SURE she's from GT Shadow Dragon?
Because from what I remember of the manga summaries, they met her after the Dark Gogeta shenanigans in GT World, but it wasn't stated explicitly she was from that time-frame
The manga chapter ends with them teleporting out of the GT World, only to find that a previously knocked out Pan was caught in the spell. Pretty sure it's normal GT Pan.
She does look older though, maybe Demigra or Robelu used some magic to age her a bit temporarily so she didn't had issues being on the time patrol while underage and making her stronger in the process???

Lukmendes
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:11 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Lukmendes » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:26 pm

Man, from what I'm seeing from Rakurai's translations, the story is convoluted, like, we have Demigra back in GT timeline working with the time patrol because Mechikaboola is back, young and with Supreme Kai of Time brainwashed, and at the same time, Super characters are dealing with Hearts while Fu is planning something and Ozotto is also around, it's honestly the kind of shit you see more in DB/DBZ, and that's fun, wonder if the two sides of the story will cross, hopefuly not though, they're probably better being self contained, as we already have a lot going on...

Wonder if there are videos around from pre-Prison planet stuff too for them to be translated.

Either way, good job with the translations Rakurai :thumbup: .

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6090
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:11 am

Lukmendes wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:26 pm
Man, from what I'm seeing from Rakurai's translations, the story is convoluted, like, we have Demigra back in GT timeline working with the time patrol because Mechikaboola is back, young and with Supreme Kai of Time brainwashed, and at the same time, Super characters are dealing with Hearts while Fu is planning something and Ozotto is also around, it's honestly the kind of shit you see more in DB/DBZ, and that's fun, wonder if the two sides of the story will cross, hopefuly not though, they're probably better being self contained, as we already have a lot going on...

Wonder if there are videos around from pre-Prison planet stuff too for them to be translated.

Either way, good job with the translations Rakurai :thumbup: .
World Mission has the english version of some saga's pre-prison planet, those stories having set the foundation for the Demigra and Supreme Kai stuff.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6090
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:24 am

Forgive the double post, but the new Heroes episode is up and says the next mission comes out on the 11th of July.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Lukmendes
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:11 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Lukmendes » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:28 am

Kanassa wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:11 am
World Mission has the english version of some saga's pre-prison planet, those stories having set the foundation for the Demigra and Supreme Kai stuff.
Yeah I know, but those skip over a lot of shit, like one of Towa's transformations, or Demigra not being only behind the scenes (If I remember correctly he was the main threat for a while, then Trunks defeated him and then Mechikaboola was resurrected), so the manga just scratches the surface of what happened, although chances are it didn't have much of a story for the most part.

User avatar
Zamasu55
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1782
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:53 am

The power scale is just crazy here.

We have Ssj (!) Vegeta taking on Zamasu, Piccolo taking on characters that rival Hit. And did Toei completely forget about Ssj Rage? It's crazy that it's the only form that hasn't been shown yet.

Anyway, Golden Metal Cooler was a joy to watch. He completely destroyed Cumber, doing much better than characters like SsjB KK Vegetto, Ssj4 Xeno Vegetto and Jiren.

User avatar
Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular
Posts: 651
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:15 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:11 am

I don't think Golden Metal Cooler showed that much power above the characters you mention (besides SSB Vegito that is). V4 is on a time limit so he went straight for the finishing move, effortlessly beating SSJ3 Cumber, just like GMCooler. And Jiren defeated Cumber offscreen so we can't really gauge his performance.

User avatar
Zamasu55
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1782
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:42 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:11 am
I don't think Golden Metal Cooler showed that much power above the characters you mention (besides SSB Vegito that is). V4 is on a time limit so he went straight for the finishing move, effortlessly beating SSJ3 Cumber, just like GMCooler. And Jiren defeated Cumber offscreen so we can't really gauge his performance.
Ssj3 Cumber survived Ssj4 Vegetto's kamehameha, but couldn't stand still after Cooler's attacks, he literally fell into the grown.

What do you mean Jiren defeated Cumber? They were very even, of course Jiren wasn't going all out and Cumber still didn't land a punch, but Cooler absolutely curbstomped the hell out of him, Jiren didn't.

Block88
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue May 09, 2017 3:28 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Block88 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:57 am

Zamasu55 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:53 am
The power scale is just crazy here.

We have Ssj (!) Vegeta taking on Zamasu, Piccolo taking on characters that rival Hit. And did Toei completely forget about Ssj Rage? It's crazy that it's the only form that hasn't been shown yet.

Anyway, Golden Metal Cooler was a joy to watch. He completely destroyed Cumber, doing much better than characters like SsjB KK Vegetto, Ssj4 Xeno Vegetto and Jiren.
U mean a mess in powerscaling

Block88
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue May 09, 2017 3:28 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Block88 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:58 am

Anyway how far is the story In the arcade in?

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6090
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:10 am

Block88 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:58 am
Anyway how far is the story In the arcade in?
To just before this point.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

User avatar
Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular
Posts: 651
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:15 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:21 am

Zamasu55 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:42 am
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:11 am
I don't think Golden Metal Cooler showed that much power above the characters you mention (besides SSB Vegito that is). V4 is on a time limit so he went straight for the finishing move, effortlessly beating SSJ3 Cumber, just like GMCooler. And Jiren defeated Cumber offscreen so we can't really gauge his performance.
Ssj3 Cumber survived Ssj4 Vegetto's kamehameha, but couldn't stand still after Cooler's attacks, he literally fell into the grown.

What do you mean Jiren defeated Cumber? They were very even, of course Jiren wasn't going all out and Cumber still didn't land a punch, but Cooler absolutely curbstomped the hell out of him, Jiren didn't.
Did you forgot how Cumber went MIA after being hit by V4's Kamehameha long enough for the Xenos fight Fuu, Hearts' group escaping the core Area, gave their little speech and then running away?

At this point Cumber being defeated just to come back minutes later is a trend.

User avatar
Rinsankajugin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 495
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:50 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:36 am

Off-camera recording of Universe Mission 9's opening.

Looks like Xeno Gogeta now has SS4 Kaioken. IIRC, that form was in the data for XV2 but never got finished.

User avatar
Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular
Posts: 651
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:15 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:45 am

And there you go, Xeno Pan is the same age as GT Pan.

I think is pretty funny how SSJ4 GT Goku has Brown pants for a sec before returning to yellow a frame later.

Xeno Gogeta SSJ4 with KK sounds broken. Awesome

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6276
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:07 am

I think using Kaio-Ken technique with Super Saiyan 4 might be easier than using it with Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. In the latter, you are using the god power along with the Super Saiyan form + Kaio-Ken. In the former, it's a simple combination of a regular transformation with a technique.
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:45 am
And there you go, Xeno Pan is the same age as GT Pan.
There wasn't any doubt about that.

User avatar
Wilderness
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 pm
Location: Basildon, Essex, UK
Contact:

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Wilderness » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:14 am

Grimlock wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:07 am
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:45 am
And there you go, Xeno Pan is the same age as GT Pan.
There wasn't any doubt about that.
There were lots of posts debating it... :lol:
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6276
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:29 am

Wilderness wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:14 am
There were lots of posts debating it... :lol:
Unnecessary, if you ask me. It was based on the artstyle of a card, even though I had already said they can be misleading. Also, there is the manga, which showed Pan taken from the Shadow Dragons saga. And though it deviates from the arcade, the manga going for kid Pan and the arcade going for an older Pan would be too much.

Older Pan is just a wish some of us share. As for me, I just don't want a kid messing with serious business. Heck, in the UM9 trailer that happens, Xeno Gogeta appeared to save her. I can already see Pan causing trouble and making things more difficult, which is why an older Pan being Time Patroller would be a lot better. Hopefully Kaioshin of Time sends Pan back home once she returns. :P

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6090
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:42 am

Grimlock wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:29 am
Older Pan is just a wish some of us share. As for me, I just don't want a kid messing with serious business.
What about the Xeno Avatars?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6276
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:48 am

Kanassa wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:42 am
What about the Xeno Avatars?
Xeno Avatars?

User avatar
Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular
Posts: 651
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:15 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:02 am

I'm guessing Kanassa means the player avatars like Beat and Note

Post Reply