"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gt91
Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gt91 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:45 am

Noitsnothim wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:14 am
Dragotaker wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:04 am
Kenneth La Torre wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:54 pm
heroes kinda points to GT being as hot as super. GT concepts have been very popular in heroes, and the merchandise is very good too. if anything, people seem to want thinks like ssj4.
Funny you say that because i remember whenever they showed those trailers with like Gohan or Vegetto SS4 for the first time and you could hear the reaction of the audience that was there at the moment right at the end they would all clap like they were excited yet maybe it's just me but this time when SSG Trunks showed and then at the end people were all quiet and you could hear some mild chatting like they were confused and expected something else entirely or at least that's what i got from what i watched.
Don't doubt it I think everyone since the mid 90's and all throughout the 2000s wondered what a SS4 Trunks would look like and to see them do this is just messed up unless the SSG power runs out like it did for Goku in BoG I don't see any other way they can make Time Patrol Trunks need SS4

Just imagine SS4 Gohan & Trunks Fusing into SS4 Gohanks (their power and potential since they're hybrids would be unstoppable they'd probably be stronger than Gogeta SS4)
That would be AMAZING.
We need of course new ss4. (trunks, goten, gotenks, cumber, raditz ecc)

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:25 pm

Gt91 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:45 am That would be AMAZING.
As much as I want to see Goten and Trunks as SSJ4, the one I want to see most is SSJ4 Gotenks. Would his hair turn red like Gogeta, or would it keep the black/purple mix? I've seen fan designs for both and they both look amazing.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:02 pm

Gt91 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:45 am
Dragotaker wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:04 am

Funny you say that because i remember whenever they showed those trailers with like Gohan or Vegetto SS4 for the first time and you could hear the reaction of the audience that was there at the moment right at the end they would all clap like they were excited yet maybe it's just me but this time when SSG Trunks showed and then at the end people were all quiet and you could hear some mild chatting like they were confused and expected something else entirely or at least that's what i got from what i watched.
Don't doubt it I think everyone since the mid 90's and all throughout the 2000s wondered what a SS4 Trunks would look like and to see them do this is just messed up unless the SSG power runs out like it did for Goku in BoG I don't see any other way they can make Time Patrol Trunks need SS4

Just imagine SS4 Gohan & Trunks Fusing into SS4 Gohanks (their power and potential since they're hybrids would be unstoppable they'd probably be stronger than Gogeta SS4)
That would be AMAZING.
I still think SS4 Cumber is coming and he'll look glorious...They'll need him to be in that form to fend off against SSB Evolved Vegeta & SS Rage Future Trunks while UI Omen Goku fights Super Hearts and Piccolo & 17 go up against giant or Super Kamioren

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:21 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:22 pm
SSJgogeto wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:59 pm
Oh, that's how they called this "form" of Goku. I just call this form "Godly Super Saiyan".
Mine would be Chou Super Saiyan.
Cool.

I use Chou SS too, but not to this:
Instead, I use the name to this form:
IMO they aren't the same. Also, it would be good if Heroes give us a name, it's the closest thing to "official" we have.

RichardKing2
Beyond Newbie

Post by RichardKing2 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:50 pm

Bit of a random question but, how tall would you guys say Hearts is? 5'11?

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:41 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:02 pm

That would be AMAZING.
I still think SS4 Cumber is coming and he'll look glorious...They'll need him to be in that form to fend off against SSB Evolved Vegeta & SS Rage Future Trunks while UI Omen Goku fights Super Hearts and Piccolo & 17 go up against giant or Super Kamioren

I think Cumber ship already sailed for now at least, Trunks was the chosen one this year and then next mission is the final battle of the story, he will probably disappear for a long while after the end, even then who's to say they wouldn't give him SSG too???

The only good thing that could come out for this is for SSG and then SSB to overtake the anniversary spot making SS4 to appear in a more casual basis.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:37 pm

Alruneia wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:15 pm
ankokudaishogun wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:03 pm
Wilderness wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:48 pm I wonder if they were a little stuck on design ideas on how they'd execute a SSJ4 form?
IMHO it's a combination of them not finding a convincing enough SS4 design for Trunks and wanting to throw a curve ball subverting the expectation of the public
The design point is a bit strange, because on one hand, it makes sense that they'd struggle with it, the fandom has been messing with it for years (how to do the hairstyle, how to implement Trunks' hair colour since it would the first non-blackhaired SS4), but on the other hand, it really wouldn't be too difficult to just try something (or in the case of long-haired Trunks, just steal SS4 Broly's hairstyle) and tweak it until it looks good.
In short, it's hard but also not hard. :crazy:
Just as an update to this post, I did what I was talking about (just try something) and drew up an SS4 long-haired Trunks design. But while doing so I found out just how many colour combinations there could be...
I'm trying to get a general consensus on what colour combination looks the best on him, but I realise that this isn't the thread for that. Once I get that done (at least reduced down from 24 combinations!), maybe I'll attempt a serious drawing of it.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:21 pm

Dragotaker wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:41 pm
Noitsnothim wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:02 pm

That would be AMAZING.

I think Cumber ship already sailed for now at least, Trunks was the chosen one this year and then next mission is the final battle of the story, he will probably disappear for a long while after the end, even then who's to say they wouldn't give him SSG too???

The only good thing that could come out for this is for SSG and then SSB to overtake the anniversary spot making SS4 to appear in a more casual basis.
I really don't think Cumber will die (Saiyan base characters are usually the more popular and are brought back multiple times) I don't think they'd just create for two stories and then write him off especially since he has spectacular feats (Like creating a saiyan tail made out of his dark evil energy) I also find cumber to be interesting character design wise (He's the Saiyan Bane while Broly is the Saiyan Hulk) He's bound to get SS4 either in this story or in another

reason he didn't get it back in the prison planet was because he didn't harness the power of the golden great ape (must've been too tough for him at the time I assume having full control is already hard enough)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:08 am

Yeah, there's no way Cumber is being shelved anyway soon. Guy is probably the most popular Heroes' original character yet. Plus, the extended focus on his tail is definitely a sign he's getting SSJ4 sooner or later.

As for why he didn't turnSS4 during Prison Planet, I agree with Noitsnothim, SSJ4 needs a degree of self-control that Cumber simply lacks.

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:50 pm

Alruneia wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:37 pm
Alruneia wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:15 pm
ankokudaishogun wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:03 pm
IMHO it's a combination of them not finding a convincing enough SS4 design for Trunks and wanting to throw a curve ball subverting the expectation of the public
The design point is a bit strange, because on one hand, it makes sense that they'd struggle with it, the fandom has been messing with it for years (how to do the hairstyle, how to implement Trunks' hair colour since it would the first non-blackhaired SS4), but on the other hand, it really wouldn't be too difficult to just try something (or in the case of long-haired Trunks, just steal SS4 Broly's hairstyle) and tweak it until it looks good.
In short, it's hard but also not hard. :crazy:
Just as an update to this post, I did what I was talking about (just try something) and drew up an SS4 long-haired Trunks design. But while doing so I found out just how many colour combinations there could be...
I'm trying to get a general consensus on what colour combination looks the best on him, but I realise that this isn't the thread for that. Once I get that done (at least reduced down from 24 combinations!), maybe I'll attempt a serious drawing of it.
Really like your design, it combines the best of what Trunks hair could look like, the color should be purple because no way is gonna be Future Trunks and Black would look odd, now i'm even sadder that it didn't happen and god knows if it will ever do :( :( :( :(

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:01 pm

What's surprise me is that Namco Bandai didn't capitalize on the Broly movie to made a OG Broly vs Super Broly storyline arc. :o
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:22 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:01 pm What's surprise me is that Namco Bandai didn't capitalize on the Broly movie to made a OG Broly vs Super Broly storyline arc. :o
maybe because its illogical to put a beerus level foe against... well, OG broly. but we already have nonsense like that in other medias like xenoverse 2, where OG broly solos all.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:17 am

To comment on the SS4 Cumber situation: if we're getting SS4 Cumber in the future (and I'd be surprised if we never did), it likely won't be an anniversary CGI teaser level type of reveal. Cumber doesn't have the same type of popularity or exposure as Broly, Bardock, Gohan, Vegetto, or even FTrunks. Note how all the reveals have so far been for popular DB characters, with the first two being arguably in the Top 3, the latter three's popularity being relatively high. Unfortunately, that means that we might never get anything special for Goten since he usually doesn't even crack the Top 10 in anything, unless it's a double whammy and he's featured alongside a very popular character. But that's good news if all you want is SS4 Cumber quicker.

RichardKing2 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:50 pm Bit of a random question but, how tall would you guys say Hearts is? 5'11?
I'd say he's around the same height as adult Goku, whatever Goku's height officially is.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:44 am

The upcoming promo Goku Xeno has the "throw the enemy" skill from the UMV8 CP set.

Also, the SDBH focused series has been released and man, Vegito Xeno looks badass.

I still think is strange how despite all the hype, he has only shown once, plot-wise in the game.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:17 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:53 pm https://twitter.com/hosi101111/status/1 ... 6978513922

This seems like overkill
Jiren would've released his ki in an explosion and knock all of them away

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:17 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:53 pm https://twitter.com/hosi101111/status/1 ... 6978513922

This seems like overkill
Golden freeza is so out of place there, compared to these hakaishin+ level characters.

RichardKing2
Beyond Newbie

Post by RichardKing2 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:37 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:17 pm

This seems like overkill
Jiren would've released his ki in an explosion and knock all of them away
You're of the viewpoint that Jiren would stomp SSB Gogeta?

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:47 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:44 am The upcoming promo Goku Xeno has the "throw the enemy" skill from the UMV8 CP set.

Also, the SDBH focused series has been released and man, Vegito Xeno looks badass.

I still think is strange how despite all the hype, he has only shown once, plot-wise in the game.
I'm very curious to try out the this throw-the-enemy CAA. I'll be in Japan soon and I might start collecting some of the SDBH cards, at the very least try to snag some UR/SECs.

I mean... Vegetto is a plot device seldom used across DB. He's only ever shown up twice in the entire DB series. Don't know what more you'd want.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:18 pm

Well, Gogeta Xeno is being used a lot. So I don't think it would hurt to share the spotlight with Vegito Xeno.