"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rakurai » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:42 am

Well, now that UVM series is over. What were some of y’all fav SEC cards b/w UVM1-12? Could be for any reason, card art, visuals, card abilities, etc.

Here’s my Top 5:
1. UM9-SEC SS4 Son Goku: GT (GT OP Kamehameha)
2. UM2-SEC Evil Saiyan (Restrains on)
3. UM8-SEC SS4 Gogeta: Xeno (S/T Transfer w/ V4)
3. UM2-SEC Son Goku: Berserker (Has the SS2 hairstyle)
4. UM4-SEC Fuu (Super Fuu)
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:57 pm

I'm obviously biased towards anything SSJ4 so my choices probably won't be very surprising.

1. UM8-SEC SSJ4 Gogeta: Xeno (S/T Transfer w/ V4)
2. UM5-SEC SSJ4 Vegito: Xeno
3. UM11-SEC4 SSJ4 Vegito: Xeno
4. UM11-SEC5 SSJ4 Gogeta: Xeno
5. UM9-SEC SSJ4 Son Goku: GT (GT OP Kamehameha)

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:41 pm

Anything that is gogeta blue or a ss4 is going to be at the top of my list.
cant say i can place them in order, so thats as much as i can say

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:57 pm

Gotenks and Trunks are still the only characters not to get Super Saiyan 4. I liked God Trunks well enough, but I really hope that doesn't kill his chances at getting 4 too, and by extension Gotenks.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Gohan123
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gohan123 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:57 pm

I hope Xeno Goku and Vegeta get new form .

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:54 pm

Rakurai wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:00 pm
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:09 pm
Kenneth La Torre wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:22 am Yall dont need to pay attention to the wiki. most dont even consider it a reliable source.
The problem is that many, many people who don't know better do use the wiki as a reliable source of info and then they repeat that faulty information everywhere, ultimately tainting the general impression of the game and its characters. Is how SDBH had to actually come out and say that no, the Xenos didn't know SSG was even a thing until Chronoa told them to dispel the notion that Goku Xeno had a God ki boosted SSJ4. And you know why people thought that? Because Geekdom made a video about it using the wiki as a source.
And I know for a fact that they use my translations when updating SDBH events/details on the Wiki.

I really wish they would ask me for permission to use my translations or at least cite them. How else can readers double-check those facts? They're especially not very good about providing sources when they are unofficial translations.
Someone should make an orderly summary of the manga, anime, videogame/s and the material/information from other sources to be able to compare and know where each data related to this kind of "Time Patrol and demons Saga" comes from. Before everything mixes much more and it's too late XD

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:57 pm

So, Kakarot's trophies have leaked and

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:03 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:57 pm So, Kakarot's trophies have leaked and
I hope they keep giving him development like XV and Heroes have

ShadowVezon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ShadowVezon » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:12 am

Rakurai wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:56 pm Oh right, totally forgot about the time when they fight the Janembas (don't think it's multiple times tho, just once but a whole bunch of them). We can prob rule out CCs going thru M12 then.
They fight him twice - once in UM3 (just before the rematch with Evil Saiyan, it's standard Janemba with four clones) and the one you noted in UM4 (powered up Janemba with six clones).

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:21 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:57 pm So, Kakarot's trophies have leaked and
Oh that's interesting. Tbh I haven't cared for this game at all (tired of DBZ playthrough reboots), but any references to Time Patrol/Demon god lore is always a + in my book.
ShadowVezon wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:12 am They fight him twice - once in UM3 (just before the rematch with Evil Saiyan, it's standard Janemba with four clones) and the one you noted in UM4 (powered up Janemba with six clones).
I haven't seen that mission in the videos I translated. Do you have a source for it?

Also welcome to Kanzenshuu! :thumbup: Looking forward to your discussion contributions to Heroes (read your intro lol).
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

ShadowVezon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ShadowVezon » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:14 am

Rakurai wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:21 am I haven't seen that mission in the videos I translated. Do you have a source for it?

Also welcome to Kanzenshuu! :thumbup: Looking forward to your discussion contributions to Heroes (read your intro lol).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLwr0-NeqPE

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 am

Oh neat. So the enemy of that mission was Final Janemba and four fat Janembas. I guess they had to get past thru them to continue up ahead to Cumber.

Altho, they don't seem to have had any interactions at all. So it's hard to judge whether Goku & Vegeta knew who their enemy was beforehand.

--

I just noticed a difference b/w SS4 XGogeta's & SSB Gogeta's S/T transfer w/ V4 while watching NOA's latest story playthru.

XGogeta uses atomic Kamehameha

While UM12-SEC Gogeta: UM uses Big Bang Kamehameha.

EDIT: My bad I posted the wrong time earlier. It's corrected now. Also, turns out not just Gogeta, but also Vegetto uses different variations of his Spirit/Galaxy sword slash.
Last edited by Rakurai on Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

ShadowVezon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ShadowVezon » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:50 am

Rakurai wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 am Oh neat. So the enemy of that mission was Final Janemba and four fat Janembas. I guess they had to get past thru them to continue up ahead to Cumber.

Altho, they don't seem to have had any interactions at all. So it's hard to judge whether Goku & Vegeta knew who their enemy was beforehand.
The Prison Planet has a ton of battles like that - pretty much all the movie henchmen appear as minor battles throughout the missions, and nobody interacts with any of them.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:01 am

ShadowVezon wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:50 am The Prison Planet has a ton of battles like that - pretty much all the movie henchmen appear as minor battles throughout the missions, and nobody interacts with any of them.
It's not just movie villains, a lot of the missions tend to have characters from all over DB, even GT/Super characters will cross over now and then. Sometimes the dialogue makes references to them tho.

ShadowVezon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ShadowVezon » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:10 am

Rakurai wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:01 am It's not just movie villains, a lot of the missions tend to have characters from all over DB, even GT/Super characters will cross over now and then. Sometimes the dialogue makes references to them tho.
I only singled out the Prison Planet villains because their presence is explained by the plot. Characters like Chilled appearing in Universe 11, and all the Machine Mutant characters appearing in Universe 6, is a little less logical.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:55 am

Could it be "filler" fights? Just because it's there for the player to fight, doesn't mean it is part of the story. If the plot doesn't acknowledge a character and there isn't even interaction whatsoever, I see no reason to say, like, Janemba was part of the Prison Planet saga.

Before story/plot, Dragon Ball Heroes is still a game, so... These kind of "extra fights" are there probably just to give players something more. Dunno.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ShadowVezon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ShadowVezon » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:13 am

Grimlock wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:55 am Could it be "filler" fights? Just because it's there for the player to fight, doesn't mean it is part of the story. If the plot doesn't acknowledge a character and there isn't even interaction whatsoever, I see no reason to say, like, Janemba was part of the Prison Planet saga.

Before story/plot, Dragon Ball Heroes is still a game, so... These kind of "extra fights" are there probably just to give players something more. Dunno.
I mean, it's pretty clear Vegeta and Trunks didn't fight Baby and clones of Rilldo in Universe 6, but part of the premise of the Prison Planet was that Fu had dumped loads of villains from different times/places onto it, and they were making a beeline for the people with Special Dragon Balls - Vegeta complains to Fu about it after the second fight with Janemba.

I've also noticed that there's several lines of dialogue in UM1 missing from the translations - between the introduction and the fight with Xeno Goku, there's a mission where Goku and Vegeta spar with Fu. NEXT seems to have skipped it, so I'll try and find a source for it.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:25 am

I agree with the notion that most of the mission battles tend to be filler, and only those acknowledged or referenced in dialogue should be considered as 'part' of the story.

However, sometimes there are cases when no interaction happens but we know it happens. Like team battles w/ the enemies, e.g. during Hell Gates, we know Vegeta fought the Resurrection F gang (and implied to have Golden Frieza among them) even tho he only interacted w/ Towa, since in other dialogue the other TPs acknowledge their foes from their assigned Gate.

I suppose in the end, it's up to one's interpretation of context and narrative. I do think there's a strong possibility they fought Janemba on their way around the Prison Planet, at the same time it doesn't affect the main story so I can't deny the possibility of it not actually happening.

That being said, I will try to include mission enemies whenever I can, if there are videos on them.
ShadowVezon wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:13 am I mean, it's pretty clear Vegeta and Trunks didn't fight Baby and clones of Rilldo in Universe 6, but part of the premise of the Prison Planet was that Fu had dumped loads of villains from different times/places onto it, and they were making a beeline for the people with Special Dragon Balls - Vegeta complains to Fu about it after the second fight with Janemba.

I've also noticed that there's several lines of dialogue in UM1 missing from the translations - between the introduction and the fight with Xeno Goku, there's a mission where Goku and Vegeta spar with Fu. NEXT seems to have skipped it, so I'll try and find a source for it.
I remember finding this out a while back, and just never got around to including those translations (along with UM4 at the time)... thanks for the reminder, and yes pls do share the videos when you find them (srry, too lazy to look for them at this point).

--

Also, if anybody's a fan of SDBH music, here's the full version of the BBM theme song (live from Jump Festa)!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2OImmvWRLo

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:36 am

Anyone has a link to V4's new Final Kamehameha?

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:54 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:36 am Anyone has a link to V4's new Final Kamehameha?
https://twitter.com/hosi101111/status/1 ... 43713?s=21

It’s not a new version of final kamehameha, it’s just regular final kamehameha.(unlike how Vegito cc ssjB had God final kamehameha, and Vegito cc SSJBKK had warp final kamehameha)