"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Majin Demigra » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:44 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:25 pm Translation for the BBM story scoop from V jump that I did, finally we understand a bit more of what’s going on.

https://twitter.com/jaredhendrix6/statu ... 63457?s=21
That line "Escapes to Universe 7" makes me wonder where(in Heroes) the Time Nest is in the cosmos

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:10 pm

How does the SDBH story continue to be better & better?

Having all of the GoDs getting involved in Time Patrol lore is pretty game-changing to the story I would say. With them being directly involved & in the fray, now we know how high the stakes must be.

I'm incline to feel that anybody that tells you Heroes sucks, is boring, or the like just straight-up doesn't know what they're talking about.

Also, I wonder how Goku CC will react to Pan: Xeno being his grown-up granddaughter.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Gohan123
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gohan123 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:29 pm

Rakurai wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:10 pm How does the SDBH story continue to be better & better?

Having all of the GoDs getting involved in Time Patrol lore is pretty game-changing to the story I would say. With them being directly involved & in the fray, now we know how high the stakes must be.

I'm incline to feel that anybody that tells you Heroes sucks, is boring, or the like just straight-up doesn't know what they're talking about.

Also, I wonder how Goku CC will react to Pan: Xeno being his grown-up granddaughter.
I want to see how Beerus and Whis reaction to Xeno Goku , Xeno Vegeta and Xeno Trunks.

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:17 pm

With the leaks already out is safe to say there is nothing actually new in the first chapter of this saga now is it? really disappointed with that tbh, in the past the SEC's could probably make up for that but now those are the least likely to bring surprises ironically.

Now since there are 12 Gods and all of them are involved in the current story does that mean we could have 12 chapters again like in UVM? each one in a different universe featuring their respective God? i really hope that's the case because those 4 Gods that didn't participate in the tournament should have pretty strong people in their universes, some really strong new characters could be in order.

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:13 pm

Rakurai wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:10 pm How does the SDBH story continue to be better & better?

It irks me when people say: "It's fanservice xD", and don't know anything about the lore outside of the commercials/trailers.

Grandpriest3

Post by Grandpriest3 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:26 pm

The Black Reaper wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:00 am
Rakurai wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:02 am
Kenneth La Torre wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:31 pm
yep that went over my head too, my bad. well what i said, in addition to this.
I'll say this: this thread doesn't restrict powerscaling debates of SDBH, & while it's not discussed around here too often, I myself am not opposed to discussing it whenever it gets brought up since, well, this is sort of the nature of DB fans after all & there's a lot of clarification to be made.

That being said, I think ppl should be free to discuss SDBH-related content here, whether it's story or marketing or merch or power debates as long as it doesn't get too hostile. I also believe that UMX should be allowed here since its own thread is largely dead. Promotional anime & manga should go into their appropriate threads, however, unless it's being discussed in the context or comparison of the arcade.

As for that link. I clicked on it & it only confirms what I think about the Vs Wiki: laughable & even more flawed than the DB Wiki. Not only do they use incomplete information on ports like UMX (not that they played or watched playthroughs of the game & thus understood its plot or characters in the 1st place, or even have a proper translator to clarify for them), but the fact that they don't bother to separate different continuities of XGoku alone proves how much of a joke that site is.
Yeah...the link I posted here that day was about how guys like SSJRyu,ZenkaiBattery and some others from VSBattle Wiki tried to deny that DBH has multiple Continuities and each Continuities have their own scailings & such.

They used the Ultimate Charisma mission Manga to 'prove' that "UMX is connected to the Arcade".(which is obviously wrong,I mean,the time patrollers can't meet Chamel for the first time twice lol)
And also argued that Xenoverse is the prequel of UMX because apparently Demigra's death in XV1 was mentioned in UMX.

I just thought you guys ...well...might be interested about it.I mean,I've seen Rakurai and several other discuss about DBH having multiple Continuities and
..there are multiple incarnations of Xeno Goku.Multiple times
I agree VBW isn't the best place to trust for information on the characters, as I have made multiple threads to change their interpretation of the characters.

Also I'm Zenkaibattery, and I know there are multiple continuities within heroes and different variations of XGoku. However, the profile on the wiki is treated as a psuedo-composite Xeno-Goku. The reason being is because seperate keys (Such as UMX and the manga and what not) or profiles would be redundant, as they would just be the same tier (2-B and MFTL+ speed in this case) anyway with almost all the same abilities. Simiarly for Demigra, it's treated as a pseudo-composite. So basically, XGoku is treated as a more composite profile to keep the profile clean and not redundant with the same tiers just with different justifications.

Hope that clears some stuff up

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:09 pm

Grandpriest3 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:26 pm Also I'm Zenkaibattery, and I know there are multiple continuities within heroes and different variations of XGoku. However, the profile on the wiki is treated as a psuedo-composite Xeno-Goku. The reason being is because seperate keys (Such as UMX and the manga and what not) or profiles would be redundant, as they would just be the same tier (2-B and MFTL+ speed in this case) anyway with almost all the same abilities. Simiarly for Demigra, it's treated as a pseudo-composite. So basically, XGoku is treated as a more composite profile to keep the profile clean and not redundant with the same tiers just with different justifications.

Hope that clears some stuff up
Hey, first of all, appreciate you responding here.

Second, Idk what kind of tier list classifications these are, but saying that these Gokus are around the same level of strength is just totally wrong.

In UMX, Goku: Xeno has gone through the SSG ritual, has had training from Whis, & trained by himself later on.

In WM, base Goku: Xeno is a significantly stronger than ToP SSB Goku & but the SS4 Xeno duo lose to SSB Vegetto.

In the manga, SS4 Goku: Xeno is equal to SS4 Broly Dark/Final Form Mira/SSB Goku.

In the arcade, the SS4 Xeno duo are on par with SS Cumber, who was a match for SSB Vegetto.

A better alternative is: why not just use the feats only for the main continuity, which is the arcade, instead of spin-offs like UMX & WM? A Goku: Xeno with, e.g., 'Saiyan Beyond God' & SS4 is just straight-up wrong & no version of that Goku: Xeno exists (yet).

Idk how the Wiki operates nor do I know if this is also done for other series, but it would be wise to tell the readers that what they're reading is a composite & put a disclaimer or note. I also assume that the same is done for main timeline Goku, where anime & manga events of DBS are combined (since I would think they'd be in the same tier classification), otherwise there's some hypocrisy/double standard at play here.
Last edited by Rakurai on Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:17 pm

Speaking of Goku: Xeno. Wanted to share a sort of profile or survey I've been working on lately which provides a comprehensive exposition on the character & popular discussion points surrounding the character, given that there hasn't been an adequate one around the internet, not in Wikis or origin videos about him. Mainly, who is he, where does he come from, what's his relationship to the rest of DB, & what are the primary differences between versions of him.

Link is here.

The text is obv not done yet, & I also hope to add visuals & references later on. It may read very formally, which is a habit of mine since I'm a researcher in STEM, so I hope to simplify the vocab too in the near future.

Please feel free to send your feedback & share. I am always open to improvement. Any error identification, clarifications, & suggestions would be appreciated!

I would be happy if ppl could use this doc as supporting evidence to discuss Goku: Xeno, but pls also note that some of my subjective interpretation is there & therfore care should be taken to separate fact from opinion or speculation/induction. :thumbup:

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:14 pm

Rakurai wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:53 amI think I know what you mean. You want old characters who could absorb characters to absorb characters they've never been shown to absorb before. Baby Trunks, Baby Janemba, Super 17 18-absorbed, Babidi-controlled villains. You want transformations for characters where at least one of the two are obscure & they have to be stretched out, i.e. not probable when taken IC. Golden Ape Gogeta/Broly, SS3 FGohan/Raditz/Nappa. Am I hitting around the mark?
Yes, but isn't only that. Maybe the main problem for me is that the game nowadays have an actual plot.

Now don't get me wrong, I think it's nice to have a decent "history mode", and paraphrasing Goku Black, IMO Heroes is a nice 'appetizer' without any effect in the can... I mean, the main story. Something like GT or Xenoverse, you know.

But before, at least to me, we had a sense of randomness that I can't see in the game since a while. And I miss a little that times, honestly.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:43 pm

Am I the only one who wants to know what Majin Ozotto's next plan or phase is ? (He absorbed lagss someone he deemed as important due to her abilities) So what's his endgame in all that's happening in Big Bang Mission? Is he in cahoots with Fu? Out to get the Gods of Destruction?

One thing I can say about him is that he has a goal...In the 'Prison Planet' portion of The SDBH Manga Ozotto's wish is revealed to be an Unaging & Undying body but as some or most of you already know that didn't happen

Could he be after the Super Dragon Balls? He's creepy and shady but such a cool character I honestly wonder where he ranks in terms of In-game Power scaling

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:06 am

Promotional episode on TP vs. Mechi was aired.

Will only discuss it a little here. That promotional anime special mainly focused on Vegetto vs Mechikaboola. No involvement from the Demon Gods or Demigra or Robel. It all felt so rushed... but at least we did get to see teen Fuu.

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:08 am

Geez I was surprised about how much of the story they skipped over

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:09 am

I've seen baby Fu and teen Fu and I'm so happy hehe!!
I just wanna know a little bit more about this character, in Xenoverse 2 he didn't seem to care about his family nor his own home. I wonder if he'll start to care about them one day? aside from that, the episode was pretty normal I have nothing particular to say about it. It only lasts for 7mins so I was not expecting anything big.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:39 am

Noitsnothim wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:43 pm
Am I the only one who wants to know what Majin Ozotto's next plan or phase is ? (He absorbed lagss someone he deemed as important due to her abilities) So what's his endgame in all that's happening in Big Bang Mission? Is he in cahoots with Fu? Out to get the Gods of Destruction?

One thing I can say about him is that he has a goal...In the 'Prison Planet' portion of The SDBH Manga Ozotto's wish is revealed to be an Unaging & Undying body but as some or most of you already know that didn't happen

Could he be after the Super Dragon Balls? He's creepy and shady but such a cool character I honestly wonder where he ranks in terms of In-game Power scaling
He's prob just as strong as the Blue transformations tbh. Well, he was assisting the CC gang along w/ Cooler, after all.

With Lagss he might have more hax, & also have gotten stronger.

I doubt he is after the DBs, & honestly I'm not sure how he's gonna fit into BM. Unless they finally bring back his planet eating habit again, he'd be like the Moro of DBH.

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:57 am

Rakurai wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:39 am
Noitsnothim wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:43 pm

He's prob just as strong as the Blue transformations tbh. Well, he was assisting the CC gang along w/ Cooler, after all.

With Lagss he might have more hax, & also have gotten stronger.

I doubt he is after the DBs, & honestly I'm not sure how he's gonna fit into BM. Unless they finally bring back his planet eating habit again, he'd be like the Moro of DBH.
I'm still hoping they haven't forgotten about his power to copy other's abilities like in his old game

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:35 pm

You know what would've been really cool... and wacky? Goku and Xeno Goku fusing while fighting a Goku Black and Baby Vegeta fusion during the Prison Planet Arc. Now, how would Goku Black and Baby be there, you guys may ask? Simple. Fu could abduct a Goku Black from right before Goku, Vegeta, and Trunks went back to the Future timeline, the first time around, in Super, and a Baby from before the moment when Pan, Mr. Satan, Buu, and Uub assaulted him in GT. Two enemies that Goku (from Super) and Xeno Goku fought in their pasts. And yes, yes, I know, Heroes purists, Xeno Goku is not exactly the same Goku from the GT continuity, but still, he has gone through the GT events, hence why he has Super Saiyan 4, right? But yeah, that's my really wacky but cool idea that we never got to see in Heroes. What do you guys think?
Caulifla best girl! :)

MeMeDZEHH
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MeMeDZEHH » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:37 pm

Majin Demigra wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:08 am Geez I was surprised about how much of the story they skipped over
I don't get why people are surprised by this. The anime is here to promote the game, not replace it.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:04 pm

So the Gods of Destruction are not possesed and are just doing their job.

It's 12 vs what, Goku/Vegeta/Trunks/ Xeno Goku and Xeno Vegeta?

And remember, they can destroy anyone pretty much easily. Can't wait to see how they'll ruin them just like they did with Jiren, Hearts and others.

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:57 pm

MeMeDZEHH wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:37 pm
Majin Demigra wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:08 am Geez I was surprised about how much of the story they skipped over
I don't get why people are surprised by this. The anime is here to promote the game, not replace it.
I'm fully aware, but they still skimmed over way too much. Like the final battle being in the Time Nest and Demigra's Army being present.

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:49 pm

Based on DBS Chronicle's summary, Tokitoki is being chased after by the TP and Beerus tries to erase him