"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:23 pm

HECTOR4 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:50 am Animated Trailer
It's impressive how many things Heroes get it right in the past few months. Absolutely loved new Goku and Vegeta outfits (apart from the CC logo), that I think it should be their outfits post RoF arc in Super :thumbup:
Xeogran wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:01 am First the "plan to overthrow Zeno" arc was in Heroes, and now the "Goku vs Beerus full power rematch" will also be in Heroes. All the fun concepts are going to be spent here, at this rate I don't know what plotlines they will make for DBS2 if it ever returns :lol:
THIS. So much.

Can't believe how many great concepts that could been on the core series to be actually used on this (not wanting to dismiss Heroes or anything)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:04 pm

Well, well, well, would you look at that... They finally gave Bardock the Super Saiyan 3 form. Damn, that took long enough. :lol:

Hopefully there's some new animation or new technique to go along with.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:44 pm

Noah wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:23 pm
HECTOR4 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:50 am Animated Trailer
It's impressive how many things Heroes get it right in the past few months. Absolutely loved new Goku and Vegeta outfits (apart from the CC logo), that I think it should be their outfits post RoF arc in Super :thumbup:
Xeogran wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:01 am First the "plan to overthrow Zeno" arc was in Heroes, and now the "Goku vs Beerus full power rematch" will also be in Heroes. All the fun concepts are going to be spent here, at this rate I don't know what plotlines they will make for DBS2 if it ever returns :lol:
THIS. So much.

Can't believe how many great concepts that could been on the core series to be actually used on this (not wanting to dismiss Heroes or anything)
I think at this point with the success of Prison Planet having the promotional anime and all that they have decided to double down and keep using the Super characters and setting while discarding most of what the story was before with the Xeno Patrol going against new enemies as a sorta GT sequel and now is more of a Super sequel which i hate, i liked Super just fine but i didn't want their story to somehow latch and overtake what Heroes was doing for years now, somehow i don't think Toriyama is interested in bringing Super back ever and that's why we have the current story as it is.

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:46 pm

Grimlock wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:04 pm Well, well, well, would you look at that... They finally gave Bardock the Super Saiyan 3 form. Damn, that took long enough. :lol:

Haven’t we had SSJ3 Bardock since like, GDM3?
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:05 pm

Wilderness wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:46 pm
Grimlock wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:04 pm Well, well, well, would you look at that... They finally gave Bardock the Super Saiyan 3 form. Damn, that took long enough. :lol:

Yes but that’s bardock: xeno, Grimlock is talking about ssj3 bardock(z) with the green armor, you can use this alt costume in xv2. But regular bardock has ssj3 now in heroes finally.

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:16 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:05 pm

Yes but that’s bardock: xeno, Grimlock is talking about ssj3 bardock(z) with the green armor, you can use this alt costume in xv2. But regular bardock has ssj3 now in heroes finally.
i thought he was being sarcastic :lol: :lol: :lol:

afaik Bardock has quite a bit of different versions of himself since his debut in the game and every single one of them has SS3, the only other character who has as many would be Trunks which has it in every single incarnation other than Kid Trunks.

Gohan123
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gohan123 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:26 pm

Xenoverse 2 already show regular bardock transform into SSJ3

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:12 pm

Gohan123 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:26 pm

Xenoverse 2 already show regular bardock transform into SSJ3
I already stated that in my post :P

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:17 pm

Dragotaker wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:16 pm

i thought he was being sarcastic :lol: :lol: :lol:

afaik Bardock has quite a bit of different versions of himself since his debut in the game and every single one of them has SS3, the only other character who has as many would be Trunks which has it in every single incarnation other than Kid Trunks.
Bardock: BR doesnt have ssj3(or any ssj form). Can’t lie tho, I was really hoping they’d give regular bardock(Z) Golden oozaru finally.(since H5 after seeing ssj bardock I was really wanting them to give him ssj4 and eventually they did. But I always felt it was weird that we never got Golden oozaru bardock. GM6 was the perfect chance to do this, but nope just regular oozaru)

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:09 am

I don't know what the big fuss is. Me personally? I wish they'd leave vanilla Bardock alone. He should have had Super Saiyan (because of Episode of Bardock) and nothing else. All the other forms are fine for Bardock Xeno, but why retroactively give it to the other one? It's just giving Super Saiyan forms to every iteration of the character for no god damned reason. There are more interesting things they could do, honestly. I feel they are getting a little lazy with this whole ordeal.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:34 pm

DNA wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:09 am I don't know what the big fuss is. Me personally? I wish they'd leave vanilla Bardock alone. He should have had Super Saiyan (because of Episode of Bardock) and nothing else. All the other forms are fine for Bardock Xeno, but why retroactively give it to the other one? It's just giving Super Saiyan forms to every iteration of the character for no god damned reason. There are more interesting things they could do, honestly. I feel they are getting a little lazy with this whole ordeal.

Hey they’ve been doing this since the get go, they gave trunks: Adolescence ssj3 in heroes set 3, in galaxy mission set 1 they gave trunks: GT ssj3(yet they’re completely different versions of the same character), galaxy mission set 9 gave trunks: future ssj3, god mission 4 gave trunks: xeno ssj3, And Universe mission 4 gave trunks: Future(DBS Version) ssj3 . So as you can see(and as I’m sure you knew) they’ve been doing this since the get go. It makes sense because they can give different versions of a character more forms without having to do a lot of work on the in game models.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:17 pm

Yes, I thought I wouldn't have to mention Trunks, assumed it was obvious. I also dislike that. I don't mind Xeno Trunks and GT Trunks getting it, but retroactively giving it to a past younger version of Trunks feels a bit dumb. Especially since all that differs on that version is the coat is a lighter shade of blue. I don't even think that version should exist at all, I'd trade it for the 13 year old Trunks that actually fought alongside Gohan.

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:49 pm

DNA wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:17 pm Yes, I thought I wouldn't have to mention Trunks, assumed it was obvious. I also dislike that. I don't mind Xeno Trunks and GT Trunks getting it, but retroactively giving it to a past younger version of Trunks feels a bit dumb. Especially since all that differs on that version is the coat is a lighter shade of blue. I don't even think that version should exist at all, I'd trade it for the 13 year old Trunks that actually fought alongside Gohan.
They worst part is how there are still so many other Saiyans in the series that could use the boost, King Vegeta should had something to show by now, maybe the current chapter where he is featured will do something with him, Tarble and Paragus both have been around forever and are actually popular characters in the game yet they never get any love, Turles had by far the worst appearence in the last mission he was relevant but he was in the preview trailer of BBM with Bojack so maybe they will have their Raditz/Nappa moment for the same reasons?

Hope so, hell now that Pan is around strap a rocket on her back straight to SS3, whatever just DO SOMETHING, because they really haven't tried with old characters for a very long while now.

Now just hypothetically speaking what would be the odds for something like Gohan from Súper becoming SSG? Like you people will say that because of Súper and all the canon this or that they can't do it but then what if they don't really want to bring Súper back anytime soon and even with that Toriyama is a stubborn old man and will keep Gohan at his current level of Ultimate and never go beyond that under his watch for sure, not to mention all this Heroes stuff is not canon and since he is going to be part of the current story they might as well, Xeno Gohan is gone for now and even if he wasn't he already has SS4, it could save them for an anniversary where they are out of ideas which should be soon with how few risk they take these days.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:47 pm

Well, Super is continuing in the manga so that's unlikely.
I'm surprised Cumber got Super Saiyan 3 and then Super Saiyan 3 Full Power, along with Golden Giant Monkey but no Super Saiyan 4, for example.

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:03 pm

DNA wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:47 pm Well, Super is continuing in the manga so that's unlikely.
I'm surprised Cumber got Super Saiyan 3 and then Super Saiyan 3 Full Power, along with Golden Giant Monkey but no Super Saiyan 4, for example.
SS4 as of now is still a VERY big deal, so much that we only have a completely new one at most once a year always at anniversary mission time, Cumber having Full Power SS3 was their way of making him as strong as possible without compromising the anniversary mission reveal on him which they already planned to be Trunks anyway, who knows if that will changue in the future but really doubt it as they don't have nearly as much important characters outside of Super that could get the form and make a big deal out of it.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:39 pm

Wilderness wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:46 pmHaven’t we had SSJ3 Bardock since like, GDM3?
Yes, that's correct.
Dragotaker wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:16 pm i thought he was being sarcastic :lol: :lol: :lol:
Indeed, I was.
Dragotaker wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:49 pmGohan from Súper becoming SSG? (...) people will say that because of Súper and all the canon this or that they can't do it
Whatever people say about it will most certainly be some stupid thing that only exists in their head. Like this very "canon" thing. Which speaking of it...
Dragotaker wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:49 pmnot to mention all this Heroes stuff is not canon
... Nevermind. I don't even know what to say anymore. Reaction says it all.

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Gohan123
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gohan123 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:18 am

new info about Big Bang Universe

Fu wants to create a new universe.

And for that he's collected what remained of Hearts' Universe Seed and grew it into a Cosmic Tree. The tree's branches extend all over the 12 universes and collects energy from each of them.

Afterwards, he'll make use of Mechikabura's former Chaos Bird, Dogi-Dogi, which holds the necessary power for the creation of a new universe.

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:36 pm

Interesting !!

I wonder what he's planning to do after he succeeded in creating this new universe.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:55 pm

Based on that, I guess that we can safely assume that the overall time line goes like this

Prison Planet -> Universe Conflict and Mechikabura's assault happen simultaneously -> Big Bang Mission.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:28 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:55 pm Based on that, I guess that we can safely assume that the overall time line goes like this

Prison Planet -> Universe Conflict and Mechikabura's assault happen simultaneously -> Big Bang Mission.

What makes you say that? Over all it seems more so like, dark dragon balls(mechikabura regains youth) ~> demigra assault arc ~> mechikabura’s return/defeat(fu is born) ~> Prison planet ~> universal conflict ~> Big Bang mission