"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Wilderness » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:20 am

Majin Demigra wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:05 am Do you guys think Heroes will make Pan an Ssj before the main continuity does? I wonder if they'd expand about that bit about here being a type of Super Saiyan no one's ever seen before.
I don’t see it happening on either continuity, but if it’s going to happen it’ll be in Heroes.

Funny how her non-Saiyan mother kinda went SSJ in Super! 😂
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:48 am

Wilderness wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:20 am
Majin Demigra wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:05 am Do you guys think Heroes will make Pan an Ssj before the main continuity does? I wonder if they'd expand about that bit about here being a type of Super Saiyan no one's ever seen before.
I don’t see it happening on either continuity, but if it’s going to happen it’ll be in Heroes.
She'll become a Ssj in Heroes before Goten becomes a Ssj2 or anything higher.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:11 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:48 am
She'll become a Ssj in Heroes before Goten becomes a Ssj2 or anything higher.
He has Ultimate/Potential Unleashed

A form above SS3, but more like a cheap way to deny the forms before.

Which is weird given the SS3 fanfest that was going on. But I think some kind of issue exists with Goten in particular. Not sure what, but anyway.
P O W E R

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:14 pm

At the rate Super is going, Heroes is bound to be first. I don't think Pan is going to get SS before EoZ comes around, and EoZ isn't coming around anytime soon by the looks of it. Meanwhile in Heroes, there's at least Xeno Pan now. So I'd say her chances are greater there. That could change in the future, though, of course.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:06 pm

I feel like the reincarnated Super 17 will be her boss because she's the only one from GT timeline there who knows him. That's where she can learn a new transformation whatever they chose.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:20 pm

Actually pan was the one that went Super Saiyan not Videl

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:25 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:20 pm

Actually pan was the one that went Super Saiyan not Videl

I guess that’s true, but we only see the properties on Videl haha.
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:39 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:07 am Image
That SSG Trunks card has both Gohan and Goten as it's partners, does that mean they are back? haven't really paid attention to the card list for a very long time because is always the same so i don't know if that means anything, it really bothers me how they were erased from existence even before the arc even started.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:18 pm

A note about the name "Super Full Power Saiyan 4 - Limits Broken":
the original "Super Full Power Saiyan 4" has the kanji for "Super" with the Japanese reading "Chō", which is why it was often translated as "Ultra", to distinguish it from the same kanji used in "Super Saiyan" which had the reading "Super"

This time around, the kanji has the same "Super" reading as the "Super Saiyan" kanji.

The whole God Power-Up is only a in-game mechanic and not referenced otherwise.

Their attacks are Full Power Ryūken(Dragon Fist) and Super Final Shine Attack.

Also interesting that BM3-057 Super Saiyan Blue Goku has a Ultimate Unit attack with FIVE units(the time patrol) instead of 3.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:23 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:18 pm A note about the name "Super Full Power Saiyan 4 - Limits Broken":
the original "Super Full Power Saiyan 4" has the kanji for "Super" with the Japanese reading "Chō", which is why it was often translated as "Ultra", to distinguish it from the same kanji used in "Super Saiyan" which had the reading "Super"

This time around, the kanji has the same "Super" reading as the "Super Saiyan" kanji.

The whole God Power-Up is only a in-game mechanic and not referenced otherwise.

Their attacks are Full Power Ryūken(Dragon Fist) and Super Final Shine Attack.

Also interesting that BM3-057 Super Saiyan Blue Goku has a Ultimate Unit attack with FIVE units(the time patrol) instead of 3.
So there is a distinction in the forms after all?

I mean, I did see them as different and many do.

Its just that, as discussed earlier, Ultra Full Power Saiyan 4 is an ambiguous form. As in, does it rly exist? Or is it a Super Saiyan 4 at full power (GT should contradict that).
P O W E R

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:11 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:23 pm
Yes. At the very least, the newest one has "Limit Breaker"(or "limit broken") in the form name

Its just that, as discussed earlier, Ultra Full Power Saiyan 4 is an ambiguous form. As in, does it rly exist? Or is it a Super Saiyan 4 at full power (GT should contradict that).
Beyond SS4 there are:
  • Super Saiyan 4 Full Power (used only by Broly in Heroes)
  • Super(Chō) Full Power Saiyan 4 (used only by Goku in GT)
  • Super(Sūpā) Full Power Saiyan 4 - Limit Breaker (this new one)
I have my own headcannon about the differences between the forms, but until the new Mission comes out with something resembling an explanation for Limit Break Saiyan 4, i guess they'll stay in my head

Also: I'm lobbing for "Super Full Power Saiyan 4 - Limit Breaker" being shortened to "Limit Breaker Saiyan 4": it's short, to the point and quite self-explanatory

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:13 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:11 pm
Yes. At the very least, the newest one has "Limit Breaker"(or "limit broken") in the form name

Beyond SS4 there are:
I have my own headcannon about the differences between the forms, but until the new Mission comes out with something resembling an explanation for Limit Break Saiyan 4, i guess they'll stay in my head

Also: I'm lobbing for "Super Full Power Saiyan 4 - Limit Breaker" being shortened to "Limit Breaker Saiyan 4": it's short, to the point and quite self-explanatory
Always could have hoped for Broly's form to look more unique to him and not like a buff SS4...

Any special attributes to it?
P O W E R

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:30 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:13 pm Always could have hoped for Broly's form to look more unique to him and not like a buff SS4...

Any special attributes to it?
bulging veins and shows a(the?) scar on the chest

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:08 pm

with now there being a Bulla card (for the first time ever) and a King Kai card (first time ever too I believe?) I'm just waiting on Xeno bra to come into the fray and do fusion with Xeno pan (both will achieve Super Saiyan)
Last edited by Noitsnothim on Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JeffBelmont

Post by JeffBelmont » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:10 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:07 am Image
Dammit! I wished there was a way to get those new designs' renders in high quality.
Also, some people have been commenting that Heroes has seemingly lost its creativity and that it was more willingly to show "riskier What-if" forms in the past.
I sort of agree with this statement, even if we are still getting new characters, interesting variations for existing characters could have been more frequent.
However, with Dragon Ball now back on track with the recent anime and manga, they can't just go around showing things that are bound to happen sooner or later in those media. Super Saiyan Pan, for one, is a thing I believe they'll hold back for a long time.
As GT most likely will never get an animated spin-off, given its time, popularity, the way it ended and Super now being a thing, they are less afraid of showing GT related "What-ifs", so I hope we see a female Super Saiyan 4, Trunks SS4 and maybe a Super Sayan 5.
The "Xenos" came to stay, and if the "Supers" are going to pursue the god /UI route, it's only fair that the Xenos will follow the "Pure Saiyan" route.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:14 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:08 pm with now there being a Bulla card (for the first time ever) and a King Kai card (first time ever too I believe?) I'm just waiting on Xeno bra to come into the fray and do fusion with Xeno pan (both will achieve Super Saiyan)
That's optimistic. (It also sounds like something I'd say.) Xeno Bulla is probably a very long way off. I won't say that it's not going to happen, though, since the "Xeno" set of characters is a bit of a saiyanfest, and it is Heroes we're talking about here. Sky's the limit.
hey, Bandai, if you ever need ideas for any Bulla designs, hit me up and I'll help you out
ankokudaishogun wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:11 pm Also: I'm lobbing for "Super Full Power Saiyan 4 - Limit Breaker" being shortened to "Limit Breaker Saiyan 4": it's short, to the point and quite self-explanatory
I was going to suggest something very close to this, actually. "Super Full Power Saiyan 4 - Limit Break" (exact translation of the "genkai toppa" part may vary) is such a clunky name. I mean, SFPS4LB? Really? So I figured that "Limit-Breaking Super Saiyan 4" would be a better name. In Dragon Ball, breaking your limits pretty much always implies going beyond your normal full power, so the "Full Power" part of the name is redundant and it should be fine to ignore/drop it. Whether you want it to be "LBSS4" or "SS4LB" is really up to preference, I guess; I personally prefer it at the start of the acronym. Not that we actually have any say in the matter when the official name has already been decided.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:18 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:11 pm

Beyond SS4 there are:

Goku apprantly uses SS4 Full power againts Baby.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:09 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:18 pm Goku apprantly uses SS4 Full power againts Baby.
Got a source on that?

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:12 am

Dragon Wukong wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:09 am
miguelnuva1 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:18 pm Goku apprantly uses SS4 Full power againts Baby.
Got a source on that?
Dragonball wiki before Broly had it. They changed it to him using Super Full power Saiyan 4.

Saiyan scholar also mentioned it in his Drsgonball GT power analysis.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:15 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:12 am Dragonball wiki before Broly had it. They changed it to him using Super Full power Saiyan 4.

Saiyan scholar also mentioned it in his Drsgonball GT power analysis.
I thought you were referring to the new version of the form with the red hair. Yeah that's true.