"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:49 am

Majin Demigra wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:59 am https://youtu.be/oW491r2r_BM
What is this link about? What prompted you to post it? What are your thoughts on it?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:34 pm

Hey Xeno Goten is back or so it seems, showing him alongside the other characters for the first time in this arc.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:32 pm

I wasn't gonna mention it until now because I thought it was just a weird art/animation thing, but now that I see it in-game I gotta ask. What the fuck is going on with Vegetto's aura? It's definitely not a normal SSB aura. It kinda looks a bit like Mastered SSB from the manga, but I don't wanna jump to conclusions.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:38 pm

Maybe it's just an aura to protect him from Cumber's aura. Either way, whatever it is, it is a bit different from the regular Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan because there's something else written right beside it.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:49 pm

Grimlock wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:38 pm Maybe it's just an aura to protect him from Cumber's aura. Either way, whatever it is, it is a bit different from the regular Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan because there's something else written right beside it.
Huh, so I'm not crazy. I wonder what it says.

ShadowVezon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ShadowVezon » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:53 pm

The text blocks part of the name, but the end part says "バリヤー", meaning "barrier".

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:06 pm

yeah, it's SSGSS Barrier, whatever that means.

Most likely that it's a Vegetto fighting with a barrier protecting him from the berserker effect of Cumber's evil aura, possibly giving him an handicap so to explain why he doesn't steamrolls Fu

Most interesting part is that we'll get a "What If" scenario with Teen Trunks reaching Gohan in time to help him against the Androids

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:59 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:06 pm Possibly giving him an handicap so to explain why he doesn't steamrolls Fu
Oh come on why are you underestimating Fu. I don't see how having a barrier on means Vegetto is nerfed

Not to mention I doubt the fusion win because we're nowhere near end of the arc yet and Fu will maybe eat the owls like Demigra to powerup?

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:20 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:06 pm yeah, it's SSGSS Barrier, whatever that means.

Most likely that it's a Vegetto fighting with a barrier protecting him from the berserker effect of Cumber's evil aura, possibly giving him an handicap so to explain why he doesn't steamrolls Fu

Most interesting part is that we'll get a "What If" scenario with Teen Trunks reaching Gohan in time to help him against the Androids

That reminds me what happened to that side story of Bardock and all the other saiyans vs Frieza? last thing i saw was they managed to make Frieza retreat and then the last animated trailer that featured them teased Goku himself meeting with his father, i have seen the translations of the BBM story but i don't think i saw anything about that other story, does anybody know how it ended?

ShadowVezon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ShadowVezon » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:54 am

Dragotaker wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:20 pm That reminds me what happened to that side story of Bardock and all the other saiyans vs Frieza? last thing i saw was they managed to make Frieza retreat and then the last animated trailer that featured them teased Goku himself meeting with his father, i have seen the translations of the BBM story but i don't think i saw anything about that other story, does anybody know how it ended?
FF Frieza tries to finish off the Saiyans with a Supernova (weirdly the cutscene shows him in front of Earth, despite the stage for the final battle being Planet Vegeta), but the Saiyans fire a combined blast that pushes the attack back into him.

Bardock does meet Goku right before, but it may or may not have been a vision - it doesn't affect anything either way.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:53 pm

https://twitter.com/DbsHype1/status/1311178927113531398

The manga seems to imply that Mexhibakura is back too

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:15 pm

ShadowVezon wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:54 am
Dragotaker wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:20 pm That reminds me what happened to that side story of Bardock and all the other saiyans vs Frieza? last thing i saw was they managed to make Frieza retreat and then the last animated trailer that featured them teased Goku himself meeting with his father, i have seen the translations of the BBM story but i don't think i saw anything about that other story, does anybody know how it ended?
FF Frieza tries to finish off the Saiyans with a Supernova (weirdly the cutscene shows him in front of Earth, despite the stage for the final battle being Planet Vegeta), but the Saiyans fire a combined blast that pushes the attack back into him.

Bardock does meet Goku right before, but it may or may not have been a vision - it doesn't affect anything either way.
Thanks bro :thumbup: :thumbup:
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:53 pm https://twitter.com/DbsHype1/status/1311178927113531398

I thought this was about Fu turning into that ''Dark King'' but now that i see it again seems it's about Towa doing her own thing behind Fu's back, pretty interesting hoping is a new character since we already have Hearts the big bad of the past arc back already this soon, having both would be ridiculous, then again who else could it be?

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:36 pm

Dragotaker wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:15 pm
ShadowVezon wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:54 am

Thanks bro :thumbup: :thumbup:
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:53 pm https://twitter.com/DbsHype1/status/1311178927113531398

I thought this was about Fu turning into that ''Dark King'' but now that i see it again seems it's about Towa doing her own thing behind Fu's back, pretty interesting hoping is a new character since we already have Hearts the big bad of the past arc back already this soon, having both would be ridiculous, then again who else could it be?
it is Fu turning into 'Dark King' it seems that was Towa's plan all along

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:28 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3dwtou4QfE

BBM4 UR cards, attack exhibition

RichardKing2
Beyond Newbie

Post by RichardKing2 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:19 am

Some new spoilers I guess

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:22 am

So, the Super Dragon Balls were used, that only means this saga takes place at least in AGE 781, as they were last used in the Universe Survival saga. Goku and Bulma must not see each other under any circumstance, so naturally... That'll happen anyway.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:17 am

I don't like the idea that Towa turns Fu into the "Dark King", I always liked Fu because he was unique as a villain so I will probably get disappointed. But, I will still wait to see how he will impact the story.

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:49 pm

So is there a reason they're waiting to add:

Shallot
Giblet
Zahha
Moro
Merus

?

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:52 pm

Majin Demigra wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:49 pm So is there a reason they're waiting to add:

Shallot
Giblet
Zahha
Moro
Merus

?
1) I can only assume they are waiting for Shallot to finish his part in Dragon Ball: Legends before adding in Shallot to SDBH.

2) I don't give a damn about Giblet, as I view him as nothing more than an edgy rip-off of Shallot.

3) I hope that Zahha does join Shallot into getting in SDBH.

4) Planet-Eater Moro can go duck himself for being such a lame antagonist with an even more lame backstory that gives his mere existence something to really scoff at for being yet another character introduced by retconning and/or adding countless more inconsistencies right into the original lore of the distant past of the Dragon World.

5) I really don't like Dragon Ball Super and what the series has done to all of the main protagonists and antagonists of the rest of Dragon Ball as a whole, especially with shoehorning in countless fifth-rate knock-offs of other characters from the Dragon World and many other Franchises too.

Merus is no exception, simply because of the fact that it is just not logical for him and the rest of his race to even exist in the very first place. Since Daikaioh was supposed to be the absolute highest authority of the Divine Hierarchy in the original canon of the Dragon Ball Manga before Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods had been made and messed everything up.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:36 am

Both groups: the developers are probably waiting for the stories to end and then they'll introduce the characters.
For the previous arcs, they were animated and really popular at the time, so they rode that hype. The manga does not have the same type of hype.
So for Moro and Merus they're either waiting for the story to end or for it to be animated.