"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ankokudaishogun » Wed May 25, 2022 5:20 pm

Trouser wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:12 pm Well, to be honest, Golden Cell (Frieza's form) is perfect for Heroes. It would suck only in the "main" continuity, because bringing back Cell would suck above all.
the Berserker Android Avatar's God Class form is Red Cell though.

Garo
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Garo » Mon May 30, 2022 11:08 am

Cell is really just left out because he's too hard to animate?

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Tue May 31, 2022 1:48 pm

Garo wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 11:08 am Cell is really just left out because he's too hard to animate?
Do you know how tedious it is to draw all his spots?

Garo
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Garo » Tue May 31, 2022 7:01 pm

Well why can't they give him a new form without the spots then?

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:59 am

We literally just had Cell on the last arc and the main Heroes product is the arcade, his spots are not an issue when the anime is promotional short episodes being done (bi)monthly. They may have been annoying for Toriyama back in the day as well as for Toei on any proper anime, but they are clearly not for Heroes.

Cell is just being saved for later like Ozotto. If that is a good way of handling characters is another whole different discussion tho.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Garo
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Garo » Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:01 pm

Considering the leaks for Super Hero he's probably been left out the same way Broly has been.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:19 am

Garo wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:01 pm Considering the leaks for Super Hero he's probably been left out the same way Broly has been.
Nah, it isn't the same at all imho. DBS Broly's existence has just been completely ignored by Heroes, while Cell is obviously there and even has been built up -in the manga, he asked for something in exchange of his Dragonball that has yet to be revealed-, not to mention that according to said leaks
They also made sure to state he is still very weak compared to most characters nowadays, so he will eventually get some type of power-up.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:26 pm

Sorry for the double post, but a new manga chapter came out and it seems like it heavily hints at the last Warrior in Black's identity: We will have to see more possible information by the arcade and anime in the next couple months. While it doesn't make much sense given what happened with Ozotto at the end of UM, I have to sat that if the Namekian is Katas it would fit really well for her to be Laggs.

gokugambitoptimus
Beyond Newbie

Post by gokugambitoptimus » Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:34 am

Well, I think we will get some new things from Super Hero

gokugambitoptimus
Beyond Newbie

Post by gokugambitoptimus » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:29 am

Ultra God Mission 3 will be released 14th july and perhaps could connect with Dragon Ball: The Breakers (I put the picture in spoiler because is big)

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:51 am

They revealed who Future Warrior in Black is. As well as the female Warrior in Black, turns out it's a new character!

THEY ARE FINALLY ADDING GOKU JUNIOR AND VEGETA JUNIOR! :o Holy mother of Dende, it just took them twelve years but they are finally here!

Hell, is this the first time they ever became playable? I think I've seen Goku Junior in Dokkan Battle before, but this certainly is the first time Vegeta Junior becomes a playable character after twenty five years since Dragon Ball GT ended! Still waiting for False Super Saiyan, though.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:39 pm

Both Jrs. are playable units on Dokkan

https://youtu.be/qtKIhRsclyM

I wonder if the CP set focused on wishes asked to the DB is foreshadowing for Shadow Dragons, Super Edition.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:15 pm

Trouser wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:12 pm Well, to be honest, Golden Cell (Frieza's form) is perfect for Heroes. It would suck only in the "main" continuity, because bringing back Cell would suck above all.
But you know Cell is not only limited to Freeza's cells, right? If they ever brought Cell back I would like a aproach similar to this:
That is a combination of both Golden and SSGSS, cannot imagine how monstruous this would be, also the hair is a nice callback (if not intentional) to an early Cell design
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:41 pm

Noah wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:15 pm
But you know Cell is not only limited to Freeza's cells, right? If they ever brought Cell back I would like a aproach similar to this:
That is a combination of both Golden and SSGSS, cannot imagine how monstruous this would be, also the hair is a nice callback (if not intentional) to an early Cell design
He could be called "Crystal Cell". To me the hair looks more like crystals than a spiky do. :think:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:17 pm

Better look at the new character (and how she looks in comparison to Lagss).

Is it me or we also have to rely on games to come up with more prominent female characters? I don't remember any new ones in the last movies.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:57 am

Grimlock wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:17 pm Better look at the new character (and how she looks in comparison to Lagss).

Is it me or we also have to rely on games to come up with more prominent female characters? I don't remember any new ones in the last movies.
Yeah, and Cheelay doesn't exist. What? She's not a fighter so she is irrelevant?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:11 pm

Correct. We have yet another female character serving food to male characters (I'm not against being both, to serve and to fight, but if I have to pick one, female fighter without hesitation). Guess Cheelai was kinda alright in Movie 1, but her role in Movie 2 is basically that.

"Even" Heroes avoids this with Robelu. She doesn't fight and serve other characters, but she's not relegated to the stereotype of foods (thank Dende). Guess, once again, we can count on games to do what's right.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:12 pm

It does help that two of the major video game original villains of the franchise are female, and powerful ones at that.

Also, since UGM3 is adding Goku Jr, Vegeta Jr and Adult GT Goku, I'm guessing there's going to be a story campaign based on A Hero's Legacy?

gokugambitoptimus
Beyond Newbie

Post by gokugambitoptimus » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:06 pm

Rinsankajugin wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:12 pm It does help that two of the major video game original villains of the franchise are female, and powerful ones at that.

Also, since UGM3 is adding Goku Jr, Vegeta Jr and Adult GT Goku, I'm guessing there's going to be a story campaign based on A Hero's Legacy?
I hope they add Lord Yao, Mamba, Torga and Susha

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:55 am

So I updated the sheet for the Teams on the Manga chapter 4 and Anime episode 3:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Whats interesting is firstly, Wheelo is fighting Goku and Xeno Vegeta in the Namek area.
And in the anime is in the glass area.

I'm not sure if they are supposed to be fighting or they just have beef.

Because weirdly the anime seems to have people put in mixed teams, with a bunch of other filler and movie randoms who weren't there before, it seems the be the case that they are to team up and fight the one warrior in black or in the next ep they will tell them the rules and dip, saying it's a free for all.

But then what do these new contestents in the anime get for this. I assume they are perhaps also from one of the three teams timelines, perhaps reinforcements.

Glass lady made some henchmen but not in the anime.

I'm using the anime pics for the warriors in black because none de-hooded yet.

I assume the discrepancies will come out in the wash with say Wheelo dying and stuff.

Really curious for another chapter/episode.

Whats going on in the game right now?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.