"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Heroes" On-Going Discussion Thread

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:29 pm

DNA wrote: At least TheDevilsCorpse was polite about it and I understand and respect his view. You've been demanding and rude, so yes, my response to that is do it yourself.
Where is anything "demanding & rude" in this?
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Why are there 2 Yamchas, Tenshinhans, and Chaozus? Aren't these just alternative outfits? Also, "Kaioshin" Gohan is an alternative outfit of Ultimate Gohan.
Or in any other of my posts? It is you who started with the "make your own", "look away", etc for no real reason.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:40 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Yeah, you can do whatever you want. I just threw in my two cents. The only thing on your list that outright irritates me is "Kaioshin" Gohan. Note included or not, I can think of zero reason to separate him because of an alternate outfit and attack. In that case, you might as well separate the Kame, Kaio and Go dogi Goku's based on if they use a Kamehameha, Genki Dama or Super Dragon Fist.
Yeah I know, thanks, like I said, you've been polite about it. And I knew it would irritate you, I just feel that since it involves a physical object, "Kaioshin" Gohan is distinct enough to warrant an entry. I was considering including more outfits but I think that would become cluttered.

Thanks for the cards by the way, and yes I know that there isn't a base Future Gohan card yet. :/
Didn't notice that about Neko Majin Z, I'm going to put him as Super for now.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:21 pm

Clean artwork for the Hakaio:

Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by InfernalVegito » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:37 pm

Interesting. So only Vegeta keeps his iris?
BT3 off meds | The final fight

Ah, the Alpha and the Omega. As all life was created from Chaos...so shall it be DESTROYED!!!

The wails of machines | Singing cold harmony | Shifting air upward | Entranced by the breeze | Light pours like blood | Into a cosmic sea | Of stars crystallized | In a frozen symphony

Vegetto kicking you into orbit theme

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:55 pm

I dig the idea of Garlic Jr. going Majin, I'm surprise there's no Majin Coola and Majin Broli. Since we had characters going Majin now, I wonder if new forms for Super Buu are possible soon?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:13 pm

InfernalVegito wrote:Interesting. So only Vegeta keeps his iris?
Yes, as Vegeta doesn't seem to technically be a "Hakaio" the same as the rest are. He keeps his name on his card as just "Vegeta" and gets "Hakaioji" stuffed on the back under where the list the characters usable forms.

jollyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by jollyr » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:17 am

What exactly does Hakaio mean?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:19 am

jollyr wrote:What exactly does Hakaio mean?
'Hakai' means 'destruction'. The 'o' is actually 'ou', which means 'king'. They are Destruction Kings.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:51 am

...Am I the only one that finds it kind of odd for the M for Majin to appear on Lord Slug's helmet, not his forehead? :shock:
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:53 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:...Am I the only one that finds it kind of odd for the M for Majin to appear on Lord Slug's helmet, not his forehead? :shock:
That is pretty odd, indeed. Perhaps it burns with evil ki so much it appears through clothing? :lol:
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

jollyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by jollyr » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:15 am

'Hakai' means 'destruction'. The 'o' is actually 'ou', which means 'king'. They are Destruction Kings.[/quote]

Thank you! I'd like to know if I'm alone in this or not but I don't like that bebi Janemba has a majin. I just think he's so badass he should just do his own thing especially since regular Janemba has one (which I'm totally fine with). Someone like Babidi controlling what is potentially one of the most powerful fighters in the universe just seems weak to me.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:16 am

If you want to stick with Kanzenshuu's manual of style, since they go with "God of Destruction" for Hakaishin, then I'd probably go with "King(s) of Destruction" for Hakaio.

It's odd that it appears on Slug's helmet, but I'm not sure I find it any weirder than the symbol caring that it was appearing on Freeza's purple dome or Cell's black dome and changing itself to be white so that it was more visible. =P

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:54 am

Lord Slug got the Majin treatment and not Piccolo. Piccolo seems like a good choice to go Majin since fans seem to like that idea so much for some reason.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:08 am

Piccolo, Freeza and Cell are irrelevant at this point. The Campaign (CP) cards, outside of Vegeta, are based on enslaving movie villains. Just wait and see who are on the regular cards for the set first. It's only around a week until the set's cards are revealed and then another week after that when the SEC(s) get added.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:37 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:...Am I the only one that finds it kind of odd for the M for Majin to appear on Lord Slug's helmet, not his forehead? :shock:
Maybe the "natural" M is in his forehead, but because it wasn't visible, he drew an M on his helmet!
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

JeffJarrett
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by JeffJarrett » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:11 am

What about the rumor about Dr. Wheelo appearing in the next set?
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Mkay then, rumor time. As direct of a translation as I'm capable of:
Dragon Ball Heroes JM5 July 17th?! The theme is possession!
Campaign cards: Babidi has brainwashed the movie villains.
Dr. Uiro debut!
Qi Xing Long will also appear?

Have been many double SEC in JM series, may see appearance of TRIPLE SEC.
SS3 Maoji Vegeta
SS3 Bardock
???

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:40 am

I'm sure this was not on their mind way back then but, in the same sense as Hakaio are a different thing maybe Cell and Freeza were a different thing as well, maybe the M was white because they were resurrected. By the way, the idea of Piccolo, Broli and Coola under Babidi's control has appeared in other games, I'm sure you guys know that. Unfortunately there was no visual models for them.

I find it a bit odd that Babidi chose to enslave base Bojack instead of his transformed state...

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:19 am

How the hell did Babidi put the M on Janemba's forehead. He's more powerful than Fat Buu.
Must be a fake painted in one :lol:

Also it seems that they're going all-out with reminding people about Playdia, second form Hatchiyack promotion and all. Bummer he didn't transform in RB2.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:02 am

Huh, I didn't even remember the 'M' being white for Freeza and Cell in Budokai 2. Maybe there's just no logic to it to begin with. :P

Still though, you'd think they'd have just...drew him without the helmet and put the M on his forehead proper. Or has he not appeared without the helmet in Heroes?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:34 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Still though, you'd think they'd have just...drew him without the helmet and put the M on his forehead proper. Or has he not appeared without the helmet in Heroes?
As a giant only, but it would be a matter of shrinking his model, not a big deal.