"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat May 19, 2018 10:58 am

Grimlock wrote:
gantarat wrote:Yeah she said ssj5 thing to vegeta.
Then, eight years has passed and all Heroes transformations were based on something that already existed. Never a completely new transformation. I can only repeat that there is no chance that Dimps will come up with Super Saiyan 5, at least not now. Maybe, if (and that's a colossal "if") they run out of ideas, they might remember a single time where Super Saiyan 5 was mentioned in the anime and come up with a design for it.

I'm not afraid if they did it though, because Dimps never disappoints. I'm pretty sure if they were to create Super Saiyan 5, the design wouldn't be as ridiculous as the one seen in fanarts.
the dark evolutions dont look like anything we've seen before, especially not slugs, king vegetas or janembas, and they were from the last story arc

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat May 19, 2018 11:24 am

ShadowBardock89 wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Wow I didn't think we would ever get Golden Coola. I always believe a new form of Coola would be something different than just copy & past Freeza's idea.
Same. I guess the design team did not the memo.
Dragon Wukong wrote: SUPPOSEDLY it says that the evil Saiyan is 21's "lover."
So, Dr. Gero got NTR'd?
tbh if she went back to him with how he is now that would be nasty, this at least shows she has taste

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Goresh » Sat May 19, 2018 11:33 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Dragon Wukong wrote: SUPPOSEDLY it says that the evil Saiyan is 21's "lover" and that Cooler got his new form fighting Frieza. Can anyone confirm if it says that?
Yeah no. That doesn’t sound right
need this translated asap
The scan is only talking about both of the cards’ abilities and nothing to do with their backstories.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat May 19, 2018 4:20 pm

Goku gets Hakai before we even get the missing anime content....
I don't get why they're dragging their feet on GoD Toppo, extra buff and shirtless Jiren, Shirtless Vegeta and Super Lightspeed Dyspo.
Best I can figure is that they want to spread out the last bit of Super content as long as they can until they have movie content. Hopefully that means we see God Vegeta then.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat May 19, 2018 5:00 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Then, eight years has passed and all Heroes transformations were based on something that already existed. Never a completely new transformation. I can only repeat that there is no chance that Dimps will come up with Super Saiyan 5, at least not now. Maybe, if (and that's a colossal "if") they run out of ideas, they might remember a single time where Super Saiyan 5 was mentioned in the anime and come up with a design for it.

I'm not afraid if they did it though, because Dimps never disappoints. I'm pretty sure if they were to create Super Saiyan 5, the design wouldn't be as ridiculous as the one seen in fanarts.
All they have to do is combine a SSJ4 Goku and have him go mastered ultra instinct and boom. SSJ5

We’re already getting SSB vs SSJ4 in anime form they might as well go all the way at this point

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat May 19, 2018 5:03 pm

gantarat wrote: Yeah she said ssj5 thing to vegeta.
No, she did not. That is not what happened in Japanese. She never said "oh you could reach SSJ5" Vegeta is the one who laughs in Japanese while saying "Kakarott come at me with your SSJ5 or 6 or whatever!" The dialogue is not even close to the English one. He just speaks of hyperbolic terms to make the point Goku can do what he wants but he himself will also find a way to get stronger.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sat May 19, 2018 5:40 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:Goku gets Hakai before we even get the missing anime content....
I don't get why they're dragging their feet on GoD Toppo, extra buff and shirtless Jiren, Shirtless Vegeta and Super Lightspeed Dyspo.
Best I can figure is that they want to spread out the last bit of Super content as long as they can until they have movie content. Hopefully that means we see God Vegeta then.
I have a weird feeling that they won't come out until 2019.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sat May 19, 2018 7:01 pm

Dragon Wukong wrote:SUPPOSEDLY it says that the evil Saiyan is 21's "lover" and that Cooler got his new form fighting Frieza. Can anyone confirm if it says that?
The image says NOTHING about either. It might be in other pages of the magazine, but no references whatsoever to #21 or Freeza in THAT image.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat May 19, 2018 7:05 pm

TheMikado wrote:We’re already getting SSB vs SSJ4 in anime form they might as well go all the way at this point
We are getting Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan vs Super Saiyan 4 because alternate dimension is an easier and pre-established concept in the franchise to work with, now kind of more popularized with the addition of the Multiverse concept (though in Dragon Ball it works differently).

This is in no way the same thing as coming up with a completely new design for an almost non-existent transformation mentioned just once and so quickly that I could barely remember it was said. Heck, we have visual appearance for False Super Saiyan but it's a transformation that do not appear in any video-game, even Heroes. One cannot really expect Dimps to come up with Super Saiyan 5 out of just one and vague mention in the anime.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat May 19, 2018 7:38 pm

Grimlock wrote:

Games and even things like toy companies usually start in a safe zone in this case Dimps has been giving existing forms such as ssj3 to characters they didn't get it in canon.

As Heroes goes on in the case it is and gets more popular I could see Toei, Bandai and Dimps all coming up with a ssj4 concept.

As Heroes goes on Dimps at some point will be allowed more freedom and ssj5 could be one if those ideas.

gantarat

Post by gantarat » Sat May 19, 2018 10:15 pm

So Xeno Goku and CC Goku will team up fight FU ?

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Sun May 20, 2018 1:48 am

ankokudaishogun wrote:
Dragon Wukong wrote:SUPPOSEDLY it says that the evil Saiyan is 21's "lover" and that Cooler got his new form fighting Frieza. Can anyone confirm if it says that?
The image says NOTHING about either. It might be in other pages of the magazine, but no references whatsoever to #21 or Freeza in THAT image.
Now I'm hearing that the rumor came from some radio interview regarding the anime that 21's VA was in.

Can anyone confirm?

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Sun May 20, 2018 2:11 am

Dragon Wukong wrote:
ankokudaishogun wrote:
Now I'm hearing that the rumor came from some radio interview regarding the anime that 21's VA was in.

Can anyone confirm?
It's totally false.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun May 20, 2018 1:59 pm

Hakai got way nerfed in Heroes, it doesn't make the opponent to be wiped out of existence. :P

~ War of the Dinobots ~

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sun May 20, 2018 2:12 pm

Grimlock wrote:I'm not afraid if they did it though, because Dimps never disappoints. I'm pretty sure if they were to create Super Saiyan 5, the design wouldn't be as ridiculous as the one seen in fanarts.
This doesn't look ridiculous at all:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun May 20, 2018 2:23 pm

Grimlock wrote:Hakai got way nerfed in Heroes, it doesn't make the opponent to be wiped out of existence. :P

Literally unplayable :x
:P
I suppose you can still use the excuse that Goku is merely imitating Beerus' Hakai. (Obviously, giving anyone a proper instakill in a multiplayer game such as DBH is a terrible idea.)
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Sun May 20, 2018 4:04 pm

Grimlock wrote:Hakai got way nerfed in Heroes, it doesn't make the opponent to be wiped out of existence. :P

A lil sad it's blue lights instead of sandy disintegration. Though, the latter would imply an instakill too.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun May 20, 2018 8:36 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:This doesn't look ridiculous at all:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
It does. :sick:
Alruneia wrote:giving anyone a proper instakill in a multiplayer game such as DBH is a terrible idea.)
As far as we know for lose conditions, you don't lose a match until your health reaches 0. However, it is possible to remove from play (banish) a character from the match completely, it is Oozaru Time Breaker Bardock's technique, Power of Darkness. Of course, since this is one hell of a technique to use against other players, only the CPU has it. I assume you lose the match if the CPU used Power of Darkness five times (seven, nowadays) to remove all your characters from play, but no one that records Heroes gameplay ever tried this to confirm.

Hakai should have similar effect, remove your opponent's character from play.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun May 20, 2018 10:29 pm

Grimlock wrote:I'm pretty sure if they were to create Super Saiyan 5, the design wouldn't be as ridiculous as the one seen in fanarts.
Wouldn't they get hit by copyright claims if they tried to use the Ssj5 design we're familiar with ?

In terms of a potential Ssj5, I don't think they could cause that might go against potential future plans of Toriyama's or who's running the main story once he's done as that's too big of a plot point for a game to do.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Mon May 21, 2018 7:40 am

Grimlock wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:This doesn't look ridiculous at all:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
It does. :sick:
Alruneia wrote:giving anyone a proper instakill in a multiplayer game such as DBH is a terrible idea.)
As far as we know for lose conditions, you don't lose a match until your health reaches 0. However, it is possible to remove from play (banish) a character from the match completely, it is Oozaru Time Breaker Bardock's technique, Power of Darkness. Of course, since this is one hell of a technique to use against other players, only the CPU has it. I assume you lose the match if the CPU used Power of Darkness five times (seven, nowadays) to remove all your characters from play, but no one that records Heroes gameplay ever tried this to confirm.

Hakai should have similar effect, remove your opponent's character from play.
I mean he can’t use it on all 5 characters(if he can even use it more than 2 Times at most) because Heroes only has 5 rounds, also a better instant kill you could have used(since what you used as a example isn’t one) is the missions where beerus comes down if you don’t win by round 4 and uses hakai which literally wipes away the whole planet and does 999999 damage