"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DNA
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Heroes" On-Going Discussion Thread

Post by DNA » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:11 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:I haven't seen any of that art and I can't find it, I'd love to see it!
Welp, I could find this and this. Maybe this is all I've seen and I thought there was more.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:20 am

Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:49 am

Bardock is No.1? And Beerus just scraped into the top 30? Ugh. :|

The only saving grace is that Towa and SSJB are in the top 5. And I also have to say that I'm a bit shocked that Tarble made it into the top ten. I lol'd at Yamcha's placing, too. :lol:

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:51 am

I'm surprised Gogeta's in second, thought that spot would be Broly's for sure.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:52 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:The results of the popularity poll thus far are not unexpected.
What do you mean ? Yamcha made it in while Cell,Buu,Future Trunks and other important characters didn't.

If that not unexpected then what is ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:45 pm

Next time don't edit my post and leave out the important part. I did "mostly', but even so, with his death meme status in Japan, it wasn't a complete surprise. The biggest one is Amond (maybe an accident since he's the first on the vote list) and then Tarble. 2 out of 30 isn't enough to sway me of who I expected to place.

GoldLiger
Banned

Post by GoldLiger » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:38 pm

SSGSS Goku wrote:I don't think a GDM 2 trailer really exists. I don't think they would keep it secret as they upload all of their trailers mainly on their YouTube channel. To sum everything up, as far as I know, with the trailer count for the recently uploaded original trailers, they messed up since the ssj3 trunks trailer is actually for set 3 (mentioned by DBZGTKOSDH)
There was a commercial for set 2 that featured the first trailer with no new footage. I think someone already cleared up that GM 7 and GDM 2 have no trailer because they are just footage from the 2 recent movies (mentioned by TheDevilsCorpse) So the only one we are missing is GM 2, which I'm not sure actually exists. However, there is a scene in a GDM 1 commercial that contains SSJ4 Gogeta that I've never seen in any other trailers. I'm not sure if that's going to be in a future trailer or an unfinished trailer
Their is a GDM2 trailer. You can see a glimps of it in a GDM2 commercial. You know the one that shows SS4 Gogeta animated. You can't miss it go and check.
Dragon Ball Heroes God Mission = Best sets of missions so far

Super Saiyan 4 Gohan FTW!!

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:54 am

That was actually from a commercial that was for GDM 1. The GDM 2 commercial has footage for Resurrection F. Maybe it was meant to be for GDM 2, but they had realized that Resurrection F had been coming out soon so bandai probably scrapped the idea of Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta being in the GDM 2 promotional video. That's just a theory I made up and it might not be true. GDM 1 commercial (with Gogeta): https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-07wJ0jUjFk GDM 2 commercial: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W7cyz-to-2Q

GoldLiger
Banned

Post by GoldLiger » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:46 am

SSGSS Goku wrote:That was actually from a commercial that was for GDM 1. The GDM 2 commercial has footage for Resurrection F. Maybe it was meant to be for GDM 2, but they had realized that Resurrection F had been coming out soon so bandai probably scrapped the idea of Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta being in the GDM 2 promotional video. That's just a theory I made up and it might not be true. GDM 1 commercial (with Gogeta): https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-07wJ0jUjFk GDM 2 commercial: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W7cyz-to-2Q
Sorry but that doesn't cut it. It is a GDM2 trailer. Why do you think they DIDN'T give us a GDM2 trailer? That is because of what you said the whole "Resurrection F" movie tie in. But I won't bother you with this anymore. I will let Dimps released the trailer themselves once they are finishing re released all the previous trailers first. Hope you will believe it then lol.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:09 am

Yeah, you must be right. Those guys like to keep their trailers secret, they're sneaky like that. I bet there's been secret trailers since the beginning.

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:12 pm

GoldLiger wrote:
SSGSS Goku wrote:That was actually from a commercial that was for GDM 1. The GDM 2 commercial has footage for Resurrection F. Maybe it was meant to be for GDM 2, but they had realized that Resurrection F had been coming out soon so bandai probably scrapped the idea of Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta being in the GDM 2 promotional video. That's just a theory I made up and it might not be true. GDM 1 commercial (with Gogeta): https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-07wJ0jUjFk GDM 2 commercial: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W7cyz-to-2Q
Sorry but that doesn't cut it. It is a GDM2 trailer. Why do you think they DIDN'T give us a GDM2 trailer? That is because of what you said the whole "Resurrection F" movie tie in. But I won't bother you with this anymore. I will let Dimps released the trailer themselves once they are finishing re released all the previous trailers first. Hope you will believe it then lol.
I suppose you are correct. Although I wonder why Dimps is keeping some of these trailers secret, like GM2. They definitely did some sort of trailer for it, but the full trailer was never shown to the public as far as I know. Only the commercial was released

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:24 pm

DNA wrote:Yeah, you must be right. Those guys like to keep their trailers secret, they're sneaky like that. I bet there's been secret trailers since the beginning.
With all the streams and events, we know the promotion for Heroes material is usually done months in advance. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if word of Resurrection "F" and it's release date popped up internally while they were in production on the GDM1 material and thus cuts were made to fit in the Freeza bits for the sake of promotion. The film has been stated pretty much everywhere to have been an extremely rushed production so I wouldn't be surprised if it threw off a couple of things behind the scenes.

That said, I sincerely doubt there's a secret trailer to release later (for any reason). If they had any more significant footage, they probably would have been slipping it in places like the SS4 Gogeta clip. As cheap and strained as Toei is, they would have recycled the material to not waste money.

GoldLiger
Banned

Post by GoldLiger » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:35 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
DNA wrote:Yeah, you must be right. Those guys like to keep their trailers secret, they're sneaky like that. I bet there's been secret trailers since the beginning.
With all the streams and events, we know the promotion for Heroes material is usually done months in advance. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if word of Resurrection "F" and it's release date popped up internally while they were in production on the GDM1 material and thus cuts were made to fit in the Freeza bits for the sake of promotion. The film has been stated pretty much everywhere to have been an extremely rushed production so I wouldn't be surprised if it threw off a couple of things behind the scenes.

That said, I sincerely doubt there's a secret trailer to release later (for any reason). If they had any more significant footage, they probably would have been slipping it in places like the SS4 Gogeta clip. As cheap and strained as Toei is, they would have recycled the material to not waste money.
Well that SS4 Gogeta clip had to have come from somewhere. Most remember the trailer with Vegito as a commercial only thing too but look at it now. Maybe Dimps/Toei will release the official GDM2 trailer and we will see SS4 Gogeta since that is the only character we didn't get a anime trailer that we see his face other than the commercial.

So back to Heroes. Is their any hints for January's GDM6 content?

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:02 pm

As far as i know, no hints as of now. I don't know why, but the only thing I could think of GDM6 being is something Demigra related but I'm probably wrong about that. I'd think there would be some sort of new form of a character, but they had already done that recently with SSJ4 Gohan
Edit: Nevermind. DNA just posted it
Last edited by SSGSS Goku on Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:33 am

For GDM6 there's scarred Super Saiyan 4 Broli and Baby Hatchiyack. Mutchi was randomly revealed which may hint a return to the beginnings of GT. We're also still missing the rest of Piccolo's Mazoku.

GoldLiger
Banned

Post by GoldLiger » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:45 pm

DNA wrote:For GDM6 there's scarred Super Saiyan 4 Broli and Baby Hatchiyack. Mutchi was randomly revealed which may hint a return to the beginnings of GT. We're also still missing the rest of Piccolo's Mazoku.
So a Broly Second Coming version of LSS4 Broly. Interesting. I wonder what other stuff we can expect?

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:30 pm

Now that they're in the "Let's give out Super Saiyan 4" phase I wonder how long till more characters, like Trunks, Bardock and Vegetto get Super Saiyan 4, I mean I doubt they're stopping with Gohan.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:32 pm

DNA wrote:For GDM6 there's scarred Super Saiyan 4 Broli and Baby Hatchiyack. Mutchi was randomly revealed which may hint a return to the beginnings of GT. We're also still missing the rest of Piccolo's Mazoku.
I doubt we'll be seeing the Mazoku for a while. Maybe they can tie in more of the content with the Champa Arc and it's Dragon Ball revelations.

Anyway, we should be expecting the second half of Super Golden Freeza for certain, and possibly a Champa tease (since he was cut from the what-if missions of GDM5).

With Bebi Hatchihyack apparently debuting next set though, as well as the Mutchi reveal, I don't know about full early GT material, but I definitely expect more Machine Mutants. Perhaps adult Bebi? Or Llod's first form? Sigma's individual pieces maybe?

No idea what's going on with Dabra, Towa, Mira and the rest of the Makai plot after their (apparent) deaths at the hands of the new SS4 Broli, but we might see a bit of an elaboration on his new "form". Though perhaps we already have a little, as the current challenge mission in the Heroes Stadium is titled Fukkatsu no B / Resurrection 'B'...

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:17 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I doubt we'll be seeing the Mazoku for a while. Maybe they can tie in more of the content with the Champa Arc and it's Dragon Ball revelations.
Yeah, it's a pity though, since I really would like to see them. I was expecting more to come out of it, including Naraka.
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:With Bebi Hatchihyack apparently debuting next set though, as well as the Mutchi reveal, I don't know about full early GT material, but I definitely expect more Machine Mutants. Perhaps adult Bebi? Or Llod's first form? Sigma's individual pieces maybe?
I don't really see Lood getting his normal form but at this point, who knows? Maybe the Sigma Force, again at this point, why not? Like I said before, I've been waiting for that Baby Adult Body ever since Baby Boy Body was a thing. Why make the distinction if you're only going to make one?
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:No idea what's going on with Dabra, Towa, Mira and the rest of the Makai plot after their (apparent) deaths at the hands of the new SS4 Broli, but we might see a bit of an elaboration on his new "form". Though perhaps we already have a little, as the current challenge mission in the Heroes Stadium is titled Fukkatsu no B / Resurrection 'B'...
Oh god that's amazing, Resurrection 'B'. It takes balls to piggyback on the movie to keep pumping more Broli related nonsense. I love it.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:38 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Though perhaps we already have a little, as the current challenge mission in the Heroes Stadium is titled Fukkatsu no B / Resurrection 'B'...
Like Freeza, Broli's body was first heavily damaged, and then he died by having his body completely destroyed... Maybe this is a what-if where Broli was revived like Freeza was, meaning that he was first restored to life, then he had his wounds healed (which would explain his big scar), he became even stronger by becoming a Super Saiyan 4, and he is also angry (which would explain his vains being visible)? Heh. :lol:
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.