"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kakarot
Not-So-Newbie

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kakarot » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:10 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Kakarot wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Dark Broly had blackish/brown fur
Because a Dark Dragon Ball was bound to him. Without outside sources affecting him, Broly as a Super Saiyan 4 has red fur.
Doesn't change my point that the fur doesn't HAVE to be red.

Though personally, I do not think it would look right on trunks to have that god awful shade of purple for his fur anyway. It would be garish and offensive to the eyes as the main colour of his clothes unless it was darker or muted. I think his Blue would work better put with darker clothing to keep it subdued.
Except that when Heroes introduces a character's new form it's often without them being altered by stuff like that.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:30 am

Kakarot wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Kakarot wrote: Because a Dark Dragon Ball was bound to him. Without outside sources affecting him, Broly as a Super Saiyan 4 has red fur.

Though personally, I do not think it would look right on trunks to have that god awful shade of purple for his fur anyway. It would be garish and offensive to the eyes as the main colour of his clothes unless it was darker or muted. I think his Blue would work better put with darker clothing to keep it subdued.
Except that when Heroes introduces a character's new form it's often without them being altered by stuff like that.
And your point is? As shown, the fur doesn't need to be a red shade

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:39 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Kakarot wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:

And your point is? As shown, the fur doesn't need to be a red shade
Actually you might wanna take another look at his official art because his fur is still red, is just a dark garnet. So even with the dark dragon ball it doesn’t make it black or brown.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:28 am

Also guys the newest manga chapter is out and it really does hint that Cumber is the evil saiyan that Yamoshi fought!!!

theshinobi

Post by theshinobi » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:46 am

Universe Mission 03 - Preview

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:32 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote:Also guys the newest manga chapter is out and it really does hint that Cumber is the evil saiyan that Yamoshi fought!!!
It literally states nothing about Yamoshi in the scans revealed. I already asked taddlelegacy: https://twitter.com/taddlelegacy/status ... 6928862209
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:28 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:
S3 Hendrix wrote:Also guys the newest manga chapter is out and it really does hint that Cumber is the evil saiyan that Yamoshi fought!!!
It literally states nothing about Yamoshi in the scans revealed. I already asked taddlelegacy: https://twitter.com/taddlelegacy/status ... 6928862209
Its more like Cumber mentions red hair. Then he refers to Goku as a red hair saiyan god and then gets angry and breaks out of his restraining jacket.

And we kinda already know he’s an ancient saiyan.

But before that, for some reason he says むく which supposedly means “peel”.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:51 pm

Yamoshi didn't transform into Super Saiyan God though, he only became a Super Saiyan and got overwhelmed by superior numbers. So if Cumber is familiar with the form, the only thing I can think of is that they might be using the Super Saiyan God mentioned in the Battle of Gods movie as another character. I believe Shenron says that particular story happened on Planet Vegeta.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:14 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Yamoshi didn't transform into Super Saiyan God though, he only became a Super Saiyan and got overwhelmed by superior numbers. So if Cumber is familiar with the form, the only thing I can think of is that they might be using the Super Saiyan God mentioned in the Battle of Gods movie as another character. I believe Shenron says that particular story happened on Planet Vegeta.
That was never said although i think they showed Planet Vegeta implying that the ssg was from Planet Vegeta.

But IMO i think the whole legend from Shenron was retconned long ago and doesn't apply at all and that the one and only story is the one about Yamoshi. I mean, the B.o.G story stopped being viable when DBS came and retconned it
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:34 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:
I already have the full chapter, he gets triggered seeing Goku and says “Red Hair..... RED HAIR SAIYAN!” Fu also explains some more about Cumber

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:42 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote:
shadowfox87 wrote:
I already have the full chapter, he gets triggered seeing Goku and says “Red Hair..... RED HAIR SAIYAN!” Fu also explains some more about Cumber
Post some pics of the pages.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:45 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:Yamoshi didn't transform into Super Saiyan God though, he only became a Super Saiyan and got overwhelmed by superior numbers. So if Cumber is familiar with the form, the only thing I can think of is that they might be using the Super Saiyan God mentioned in the Battle of Gods movie as another character. I believe Shenron says that particular story happened on Planet Vegeta.
That was never said although i think they showed Planet Vegeta implying that the ssg was from Planet Vegeta.

But IMO i think the whole legend from Shenron was retconned long ago and doesn't apply at all and that the one and only story is the one about Yamoshi. I mean, the B.o.G story stopped being viable when DBS came and retconned it
As Shenron wraps up the story he says that Planet Vegeta became a planet of evil Saiyans after the SSG disappeared. Yamoshi's story was "very long ago, before Planet Vegeta was the Saiyans’ planet." Super doesn't mention the story but it doesn't contradict it either. All Shenron says is that the SSG is a figure from Saiyan legend and he recites the instructions recorded by the Namekians. If they decided to they could draw from that well with no issues. Let's wait and see what's going on first.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:51 pm

If Trunks ever gets SSJ4 and his fur is not purple I'll be pissed. They go out of their way to basically give different shades of red for everyone who got the form till now in order to make it more unique. If they miss this opportunity to diversify even further with Trunks what's even the point?

The new chapter looks amazing. Puts that piece of shit of an anime to shame. Wonky faces aside, this is what a Dragon Ball manga should be. Toyotaro should start getting lessons, cause after the crap he's been putting out during this arc a lot of people might do as I did and drop it altogether.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:57 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
S3 Hendrix wrote:
shadowfox87 wrote:
That is illegal lol, but again I said it just hints he is the saiyan yamoshi fights I never said it specifically mentions yamoshi before people start taking this out of context

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:58 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote:I already have the full chapter, he gets triggered seeing Goku and says “Red Hair..... RED HAIR SAIYAN!” Fu also explains some more about Cumber
Red hair saiyan can just be an observation. It means nothing. As someone above already pointed out - Yamoshi was not the first SSG. His spirit wandered in search of a new warrior that became the SSG. The BoG movie was wrong and it got retconned.

I really doubt you have the full chapter because people who pre-ordered it still haven't received the book yet. Can you prove it? You can send it to me via DM. If you post it, then I can get the translations by today.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:26 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:

As Shenron wraps up the story he says that Planet Vegeta became a planet of evil Saiyans after the SSG disappeared. Yamoshi's story was "very long ago, before Planet Vegeta was the Saiyans’ planet." Super doesn't mention the story but it doesn't contradict it either. All Shenron says is that the SSG is a figure from Saiyan legend and he recites the instructions recorded by the Namekians. If they decided to they could draw from that well with no issues. Let's wait and see what's going on first.
Yeah but more proof that this has been retconned is by the fact that when asked about who the super saiyan god that appeared in Battle of Gods was, Toriyama literally says its Yamoshi. And the whole think about Namekians recording the info is what Toriyama said is what they did for Yamoshi’s story.

He said an Elder Namekian wrote Yamoshi’s story in the Namekian Book of Legends. This whole SSGod on Planet Vegeta thing is not longer viable to go off of.
Was the “legendary Super Saiyan” Freeza feared the Super Saiyan God that appeared in Battle of Gods?

Answer: In a certain sense, they are the same person. That is to say, very long ago, before Planet Vegeta was the Saiyans’ planet, there was a man named Yamoshi4 who had a righteous heart despite being a Saiyan. He and his five comrades started a rebellion, but he was cornered by combatants and became a Super Saiyan for the first time, though his transformation and fearsome fighting style shocked the other Saiyans. Outnumbered, Yamoshi eventually wore himself out and was defeated, but this was only the beginning of his legend. Afterwards, Yamoshi’s spirit wandered in continuous search of six righteous-hearted Saiyans, seeking a new savior: Super Saiyan God.
[Tori-bot] “And that’s why there’s that ceremony to become Super Saiyan God.”

↓ And why did Beerus search for Super Saiyan God?

Beerus probably picked up on information about Yamoshi’s spirit in his prophetic dream. The fact that this is recorded in the Namekian book of legends is likewise because the Namekian elder who wrote it sympathized with Yamoshi.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:29 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
S3 Hendrix wrote:
That is illegal lol, but again I said it just hints he is the saiyan yamoshi fights I never said it specifically mentions yamoshi before people start taking this out of context
Yeah but what hints? What kind?

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:30 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:
S3 Hendrix wrote:I already have the full chapter, he gets triggered seeing Goku and says “Red Hair..... RED HAIR SAIYAN!” Fu also explains some more about Cumber
Red hair saiyan can just be an observation. It means nothing. As someone above already pointed out - Yamoshi was not the first SSG. His spirit wandered in search of a new warrior that became the SSG. The BoG movie was wrong and it got retconned.

I really doubt you have the full chapter because people who pre-ordered it still haven't received the book yet. Can you prove it? You can send it to me via DM. If you post it, then I can get the translations by today.
I basically explained why that whole thing about there being another SSGod is now BS in my response above

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:49 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: That was never said although i think they showed Planet Vegeta implying that the ssg was from Planet Vegeta.

Yeah but more proof that this has been retconned is by the fact that when asked about who the super saiyan god that appeared in Battle of Gods was, Toriyama literally says its Yamoshi. And the whole think about Namekians recording the info is what Toriyama said is what they did for Yamoshi’s story.

He said an Elder Namekian wrote Yamoshi’s story in the Namekian Book of Legends. This whole SSGod on Planet Vegeta thing is not longer viable to go off of.
Was the “legendary Super Saiyan” Freeza feared the Super Saiyan God that appeared in Battle of Gods?

Answer: In a certain sense, they are the same person. That is to say, very long ago, before Planet Vegeta was the Saiyans’ planet, there was a man named Yamoshi4 who had a righteous heart despite being a Saiyan. He and his five comrades started a rebellion, but he was cornered by combatants and became a Super Saiyan for the first time, though his transformation and fearsome fighting style shocked the other Saiyans. Outnumbered, Yamoshi eventually wore himself out and was defeated, but this was only the beginning of his legend. Afterwards, Yamoshi’s spirit wandered in continuous search of six righteous-hearted Saiyans, seeking a new savior: Super Saiyan God.

Beerus probably picked up on information about Yamoshi’s spirit in his prophetic dream. The fact that this is recorded in the Namekian book of legends is likewise because the Namekian elder who wrote it sympathized with Yamoshi.
He says right in that bit you quoted that Yamoshi died right after becoming Super Saiyan and that his spirit went searching for the Super Saiyan God. They are the same "in a certain sense." Yamoshi did not himself become a Super Saiyan God in life but his spirit apparently has some part in the ritual. And keep in mind that Fu is pulling these guys from all across space and time so whatever lore is relevant to the Super continuity does not necessarily apply to whatever timeline Cumber is from. That's why I said we should really wait and see what's actually going on with Cumber before we run rampant with speculation and arguments. There's already enough fake information about Yamoshi flying around out there.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:53 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: As Shenron wraps up the story he says that Planet Vegeta became a planet of evil Saiyans after the SSG disappeared. Yamoshi's story was "very long ago, before Planet Vegeta was the Saiyans’ planet." Super doesn't mention the story but it doesn't contradict it either. All Shenron says is that the SSG is a figure from Saiyan legend and he recites the instructions recorded by the Namekians. If they decided to they could draw from that well with no issues. Let's wait and see what's going on first.

He says right in that bit you quoted that Yamoshi died right after becoming Super Saiyan and that his spirit went searching for the Super Saiyan God. They are the same "in a certain sense." Yamoshi did not himself become a Super Saiyan God in life. And keep in mind that Fu is pulling these guys from all across space and time so whatever lore is relevant to the Super timeline does not necessarily matter to whatever timeline Cumber is from. That's why I said we should really wait and see what's actually going on with Cumber before we run rampant with speculation and arguments. There's already enough fake information about Yamoshi flying around out there.
True but when we go off of what we know from the lore, Yamoshi was the only “SSGod” before Goku and Vegeta. Heck, since Yamoshi is the spirit of the form itself, you could technically say that he was the first SSGod.