"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Heroes" On-Going Discussion Thread

Post by Rukura » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:30 pm

Xeogran wrote:The Ozotto dream is dead :(
Considering they dug up Hachihyack again and are giving him new what-if forms, I don't see why Majin Ozotto can't be a thing. They'll get there eventually. Boo will probably absorb him and Baby will probably infect him.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:56 pm

shadd21 wrote:I'M surprised SSJB Gogeta/Vegetto isn't a thing yet.
Super Saiyan Blue is too recent of a thing. They'll get there eventually.
Rukura wrote:Considering they dug up Hachihyack again and are giving him new what-if forms, I don't see why Majin Ozotto can't be a thing. They'll get there eventually. Boo will probably absorb him and Baby will probably infect him.
Well, Hatchiyack comes from an NES game with a full story, that was adapted into two animates episodes, that was adapted into two animated games, that was remade into a special. Ozotto comes from an arcade game, he's ugly and he's a shapeshifter, end of information about him.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:26 pm

DNA wrote:
I don't think we will see them in Heroes as long as Super is around, since there is the possibility to see at least one of them in Super.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:04 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
DNA wrote:
I don't think we will see them in Heroes as long as Super is around, since there is the possibility to see at least one of them in Super.
The chances of Super using them unlikly Toriyama will likley never use Vegetto again, and Gogeta was created by Toei meaning his chances of appearing are even lower since Toriyama is doing the story(post F saga), So Super isn't preventing Heroes making SSJB Vegetto/Gogeta.

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:45 am

Hot Rod wrote:Speaking of Super Saiyan 4, I think the next one to get is GT Trunks, if I happen to be correct, then he will probably be the first one to achieve while wearing shorts, answering the non-frequently-asked-question if the fur covers the body. :lol:
I hope they don't even consider making it non-fully-body, it would look awful. Legs/butt should be covered in it and end on ankles, just as it ends on wrists on upper part.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:18 am

I do wonder if Trunks does go SSj4 then would he have purple hair and red fur or black hair and red fur like the other SSj4's?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:31 am

Well, the reveal of Kibitoshin's separation on the Super manga leads me to believe that there is a strong posibility that either Vegetto or another potara fusion will appear. So again, I'm sure everyone is waiting to see what happens before jumping the gun.

As for a Super Saiyan 4 Trunks, if it has to happen, I hope jis fur colour falls somewhere on the purple end of the red spectrum. Meaning, still a tone of red but closer to purple. As for his hair... I don't even know.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:08 am

shadd21 wrote:The chances of Super using them unlikly Toriyama will likley never use Vegetto again, and Gogeta was created by Toei meaning his chances of appearing are even lower since Toriyama is doing the story(post F saga), So Super isn't preventing Heroes making SSJB Vegetto/Gogeta.
There is absolutely nothing pointing out that Vegetto will appear or not, and Gogeta almost appeared in the manga, so he has chances as well. One of them at least will either appear, or won't appear. There are not more or less chances in either case.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:20 pm

DNA wrote:Well, the reveal of Kibitoshin's separation on the Super manga leads me to believe that there is a strong posibility that either Vegetto or another potara fusion will appear. So again, I'm sure everyone is waiting to see what happens before jumping the gun.

As for a Super Saiyan 4 Trunks, if it has to happen, I hope jis fur colour falls somewhere on the purple end of the red spectrum. Meaning, still a tone of red but closer to purple. As for his hair... I don't even know.
I find this to be the definitive design.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:50 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I do wonder if Trunks does go SSj4 then would he have purple hair and red fur or black hair and red fur like the other SSj4's?
SSJ4 designs were all mixed from the start and I liked it. Goku was the only one with black hair, Vegeta had dark brown hair and Gogeta had red (with dark brown fur). Thunks should probably have some dark purple body fur and keep light purple hair
KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Hair looks good, but the fur should have a different shade, this pink/magneta that Goku had doesn't fit his hair

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:20 pm

For what it's worth, this is a SSJ4 Trunks I made. The drawing itself sucks, but I really think it fits better if both the hair and fur were purple. Red fur/purple hair just looks out of place for me.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:02 pm

Draconic wrote:
For what it's worth, this is a SSJ4 Trunks I made. The drawing itself sucks, but I really think it fits better if both the hair and fur were purple. Red fur/purple hair just looks out of place for me.
I think this looks better indeed. Although something would prob have to be done with the green socks, bit too much colors going on in leg area right now. Not an issue really since SSJ4 form always had magic clothes included lol

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:27 pm

Basaku wrote:
Draconic wrote:
I think this looks better indeed. Although something would prob have to be done with the green socks, bit too much colors going on in leg area right now. Not an issue really since SSJ4 form always had magic clothes included lol
I guess that's right :lol: but it was easier to just go with the GT design than come up with something on my own :D I just want them to keep the short pants. Furry legs, baby!

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:02 pm

Draconic wrote:I just want them to keep the short pants. Furry legs, baby!
U won't find me disagreeing on that one 8)

Regarding potential female SSJ4 in Heroes, would this be considered too much in 'kids' property?

Of course the breasts are too big and would be much smaller in Heroes/Super/GT 'official' animation style, but when it comes to furr I think it can perfectly cover up most of the chest and no bras/vests/tops would be necessary?
Last edited by Basaku on Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:12 pm

I really hope Heroes don't spread SSJ4 like they did with SSJ3, I mean by logical sense all Saiyans that could turn into SSJ4 already did that,well probably Bardock would... Anyway wouldn't make much sense for Trunks and Goten to become SSJ4 because they born tailless.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:14 pm

I also found those pics just when the SSJ4 girls debate was heating up but couldn't be arsed to post it from my phone. To answer your question, I don't think it would be too much. Towa has underboobs going for her, so sideboobs don't seem that far away from that. Not to mention we got Bulma's naked tits in Dragon Ball, plus she has some designs with quite a bit of cleavege. I think it works well enough.

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:22 pm

Noah wrote:I really hope Heroes don't spread SSJ4 like they did with SSJ3, I mean by logical sense all Saiyans that could turn into SSJ4 already did that,well probably Bardock would... Anyway wouldn't make much sense for Trunks and Goten to become SSJ4 because they born tailless.
Were they or Uncle Piccolo just cut them off when they were born?
Draconic wrote:I also found those pics just when the SSJ4 girls debate was heating up but couldn't be arsed to post it from my phone. To answer your question, I don't think it would be too much. Towa has underboobs going for her, so sideboobs don't seem that far away from that. Not to mention we got Bulma's naked tits in Dragon Ball, plus she has some designs with quite a bit of cleavege. I think it works well enough.
Well, Bulma's boob flash was rather long ago and Toei's definitely toned down nudity and violence with international markets in mind. But yeah, good point about Towa

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:25 pm

Basaku wrote:Were they or Uncle Piccolo just cut them off when they were born?
Yes, they born tailless. Toriyama confirmed that Saiyan tail is a recessive gene.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:27 pm

Noah wrote:Yes, they born tailless. Toriyama confirmed that Saiyan tail is a recessive gene.
*shuts ears*
*dismisses Toriyama's comment as long ago and surely he forgot about it already*
*hopes for more Toriyama retcons*
*la la la la*
My boo boo Goten must have a cute tail :problem:

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:55 pm

Noah wrote:
Basaku wrote:Were they or Uncle Piccolo just cut them off when they were born?
Yes, they born tailless. Toriyama confirmed that Saiyan tail is a recessive gene.
Huh? Where is this quote from? That's a cool tidbit.