"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:22 pm

This is also from the anniversary guide, I see V4 (ベジット4) is mentioned can anyone tell me what it says? Using Google Translate on the tweet says something about V4 appearing during the end of the Dark Realm saga.

https://twitter.com/hosi101111/status/1 ... 7998720000

Gohan123
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gohan123 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:52 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:22 pm This is also from the anniversary guide, I see V4 (ベジット4) is mentioned can anyone tell me what it says? Using Google Translate on the tweet says something about V4 appearing during the end of the Dark Realm saga.

Vegito vs Mechikabura :o

RichardKing2
Beyond Newbie

Post by RichardKing2 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:25 pm

Neat! So Heroes is gonna make Vegito job and still protect Mechikabura?

urgh. Just be done with him already. We get it. He's strong. ssj5685065 probably isn't enough for him. i'm already frustrated with how heroes loves to protect Hearts(in the anime). are we gonna need a mastered ultra instinct gogeta and vegetto fusion to beat this guy now?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:35 pm

Heroes run in comic book logic. Its villains will always return or get new power-ups as the plot demands.

Gohan123
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gohan123 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:20 pm

RichardKing2 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:25 pm Neat! So Heroes is gonna make Vegito job and still protect Mechikabura?

urgh. Just be done with him already. We get it. He's strong. ssj5685065 probably isn't enough for him. i'm already frustrated with how heroes loves to protect Hearts(in the anime). are we gonna need a mastered ultra instinct gogeta and vegetto fusion to beat this guy now?
Just be patient . There no information about Mechibakura fate.

Now we gonna see Vegito return to fight against him.

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:59 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:22 pm This is also from the anniversary guide, I see V4 (ベジット4) is mentioned can anyone tell me what it says? Using Google Translate on the tweet says something about V4 appearing during the end of the Dark Realm saga.

Wait just a sec, where did this come from??? is from last mission right?? because we are about a bit more than a month for next mission release.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:50 pm

If you mean the game screenshot, is from UM4/5. You can see the chains and the planets from Prison Planet's background.

If you mean the text, is from the staff interviews in the Anniversary guide.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:32 am

nice. so we get to see fusions defeat the final villains of their own arc.
wonder if fuu is gonna be the reason for their time lines merging

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:44 am

Someone on Twitter actually asked me about this passage a while back. This is part of an interview that was mainly talking about the concept of V4 as the anniversary character.
There was more that discussed the decision to include him in the Prison Planet arc instead I think tho I can't find the rest of the interview anymore. But basically, don't expect V4 to appear in the next UVM or something.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:27 pm

Awww, that's disappointing.

Thanks for the clarification!

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:50 pm

Rakurai wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:44 am

Someone on Twitter actually asked me about this passage a while back. This is part of an interview that was mainly talking about the concept of V4 as the anniversary character.
There was more that discussed the decision to include him in the Prison Planet arc instead I think tho I can't find the rest of the interview anymore. But basically, don't expect V4 to appear in the next UVM or something.
I sent you the whole page(basically) in your DMs on twitter just in case you want to translate it for the folks on here :)

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:34 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:50 pm
Rakurai wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:44 am

I sent you the whole page(basically) in your DMs on twitter just in case you want to translate it for the folks on here :)
I'd also like a translation of the whole page I wanna learn and know more

Gohan123
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gohan123 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:47 pm

Sorry for off topic.

https://youtu.be/0tk490uOEOw

Can anyone please tell me who is this goku ? Is he from another timeline where he get raised in Planet Vegeta ?

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:48 am

Sorry it took me a while to get to it, been busy this week. I posted the parts pertaining to V4 on my Twitter:

https://twitter.com/lightning446/status ... 4648259585

I might actually need someone who's also fluent in Japanese to confirm or verify the last part between Higuchi and Kadota, I'm a little iffy on this. I used to think that Higuchi-san was speaking in the past tense since the main subject was the timing of V4's "birth" (誕生するタイミング) but the grammar is in present tense, as in "We can [insert] V4 into the current Dark demon realm story," and Kadota-san's remark is kind of weird since it lacks a clear subject to attach to his quote "That was this sort of thing!" So MAYBE V4 could still make an appearance before Big Bang mission, but I don't really know.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:57 am

So in sum: "let's add a new character" after a while "nah, screw it, Vegetto Super Saiyan 4 is fine, everyone will be surprised by that".
Was anyone surprised? I gotta say barely anything surprises me about Dragon Ball Heroes.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:56 pm

Rakurai wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:48 am Sorry it took me a while to get to it, been busy this week. I posted the parts pertaining to V4 on my Twitter:

https://twitter.com/lightning446/status ... 4648259585

I might actually need someone who's also fluent in Japanese to confirm or verify the last part between Higuchi and Kadota, I'm a little iffy on this. I used to think that Higuchi-san was speaking in the past tense since the main subject was the timing of V4's "birth" (誕生するタイミング) but the grammar is in present tense, as in "We can [insert] V4 into the current Dark demon realm story," and Kadota-san's remark is kind of weird since it lacks a clear subject to attach to his quote "That was this sort of thing!" So MAYBE V4 could still make an appearance before Big Bang mission, but I don't really know.
Thanks for the translation!

You know, I find very amusing how a lot of things we as fans saw as groundbreaking or whatever, had pretty simple origins. Like SSG Trunks? "We can't get assed to think of a SSJ4 form for Trunks", V4? "We need a shocking new character, let's give Vegito SSJ4". That said, I think the biggest takeaway from these things is that there's no "embargo" with Super elements like some people has speculated and it simply comes down to the people in charge of the games not wanting to use those elements.

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:33 pm

DNA wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:57 am So in sum: "let's add a new character" after a while "nah, screw it, Vegetto Super Saiyan 4 is fine, everyone will be surprised by that".
Was anyone surprised? I gotta say barely anything surprises me about Dragon Ball Heroes.
No kidding, it really feels like they have toned down the craziness or maybe we have just gotten used to it??? idk but having Vegetto come back again for the final fight doesn't really excite me that much if at all, then again with the kind of enemy they have now thats like the strongest thing they can throw at him so it makes sense i guess, what i'm trying to say is mostly i miss crazy stuff that came out of nowhere like Baby Janemba or Raditz/Nappa SS3, i think those were SEC's at the time of their release and now it's always stuff you have already seen on the leaks or trailers there are no real surprises anymore other than the anniversary SS4 and this year we didn't even get one!!!! (i'm still salty we missed SS4 Trunks, maybe forever for such a silly reason)

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:15 pm

Gotta say I'm not a big fan of Baby Janenba, but it sure surprised me!
They could do tons of other surprising stuff like Super 17 after absorbing Super 13, Super Saiyan Xeno Pan, Super Baby Gohan amongst many others.
Instead, we kept getting Super Saiyan transformations for the same old obvious characters and now we barely have anything surprising.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:05 am

DNA wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:15 pm Gotta say I'm not a big fan of Baby Janenba, but it sure surprised me!
They could do tons of other surprising stuff like Super 17 after absorbing Super 13, Super Saiyan Xeno Pan, Super Baby Gohan amongst many others.
Instead, we kept getting Super Saiyan transformations for the same old obvious characters and now we barely have anything surprising.
Ha indeed! These are the concepts that got materialized and as of today spark excitement.

I believe that they try a little harder with giving a meaning and a purpose behind a form, or a new character nowadays, which truly isn't bad. But it might take away some of the fanservice.

Nonetheless, you can still achieve this fanservice even if you limit the story's creativity, but adding unique elements to it like the Core Area Warriors. Okay half of them may represent something already seen, but as a concept it is amazing and definitely memorable!

But if we need fanservice, I also have some ideas on my own such as: SS4 Adult Gotenks, Ultimate Gokhan with Kaio Ken, Cell with Bojack absorbed, Buuhan actually absorbing Vegito and requiring the time patrol to stop him or something and many more!
P O W E R

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:24 am

I guess the surprise is that we haven't gotten Super Saiyan 4 Cumber yet, somehow.
For me, Kamin & Oren were cool additions, I've been wondering about Tsufruian avatars for years now.