"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by goku the krump dancer » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:51 am

RedHeat wrote:
S3 Hendrix wrote:https://imgur.com/gallery/LzsAfRq

The twins of universe 6 finally reveled, they remind me of baby
Anyone else think they look like Dante amd Virgil, from DMC?
Thats no accident!
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:17 am

The CPs cards. Doesn't seem to have new CAA, but is all about fusions.
It does triggers me the fact that Heroes continues to refuse to add the missing forms for some characters. :|

HERE IT IS! SUPER SAIYAN GOD VEGETA IS FINALLY IN A VIDEO-GAME! Been waiting for this since 2013!
Like I said before, if there was one good thing about the present part of the movie (besides base Gogeta, of course), is the fact that now Super Saiyan God Vegeta will start appearing in games from now on. :D

Hopefully Xenoverse 3 or FighterZ 2 adds him too.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:29 am

The Twins are really cool designs. Guess they are going to continue mixing GT with Super for original stories, makes sense.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:33 am

Better look at Super Saiyan God Vegeta. Can someone translate the name of his technique?

~ Day of the Machines ~

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:35 am

wtf, why is skirtless Hit from the manga getting a card before GoD Toppo, shirtless Jiren or shirtless Blue Evolved Vegeta????

Kogath

Post by Kogath » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:36 am

Grimlock wrote:
HERE IT IS! SUPER SAIYAN GOD VEGETA IS FINALLY IN A VIDEO-GAME! Been waiting for this since 2013!
Oren and Kamin? More like Super Dragon Ball Heroes, featuring Dante (and Virgil) from the Devil May Cry series!

They really do look like Baby possessed Dante and Virgil... Looking forward to learning more about them though!

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:36 am

Yay, Super Saiyan God Vegeta and Base Gogeta, I can finally rest easy.

The twins look really cool, in my opinion, maybe they'll finally add Tsufruian avatars, like I said many, many pages ago.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:07 am

Grimlock wrote:Better look at Super Saiyan God Vegeta. Can someone translate the name of his technique?
Zero Distance Garlick Gun

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:28 am

Kogath wrote:They really do look like Baby!
If Heroes says they are Tsufurujins from Universe 6, hardly the series will continue to be the first thing to come in mind whenever I hear or think about the name "Dragon Ball" itself.

While a certain series wasn't capable of dealing with a Yadorat and a Tsufurujin (and hell, they were from Universe 2 instead of Universe 6), Heroes might now start exploring known races but from another (and correct) Universe. A thing that should have already happened in that certain series.
ankokudaishogun wrote:Zero Distance Garlick Gun
Oh, a variation for Galick Gun? Color me interested to see it. :) Thanks.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:22 am

Tsufurujins? Fuck yeah bitches. Always liked Baby from GT, his unique design and abilities, I hope they do these new twins justice as well.

I like the fact that SSG Vegeta's pose is in reference to SSG Vegeta's introduction from the Super manga. It's in a sense attributing Toyotarou for his conception into official DB lore.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:32 am

On the new characters:

They're advertised as being part of SDBH's upcoming "Universal Conflict - Outbreak of War" arc (宇宙争乱開戦編). The magazine page just calls them "mysterious warriors" and asks if it doesn't feel like you've seen them somewhere before...

As the top teases, they're extremely reminiscent of the Machine Mutant/Tsufruian Baby. Accordingly, their names are "Oren" and "Kamin," taken from "orange" (オレンジ/orenji) and "mandarin orange" (みかん/mikan) respectively, keeping with the Tsufruian fruit-based name scheme.

The top of the page also teases that they'll play a big role in promotional anime starting with its seventh episode, which is set to air in early January.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:59 am

DNA wrote:Yay, Super Saiyan God Vegeta and Base Gogeta, I can finally rest easy.

The twins look really cool, in my opinion, maybe they'll finally add Tsufruian avatars, like I said many, many pages ago.
Nice avatar Tsufurian will rules the multivers ! 8)
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:05 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
DNA wrote:The twins look really cool, in my opinion, maybe they'll finally add Tsufruian avatars, like I said many, many pages ago.
Between all his forms, there's enough to work for a Hero, Elite and a Berserker.
Hero could be the "Super" form, as seen with Vegeta and now Trunks, the twins look like it too. Elite could be his normal body form, the one that kinda looks like liquid metal. Berserker, the final "Super 2" form.
That, and I guess they could add some traits from other Machine Mutants.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:09 am

DNA wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
DNA wrote:The twins look really cool, in my opinion, maybe they'll finally add Tsufruian avatars, like I said many, many pages ago.
Between all his forms, there's enough to work for a Hero, Elite and a Berserker.
Hero could be the "Super" form, as seen with Vegeta and now Trunks, the twins look like it too. Elite could be his normal body form, the one that kinda looks like liquid metal. Berserker, the final "Super 2" form.
That, and I guess they could add some traits from other Machine Mutants.
Don't forget Hatchiyack that can be use for some aspect. :thumbup:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:12 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:Don't forget Hatchiyack that can be use for some aspect. :thumbup:
I guess he's sort of a proto Machine Mutant.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:39 pm

Those twins look AMAZING. I'm glad Tuffles will have more spotlight, although they do not look like real Tuffles, they look like Baby (in someone's body since they seem to have actual hair and clothes).

It's interesting. How will they call them and explain them? They can't be just Tuffles from U6 unless their Tuffles used Machine-Mutant technology to turn themselves into Baby-like forms. Saiyans in U6 are peaceful so there i no way for them to be just U6 versions of Baby that was created to kill saiyans. Maybe this time other race was involved and killed Tuffles? Maybe Frost did that?

If those are just avatars then i hope they will have more forms as well.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:08 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:Those twins look AMAZING. I'm glad Tuffles will have more spotlight, although they do not look like real Tuffles, they look like Baby (in someone's body since they seem to have actual hair and clothes).

It's interesting. How will they call them and explain them? They can't be just Tuffles from U6 unless their Tuffles used Machine-Mutant technology to turn themselves into Baby-like forms. Saiyans in U6 are peaceful so there i no way for them to be just U6 versions of Baby that was created to kill saiyans. Maybe this time other race was involved and killed Tuffles? Maybe Frost did that?

If those are just avatars then i hope they will have more forms as well.
Well, Baby was created with Tsufruian genetic material, yet he's kinda liquid mechanical. Granted this is pure speculation/head canon, but I view Baby as a sort of "natural evolution" for them.
Other than that, Episode of Bardock, whichever way you want to take its existence, brings the Plantians as the inhabitants of plant, which means Tsufruians also weren't the original inhabitants and yet there are no Plantians by the time the Saiyans arrive.
That couple with both Raichi's and Baby's personality and general attitude, the Tsufruians really seem to be elitistic genocidal maniacs with no real regard for what they view as "lesser races". Myuu was created by Baby somehow and he took over an entire planet, turning everything and everyone into Machine Mutants.
Saiyans are warmongering assholes, but Tsufruians? They're cold, calculating genocidal maniacs.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:22 pm

Cipher wrote:On the new characters:

They're advertised as being part of SDBH's upcoming "Universal Conflict - Outbreak of War" arc (宇宙争乱開戦編). The magazine page just calls them "mysterious warriors" and asks if it doesn't feel like you've seen them somewhere before...

As the top teases, they're extremely reminiscent of the Machine Mutant/Tsufruian Baby. Accordingly, their names are "Oren" and "Kamin," taken from "orange" (オレンジ/orenji) and "mandarin orange" (みかん/mikan) respectively, keeping with the Tsufruian fruit-based name scheme.

The top of the page also teases that they'll play a big role in promotional anime starting with its seventh episode, which is set to air in early January.
So we'll get more episodes after the prison planet saga? Good! I hope they improve the quality :0

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:52 pm

After this, I guess we can safely assume there's a bunch of GT fans among Heroes' staff.

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:48 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:After this, I guess we can safely assume there's a bunch of GT fans among Heroes' staff.
If that's true then i like the road they're going down with this