"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by S3 Hendrix » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:17 pm

Dragotaker wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:05 pm
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:10 am Unless I am mistaken here, it seems that Son Gohan: Xeno has a Super Saiyan 3 Card now.
Holy shit, why isn't anybody talking about this??? and Xeno Gohan doesn't even have normal super saiyan anywhere in the game, not to mention it wasn't released as something important like Goku, Vegeta and Trunks when they had theirs, pretty cool but still Goten being left out yet again, on the other hand he is the only time patrol member left without SS3 now so he has to be next right??? he just has to, unless they plan to do some weaker link thing with him, turn him evil for a while or something, otherwise it doesn't make sense for him to be neglected this much.
No one is talking about it cause we already discussed it on Twitter a week or 2 ago lol

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:22 pm

Rakurai wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:21 pm
Zamasu55 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:51 pm
Oh, apologies.
Again, nothing against you. The way that the DB Wiki is structured is obscure, misleading, with many events taken out of context. Often mixes various parts of different media, making things even more confusing. Like wtf is that shitty Goku: Xeno wiki page that's incomplete and scrambles manga/anime/game events together (and base XGoku capable of fighting Si Xing Long: Xeno? What in the fuck?). And where tf did the name 'Cunber' come from. Smfh.

If you do have to use it, go straight for the sources instead picking info off the page. Admittedly this can be very tough and time-consuming, I understand not everyone has the time to do that. But I think it's better to ensure facts than to let false notions propagate across the fandom. We have enough of those as is.

Goku:xeno actually did fight nuova Shenron: xeno in only base form, Goku never transformed or anything but just like in GT Eis Shenron(xeno) inturputs the fight

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:59 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:17 pm
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:10 am Unless I am mistaken here, it seems that Son Gohan: Xeno has a Super Saiyan 3 Card now.
Holy shit, why isn't anybody talking about this??? and Xeno Gohan doesn't even have normal super saiyan anywhere in the game, not to mention it wasn't released as something important like Goku, Vegeta and Trunks when they had theirs, pretty cool but still Goten being left out yet again, on the other hand he is the only time patrol member left without SS3 now so he has to be next right??? he just has to, unless they plan to do some weaker link thing with him, turn him evil for a while or something, otherwise it doesn't make sense for him to be neglected this much.
No one is talking about it cause we already discussed it on Twitter a week or 2 ago lol
For real?? i mind i always get my Heroes fill from here and sometimes twitter but mostly from here, would love if you could show me people on twitter to follow that always show/discuss whatever new or interesting things the game has

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:27 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:22 pm Goku:xeno actually did fight nuova Shenron: xeno in only base form, Goku never transformed or anything but just like in GT Eis Shenron(xeno) inturputs the fight
There are instances when characters don't transform yet they still go on to fight a far stronger opponent.

Like this is one of the most blatant examples, in SDBH5, XTrunks fights Dark Dragon Ball Janemba-absorbed Kid Buu... and he doesn't transform in the dialogue cutscene either. He beat Buu, so are we supposed to believe he fought this Buu on steroids in base? That's BS.

Or like throughout Prison Planet, we never see Vegeta transform SSB in the dialogue cutscenes (hell he's never in his SSB model either!) even though we know he's fought Cumber (with Goku) a few times. Are we supposed to believe he never transformed when he fought a Saiyan who could go toe-to-toe with SSB Vegetto?

Or, to use a more recent example, like in UM7, GP Goku fought SSJ3 Cumber and he didn't transform in the dialogue cutscene either. Is that supposed to imply he was fighting SSJ3 Cumber in base this whole time?

I would say the only guaranteed instances of when characters are fighting in a specific form are when they can be used as support or they actually transform in the dialogue cutscene. When they're in base, it really means nothing. XGoku fights Xeno SX Long, that's as generalized as we're supposed to believe.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Kogath

Post by Kogath » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:51 pm

Rakurai wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:21 pm And where tf did the name 'Cunber' come from. Smfh.
They based it off the URL for his profile on the Prison Planet site, which IMO is a horrible way to go about things.
http://www.carddass.com/dbh/sdbh/prison ... cunber.png

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:09 am

Kogath wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:51 pm
Rakurai wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:21 pm And where tf did the name 'Cunber' come from. Smfh.
They based it off the URL for his profile on the Prison Planet site, which IMO is a horrible way to go about things.
http://www.carddass.com/dbh/sdbh/prison ... cunber.png
Wait what... If they're taking the romanization of his name, it literally should be "Kanbaa." "Cunber" is just absolutely plain wrong.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:38 am

Rakurai wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:49 pm
Zamasu55 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:20 am
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:03 pm I heard there is info about the girl that are with Oren, Kamin, Hearts, Zamasu and Cumber ?

Can someone summarize them to me ? :eh:
https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Lagss
No offense to you, but I am really against using that atrocious fandom wiki as a readable source for info. Especially since they do a complete shit job at keeping proper compilation and/or context of SDBH-related info. Why not just find the original translation on this thread or Twitter?

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1103636097047789568
So she is literally a Glass bender person and come from a species who manipulate vitrified element interesting and so fresh for Dragon Ball. Good point she is a female character so it's always good to have more female character. Does I miss anything else to know about her ?
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:58 am

S3 Hendrix wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:17 pm
Totally expecting nothing for my boy goten but I hold out some hope

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:52 am

Rakurai wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:27 pm
S3 Hendrix wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:22 pm Goku:xeno actually did fight nuova Shenron: xeno in only base form, Goku never transformed or anything but just like in GT Eis Shenron(xeno) inturputs the fight
There are instances when characters don't transform yet they still go on to fight a far stronger opponent.

Like this is one of the most blatant examples, in SDBH5, XTrunks fights Dark Dragon Ball Janemba-absorbed Kid Buu... and he doesn't transform in the dialogue cutscene either. He beat Buu, so are we supposed to believe he fought this Buu on steroids in base? That's BS.

Or like throughout Prison Planet, we never see Vegeta transform SSB in the dialogue cutscenes (hell he's never in his SSB model either!) even though we know he's fought Cumber (with Goku) a few times. Are we supposed to believe he never transformed when he fought a Saiyan who could go toe-to-toe with SSB Vegetto?

Or, to use a more recent example, like in UM7, GP Goku fought SSJ3 Cumber and he didn't transform in the dialogue cutscene either. Is that supposed to imply he was fighting SSJ3 Cumber in base this whole time?

I would say the only guaranteed instances of when characters are fighting in a specific form are when they can be used as support or they actually transform in the dialogue cutscene. When they're in base, it really means nothing. XGoku fights Xeno SX Long, that's as generalized as we're supposed to believe.
Legend clears are who really would be fighting so in sh5(Trunks xeno didn’t even have dialogue pre fight with janembuu: xeno) Goku: Xeno And Vegeta: xeno are the ones who would actually be fighting janembuu:xeno
https://youtu.be/NsB4hmNZmT8
As can be seen in this video

The legend clear says to use Goku Xeno And Vegeta xeno many times you have to legend clear stuff to unlock more story.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:14 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:52 am
Rakurai wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:27 pm

Legend clears are who really would be fighting so in sh5(Trunks xeno didn’t even have dialogue pre fight with janembuu: xeno) Goku: Xeno And Vegeta: xeno are the ones who would actually be fighting janembuu:xeno
https://youtu.be/NsB4hmNZmT8
As can be seen in this video

The legend clear says to use Goku Xeno And Vegeta xeno many times you have to legend clear stuff to unlock more story.
Pretty sure XTrunks did have dialogue with DDB JanemBuu. This is the video before their battle.

https://youtu.be/270IyL9lrtI?t=283

Legend clears are not always the case either. To use a more recent example, Shin vs. SSJ Caulifla & Kale.

https://youtu.be/Kiu-cX0HG1s?t=26

The Legend Clear for this is to use Hit's Time Skip as the finishing move. Hit is neither part of the mission nor does it make sense in the context of the story, since Caulifla and Kale weren't being controlled at the time.

But back to my main point. Just because XGoku didn't transform doesn't necessarily mean he didn't transform canonically in the arcade story. Unless you accept this huge and inconsistent power differential. Even without the SDBH5 example, there are plenty of instances of this. And the Heroes anime often makes a point of transforming their characters too, like Vegeta and FTrunks who transform in situations where they aren't even shown transforming in the arcade at all.

EDIT: After going through the SDBH mission videos again. It seems that XTrunks acts as the character dialogue placeholder for most of the battles with the DDB Xeno villains. So I'm more inclined to believe the Legend Clears in SDBH1-8.

However, SDBH7 still proves my point when XTrunks fights against FF Mira, and the Legend Clear is for XTrunks to land the finishing blow.

https://youtu.be/FiwlkYf2jxU?t=20

Still no transformation in the dialogue cutscene. Doesn't mean he would be fighting in base since obviously FF Mira >>>>>>> base XTrunks.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:18 pm

Compilation of UM1 dialogue for the arcade. UM2 is up next. I will cover both the Prison Planet and the Demigra Assault arcs whenever appropriate. It might take me some time but I hope to get caught up to the latest mission sometime within the next couple of months.

Document link here.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:19 pm

Rakurai wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:18 pm Compilation of UM1 dialogue for the arcade. UM2 is up next. I will cover both the Prison Planet and the Demigra Assault arcs whenever appropriate. It might take me some time but I hope to get caught up to the latest mission sometime within the next couple of months.

Document link here.
Finished UM2. Will work on UM3 sometime in the following few weeks, maybe earlier if possible.

Ssb_goku20
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Ssb_goku20 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:29 pm

Rakurai wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:19 pm
Rakurai wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:18 pm Compilation of UM1 dialogue for the arcade. UM2 is up next. I will cover both the Prison Planet and the Demigra Assault arcs whenever appropriate. It might take me some time but I hope to get caught up to the latest mission sometime within the next couple of months.

Document link here.
Finished UM2. Will work on UM3 sometime in the following few weeks, maybe earlier if possible.
Thanks for doing this for everyone.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:34 pm

Document link here.
One mistake is that in UM2 goku’s form there is called super Saiyan Berserk as seen on his official card not ssj2 https://imgur.com/gallery/MVcmOh4

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:57 pm

Well, while it does have its own name, it is essentially as Rakurai put it: A corrupted Super Saiyan 2. Not actually a mistake there.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:30 pm

Rakurai wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:19 pm

Document link here.
Thank you so much for this!

So, Goku Xeno also just vanished on the game, uh?

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:18 am

Grimlock wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:57 pm Well, while it does have its own name, it is essentially as Rakurai put it: A corrupted Super Saiyan 2. Not actually a mistake there.
In the anime contuity yeah, but arcade and manga that’s not true at all. In game base goku activates this form while being exposed to the evil saiyan’s Ki, in the manga Goku is super Saiyan blue and activates this form from being exposed to the evil saiyan’s ki, And last we have the anime we’re SSJ2 Goku rushes Cumber touches his evil ki and becomes a corrupted like ssj2(but again anime only so you can’t apply this for all heroes continuities

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:49 am

S3 Hendrix wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:18 am
Grimlock wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:57 pm Well, while it does have its own name, it is essentially as Rakurai put it: A corrupted Super Saiyan 2. Not actually a mistake there.
In the anime contuity yeah, but arcade and manga that’s not true at all. In game base goku activates this form while being exposed to the evil saiyan’s Ki, in the manga Goku is super Saiyan blue and activates this form from being exposed to the evil saiyan’s ki, And last we have the anime we’re SSJ2 Goku rushes Cumber touches his evil ki and becomes a corrupted like ssj2(but again anime only so you can’t apply this for all heroes continuities
Feels like a weird thing to get nitpicky about. It's clearly Super Saiyan 2 anyhow. It's SS2 hair but with berserker eyes.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:21 am

Dragon Wukong wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:49 am
Feels like a weird thing to get nitpicky about. It's clearly Super Saiyan 2 anyhow. It's SS2 hair but with berserker eyes.
Well considering the form was literally called Super Saiyan • Berserk it should be clear that it’s not just ssj2

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:52 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:34 pm

Document link here.
One mistake is that in UM2 goku’s form there is called super Saiyan Berserk as seen on his official card not ssj2 https://imgur.com/gallery/MVcmOh4
Thanks for pointing that out. The link doesn't work but I found the card elsewhere so it's all good. I'll make that correction later today.
The dialogue actually makes it seem as if Goku was already a SSJ2 when Cumber's ki started corrupting him. It's not that Cumber's ki forced him to go SSJ2. Goku just happened to go "Berserk" as a SSJ2.