"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MisteryOne » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:10 pm

Wilderness wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:55 pm
Xeogran wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:36 am When are we getting the new Janemba reveal? V-Jump or any early stream?

Was there actually confirmation there’s a new form? All we know is that Dr. W gave Janemba the power from SSJ4 Goku and Vegeta.

Though please correct me if I’m wrong - which I hope I am!
I think it has been said it's a "new" Janemba, not specifically a new form. But I agree, imho honestly they better give him a new look in some way. If they are going to keep bringing back old villains, at least give them something different.

I hope the returning demons (Putine, Salsa, Gravy and whoever else is coming back, I guess Shroom) are not enemies too, otherwise we really will have a lot of them.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:18 pm

I find funny how SDBH shows that the idea of Japan hating GT is an invention from the western fanbase. They keep bringing elements from it in relevant roles and doing those lovely homages in-game.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:27 pm

Noah wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:39 pmReally enjoyed that one!
Yeah. I wouldn't mind if they start this trend to make old characters a SEC if they remake epic/iconic scenes. So far, there are only Majin Vegeta's explosion, Super Saiyan 2 Gohan's transformation, Super Saiyan 1234 Goku's Kamehameha (also from the opening) and that one. I'd like to see Bardock's rebellion remade. It would be amazing to see him flying through many soldiers and then firing his Final Spirit Cannon (Dragon Ball Super Broly version if possible) on whoever he's facing.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:45 pm

MisteryOne wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:10 pm
Wilderness wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:55 pm
Xeogran wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:36 am When are we getting the new Janemba reveal? V-Jump or any early stream?

Was there actually confirmation there’s a new form? All we know is that Dr. W gave Janemba the power from SSJ4 Goku and Vegeta.

Though please correct me if I’m wrong - which I hope I am!
I think it has been said it's a "new" Janemba, not specifically a new form. But I agree, imho honestly they better give him a new look in some way. If they are going to keep bringing back old villains, at least give them something different.

I hope the returning demons (Putine, Salsa, Gravy and whoever else is coming back, I guess Shroom) are not enemies too, otherwise we really will have a lot of them.
They already did him good last time with the Dark Dragon Balls so i'm not sure what else can be done with him other than use his goofy fat first form which i hope for god's sake is not the case but at the same time Heroes hasn't really gone crazy with a new villian look or form in a very very long time so i would rather not see him back at all rather than be dissapointed with whatever they come up with.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:36 pm

Man, it is like crazy DBAF fanfic, but really, DB Heroes is what Xenoverse should have been in the first place, storywise.
Introducing new arcs that would branch of the changed history.

I am fan of SSJ4 Gohan, as I thought as a kid that GT was cut short and was shanghaied by those good looking fakes at the time...
But tough I kinda like Mechikabura as old man and the Heroes building on the Demigra story, his other forms are like really bad fanfic.
Also, I liked how Hearts is the opposite of Zamasu, as he is mortal fighting against the benevolent gods, which is something like straight out of Greek mythology or Saint Seiya. Tough I would really liked if they made the designs more thought out and better, getting inspired by Toriyama, like TOEI did with the Shadow Dragons designs, that do not alienate me as they look like something coming out of Dragon Quest franchise. And I really, really don't like SSJ God Trunks, that is bad on so many levels.

But I get it, it is for kids in Japan, so it has this Japanese coolness factor around it, to sell cards for kids...
It is like the over the top comic book covers in the 90s, that people despise nowadays, but back then it was hardcore and cool.

Funny thing is, looking at the DB Heroes story, I had this idea for a fanfic loooong time ago and I wrote about it on this forum years back in Fan section... It was basically about the filler character Shura from Dragon Ball, that was the demon realm king, but Dabura turned him to stone and ruled instead of him, until he is defeated by Buu. Shura returns with King Vegeta, Raditz and other henchmen and they all wear exosuits (not dissimiliar to the masks that King Vegeta and Bardock wear in Heroes and XV2), so nobody recognizes them before destroying the suits or the character revealing themselves.
So I see that I wasn't the only one with simmilar idea, and interestingly enough, I have learned that this arc in Heroes was actually meant to play out in DB Online. So it is pretty old!
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

ShadowVezon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ShadowVezon » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:14 am

The website just updated with information for BM3, all the 1-3 star cards are up, as well as a banner showing the new forms for Janemba, Xeno Goku and Xeno Vegeta.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:18 am

ShadowVezon wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:14 am The website just updated with information for BM3, all the 1-3 star cards are up, as well as a banner showing the new forms for Janemba, Xeno Goku and Xeno Vegeta.

Wowowowowoowowowowowowo

I'm mega hyped! What IS That?!

What SS4 is that? Janemba looking dope. Damn, heck yeah! New SS4?!
P O W E R

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:29 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:26 am Is it ssj4 God?
Was wondering the same thing! With God Trunks Xeno being a thing perhaps?

I wonder through what means they will achieve the form however.

And here I thought it would be maximum kaio Ken SS4 or ultra full power.
P O W E R

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:36 am

[Edited to avoid confusion] It does look like the closest thing we may get to a God SS4. I know a good portion of the fandom will love it. Hell, my child self would be beyond hyped. Janemba also looks kinda cool too, but I think I prefer the vanilla design.
Last edited by MisteryOne on Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:57 am

MisteryOne wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:36 am They did it! God SS4!
Jumping to conclusions with such force that you could be an Olympic athlete. :? Wait until they actually confirm it before going around saying things like this, maybe?
I'm not saying that you're necessarily wrong, but I looked through the website and found zero mention of this having anything to do with SSG or god powers. I did find this, though:

Text:
新たなる超戦士がここに爆誕!
限界を超えた力で強敵を打ち砕け!!

Google Translate (with a little bit of editing by me but still mostly machine translated):
New super warriors are born here!
Crush strong enemies with power that exceeds the limit!!

Don't be too surprised if this is really just Goku and Vegeta using Gogeta's version of SS4.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:03 am

Alruneia wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:57 am
MisteryOne wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:36 am They did it! God SS4!
Jumping to conclusions with such force that you could be an Olympic athlete. :? Wait until they actually confirm it before going around saying things like this, maybe?
I'm not saying that you're necessarily wrong, but I looked through the website and found zero mention of this having anything to do with SSG or god powers. I did find this, though:

Text:
新たなる超戦士がここに爆誕!
限界を超えた力で強敵を打ち砕け!!

Google Translate (with a little bit of editing by me but still mostly machine translated):
New super warriors are born here!
Crush strong enemies with power that exceeds the limit!!

Don't be too surprised if this is really just Goku and Vegeta using Gogeta's version of SS4.
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't actually mean that they are a godly version of SS4 (as I said before that would make the CCs redundant) but I was just talking about the design. I suppose people could interpret it in a wrong way tho...

They said they were Limit-breaking forms so my guess if that they will be similar in concept to Blue Evolution. Just a power-up of some type not even "anniversary-worthy"

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:34 am

MisteryOne wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:03 am
Alruneia wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:57 am <snip>
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't actually mean that they are a godly version of SS4 (as I said before that would make the CCs redundant) but I was just talking about the design. I suppose people could interpret it in a wrong way tho...
Ohh, okay. Sorry for going off like that, then. (That's definitely not the impression I got.) It's just that I'm already seeing plenty of actual "wow, it's SSGod4" posts going around elsewhere, so at the least I'd like to avoid that here.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:45 am

Alruneia wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:34 am
MisteryOne wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:03 am
Alruneia wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:57 am <snip>
Ohh, okay. Sorry for going off like that, then. (That's definitely not the impression I got.) It's just that I'm already seeing plenty of actual "wow, it's SSGod4" posts going around elsewhere, so at the least I'd like to avoid that here.
No no, it's okay. I have been enough time on this fandom to know about how quickly misinformation spreads around, I should have know better. I'm really sorry :silent:

Either way, in order to not stay too out-topic... I find it interesting that both Goku and Vegeta get the form. I doubt it has a very complex method of obtaining it as I said, but if it truly is just an evolved SS4...it will be a matter of time before characters like Broly get it too lol Best case scenario it could somehow explain Gogeta's hair but I doubt it

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:24 am

According to DBHype, it's being called Limit Breaker Ssj4. It's essentially Ssj4's version of blue evolution or the grade forms, as in it's not a completely new form but rather an upgrade.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:45 am

Yeah, looking closer they don't have the red pupils from SSG and the hair is a perfect match for Gogeta's. Is going to be very interesting if Heroes finally explains why Gogeta has red hair in SSJ4.

Another interesting thing is that if this is an upgrade for SSJ4, it means that V4 can be even stronger than Gogeta GT.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:03 am

It's kinda funny, SSB Gogeta has darker blue hair like Vegeta's SSBE, and now this "Super Saiyan 4 Evolved" has red hair like SS4 Gogeta.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:24 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:45 am Yeah, looking closer they don't have the red pupils from SSG and the hair is a perfect match for Gogeta's. Is going to be very interesting if Heroes finally explains why Gogeta has red hair in SSJ4.

Another interesting thing is that if this is an upgrade for SSJ4, it means that V4 can be even stronger than Gogeta GT.
I mean Xeno Gogeta did get SS4 KK, so perhaps V4 can get Limit Breaker
P O W E R

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:50 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:45 amIs going to be very interesting if Heroes finally explains why Gogeta has red hair in SSJ4.
If this is indeed an upgraded Ssj4, then the explanation will be that Gogeta was fighting using this form, rather than the base Ssj4 that has Black hair, such as Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, and Vegetto's.