"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by VegettoEX » Fri May 04, 2018 8:24 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:Is this series available in digital format at all? If I've searched around a bit but none of the big distributors seem to have the series available for purchase.
No, unfortunately both Dark Demon Realm Mission collected volumes have been released print-only. It's a little strange, considering they've even moved the Dragon Ball Super digital release up to day-and-date with the print edition, and Dragon Ball SD also gets a simultaneous print/digital release.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri May 04, 2018 8:57 am

Sandubadear wrote:But it established that it isn't a transformation unique to Freeza, so it's natural that they're giving the transformation to other anime characters.
I don't know if we could use avatars to establish anything (well, except in Dragon Ball Online, as everything there is within the manga context), again, they are the characters the players control and they will get anything to please the players, it's a more out-universe issue with them rather than in-universe.
AnimeNation101 wrote:Cooler’s transformation is an actual upgrade like ssj or golden that gives you more power than your base unlike Freeza’s forms.
I don't know where you heard that but you got your statement without an official source. I assume Cooler's fifth form to be a form Cooler created because this is the logical thought to be made here, unless of course his fifth form is actually a power-up he didn't create, but for this, we need to have an evidence.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri May 04, 2018 11:23 am

VegettoEX wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:Is this series available in digital format at all? If I've searched around a bit but none of the big distributors seem to have the series available for purchase.
No, unfortunately both Dark Demon Realm Mission collected volumes have been released print-only. It's a little strange, considering they've even moved the Dragon Ball Super digital release up to day-and-date with the print edition, and Dragon Ball SD also gets a simultaneous print/digital release.
Yeah it's a shame, I'm sure they could get interest internationally in the manga, and even the game as well.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri May 04, 2018 1:28 pm

Gt91 wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
Majin Demigra wrote:Now all we need are Ssj Bulla and Pan
Oops I forgot about these two and also why not having Marron being a fighter too.

So I'll add to my previous list this:
  1. Bra and all her Super Saiyan transformation including SSJ4 and the Legendary forms
  2. Pan and all her Super Saiyan transformation including SSJ4 and the Legendary forms
  3. Marron
  4. Super Android 18 (to Mirror a Super Android 17 from GT)
Almighty Majin wrote:
YES! The Piccolo fusion with Piccolo Daimao what-if from Supersonic Warriors was probably my favorite what-if from that game! I really hope we get that again.

Ozotto is a good possibility as well. He has a really cool design and an interesting power set in his game.
I know right and I think there is others what if that can be interesting IMO.

Super android 18 is here https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/dra ... -prefix=es
Except thats 17 after absorbing 18

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri May 04, 2018 3:57 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Pity. Oh well, guess I'll keep waiting and see if something happens eventually!

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Fri May 04, 2018 7:07 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:So I'll add to my previous list this:
  1. Bra and all her Super Saiyan transformation including SSJ4 and the Legendary forms
  2. Pan and all her Super Saiyan transformation including SSJ4 and the Legendary forms
  3. Marron
Er, how about we start by hoping for SS1 GT Pan? Because while I'd like to see plenty of Bulla and Pan in Heroes, instead of the current... nothing, there's no reason to expect anything even close. Pan has a few cards, but hasn't gotten anything "new" or "special", while Bulla and Marron aren't in the game at all. Honestly, I think Heroes would have to "re-invent" the next generation over a whole set of missions in order to properly do something like this, so the chances are astronomical.
[spoiler]Reality aside, I'd love to see the next generation get some attention. It's really been lacking. I've been thinking out a "Pan: Xeno" design, myself, since it's the easiest end to start in, though I'm too busy to draw it at the moment. I'm imagining that she'd be the first one they'd introduce, and then they'd expand the list from there, into Bulla, Uub and perhaps even Marron.[/spoiler]
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat May 05, 2018 1:12 pm

Alruneia wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:So I'll add to my previous list this:
  3. Marron
Er, how about we start by hoping for SS1 GT Pan? Because while I'd like to see plenty of Bulla and Pan in Heroes, instead of the current... nothing, there's no reason to expect anything even close. Pan has a few cards, but hasn't gotten anything "new" or "special", while Bulla and Marron aren't in the game at all. Honestly, I think Heroes would have to "re-invent" the next generation over a whole set of missions in order to properly do something like this, so the chances are astronomical.
[spoiler]Reality aside, I'd love to see the next generation get some attention. It's really been lacking. I've been thinking out a "Pan: Xeno" design, myself, since it's the easiest end to start in, though I'm too busy to draw it at the moment. I'm imagining that she'd be the first one they'd introduce, and then they'd expand the list from there, into Bulla, Uub and perhaps even Marron.[/spoiler]
Bra, Paragus, Bardocks team and Pan all need a form

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun May 06, 2018 9:12 am

The fact that Pan has never gotten anything despite regularly being used for various pieces of Dragon Ball marketing and GT having a sizable presence in Heroes always made me feel like they are just waiting on Toriyama's version of the character to get Super Saiyan.
They've even shied away from giving GT Trunks and GT Goten anything, even though GT Goten got a Xeno version. If feels like they aren't entirely sure where Toriyama is going so they don't want to step on any feet. That's just how it feels to me anyways, I could be totally wrong.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sun May 06, 2018 10:57 am

ArchedThunder wrote:The fact that Pan has never gotten anything despite regularly being used for various pieces of Dragon Ball marketing and GT having a sizable presence in Heroes always made me feel like they are just waiting on Toriyama's version of the character to get Super Saiyan.
They've even shied away from giving GT Trunks and GT Goten anything, even though GT Goten got a Xeno version. If feels like they aren't entirely sure where Toriyama is going so they don't want to step on any feet. That's just how it feels to me anyways, I could be totally wrong.
They gave trunks GT ssj3 so I’d say goten GT and goten xeno are the only ones not getting any love goten gt only has ssj and his xeno counterpart doesn’t have any forms at all(even though he did go ssj in the 10th chapter of Dark Demon Realm mission) but it seems heroes doesn’t have much they really want to do with goten, he did get a lot of love in the Ultimate Mission X story with goten xeno accompanying you for a majority of the time rifts but other than that goten hasn’t had much going on for him in heroes

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Sun May 06, 2018 6:59 pm

Forreal, is there any proof that King Vegeta: Xeno defeated Beerus or it's just a hoax?
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun May 06, 2018 7:22 pm

First thing I took pictures of when I picked up the volume at Kinokuniya earlier today. Sad they didn't have the first volume too, so I'm still going to have to import that in the near future.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun May 06, 2018 8:05 pm

What the hell is happening there? :o Damn, I can't wait to see the full chapter!
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon May 07, 2018 1:27 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:First thing I took pictures of when I picked up the volume at Kinokuniya earlier today. Sad they didn't have the first volume too, so I'm still going to have to import that in the near future.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
this is so cool, I wish we could get an OVA of this

let me guess, Paragus just watches as always XD

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon May 07, 2018 1:34 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:let me guess, Paragus just watches as always XD
Paragus gets his ass kicked before Bardock intervenes. He then steps in to help Bardock after a while by stabbing the distracted king in the side (with a similar knife to the one Broli was stabbed with as a child). King Vegeta doesn't really care though, and blasts him into oblivion to get back to fighting Bardock.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Mon May 07, 2018 7:36 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Paragus gets his ass kicked before Bardock intervenes. He then steps in to help Bardock after a while by stabbing the distracted king in the side (with a similar knife to the one Broli was stabbed with as a child). King Vegeta doesn't really care though, and blasts him into oblivion to get back to fighting Bardock.
lol it seems like in the game’s story the attack from behinde by Paragus was more effective, the game’s story and the manga’s adaptation of it are pretty different in some spots but it’s usually good changes

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Mon May 07, 2018 8:30 am

New Goku cards for Goku Day one is Goku Blue that knows hakai the other is Goku Xeno ssj that has god kamehameha that transforms him to ssj4 https://imgur.com/gallery/VDLTLBS

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Mon May 07, 2018 10:26 am

S3 Hendrix wrote:New Goku cards for Goku Day one is Goku Blue that knows hakai the other is Goku Xeno ssj that has god kamehameha that transforms him to ssj4 https://imgur.com/gallery/VDLTLBS
Hakai Goku in a game. FINALLY. OH MY GOD YES.

Interesting how the art seems to be going with the anime depiction ala Toppo's Hakai balls. I hope the whole "reduced to sand" gets depicted at some point.
Last edited by Dragon Wukong on Mon May 07, 2018 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon May 07, 2018 10:50 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Do we have a clear winner of the fight?

Also is there any elaboration on what the new king vegeta form is or what he and Bardock talk about?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon May 07, 2018 4:53 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:Do we have a clear winner of the fight?

Also is there any elaboration on what the new king vegeta form is or what he and Bardock talk about?
I believe Bardock wins in the game version of this content. Probably the same here, but the final page of the new chapter doesn't reveal it. Just ends in a beam clash explosion that envelops the two of them and the location they were fighting at.

The rest of that question is beyond me. You need someone who can actually read it.

BTW, SECs are apparently Golden Coola, Evil Saiyan and Ultra Instinct Son Goku.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Mon May 07, 2018 6:40 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:Also is there any elaboration on what the new king vegeta form is or what he and Bardock talk about?
King Vegeeta wants to go back in time to get back at Freeza and Beers. Burdock is no match but is going to use the power of the mask to overpower him.