"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:38 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:44 pm Wait so the hooded man is someone different than Black?
Yeah, there's the Hooded Man (unknown) and the Red Masked Saiyan (Black)
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:37 pm

Hey guys ! I wanted to ask something, has Goku ever had any interactions with Bardock in the arcade game?

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:02 am

Just some confirmation that Warrior in Black's voice is indeed Nozawa: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yhdl5Wl1 ... TAKORI- Really disappointing if you ask me, but I will wait to see the whole deal like why he is hiding his identity and why Hearts can't read his mind beyond plot requirements.

So... I guess it may be Bardock or some type of new edgy Gohan? The scars -and lack of them- do not match, and the serious eyes do not match any Gohan but Ultimate... but who knows. We don't know what happened to Bardock after fighting Broly after all.

Speaking of Broly, the arcade shows that Goku does not recognize him in LSS form. That's...beyond bizarre honestly.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:11 am

All this talk of easily confusable masked guys and hooded guys, it reminds me of a certain classic YouTube horrorshow...

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:49 am

LoganForkHands73 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:11 am *unrelated spam*
Thank you for such an insightful post. I'm so grateful to have been emailed about this. Not a waste of anyone's time at all.
I miss when this forum's rules were actually enforced.

Anyway, I'm confused, is there one or two obscure characters? There's masked not-Goku and a hooded guy?

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:01 am

DNA wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:49 am
Thank you for such an insightful post. I'm so grateful to have been emailed about this. Not a waste of anyone's time at all.

Anyway, I'm confused, is there one or two obscure characters? There's masked not-Goku and a hooded guy?
Yes, there are two mysterious saiyans:

https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Crim ... ked_Saiyan

This is the Masked Saiyan whom people think is Goku Black, due to his very elegant and black-coloured outfit, and pink light emanating from his eye.

https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Warrior_in_Black

This is the other guy, the Warrior in Black, whom frankly I have no clue who might be.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:57 am

DNA wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:49 am

Woah, why so hostile? What rules did I break?

I feel that having two mysterious obscured characters introduced in the same arc felt strangely similar to Marble Hornets. It was just a quick joke. Sorry if it wasn't to your taste.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:34 pm

Yeah, that was extremely unnecessary. I had no idea what they were talking about, so I just moved along; instead of making a more-spirit-of-the-rules-breaking post than the one you were responding to in the first place, I would recommend doing the same in the future, and perhaps using the “report post” built-in functionality if you truly believe it to be a blight upon humanity.

Contrary to what everyone seems to think lately, holy cheese balls you’re allowed to have fun and make references to things.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:54 pm

There used to be a rule about keeping things on-topic and not shit posting. Also, from my experience, the report button seems to be broken, since I've used it many times in the past and nothing happened.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:13 pm

It was completely innocuous and related to the topic being discussed. Please chillax.

(You generally never receive personal notification about any action taken or not taken on reports.)

At this point, you’re the one who’s brought this to a grinding halt. Please please please just carry on. This is all so completely unnecessary.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:36 pm

MisteryOne wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:02 am Speaking of Broly, the arcade shows that Goku does not recognize him in LSS form. That's...beyond bizarre honestly.
Not really, this is the Goku from Super and as previous missions have shown, they have no idea from most movie villains. The ones that could recognize him are the Xeno versions. I am more curious as to why Broly is just using his LSS form when he should have access to SSJ4 Limit Breaker.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:41 pm

It is a Goku from after Dragon Ball Super Broly, though. I know he's dumb as hell, but he should've at least made a reference or a nod to the other Broly. Anyway, I wouldn't say it's "beyond bizarre", just a weird choice from Dimps part.

Hoping Warrior in Black turns out to be future Gohan. It's high time that man got involved in one of these storylines.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:11 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:36 pm
MisteryOne wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:02 am Speaking of Broly, the arcade shows that Goku does not recognize him in LSS form. That's...beyond bizarre honestly.
Not really, this is the Goku from Super and as previous missions have shown, they have no idea from most movie villains. The ones that could recognize him are the Xeno versions. I am more curious as to why Broly is just using his LSS form when he should have access to SSJ4 Limit Breaker.
He still met Super Broly and Kale tho. Not to mention having fought this Broly himself as Vegetto Blue. How can he not realize who he is, or at least mention the other Broly-likes? It is not like he looks drastically different or anything.

Also, the CCs can't be exactly the ones from Super as they have recognized Turles, Bojack and in some continuities even Final Form Cooler and Janemba of all people. They don't seem to make up their minds about then, really. Not a huge deal but it is still so weird to me. Maybe they realized all the arcs contradict current manga content anyways so they just don't care that much and we shouldn't either.

Agreed about Broly's form tho. He going away is completely out of "character" as well, but they are just probably just saving him for a Cumber match or something.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:24 am

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:35 am

Gt91 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:24 am Cumber is back!
Is that SS3FP Cumber with Evil energy Turles (or whatever they call it) vs Blue Evo Vegeta? That's a battle I wanted to see a long time now!
P O W E R

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:13 pm

Gt91 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:24 am Cumber is back!
I wonder what are they gonna do with Cumber, natural progression would say SS4 but it's not that time of the year yet and who even knows at this point if they feel like continuing with that anyway, i guess they will end up sticking one of those dark dragon balls to him and maybe Turles (again) while they are at it, hope he can at least transform into Super Saiyan this time otherwise it would be a exact repeat of what they did years ago, not that they would care anyways but i'm rooting for him.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:13 am

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:18 pm

Hmm, pretty curious as to why Cumber did not get a slighly new design when most characters did. I wonder when Cell will show up, I want to know how he got involved in all this.

Anyways, I have a somehow random question that may fit this thread. Is there any list of what characters got updated models on Big Bang Mission? Excluding the brand new characters/outfits and the SECs, I have no idea if anyone else got them.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:47 pm

MisteryOne wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:11 pm
He still met Super Broly and Kale tho. Not to mention having fought this Broly himself as Vegetto Blue. How can he not realize who he is, or at least mention the other Broly-likes? It is not like he looks drastically different or anything.

Also, the CCs can't be exactly the ones from Super as they have recognized Turles, Bojack and in some continuities even Final Form Cooler and Janemba of all people. They don't seem to make up their minds about then, really. Not a huge deal but it is still so weird to me. Maybe they realized all the arcs contradict current manga content anyways so they just don't care that much and we shouldn't either.

Agreed about Broly's form tho. He going away is completely out of "character" as well, but they are just probably just saving him for a Cumber match or something.
People keep saying the CC's can't be canon because filler.
Obviously out of universe we know that Toriyama didn't pen the movies and stuff.
But this is bugging me.

However we don't see every second of the characters lives, there's massive time skips, there's nothing to say a jerk named Bojack attacked earth and was gibbed by Gohan.

Obviously these movies contradict canon, like Trunks not visiting again before super, however them recognising Bojack does not mean Bojacks "unseen canon version of his visit" had to include Trunks like the inherent non canon movie version did.

Secondly Can anyone make a list of differences like that between
Anime
Manga
Arcade.

Who recognises who in each version?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:08 pm

TobyS wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:47 pm
MisteryOne wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:11 pm

People keep saying the CC's can't be canon because filler.
Obviously out of universe we know that Toriyama didn't pen the movies and stuff.
But this is bugging me.

However we don't see every second of the characters lives, there's massive time skips, there's nothing to say a jerk named Bojack attacked earth and was gibbed by Gohan.

Obviously these movies contradict canon, like Trunks not visiting again before super, however them recognising Bojack does not mean Bojacks "unseen canon version of his visit" had to include Trunks like the inherent non canon movie version did.

Secondly Can anyone make a list of differences like that between
Anime
Manga
Arcade.

Who recognises who in each version?
I mean sure, you can go out of your way to headcanon alternate versions of the movies into the main story like people used to do with the old movies, but that doesn't change the fact that Goku specifically stated he never used UI between the ToP and his fight with Moro- thus making it impossible for any Heroes stuff to be "canon" anyways. But even without that it's putting way more thought into it that the own creators are doing imho. You need to somehow fit a version of Cooler's first movie where Vegeta is on Earth to see his transformation, a version of Fusion Reborn without any actual Gogeta/Veku fusion but with Janemba anyways, a version of Tree of Might that manages to fit in the manga continuity... Too much work for me but again, to each their own.

As far as I know the only big differences are that they do not recognize Janemba in the promo anime (which makes sense cause Gogeta debuting in DBS Broly) while they do in the manga, and in the last arcade mission Goku implies to not be familiar with Cooler (《...Frieza and that Coola guy...》), contrary to Vegeta weirdly recognizing Firth Form Cooler on the Prison Planet. Bojack and Turles are always recognized by Vegeta and Goku respectively (while they could know about Bojack be ause he was in Prison Planet, it's also mentioned he wants revenge on Gohan so yeah). I don't remember if Goku and Vegeta ever fight Hatchiyack in the arcade so I dando if they recognize him or not.