"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:37 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:I'm wondering if the 'evil saiyan' name now is meant to associate Kanba with the 'evil saiyans' yamoshi fought...
Now that would be interesting thing to add to the DB lore and to the upcoming movie instead of Broly again.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:43 am

Noah wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:I'm wondering if the 'evil saiyan' name now is meant to associate Kanba with the 'evil saiyans' yamoshi fought...
Now that would be interesting thing to add to the DB lore and to the upcoming movie instead of Broly again.
I'm feeling that's how he's going to relate, given his alleged reaction to super saiyan god goku in the manga. If he's seen the form and his next form up is a giant ape, that matches the flashback images of Yamoshi fighting evil oozaru

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:54 am

S3 Hendrix wrote:
Cipher wrote:It is Kaio-Ken. Sorry. They did this weird thing where they wrote Kaio-Ken out in kanji and wrote "serious" next to it in furigana. I completely missed that on first pass.

As we know Hachihyack shows up in this story and the inclusion of the black smoke is an odd detail, it's also highly likely the four characters at the end of the chapter are Ghost Warriors, even if there's nothing to explicitly confirm it this issue.
One thing to help confirm it’s the destrongas and that they are ghost warriors is the fact the cooler has already killed Bojack but yet he shows up from the smoke.
I'm hoping turles shows a new form, even as a ghost warrior

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:37 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
S3 Hendrix wrote:
Cipher wrote:It is Kaio-Ken. Sorry. They did this weird thing where they wrote Kaio-Ken out in kanji and wrote "serious" next to it in furigana. I completely missed that on first pass.

As we know Hachihyack shows up in this story and the inclusion of the black smoke is an odd detail, it's also highly likely the four characters at the end of the chapter are Ghost Warriors, even if there's nothing to explicitly confirm it this issue.
One thing to help confirm it’s the destrongas and that they are ghost warriors is the fact the cooler has already killed Bojack but yet he shows up from the smoke.
I'm hoping turles shows a new form, even as a ghost warrior
I agree. A ssj form or something else.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:10 am

Kanba as well as Shallot from Legends are link to some extent to the next DB movie it's 100% sure.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:42 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Noah wrote:
I'm feeling that's how he's going to relate, given his alleged reaction to super saiyan god goku in the manga. If he's seen the form and his next form up is a giant ape, that matches the flashback images of Yamoshi fighting evil oozaru
I’m gonna stop talking about yamoshi after this cause the mods are probably getting mad, but if you watch BOG again and get to the part where Shenron talks about yamoshi it shows him fighting an oozaru while he’s in SSJGod and he hits the oozaru right on the cheek where Cumber has the scar

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:27 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:Kanba as well as Shallot from Legends are link to some extent to the next DB movie it's 100% sure.
How do we know this?

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:46 am

S3 Hendrix wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Noah wrote:
I’m gonna stop talking about yamoshi after this cause the mods are probably getting mad, but if you watch BOG again and get to the part where Shenron talks about yamoshi it shows him fighting an oozaru while he’s in SSJGod and he hits the oozaru right on the cheek where Cumber has the scar
Yeah that's what referenced in the post you quoted :)

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:07 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:Kanba as well as Shallot from Legends are link to some extent to the next DB movie it's 100% sure.
How do we know this?
For Shallot it's from the producer of the Legends game he said that the game will have a connection to the movie, as for Kanba it's just an hunch from my part.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:09 am

S3 Hendrix wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Noah wrote:
A punch doesn’t cause a scar. Also, the B.o.G movie legend is kinda irrelevant as it’s been retconned by Toriyama’s interview.

For one, in the movie, the battle took place on Planet Vegeta. Thats not the case anymore. And for another, Yamoshi never actually goes SSGod while fight but me and some others think that technically Yamoshi could be considered a SSG by being the actual spirit of the form since his spirit is what made the possiblilky of the form SSGod possible through a ritual.

And we know that the legend in the movie was talking about Yamoshi because thats what Toriyama said. So yeah. Everything has been kinda clouded by retconns, contradictions, etc.

So bottom line, it depends on what continuity Heroes is going with. But i really wonder if its a good idea to have Heroes add to that lore like that.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:40 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
S3 Hendrix wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
A punch doesn’t cause a scar. Also, the B.o.G movie legend is kinda irrelevant as it’s been retconned by Toriyama’s interview.

For one, in the movie, the battle took place on Planet Vegeta. Thats not the case anymore. And for another, Yamoshi never actually goes SSGod while fight but me and some others think that technically Yamoshi could be considered a SSG by being the actual spirit of the form since his spirit is what made the possiblilky of the form SSGod possible through a ritual.

And we know that the legend in the movie was talking about Yamoshi because thats what Toriyama said. So yeah. Everything has been kinda clouded by retconns, contradictions, etc.

So bottom line, it depends on what continuity Heroes is going with. But i really wonder if its a good idea to have Heroes add to that lore like that.
The whole Yamoshi legend and SSG are now confusing. I had accepted that Yamoshi turned into a Super Saiyan, was outnumbered, and defeated. He had 5 friends. His spirit wandered in search of a new warrior - the SSG.

However, now with SDBH, it seems like Cumber has seen the "red-haired" Super Saiyan or SSG before. Given that Cumber is an ancient saiyan, he lived on Sadala. So I'm confused now because Yamoshi can't be the original super saiyan and the original SSG. The movie is not even going to touch this topic so we won't have an explanation until Toriyama tells us.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:05 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:However, now with SDBH, it seems like Cumber has seen the "red-haired" Super Saiyan or SSG before. Given that Cumber is an ancient saiyan, he lived on Sadala. So I'm confused now because Yamoshi can't be the original super saiyan and the original SSG. The movie is not even going to touch this topic so we won't have an explanation until Toriyama tells us.
Where do you get this information that Kanba/Cumber is from Sadara ? :shock:

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:44 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
shadowfox87 wrote:However, now with SDBH, it seems like Cumber has seen the "red-haired" Super Saiyan or SSG before. Given that Cumber is an ancient saiyan, he lived on Sadala. So I'm confused now because Yamoshi can't be the original super saiyan and the original SSG. The movie is not even going to touch this topic so we won't have an explanation until Toriyama tells us.
Well, it was never stated that he was from Sadala but one of his techniques is “ancient evil saiyan”. That means he’s an ancient saiyan. Now, most of the time, ancient saiyan makes people think that they mean saiyans from Sadala
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:56 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
Well, it was never stated that he was from Sadala but one of his techniques is “ancient evil saiyan”. That means he’s an ancient saiyan. Now, most of the time, ancient saiyan makes people think that they mean saiyans from Sadala
Cumber is an ancient saiyan. He's obviously not from Planet Vegeta. The ancient saiyans have the unique ability that their pupils are still there even after turning into a Super Saiyan. When Shallot turns into a Super Saiyan later, we'll see that.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:12 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
Cumber is an ancient saiyan. He's obviously not from Planet Vegeta. The ancient saiyans have the unique ability that their pupils are still there even after turning into a Super Saiyan. When Shallot turns into a Super Saiyan later, we'll see that.
That has never been say or shown. You’re only basing that assumption off of Cumber and Cumber happens to be the only ancient saiyan that we’ve seen go SSJ. It could literally be anything else like a stylistic choice or design error. It could even just be that since his base form eyes are weird, his ssj eyes would also be weird.

Saying that all ancient saiyans have pupils with their ssj eyes is on the level of a headcanon at this point

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:23 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
Ah that makes sense if one of his techniques is “ancient evil saiyan” so he could be a Saiyan from the early days of Plant/Vegeta Saiyan or from Sadara.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:33 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
Ah that makes sense if one of his techniques is “ancient evil saiyan” so he could be a Saiyan from the early days of Plant/Vegeta Saiyan or from Sadara.
This is enough evidence for me: https://twitter.com/DBReduxTDC/status/1 ... 4343705601

And for the pupils part, yea it's just an assumption so far. I need Shallot to turn Super Saiyan, however at the end of the DB Legends trailer, you see his eyes turn and he still has his pupils.

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:45 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: A punch doesn’t cause a scar. Also, the B.o.G movie legend is kinda irrelevant as it’s been retconned by Toriyama’s interview.

I already showed you that that was false and pure invention of yours ^^ And like the whole Toriyama interview, it worked 100% with the version of the legend shown in BoG. But I will answer everything else on this topic you created: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42491&start=20

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:46 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Well, it was never stated that he was from Sadala but one of his techniques is “ancient evil saiyan”. That means he’s an ancient saiyan. Now, most of the time, ancient saiyan makes people think that they mean saiyans from Sadala
This is enough evidence for me: https://twitter.com/DBReduxTDC/status/1 ... 4343705601

And for the pupils part, yea it's just an assumption so far. I need Shallot to turn Super Saiyan, however at the end of the DB Legends trailer, you see his eyes turn and he still has his pupils.
We have Broly who has those ssj4 eyes in his Angry form. We have Shallot who has those same eyes at the end of the opening cinematic and now we have Cumber. I wish it was all connected

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:48 pm

HECTOR4 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: A punch doesn’t cause a scar. Also, the B.o.G movie legend is kinda irrelevant as it’s been retconned by Toriyama’s interview.

I already showed you that that was false and pure invention of yours ^^ And like the whole Toriyama interview, it worked 100% with the version of the legend shown in BoG. But I will answer everything else on this topic you created: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42491&start=20
I dont really care. At this point you just don’t agree with my evidence and claims and i don’t agree with yours. And unless Toriyama incorporates Yamoshi and ssgod lore stuff into an arc or movie, it will probabaly stay like that. So agree to disagree.