"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:20 pm

Really enjoyed the leaks (Gogeta Blue Evolution, Rosé 3 Black), too bad I got a spoiler regarding the promotional series, oh well... :roll:
Koitsukai wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:32 pm Is there a reason DBS Broly is not being part of this? There's only room for one Broly?
Cause he's just a boring full blooded Saiyan Gohan-like character? Original Broly deserves all the screen time he gets.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:17 am

Original Broly is boring as well lol.

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:25 pm

Xeno Goku Black wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:17 am Original Broly is boring as well lol.
Original Broli was never all that interesting. "Super Saiyan but bad guy" was the novelty but that wore off quickly for me. Ever since Budokai 3 he has been shoehorned awkwardly into everything and people still demand more of it.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:38 am

About Broly...
There is no way DBS Broly would be worse than that.

Anyways, to not stay too out of topic, what predictions do you have regarding Fu's fate after this arc? I doubt he will be killed, but perhaps he may lose his Dark King powers if they want to have a different villain on the next mission -which hopefully its a bit more creative as a whole than BM so far...-

And speaking of villains, I wonder if Cell will team up with Hearts or Demigra rather than going solo. We already have too many different , non-allied villains around imho
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:03 pm

Yeah, Z Broly is a one-note character as it gets. Three borings movies and a million videogame inclusions later and he still brings nothing to the table, no character progression, no motivations, not even memorable dialogues, nothing, just yelling KAKAROT and that's it. The same stuck-in-time boring mess.

I guess some characters won't appear until the anime handles them, like Moro, non-idiotic Broly, Granola... same goes for the new forms like Ultra Ego, I think.

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:37 pm

It's unfortunate that they don't give any motivations to Z Broly other than being strong and fighting. He is really protrayed as the "mindless brute", but in movie 8 he could speak properly and that is the main reason why a lot of people liked his first appearance. He lost his mind in movie 10, Bio Broly was not the same Broly and in SDBH Broly is still the same Broly as he was in movie 10. I don't know what prevents them from upgrading his character, maybe bring Paragus back and do something with his character?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:33 pm

Yeah, it's weird they are not taking more liberties with a character as boring and stagnant as Broly when it's a Toei product, I could understand them not wanting to mess with a Toriyama character, but Broly is theirs, he isn't getting any more movies, so they could just go crazy with him, bring some kind of progress for him, something to strive for, something he might want or be interested in. Besides trying to kill carrot top, of course.
They only seem to be interested in just giving him more forms such as LB SS4, like he is not capable of nothing else but mindless brawling.

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:02 pm

Too bad for Z Broly that Ultra Ego hasn't reached the anime yet. I feel that he might have got that form if it had been animated by now.

Shintoki
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shintoki » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:17 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:33 pm Yeah, it's weird they are not taking more liberties with a character as boring and stagnant as Broly when it's a Toei product, I could understand them not wanting to mess with a Toriyama character, but Broly is theirs, he isn't getting any more movies, so they could just go crazy with him, bring some kind of progress for him, something to strive for, something he might want or be interested in. Besides trying to kill carrot top, of course.
They only seem to be interested in just giving him more forms such as LB SS4, like he is not capable of nothing else but mindless brawling.
if it sales, don't change it. toei rendition of if ain't broken, don't fix it..probably

serious answer is that there will be some ramifications ig? if there are two different brolies? what about the two different bardocks? :shock:
PurestEvil wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:21 pm You could also, y'know, become a real buddhist
DragonBallFoodie wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:18 am Isn't this technically worshipping the Monkey King?

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:09 am

People have really got to stop downgrading m8 just because m10 was so bad.

M8 Broly and M10 Broly are almost two different saiyans.

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:25 am

I agree. We must know how to separate things. M8 Broly is more enjoyable and more entertaining than M10 Broly. It would be dishonest not to acknowledge the difference between M8 Broly and M10 Broly.

Shintoki
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shintoki » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:29 pm

Scientist Fu wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:25 am I agree. We must know how to separate things. M8 Broly is more enjoyable and more entertaining than M10 Broly. It would be dishonest not to acknowledge the difference between M8 Broly and M10 Broly.
^^ this 200%, to amplify your note even further. it would be the equivalent of bashing M8 broly because of the atrocious 11th movie. which I shall not name.
PurestEvil wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:21 pm You could also, y'know, become a real buddhist
DragonBallFoodie wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:18 am Isn't this technically worshipping the Monkey King?

Shintoki
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shintoki » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:31 pm

Shintoki wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:29 pm
Scientist Fu wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:25 am I agree. We must know how to separate things. M8 Broly is more enjoyable and more entertaining than M10 Broly. It would be dishonest not to acknowledge the difference between M8 Broly and M10 Broly.
^^ this 200%, to amplify your note even further. it would be the equivalent of bashing M8 broly because of the atrocious 11th movie. which I shall not name.

P.S for all intents and purposes, M8 broly is a closed story and M10 is just a sequel no one asked for

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:34 pm

Scientist Fu wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:37 pm It's unfortunate that they don't give any motivations to Z Broly other than being strong and fighting. He is really protrayed as the "mindless brute", but in movie 8 he could speak properly and that is the main reason why a lot of people liked his first appearance. He lost his mind in movie 10, Bio Broly was not the same Broly and in SDBH Broly is still the same Broly as he was in movie 10. I don't know what prevents them from upgrading his character, maybe bring Paragus back and do something with his character?
Sadly Xeno Paragus was already a thing, and while he did have some nice interactions with King Vegeta, he did not affect Broly in the slighest.

Also, even in movie 10 Broly could still say more words as he did speak to Gohan briefly. It isn't a huge difference but on Heroes you have Demigra specifically pointing out how he is just a mindless berserk by now, pure instinct. He really should have returned to a more stable state after Xeno Bardock used the Key Sword on him...

But again my issues is not only his behaviour. I have long accepted that is the Z Broly most media prefer, but at least make something with him. Have him fight other powerhouses or interrump battles, not just use him for a hype tool. He just doesn't matter in the story at all which is a shame.
ZodiacBeast wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:02 pm Too bad for Z Broly that Ultra Ego hasn't reached the anime yet. I feel that he might have got that form if it had been animated by now.
I actually thought the same thing. Unlike Vegeta, Broly would have no issues using the form given his nature. It would not change his behaviour or way of fighting at all.

Speaking of that, I have also been wondering if Cumber's evil ki would affect him at all. It just seems to make the affected Saiyan more savage (in the arcade Goku was still able to speak even on that state) and stronger, so would it be just a free power up with no drawbacks for Broly?

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:36 pm

Heroes is leaving money on the table by not doing Broly vs Broly or the Broly Cumber fusion.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:22 am

I don't know if there are images to prove this information, but apparently V-Jump claims:
Take it with a grain of salt, I'm sure that if it is indeed real it won't take long for images to be revealed.

EDIT: Nevermind it is real, and I have to say is... What have they done to Hearts? Do not give him those shitty glasses again :( His hair does look different tho...
Last edited by MisteryOne on Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:23 am

New cards shown here

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:08 pm

The 11th anniversary set is amazing, even though SSG Trunks looks hilariously out of place amidst SSJ4s

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:07 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:08 pm The 11th anniversary set is amazing, even though SSG Trunks looks hilariously out of place amidst SSJ4s
I was thinking the same thing ahaha.

About the new cards, that's "ss2" Hearts? Glad to see LB Gogeta as well!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:11 pm

I think it's only fair that we get Gogeta and Xeno Gogeta since we got Vegetto and Xeno Vegetto, but did it need to be now? I was kinda hoping the duo to be Warrior in Black and Goku... In fact, I hope Xeno Gogeta getting Super Full Power Saiyan 4 Limit Breaker doesn't mean they'll forget Warrior in Black's potential to get something too, if they intend to reveal his identity, that is.

Anyway, less than one week until the anniversary event. Let's see what they have in store to show us this year. It's might be possible that they reveal something related to the new movie too (I think they did that for Movie 1, if I'm not mistaken).
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~